Banshee's Content

There have been 572 items by Banshee (Search limited from 18-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#293062 Hornet Tank Problems

Posted by Banshee on 18 January 2011 - 02:49 PM in Modifications

Excuse my double post, but will THESE work?

#293061 Hornet Tank Problems

Posted by Banshee on 18 January 2011 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

Well I've basically concluded that I'm going to drop in two check valves because I like the idea of being able to fire both guns completely independent of each other and being able to leave one pressurized at all times. It'd be nice to leave a shotgun blast in the Titan primed and ready and use the Hornet tanks as a primary gun and when needed, unleash havoc with the Titan.

Thanks for your help guys, I'll let you all know how it goes. By the way, anyone know where to get check valves? Local hardware stores don't seem to have them.

Hornets have them inside of them, they are easy enough to scrap out and attach tubing too. I think there is a way to make them using ball bearings and tubing as well, and I'm sure you can find some available for purchase if you look around online.

I'd have to take you at your word on that, but if there were check valves inside the tanks, then how is the blast button going to work? The check valve needs to be before the blast button and the tanks. Either way I'm going to do what was suggested which is basically branch the tubing off into two directions, each with their own check valve.

I was hoping someone could save me the hassle of finding out the hard way and send me a link to a check valve that will operate at the right pressure that fits on 3/16 ID-5/16 OD tubing. I don't know much about pressure systems and I just don't want to get the wrong thing, especially when I have to order it.

#293146 Hornet Tank Problems

Posted by Banshee on 20 January 2011 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

That's almost exactly like the one I've built looks like, minus the titan tank, and you have even more hose length than do. I don't think little things like tube length, tube size, and placement of T's is going to effect the overall performance enough to notice. I mean you don't want to overdo it, but I think the range difference between my design and a perfect design will only be about 10 feet. I can live with that.

My check valves will be here on Tuesday and then I can test it.

#293071 Hornet Tank Problems

Posted by Banshee on 18 January 2011 - 06:56 PM in Modifications

Thanks Bob, I'll take that into consideration when I rebuild it.

#125530 Buzz Bee Tommy Gun

Posted by Banshee on 08 October 2007 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

To decrease on noise is there any sliding parts that could be lubricated or better lubricated?

#260679 Supermaxx 3000 Overhaul

Posted by Banshee on 04 January 2010 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

Wow, I did pretty much the exact same thing like 2 months ago, kept the auto rotation and didn't do a pump, but I have the rear load, perfect seal, and it hits over 100' consistently. These guns are very underrated. Nice work on beating me to posting it. Haha.

#180747 Comming Soon: The Nerf Pen

Posted by Banshee on 01 October 2008 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

Maybe it should shoot airsoft BB's. I know we're all trying to go for the whole nerf thing around here, but in all practicality, it would be easier and more efficient to use airsoft BB's. Shoot kids across a classroom during a test and he'd have no clue who did it...

#125664 Buzz Bee Tommy Gun

Posted by Banshee on 09 October 2007 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Of course that's not possible. Motorized guns can't break windows without posing danger to the operator or destroying the dart. Either way, it is the motor that causes the noise as everyone has stated. I suggested inulating around the motors, but anders brings up an excellent point in needing to balance the wheels. If you can, get the motors and wheels running out of the shell and see if they are shaking (most likely) and by how much. If you can change the way that they are mounted so that they are more centered, then you will both reduce a portion of the noise. Wrap the motor in craft foam if you can and cut cooling slits to reduce noise a bit more. There's nothing that will make this completely or even near completely quiet, but get as close as you can.

No duh, it couldn't break a window. There aren't very many guns, if any at all, that could break a window. It was an exaggeration used to show how my brother could get the most power out of the gun as possible. Some people take things too literally. I'm not an idiot, I don't make outrageous, unbelievable claims around a bunch of obviously smart people... Relax.

In other news, Insulation the gun probably wouldn't help with the noise and I doubt that you would run the thing often enough to overheat the motor. They can take quite a bit of heat, I know, I work with them a lot. So I don't think insulating the motor is a problem. I do like the balancing the motor idea. It sounds a little tough to get perfect, but I'll get it.

And does anyone know if Ace Hardware sells backer rod? Because I can't ever find it in there. I've been to The Home Depot, and they got nothing either. And neither does Harbor Freight.

