Let’s take a little tour first.
1. New O-rings
2. Restrictor removal
3. Copper Barrel*
4. Improved breach
Here is what it looks like from the outside
The back stock is missing, because I have had it open way too many times in the last month, and haven’t put it back on for ease of opening it again.
It looks much better with it on.
The holes in the barrel are to compensate for the spinning dart problem some people were having.
It aids in the dissipation of any extra force before dart ejection.
Then, here is what happened on the inside.
I didn't have it completely opened up at the time I took pics. So many screws. If you happen to notice, the parts with the red arrows should be connected. Unfortunately they are not. The carriage separated from the breach making it impossible to cock the gun.
I was trying to mod the end of the bolt to fit flush with my brass barrel. In doing so, I believe I had cut too much off the part at the top, in combination with two way overpowered springs, causing it to separate.
I was trying to improve on the design below by adding an o-ring
So now, I have a very broken LS and no clue as to how to fix it. I have tried gluing what’s left of the bolt nub back on twice with no success. I am thinking about now hacking part of bolt off to replace it with something the same size made of metal and sturdier, giving it a more solid connection to the carriage, but I’m not sure what materials to use to create a bolt and connection nub like seen above.
If anyone has a suggestion on how to get these back together, or a different way to cock the gun, feel free. I’m open for suggestions, and can answer any questions or post any more pictures necessary.
Thats what I got so far, lets see what you have.
*good call, I didnt really think about it.
Edited by darkstarfire, 28 September 2006 - 08:40 PM.