Photo

My Jspb "boost"

24 replies to this topic

#1 nerfa28

nerfa28

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:25 AM

Here Are some pictures of my JSPB Style homemades based off the design of the "Boost". Posted Image Here You can see the double valve trigger mechanism. ( and for all the noobs reading this that is so you can keep shooting without having to pump each shot...)Posted Image A different angle... Also I can attach a inline clip or an arrow launcher.Posted Image the arrow attachment.Posted Imagewith the inline clip. Please comment! :ph34r:

#2 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

Here Are some pictures of my JSPB Style homemades based off the design of the "Boost".
Posted Image
Here You can see the double valve trigger mechanism. ( and for all the noobs reading this that is so you can keep shooting without having to pump each shot...)
Posted Image
A different angle... Also I can attach a inline clip or an arrow launcher.
Posted Image
the arrow attachment.
Posted Image
with the inline clip. Please comment! :)

^^ Using the enter key every once in a while keeps your pictures and words from being crammed together :ph34r:

I've never understood how inline clips work, but this looks very functional and simple. Nice work. What ranges do you get with it?

Probably dead by now, or something.

#3 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

The inline clip is really cool. Kudos for putting that in there.

I've never understood how inline clips work, but this looks very functional and simple. Nice work. What ranges do you get with it?

The inline clip is usually a piece of thin wall PVC that holds the darts in loose. There is a tight barrel coupled to it on the end. When the gun is fired, air goes around the darts in the loose clip but fires the dart in the tight barrel. Loading varies: my friend made one that air pressure alone forced the next dart into the barrel and all he had to do was cock and fire. The ones I make have to be tilted downward for the next dart to advance.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#4 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

Hey, would it be possible to put an incline clip on a gun like the crossbow?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

Hey, would it be possible to put an incline clip on a gun like the crossbow?

Yep, but It'll probably be best used on a air gun. I haven't done that much experimenting with it though. You should definetly try it Ice if you have some extra couplers hanging around. They are really simple to make.

Edited by Galaxy613, 13 September 2008 - 12:46 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#6 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

Then how about strapping one on a titan?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

It should work great with a titan.

Edited by Galaxy613, 13 September 2008 - 01:05 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:25 PM

Do those Home Depot ball valves actually work? The reason 3DBBQ's guns work so well is cos he has access to some sort of ball valve that I can't find anywhere in the states. The guns work best with a really fast trigger pull, and I was never able to get one off of those ball valves that you have to turn.

Nice work, though. I'm sure with a paintjob 3D would be proud of it.

One piece of advice I would give is, in terms of comfort, it's probably best to make a stock out of PVC as well. I realize none of the guns here have them, per se, but you can achieve it relatively easily. Instead of putting an endcap on the bottom half, make it a t-splitter and cap both ends of that ( with some piping exposed if you choose to make it longer ).

Edited by Rambo, 13 September 2008 - 01:30 PM.

#9 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

What kind of valves were they Rambo?
Also, Nice job on the homemade. 1 question though, whats holding the PVC together?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

What kind of valves were they Rambo?
Also, Nice job on the homemade. 1 question though, whats holding the PVC together?

3DBBQ uses ball valves as well, but they are much easier to turn and they're more of a trigger shape.

#11 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

It makes me happy to see 3d's work being put to use; he makes some of the most impressive homemades out there. And as for the inline mag: it's also a question of friction. My stefan/barrel fit is so tight that it would be a joke for me, as the dart would never slide into the barrel; Carbon, though, has had great results using a version of this. It would be interesting to try with Zero darts...
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#12 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

It says Ball Valve ST. Does that mean street ball vales?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#13 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

It says Ball Valve ST. Does that mean street ball vales?

I've no idea, to be honest, but I doubt ST stands for street... I've never heard of a particular kind of ball valves referred to as such either.

#14 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

The ball valves that 3DBBQ uses are similar to the metal ball valves at most hardware stores.

