The Inventor Guy's Content

There have been 224 items by The Inventor Guy (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#177877 Terminology

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 17 September 2008 - 03:09 AM in General Nerf

Yeah, you're right, I mean I'd be one of the first to take a dig at this.

In the defence though, Hasbro do market them both as Clips.
For the discussion, they function completely differently.
In the defence, people know what you mean especially when you mention a particular blaster.
For the discussion, umm...hmm...
In the defence, it's easier to say "clip".
For: 1, Defence: 3

ie
It really doesn't matter, people don't give a shit.

-Tidge.

#177288 Thinking About Starting A Regular Nerf Youtube Vlog

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 14 September 2008 - 06:08 AM in General Nerf

Stop thinking about it, just do it.

But do it well. :P

-Tidge.

#177287 Blast Fire Modification

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 14 September 2008 - 06:00 AM in Modifications

Pretty sure that PETG would just fit in the stock barrels, without having to mutilate the case?

Unless that PETG is different to what I had...

Good job posting the mod as a writeup.

-Tidge.

#177270 My Jspb "boost"

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 14 September 2008 - 12:55 AM in Homemades

Yeah they work great with crossbows, BBBs and Titans - I made a few universal ones to mix and match.
I use a bullpup type inline magazine on the crossbow for indoor or CQB type battles. Less the bungee of course.

-Tidge.

#177026 The Chimera (titan Rifle)

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 13 September 2008 - 02:01 AM in Modifications

^^^
The white pump on the side of the gun. If you were to shoulder the stock, the pump handle would face your shoulder. :ph34r:

I only just saw this though, this is good stuff! I was about to try something similar, but without the stock (my shell broke and I lost the trigger lol). After seeing this done so well, I'll give it a shot! :)
Props again.

-Tidge.

#176351 Stefan Problems

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 10 September 2008 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

One I know involves square cross-section brass tubing and and gluing it to the inside of the clip to hold the stefans at the back of the clip. (CaptainSlug might have done that)

Ouch.
You're not thinking of a little something I whipped up are you?

#176282 Stefan Problems

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 09 September 2008 - 09:10 PM in Modifications

The clips for those guns are designed to work with 3" darts, and most stefans are considerably shorter than that.

I'm not sure if three-inch darts would work in a ls/recon clip, because the last time I measured a 'streamline' dart, it was 2.75 inches. Just a thought...

And of course he's right, I just measured my clip and 3 inches is about the length of open space, meaning even if you had a 3" inch stefan, you'd have to make sure your hot glue dome didn't go over that much...

Bureaucrats. :D
I'm sure he meant 3" as a rough figure, but yeah... :P

#176239 Stefan Problems

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 09 September 2008 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

Did you try to figure it out for yourself first? Before seeing you have a probelm and go "oh noes I has a problem I must use the internets"? Sorry but this happens too often.

Try to see how the darts are getting jammed, then see if there's a way for you to stop them jamming.
If not post some pics or some more detail.

I'm assuming you're using a Longshot in this instance, you didn't state this?

#176233 How Do I Now If My Blastfire Is The New Version?

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 09 September 2008 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

The Blastfire withOUT DX500 on the shell is the old version.
If it's just got the Nerf "N" then it's the New version.

-Tidge.

#175868 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 08 September 2008 - 06:03 AM in General Nerf

They do exist.

It's just a FireFly with Hasbro/Iron Man packaging, and a Hasbro/Iron Man colour scheme. Nothing fantastic.

#175866 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 08 September 2008 - 05:53 AM in General Nerf

Any kind of Nerf in any public place at night is asking for police attention.
During a nerf out, we've had police called on us. Road blocks, armed officers, the works. Stage 3'd two guys (Stage 4 is firing the weapon) and basically just said "My bad, continue."
This was a couple of years ago though.
We don't paint our guns, we've got all the bright ones too.
This was at a public school grounds btw.

-Tidge.

#175104 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 05 September 2008 - 04:08 AM in General Nerf

Recons were on sale at Kmart for $25.00 for a while, if they still have them they are probably leftovers. Target had them from a while for $30 with 20 bonus streamlines (!!) however that sale is now over too.

Where in Adelaide are you T.I.G?

on a side note I got my LS yesterday. It's ok-ish stock, cant wait to mod the crap out of it though

Aj

PM'd, check it yo.