#125496 Buzz Bee Tommy Gun

Posted by Banshee on 08 October 2007 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

I was in Wal-Mart today and I saw a yellow tommy gun made from Buzz Bee (at least I think so) and it has a huge 20 round clip hanging out of the bottom. It appears to be all electric motors that power it. The dart looks like it hits two spinning wheels that shoot it out the gun. I haven't boughten it yet, but i think I might. I think I'm going to open it up and either replace the motors with stronger faster ones, or I'm going to swap out the capacitors on the boards and put in a 9.6 volt RC car battery so it can spin the little motors multiple times faster.

Before I do this, does anyone have any mods for this thing or should I be the first to do a right up when I'm done?

*Edit: http://www.buzzbeeto...2006/04750.html *

#255458 Rscb Clip

Posted by Banshee on 05 November 2009 - 10:47 PM in Darts and Barrels

While we're asking questions and all, I have the nubiest question I have ever asked. Its simply because I never really found out. I've searched and found nothing dating back to the beginning of the forum. What the hell does RSCB stand for? I have my ideas, but I've never seen it spelled out? Anybody?

#260711 Supermaxx 3000 Overhaul

Posted by Banshee on 04 January 2010 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

While we're still on the topic of this overhaul, I'd like to post some pictures of the SM3K I overhauled very similarly. If you don't mind that is. If you do mind, let me know I'll take them down.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Same basic mods, I used PVC pipe for stabilizing the barrels. It made it kind of front heavy, but its very comfortable.

#177217 Comming Soon: The Nerf Pen

Posted by Banshee on 13 September 2008 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

even having the stuff custom machined, unless it was made of 14K gold or something stupid like that, I have no idea why it would cost that much. Make a 3-D blueprint of it and have the parts mass produced. Then sell them as kits to all of is for the outrageous price of $10... I'd pay $10 for a pen that shoots a dart 20 feet... I know, I deal with having parts machined in China all the time through work, as long as you buy a lot, it's really cheap.

#125505 Buzz Bee Tommy Gun

Posted by Banshee on 08 October 2007 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

I have it and these are the following things I've done to it:
cut darts off a centimetre so they dont jam
pry off orange piece on top for less jamming
increase battery power up to 9v battery.

What was the gun like after these mods?

#125634 Buzz Bee Tommy Gun

Posted by Banshee on 09 October 2007 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

Yeah, the gun would be my brothers anyways, he's not a big nerfer, but i like my rapid fire 20 and he wants a different one. he's in college to be an electrical engineer so he's really good with wiring and i'm sure he could have this thing breaking windows in an hour.

#125803 Buzz Bee Tommy Gun

Posted by Banshee on 11 October 2007 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

Yeah, thanks. Yesterday I went to a Lowe's and went into the weather stripping section and found a 20ft roll of it for like 3 bucks, so I cut two 10ft strips and they've been stretching and straitening out all night, so I'll get started on making darts a little later. It was actually called just simply "backer rod". Nothing fancy.

#162390 Who Likes The N64? Nintendo?

Posted by Banshee on 11 July 2008 - 02:00 PM in Modifications

Im totally in for that. Can anyone say vacuum cannon?

NICE! I was thinking like a toaster or a toilet seat, but a vacuum would kick ass!

#162387 Who Likes The N64? Nintendo?

Posted by Banshee on 11 July 2008 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

I think we should all hold a contest to see who can integrate a Nerf gun into the most ridiculous household objects!!! I'M IN!

#125692 Buzz Bee Tommy Gun

Posted by Banshee on 10 October 2007 - 12:22 PM in Modifications

They'll have it in Home Depot, but you don't ask for Foam Backer Rod... If you do they'll look at you all confused.
You ask for Caulk Savers by Frost King, and Ace's should have it too, (their own Ace brand) but don't be surprised if they don't have 1/2"... usually it's only 3/8" or 5/8".

PS, Why try to insulate the noise, when it's the noise that puts the fear into the enemy? Vroom-Vroom!!

Thanks, I'll Keep that it mind next time I go to either place.

#162429 Who Likes The N64? Nintendo?

