An AT2K problem.

30 replies to this topic

#1 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

So as some of you know ILNO is coming soon(I'm hosting it)
http://nerfhaven.com...opic=12124&st=0

And I plan on using my AT2K. So I did a CPVC barrel replacement and was happy. It's now a singled AT2K. I've heard people say they have gotten 70-80 with a singled AT2K, so I couldn't wait to go outside and try mine out. Boy does it suck. It shoots 35-40". I don't know what I did wrong. My gun has all its parts intact and where they are supposed to be and there is no air leak. So I don't get what the problem is! Help is gladly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Edited by Noodleownz, 14 March 2010 - 01:36 AM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#2 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

Is it plugged? Are you using stefans? How long is your barrel? I usually get about 70 ft with mine.

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

You'll have to give us more information if we're to help.

Are you using stock darts or Stefans?
How long is the barrel?
If you're using Stefans are they very tight in the barrel or a nice fit?
If you're using Stefans what are they weighted with? How long are they? Are they decently made or shitty?
SexD Warves

#4 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

I hope you didn't make the same mistake as you did with your big blast... CPVC = stefans. PVC = stock darts.

#5 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

Unless it's plugged, it's not going to give amazing an performance. If you plug it, make sure you try not to pump more than 6 times. You'll feel when the air chamber is full. I over-pumped, and ruptured my goo tube. There are other factors to why your ranges are off. Perhaps the CPVC is too tight for your stefans?

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#6 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

You'll have to give us more information if we're to help.

Are you using stock darts or Stefans?
How long is the barrel?
If you're using Stefans are they very tight in the barrel or a nice fit?
If you're using Stefans what are they weighted with? How long are they? Are they decently made or shitty?

Stock Darts
7 in. or so.
Tight
I want Stefans badly. I just need a hot glue gun.

oodalumps: I've never seen people use PVC with an AT2k.

I am using CPVC.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

I am using CPVC.

Barrel material isn't as dependent on the gun as its fit on your darts. You could use anything with a 2k as long as it fits your ammo well.

7" is too long for stock darts because they're not going down into the barrel anyway. Unless you're using streamlines the only part of the darts that's in the barrel is the 3" of foam so you should either switch to Stefans or switch over to a crayola and PVC setup because that will allow the foam to be snug in the crayola and the tip of the dart to be snug in the PVC. If you do that and plug the pump it should get about 60-70' and be very accurate.
SexD Warves

#8 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

If you're using stock darts, then you want PVC. Do a Crayola mod, and then slide the PVC over it. The dart will be held in place by the fins of the marker barrel, so you can run. Th eonly problem is that you can get enough pressure that you'll rupture stock darts. Sticking some drinking straw in them can help.

Or, go to a dollar store and buy a low-melt glue gun so you can make stefans. At worst, you can get a cheap one from a craft store for $2.

Edit: Yeah, what NM said.

Edited by Carbon, 30 June 2008 - 07:04 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#9 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

Stock Darts
7 in. or so.
Tight

I am using CPVC.

Didn't you learn a thing from your problem with the Big Blast? Or did you completely ignore what everybody said in that thread? Be glad people are repeating themselves for you, and this time you better read and remember what they say.

#10 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

Stock Darts
7 in. or so.
Tight

I am using CPVC.

Didn't you learn a thing from your problem with the Big Blast? Or did you completely ignore what everybody said in that thread? Be glad people are repeating themselves for you, and this time you better read and remember what they say.

I remembered. It's just that I didn't see many people, if any put pvc in their at2k. I guess I should cut up some of my at2k to fit the pvc?
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#11 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:13 PM

Sometimes, when I have no barrel material that works right, I role up a sheet of printer paper perfectly fit for my dart. Then I duct tape it all the way down and glue it on. We all know something as simple and fragile as this could only last a week at most. I use this as test material because when you cut up $6 worth of brass to find it doesn't work right, it kind of pisses you off. I do this to a lot of my guns before I put the real barrels on. The ranges are great, The barrel is relatively durable (as far as paper goes), and to this day I still have a quad barreled AT2K with paper barrels that I made last summer. And it shoots 90' level and 120' angled with streamline darts.

My point here is, if you're unsure about if your barrel works or will work, use a simple piece of paper to test it with. Now once you've done this, you can figure out, "is my barrel to tight? too loose?" "Oh no, it's too long!" Well guess what? Its paper, just cut it!

