Photo

(idea) How To Fix Tigs Ls Breach Mod From Jaming

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:00 PM

Well I was going to do Tig’s ls breach mod on my longshot and I've noticed that when you put the clip in, the T shaped thing on the bolt pushes the darts in the magazine down. So when you cut that peace off, the darts aren’t level with the barrel. And that’s why the gun always jams. So then I found a solution to the problem.

Here is a picture of the T shaped thing that Im talking about.
Posted Image

So what you need to do is reposition the magazine. The only way to do this is to cut another spot for the catch. Well theirs not enough room to do this so your going to have to do it on the other side.

How to mod the clip.
1-shave off the little nub on the side that prevents the magazine from going in the wrong way. You would also need to shave off or cut off a little bit on the sides of the clip so that it would fit.
2-measure and cut a new catch.
NOTE- The cut has to be a little bit higher than the original cut.

Here is a picture to help explain more.
Posted Image
I haven’t done this mod to my ls clip yet but I would want to know if you think it would work. So please leave feedback.

Edited by Dart Attack, 28 October 2006 - 09:31 AM.

#2 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

I don't think the repositioning would work too well, but it is a good idea. I like your thinking.
Another idea would be to position the barrel correctly and/or add a 3 or 4mm rubber tab just above the barrel so as the guide the dart properly.
Or you could use the right ammunition.

-Tidge.

Edited by The Inventor Guy, 28 October 2006 - 08:22 PM.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users