Many of my projects occur inadvertently when I am getting things for my major creations. I hate waste, and with some parts from a hornet I needed the valve from (Another hint ) I got to thinking exactly how small I could make a blaster, while still maintaining power.
So, I took the smallest shell I could find, and stuffed a full air tank system in it complete with pump and trigger (duh...).
Please note, this blaster is by no means supposed to be practical. It is still pretty funny to pull out an eliminator and hit my friend with his BBBB from 80 feet away
Pretty pictures start now!
At first glance it looks like I had some sort of a brain hemorrhage and stuck a ridiculously long barrel on an eliminator. Besides that... it looks fairly stock.
At second and third glance... It still looks like a ridiculous faux barrel on a rather underpowered little toy.
What's special however, is what's under the hood.
Although not as clean as some of the amazing work on this site, it's all packed pretty tightly. A hornet tank and valve, as well as a cut down pump that is of the same dimensions as a hornet pump, just about 1/3 as long (this is my standard pump as will be seen in my next few topics, taken from a very cheap water pistol costing the equivalent of $3 a piece. The pump is essentially a "decrapified" hornet pump. it is of the same diameter, delivering the same volume of air, but the lack of an OPRV, and overly long pump means it is about half the length).
Unlike my projects so far, and projects to come, there is not much to describe about this blaster besides its inherent ridiculousness. It's only interesting feature (in terms of construction) is the trigger setup.
It utilizes a ramp on the old trigger, lengthened with a strip of acrylic to engage the push button valve of the hornet tank.
For those actually attempting the mod (which is quite easy to do, but again, not very practical) butcher both halves of you're shell like so (except yours will be nicer. My continued lack of a dremel meant that I had to use pliers and a hacksaw for the entire process):
Then, just epoxy the tubes from the pump and tank into the hornet valve. The rest is really just trial and error, but once done this blaster feels incredibly sturdy. The trigger has a short and very consistent pull and requiring little force while the barrel, glued directly to the tank is incredibly sturdy and well supported. In my case I used some some acrylic tube which my barreling slides into as a smoother coupler:
A cool thing about this is that it also accepts Mega's without my normal barrel in it:
To make room for this simply sand out the original barrel support like so (this is part of what gives the blaster its structural integrity).
Edited by Boot, 11 January 2011 - 07:19 AM.