-Banshee
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#12 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

Sometimes, when I have no barrel material that works right, I role up a sheet of printer paper perfectly fit for my dart. Then I duct tape it all the way down and glue it on. We all know something as simple and fragile as this could only last a week at most. I use this as test material because when you cut up $6 worth of brass to find it doesn't work right, it kind of pisses you off. I do this to a lot of my guns before I put the real barrels on. The ranges are great, The barrel is relatively durable (as far as paper goes), and to this day I still have a quad barreled AT2K with paper barrels that I made last summer. And it shoots 90' level and 120' angled with streamline darts.

My point here is, if you're unsure about if your barrel works or will work, use a simple piece of paper to test it with. Now once you've done this, you can figure out, "is my barrel to tight? too loose?" "Oh no, it's too long!" Well guess what? Its paper, just cut it!

-Banshee

I might try this :) . Well I added a 7' piece of PVC to it and it shoots... 20 feet! It still sucks. What should I do?
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#13 foo fighter

foo fighter

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Did you plug the OPV? And if you just put PVC over the CPVC, you messed up again.

Take off the CPVC and Glue on PVC, then push your dart to the bottom of the barrel. That should get you some range.

I think people have already told you what I just repeated...
Gone 8th, 9th, and 10th. Any PMs about DT3 Arrow Shooter Spring I recieve while away will be dealt with when I get back.

#14 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

Did you plug the OPV? And if you just put PVC over the CPVC, you messed up again.

Take off the CPVC and Glue on PVC, then push your dart to the bottom of the barrel. That should get you some range.

I think people have already told you what I just repeated...

No, I completly took off the cpvc and put on pvc. Yet I'm only getting 20" with pvc.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#15 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Your gun is totally messed up then.

#16 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

I might try this :lol: . Well I added a 7' piece of PVC to it and it shoots... 20 feet! It still sucks. What should I do?

7 feet is way too long for any barrel man.
Teehee.

#17 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

You haven't answered the question yet, did you plug your overrelease valve? If you didn't do so if you want your desired ranges.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#18 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

Plug the pump, pump it four times, and use a 12" not-too-tight-fitting barrel. I use it and get about 90' consistently.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#19 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:14 AM

I did plug the OPV valve.

Ok, Longshot Wielder just said that he would mod my at2k for 10 dollars + shipping. Is he legit? Should I do this? :cry:
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#20 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

Ok, Longshot Wielder just said that he would mod my at2k for 10 dollars + shipping. Is he legit? Should I do this? :cry:

No. Why would you send it to him to "mod" what you have already done. you just have to figure out your barrel situation. I doubt he is going to do much for you there. (I wouldn't trust him to mod my gun. Or anyone that spends half their time here spamming us with WTB Xbow threads. If I were to pass off a mod to someone else I would make sure they had shown that they actually have exp and know what they are doing.)
Figure out how to make stefans and load them as far down the barrel as you can get them. That will make the most difference in your ranges. if you are just loading the darts to the front of the barrel they get launched out before making use of all the air being put thru the barrel. Thats why you are getting shitty ranges. What you need is someone to make you a decent barrel. I can make you one that will front load stock micros (ok range) And rear load stefans (GREAT ranges). It is 9/16th in thinwall nested in PVC.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 02 July 2008 - 12:34 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#21 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

Don't do that...He doesn't seem a like a top of the line modder. I searched his name in the modification's section and he's only made one thread,this one which ended getting closed due to him just copying other's work in all of it. I haven't seen any of his gun's other than one in the modifications/paintjobs topic and it was just a nitefinder.

If you can't make stefans or find any good FBR anywhere, just make conveted stefans. All you need is a stock dart, and some bb's or a 3/0 fishing weight. Then use 17/32 brass and your problem is solved.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#22 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

-Banshee

I might try this :rolleyes: . Well I added a 7' piece of PVC to it and it shoots... 20 feet! It still sucks. What should I do?

Are you still putting the dart in the front of the barrel? Make sure it goes to the back of the barrel when you load it.

#23 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

-Banshee

I might try this :) . Well I added a 7' piece of PVC to it and it shoots... 20 feet! It still sucks. What should I do?

Are you still putting the dart in the front of the barrel? Make sure it goes to the back of the barrel when you load it.

The micro dart goes all the way down the barrel.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#24 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

Ok I didn't have my own camera I've modded a bigblast and just ask Ryan, cmdrmac , ice if i did my part of the deal when we did buisness and I'll give noodle a refund if it doest shoot any better.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 03 July 2008 - 02:33 PM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#25 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

Ok I didn't have my own camera I've modded a bigblast and just ask Ryan, cmdrmac , ice if i did my part of the deal when we did buisness and I'll give noodle a refund if it doest shoot any better.

Don't trust him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users