#175097 New Nerf Video Game

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 05 September 2008 - 01:28 AM in General Nerf

The "Shield" so called, appears to be a zoom feature or something.

Uh no, that would actually be the sheild. As in, that's the health guage.

#173331 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 29 August 2008 - 03:01 AM in General Nerf

Recons hav made an appearance on K-Mart shelves, at least in South Australia they have.
I have also seen Mavericks here. I think I got one from Target.

Also, the springs you found in Bunnings - too heavy guage and the biggest doesn't even fit a NF. *thumbsdown*

#136568 Mega Nightfinder

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 19 January 2008 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

It's not as clean as it could be, but it's still good. Always feels good to heavily modify something and it's successful.

I'll post my Nite Finder which I did a while ago. I modified it for performance and reliability/longevity and CQC use. (we allow some CQC in our wars)

-Tidge.

#133168 Cleaning Products

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 20 December 2007 - 12:16 AM in General Nerf

Yeah, I wouldn't use any of these products on Epoxy that's on an actual project/blaster, I would carefully sand or scrape it off with a knife.

OMC, thanks for reminding me about Latex gloves, that's a great idea! Guess I'm off to buy a box of those then :P

I can't believe I haven't used these suggestions before, I'm usually the first to say something like that anyway!
Newspaper, gloves, common sense...Jeez!

:(

-Tidge.

#132623 Cleaning Products

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 16 December 2007 - 05:02 AM in General Nerf

Hey guys, it's been a while.

So recently while performing routine maintenance on my Nerf blasters, I've noticed a few barrels needed to be reattached. I secured said barrels using epoxy glue.

My question to you is, what products do you use to clean your skin or your work area of fresh and cured epoxy and other adhesives?

My biggest concern is the products on my skin, I mean I know it'll go away eventually, but I'm both impatient and I prefer my skin to be clean of adhesives so I don't get it all over my projects!

I usually use Methylated spirits for my cleaning, or Acetone (Nail polish remover), but epoxy is a stubborn one.

Suggestions?

-Tidge.

#132480 Nerf Recon Cs-6 On Amazon

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 14 December 2007 - 09:54 PM in General Nerf

Although CaptainCC is a trusted seller, just trying to pay some bills.
At least this means the Recon is out in a number of days; he sold the Dart Tag Set and I think the Longshot(?) shortly before the wide retail release.

-Tidge.

#122770 M203 Style Grenade Launcher

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 12 September 2007 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

Remembering this?
Posted Image

Crossbow Titan.

-Tidge.

#115006 Let Me Introduce You To "steve"

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 08 July 2007 - 02:03 AM in Modifications

You should've kept the RF20 air bladder in there - then you could recharge the Titan tank too!

In series, it would be Bladder > Titan Valve > RF20 Valve.
But this is cool too.
Nice and clean work, good job.

-Tidge.

#114866 Hacking The Wii (do I Need Windows?)

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 07 July 2007 - 05:13 AM in Off Topic

So if it's old news to you, I take it you wouldn't mind elaborating advantages and features and such, to those of us who are less informed of the technology?
Thanks for volunteering, that's great.

I'll look forwards to hearing about it then.
-Tidge.

Just because I knew about it doesn't mean I have a Wii or have researched the capabilities. However, if you're looking for information you should definitely check out http://wii.qj.net/ and QJ forums and I'm sure you will find all you need.

Awesome, cheers.

So umm, can we get on topic? And perhaps keep talking about the Wii and such? Or are the admins forbidding us to on a technicality of rules...?

-Tidge.

#114646 Hacking The Wii (do I Need Windows?)

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 05 July 2007 - 10:45 PM in Off Topic

So if it's old news to you, I take it you wouldn't mind elaborating advantages and features and such, to those of us who are less informed of the technology?
Thanks for volunteering, that's great.

I'll look forwards to hearing about it then.
-Tidge.

#114645 Am I Allowed To Post This?

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 05 July 2007 - 10:42 PM in Off Topic

Selling over eBay is alot safer than selling over a forum.

On eBay there are legal contracts and shit - if you get ripped off, you get reimbursed.

Seems a little silly to say "I don't want to sell on eBay because I'm afraid of scammers, so I'll stick to selling things over a forum where there is no proof of transaction or legal aids"

Not that you're saying that, I'm saying in general.

Anyways.
Yeah.
-Tidge.

#114396 Hacking The Wii (do I Need Windows?)