Posted by Banshee on 11 July 2008 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

HAHA! My brother is in a wheelchair, this would be a good time to show off the guns I built into it!! He has dual nightfinder holsters and and a longshot attached to the back!

#240929 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 08 July 2009 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Very cool idea. I wouldn't agree that it's the sexiest gun I've ever seen, but to each his own. It is still very, very nice looking. The only problem I have is with your lack of sanding and lame excuse. Low grit sandpaper is very cheap and easy to get, but, like Dizzy, I am very nitpicky about that stuff.

Even if I had the right grit, which I do somewhere, I still probably wouldn't have done it, I think it looks fine, from 4 feet away I honestly can't even tell. I'm not worried about it. If you do a mod involving epoxying 2 guns together, sand the hell out of it, I just didn't feel like doing it. Maybe next time.

#240923 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 08 July 2009 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Nice, very aesthetically pleasing. One thing I'm not clear of, though. Is there a check valve between the 2k tank and the titan tank? You didn't mention one. So does shooting the 3k tank also drain the titan tank? What was the purpose of the 3k tank then?

There is no check valve, the idea was to have a second shot firing almost as far as the titan itself but no having to reload seeing as it could take as long as 40 seconds including pumping. A check valve is a good idea though, it would make it more versatile, I'll look into getting one, thanks!

Awesome, that sounds like it works well. You know what would be cool, is getting some sort of check valve that could be disengaged, so you could use it either way at the flip of a switch.

I could use a 3 way switch with a ball valve style switch and reroute one of the 2 hoses with a check valve and the other without. I had the same idea, but the idea was to put that mechanism between the pump and the tanks, so I could fill the Titan with 20 pumps, and fill the SM3K with 1 or 2 pumps and still get 100' ranges out of it. But I couldn't find a selector valve. Anyone ever seen one before? A valve the goes from one path into two with a knob on top to choose paths?

#240956 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 09 July 2009 - 01:11 AM in Modifications

A very nice cosmetic job. Sandpaper would have been an improvement on the detail of the gun, but I think it is cool enough they way it is.
nice NF; I haven't seen many with an inline clip.

The glow in the first two pics is coming fromt the gun, right?

No, its an LED light strip I set behind it, check the paint job thread, I posted pictures of two other guns using the same light a few hours ago.

#241007 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 09 July 2009 - 10:55 AM in Modifications

Do darts fired from the 3k clear the forward sight on your upside down LS attachment? It's likely an optical ilusion, but it looks like it would divert their trajectory.

I was waiting for someone to notice that. Its a optical illusion, but the weird thing is you can see it in person as well. Once you look down the barrel though its obviously not it the way.

#240921 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 08 July 2009 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

Well then in that case, you can call it "The Prey".

I might call it "Extinction" just to spite you.

I did sand the epoxy a little bit, but all I had was 800 grit, so I gave up trying... haha.

I wasn't even aware that sandpaper came in 800-grit. The finest I have is 270.

Yeah, I got 2000 grit sandpaper I use just before polishing. I do a lot of car painting and I enjoy painting my guitars, so in order to get a mirror finish I sand the clear with 2k grit before buffing. Try it sometime!

#241250 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 10 July 2009 - 10:53 AM in Modifications

Did you get a RSCB nightfinder to work? Mine shoots about 20 feet if it fired at all, which is odd because it shot 70 feet before.

Yes, if you read the first post I said it got 50' ranges. It depends on what barrel material your using, mine has a crayola barrel because it has that tapper to it. That might have a lot to do with it.

#207483 Ps-800 And The "slide Angel Breech"

Posted by Banshee on 28 January 2009 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

Is there any way to move the clip closer to the gun and shorten the barrel? Because this thing is pretty beastly but it looks awkward and a tad long...

#287060 Tiny Tim - Edit: Simpler More Effective Design On Page 2

Posted by Banshee on 17 October 2010 - 01:48 AM in Modifications

Holy Hell, I thought this was going to be a troll, and then I saw a hornet tank! Nice dude! thats threw me for a loop!

#240916 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 08 July 2009 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Also I was going to name my next project the Predator, but you beat me to it.

Well then in that case, you can call it "The Prey". Haha, just kidding! Thanks for the compliment! I did sand the epoxy a little bit, but all I had was 800 grit, so I gave up trying... haha.