#15 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

The ball valves that 3DBBQ uses are similar to the metal ball valves at most hardware stores.

Really? I've checked my Ace, Lowes, Home Depot and a few other ones that I can't remember the names of and I've never seen them.

#16 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:24 PM

It should work great with a titan.

I disagree; it would be less than optimal with a Titan. The traditional couplered barrel would work much better due to the fact that the titan doesn't have a reserve tank as well as the firing tank. With an inline clip, each shot would have to be primed by pumping up the main tank in the Titan, compared to simply flipping the rear valve to refill the firing tank on a JSPB. You'd still have significant priming time while reducing the gun's power because of the inline clip's dead space.

Has anyone tried to contact 3DBBQ about shipping over some of those ball valves?

#17 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Really? I've checked my Ace, Lowes, Home Depot and a few other ones that I can't remember the names of and I've never seen them.

They aren't the exact same, but they are the closest we can get here. Similar open times, I think.

#18 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:49 PM

I remember Carbon trying them on his SNAP. Does anybody know how that turned out? The ranges didn't seem to decrease a whole lot in most people's write-ups, but I guess you really can't trust ranges posted on the net...<head hangs in shame/disgust>.

I keep meaning to try one on my SM1.5K, but I never get around to it...soon.

#19 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:07 PM

Min.tee: it would be fantastic if we could get ahold of some of those valves. However, even if 3D were willing, shipping would be horrific. It MIGHT be doable if demand were great enough that someone could order a shitload and re-sell them, but I'm not sure enough people would be interested. ~Rork
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#20 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

Excellent to see 3DBBQ's designs getting some love. They're truly some of the best and most innovative blasters on this site. Good job. Also pretty cool to see an inline on it.

As far as inlines: with an inline on my SNAP, range decreases by about 25% (90' down to about 60-70' or so). Range decreases, but the ROF increase more than makes up for it. (i.e. my next project is a rebuild of the SNAP-4). I would think that an inline would work quite well on a crossbow. After all, Frost Vectron got good results with one on a Razorbeast.

Tight dart fit doesn't matter in an inline, so long as the barrel attachment tapers into the tight area. So long as the dart can seat a little bit into the barrel, it'll fire.

Edited by Carbon, 13 September 2008 - 11:57 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#21 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

Yeah they work great with crossbows, BBBs and Titans - I made a few universal ones to mix and match.
I use a bullpup type inline magazine on the crossbow for indoor or CQB type battles. Less the bungee of course.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#22 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

I may have to try one. Perhaps extensive dremeling of the back of the barrel, so as to form a sort of chamber...? Of course, I may have to quit holding out on brass and just try that. ~Rork

Edited by rork, 14 September 2008 - 03:30 PM.

#23 nerfa28

nerfa28

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

Sorry for not posting for so long... but I have tested it and it is working pretty well so far. The only problem is my inline clip is working like CRAP! I think some one said this before but the "clip" part is way too tight and the darts don't slide at all... any I deas? ( other than that it's working great!)

#24 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

The only problem is my inline clip is working like CRAP! I think some one said this before but the "clip" part is way too tight and the darts don't slide at all... any I deas? ( other than that it's working great!)

If the clip portion is schd. 40 PVC, switch over to thinwal. That should give you the clearance you need, while letting you keep the same fittings.

Oh, and to be accurate, that's an RSCB clip, rather than an inline.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#25 nerfa28

nerfa28

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

The only problem is my inline clip is working like CRAP! I think some one said this before but the "clip" part is way too tight and the darts don't slide at all... any I deas? ( other than that it's working great!)

If the clip portion is schd. 40 PVC, switch over to thinwal. That should give you the clearance you need, while letting you keep the same fittings.

Oh, and to be accurate, that's an RSCB clip, rather than an inline.

Yeah whatever <_< .... But I will try the thin wall one I can get to the Hardware store.Thnx! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users