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 04 July 2007 - 01:42 AM in Off Topic

Woah woah woah woah, back up thar.

...You can hack let alone chip a Wii??
Shit. I'm behind in the times.

Zelda online?
Shitzor. Really behind.

I've got a Wii + Zelda + Redsteel etc.
...How does one go about hacking or chipping and such?

Yeap, I'm wirelessly connected to the net too.

-Tidge.

#110198 Oh SNAP!

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 09 June 2007 - 04:03 AM in Homemades

Personally I'd probably stick some simple sights on there to make it a little easier to aim since there's no seam to use as a guide, but you may be able to look down the body of the gun just fine. I just tend to use the seam to aim so without one it'd feel weird.

Piney plays Stock-Class Paintball, so I'm sure he won't have a problem aiming this beauty.

-Tidge.

#100921 Anyone Mess With Titan's 2nd Trigger?

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 08 March 2007 - 06:44 AM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure one of the blokes from Michigan have done it before (Lefty?).
By done it before, I mean a similar concept. He used the secondary trigger on the Titan to fire an AT2k valve. 'Twas very cool.

-Tidge.

#100920 Frozen Plasticine - Bb Like Ammunition

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 08 March 2007 - 06:39 AM in Homemades

If it's so hard to roll a sphere with your fingers, why not just use a Sinker Mold to shape the plasticine into a sphere.
Having an X-Acto knife handy works wonders to trim off the slight mold imperfections that are left behind.
I do this with silicone and sometimes hot glue to make a solid sphere projectile. A bit of Petroleum Jelly in the mold first ensures the balls come straight out without having to dig in to them.

As for the magazine idea, a simple cog-like dealy at the bottom (if the mag is gravity) that rotates as the balls come down, thus separating them, would work well. Just look at how some electronic paintball hoppers work - the idea's not the same but the mechanics are similar enough to use as an analogy.

-Tidge.

#98883 Petg Barrel Magstrike

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 28 January 2007 - 03:49 AM in Modifications

That's very cool.
I was thinking of doing something alot like that myself, except I don't have a MagStrike yet. <_<
Was that PETG purchased from OMC? *hoping that's the guy who's selling it*

-Tidge.

#98251 First-ever Homemade

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 14 January 2007 - 01:34 AM in Homemades

I lol'd as soon as I saw you were trying to cut something with a saw like that.
I always use a Dremel-type rotary tool and reinforced Cut-off wheels, or a hacksaw and either my feet or a vice/clamp. I wouldn't recommend using body parts to secure projects in place while cutting them unless you're also some psycho Aussie.

Epoxy is great for securing, fixing and adhering things to one-another and also sealing small leaks.
However, it is brittle and, by experience, I would suggest against using Epoxy for fixing leaks like this. It's not that it's dangerous, well it could potentially be I suppoe, it's that it cracks under pressure; thus rendering the leak-fix completely useless.
I would, however recommend supergluing sheet plastic over leaks. This works fantasticly if you do it right.
Other than that, another good strong bonding or adhesive agent such as JB Weld or Plumbers Goop.

Reccomends:
-Dremel; Rotary tool (Any quality Rotary Tool substitute will do)
-Dremel; Reinforced Cut-Off Wheel
-JB Weld Steel Epoxy Adhesive
-Plumber's Goop PVC Sealant

Hope I help someway,
Good luck!
-Tidge.

#98242 New Reactor Paintjob

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 13 January 2007 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

Look at Baghead's paintjobs.

No comparison. Bags does it with style, not in a fucking baby nursery.
I liked the colours of the older Atomiser much better. The dark blue and orange worked. This? It's just...no.

-Tidge.

#97875 New Nerf Tech Target!

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 07 January 2007 - 08:05 PM in General Nerf

Besides the Micro Dart barrel, are the internals the same as the original Tech Target?

-Tidge.

#94884 Crossbow Mod

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 20 November 2006 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

For indoor wars, 6" or 8" of brass will do well. Very well. Especially if it's 9/16" coupled onto a stub of 17/32".
Just be careful - crossbow's can be very powerful and sometimes dangerous in close quarters if you mod it just the right way.

-Tidge.

#94195 Homemade Air Gun

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 11 November 2006 - 09:13 PM in Homemades

The primer strips off the glazing on the PVC so the cement creates a better bond. Either the primer or the cement, I think it's the primer, is purple. I heard that the purple stuff works better.