#240905 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 08 July 2009 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

Before we get started, I am fully aware that there is a Paint Job and Modification picture thread, but being the attention whore that I am, and this begin a cosmetic mod I have never seen done before, I felt it deserved its own thread. If you feel otherwise, there is no need for flaming, just let me know for next time.

Anyways! What is this you might ask yourself???

Posted Image

Well with the lights on, I unveil my latest work of much bloodshed, "The Predator"!

Posted Image

This is in my opinion the sexiest gun I have ever seen. its massive and SCARY. Its a Titan with a CPVC barrel running down the inside of a LSFG attached to the front of the gun upside down. I did it upside down because the barrel lined up that way, it looked more natural, and it put all the screws on the same side due to the fact that the Titan screws seem to be on the opposite side from most guns. It also made it easier to integrate the SM3000 tank to the underside.

Posted Image

I hid it underneath the cocking handle of the LSFG, couplered it, and put the trigger out the back to the second handle making it VERY easy to fire. I have no internal pictures, but what I did becomes very obvious in this picture:

Posted Image

What I did was route the hose out the side where the pressure gauge was. I connected it to the same spot where the pressure gauge was so the pressure in the SM3K tank is virtually the same pressure as the titan itself except for the small hose and the small release valve hindering the air. The SM3K takes no extra pumps and only shoots about 30-40 feet less than the titan which gets normal 150'+ ranges.

In this picture you can also see the epoxy putty used to attach the two gun halves together. It could be cleaner, but I'm happy with it.

Posted Image

This is the view down the sight now and I think it makes the gun VERY easy to aim. I was able to shoot the propane tank on my grill from about 120' away in under 3 shots, all three landed withing 5 feet.

Posted Image

This is it's matching sidearm, a second generation nightfinder with an inline clip on top, gets about 50' with the stock spring and holds 4 darts.

Posted Image

This gun is pretty darn massive, with the pump out I measured it at 40 inches long, however it isn't any harder to wield than any other titan. I love this gun and its absolutely terrifying to look down the barrel of. Trust me, I loaned it out in a war and about pissed my self running.

So, let me know what you think, questions, comments, suggestions?

#240909 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by Banshee on 08 July 2009 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Nice, very aesthetically pleasing. One thing I'm not clear of, though. Is there a check valve between the 2k tank and the titan tank? You didn't mention one. So does shooting the 3k tank also drain the titan tank? What was the purpose of the 3k tank then?

There is no check valve, the idea was to have a second shot firing almost as far as the titan itself but no having to reload seeing as it could take as long as 40 seconds including pumping. A check valve is a good idea though, it would make it more versatile, I'll look into getting one, thanks!

#165779 Ls Dtb Integration Frame Guide

Posted by Banshee on 01 August 2008 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

But there is a way to make them read the Code of Conduct in some sort of terms and agreement that they have to agree to when becoming a member. People should have the right to necro, but it should be at their own expense. We have to be able to say "we told you so" when we kick them out. Right now, there isn't anything forcing people to read the CoC.

#165899 Ls Dtb Integration Frame Guide

Posted by Banshee on 01 August 2008 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

I believe we are giving Necros far more attention than they deseve.

I think we're giving them more slack than they deserve.

#165698 Ls Dtb Integration Frame Guide

Posted by Banshee on 31 July 2008 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

You necroing Haven noob. Read the code of conduct. Jesus! Can't someone make it mandatory to read it before they get to become a member? And like, have a quiz on it!? I'm sick and tired of these damn revived topics!!!

#184541 Should I Single My Sm3k?

Posted by Banshee on 19 October 2008 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

Taking away seven barrels to make one good one is a waste. Put on some barrels that don't suck (ie, not crayolas) and you should get better ranges.

To each his own. I'm a good shot, so a gun with rapid fire isn't as necessary to me as one with accuracy and range. I know that I couldn't get anything higher than 60 feet out of that gun without singling it, and I can reload and fire my nightfinder that shoots farther and more accurate faster than I can repump the SM3K. So in practicality, a nightfinder is more useful to me than the turreted SM3K.

#184524 Should I Single My Sm3k?

Posted by Banshee on 19 October 2008 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

The other day, TimmyTown reminded me that I got a jacked up SuperMaxx 3000 lying around somewhere. Its in perfect working condition, I crayola barreled it a while back and it shoots really straight, really quite and has a range of about 40-50 feet. Thats not too bad, but I'd never use it in a war and the paint job on it is royally screwed. The shell makes all kinds of cracking noises when I push it. And to be honest with you, I'd rather use a Maverick in a battle.

I thought about singling it because I can't say I've ever seen a singled SM3K, but there's probably a good reason for that. I'm slightly hesitant to do it because its a collectors toy, yet its in horrible cosmetic shape. The internals are so simple it'd be VERY easy to integrate into another gun, but I wont do it if it wont shoot much better singled. Does anyone have experience with a singled SM3K? Should I single it and integrate it, should I just leave it alone, or should I repaint it with original colors and hold onto it until it's worth more than 5 dollars on eBay?

P.S. Don't get all pissy because I asked a question instead of trying it myself. I'm asking a question to save myself the waste of a gun.

#161048 At2k, Why!

Posted by Banshee on 30 June 2008 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Sometimes, when I have no barrel material that works right, I role up a sheet of printer paper perfectly fit for my dart. Then I duct tape it all the way down and glue it on. We all know something as simple and fragile as this could only last a week at most. I use this as test material because when you cut up $6 worth of brass to find it doesn't work right, it kind of pisses you off. I do this to a lot of my guns before I put the real barrels on. The ranges are great, The barrel is relatively durable (as far as paper goes), and to this day I still have a quad barreled AT2K with paper barrels that I made last summer. And it shoots 90' level and 120' angled with streamline darts.

My point here is, if you're unsure about if your barrel works or will work, use a simple piece of paper to test it with. Now once you've done this, you can figure out, "is my barrel to tight? too loose?" "Oh no, it's too long!" Well guess what? Its paper, just cut it!

-Banshee

#184526 Should I Single My Sm3k?

Posted by Banshee on 19 October 2008 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

So you mean something like this(except the stock) ?

If you do are you using cyraola barrels? If so I wouldn't personally but maybe try cpvc or pvc. It's really cheap at you're local hardware store.

No? Thats an Airtech 3000... I'm talking about this: http://denoffoam.tri...ctures/sm3k.jpg

#184530 Should I Single My Sm3k?

Posted by Banshee on 19 October 2008 - 04:55 PM in Modifications

So you want me to hold off and see if your mod is worth trying before I do something drastic? Okay, but you'd better hurry up, because I'm bored. Haha.

#184551 Should I Single My Sm3k?

Posted by Banshee on 19 October 2008 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

I'm a good shot, so a gun with rapid fire isn't as necessary to me as one with accuracy and range.

It never hurts to have all three.

I know that I couldn't get anything higher than 60 feet out of that gun without singling it

Use better darts.

I can reload and fire my nightfinder that shoots farther and more accurate faster than I can repump the SM3K. So in practicality, a nightfinder is more useful to me than the turreted SM3K.

I don't believe you, but if you already have a faster gun that outranges the SM3k with better accuracy why are you keeping the SM3k at all? Sell it, buy a Big Blast and you're set. I'd think you could get $15 out of it and Big Blasts are $10 new so you'd be making a small profit and getting a gun out of it that's better suited to your needs.

If you're intent on modding the SM3k I still think you should keep the barrels; if nothing else it could be a loaner in case someone needs a gun to use or a fun gun to use with stock ammo like Splitlip said.

You don't believe I can pull a dart out of a nightfinder ammo holder, stick it in the barrel, cock it and shoot it faster than I can pump a SM3K 4 times? I don't see how thats hard to believe, I'm sure a lot of people could do that. Four years ago, all I had for a good 6 moths was a nightfinder, I got pretty good at loading it fast, but most people should be able to do it. Anyways, I started this topic to see if anyone has ever tried singling a SM3K. So far, it seems like everyone is guessing with what they think will happen.

And I wouldn't use the SM3K as a primary, there's no way it'd have the range. I'd integrate it into something else for an extra shot because the SM3K is useless to me in a war. But I can't integrate it and the turret assemble into anything without getting a very awkward turnout...

#184557 Should I Single My Sm3k?

Posted by Banshee on 19 October 2008 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

Not that I saw.