Let me clarify that post; it's confusing and if taken the wrong way could be dangerous. Just like swallowing a suppository.
The primer does just that - it primes the pipe to be glued and bonded.
The cement finishes the job by creating a bond between PVC+PVC.
You can't just use primer - you can just use cement if you wanted, a long as you lightly sanded or scrubbed the pipe - but not just using only primer.
So as I said, it's not necessary to use Primer - I never have personally, but I have different methods - but I would recommend it for anything you are going to pressurise over 50psi.

-Tidge.

#93832 Bunkers...

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 07 November 2006 - 04:55 AM in Homemades

Hang on, am I missing something?
I've got two things to say...
1) My friends and I usually play speedball type games in our backyards - using tables, chairs and any other outdoor furniture around, with a cloth or bedsheet draped over it to block the gaps.
The games are fun, usually hilarious and fast. No slow games.

2) Not shooting through paper or Cardboard? Mate, are you guys just shooting foam blanks or something? We've tried using cardboard (corrugated, packaging stuff) and darts shot from Nite Finders, Air Techs of sorts and other guns like those shoot through no problem. Let alone paper screens. I'm talking about stefans, too.

Anyway, getting relevant to what you're looking for.
I couldn't make a better suggestion for a frame than PVC or similar tubes, perhaps those resin fibre shafts (as used in kites) ? They're only like 3 or 4mm thick, but can splinter if messed with too much or left outside too long.
Anyway, as for the walls, what about the rip-stop nylon material? This is also used in kites. Rip-stop is a type of material that literally stops ripping. If you look at it closely you can see a 5mm grid/squares, which are basically reinforcements. This is light weight, flexible and tough. It can come in all sorts of colours, thicknesses and strengths. I bought some black cotton/polyester ripstop for holsters. It's great stuff.

I hope I made any good suggestions! :D

-Tidge.

#93211 Magstrike Video

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 28 October 2006 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

lol "Major Pumping Required"
Haha, so true...

-Tidge.

#93208 (idea) How To Fix Tigs Ls Breach Mod From Jaming

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 28 October 2006 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

I don't think the repositioning would work too well, but it is a good idea. I like your thinking.
Another idea would be to position the barrel correctly and/or add a 3 or 4mm rubber tab just above the barrel so as the guide the dart properly.
Or you could use the right ammunition.

-Tidge.

#92994 New Petg Supplier

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 25 October 2006 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

Same here. 25 feet at least.
Make sure you're good for PayPal, though! I imagine that would be a preffered method amongst alot of these guys, including myself.

-Tidge.

#91498 My Split Target

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 08 October 2006 - 06:21 AM in Modifications

I did a similar thing to this. Well, almost the same thing, just different guns.
It was a Nite Finder with a SM750 valve.
I posted it on NHQ before the hack, but I'm not sure about here.
Here's the picture:
Posted Image
And my Crossbow / Shotgun Titan - for the hell of it.
Posted Image

-Tidge.

#91254 My Longshot Modifications (56k Beware)

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 04 October 2006 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

I do have this problem occasionally.
To remedy it I either make my darts a slightly more rounded at the tip (on the edge of the foam - the bevel gives the dart a naturally more dynamic loading) and also I thought of a small rubber or spring-retractable piece of plastic that sits just above the barrel so as to guide the dart in properly and pulls away when the bolt gets there.
I guess a more simple thing to do is bend the back of the barrel out of shape so it has its own bevel and feeding ramp, so to speak.

The reason why the darts jam is because of the square edge of a stefan. if it is rounded boat-tail or ball-point, it wouldn't have this problem.

-Tidge.

#90782 Longshot Bolt Breakage

Posted by The Inventor Guy on 29 September 2006 - 01:58 AM in Modifications

That would work, but it wouldn't. You see, to be able to cock the gun, that carrier (piece that broke off) retracts allllll the way back the the plunger tube - no room for a reinforcement barrel sheath like that. The idea would still work if you simply shortened that sheath up to the base of the carrier.
I would highly recommend changing springs. If you can, try to use a Maxshot spring, or a BBB spring. My friend used a Nite Finder spring and the original in his. It works fairly well.
Don't worry about the darts not being able to fit - they will if they're Stefans and at least 2" short.
So that copper barrel does work at it's length? Wow. That's amazingly long.

-Tidge.