cheyner's Content

There have been 215 items by cheyner (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#277462 Talos

Posted by cheyner on 11 June 2010 - 05:53 PM in Modifications

Is the stock plunger small/bad so you went with integrations galore? Nice job.

It didnt have a plunger setup. It was origianally a laser tag gun.

Then what is the plunger rod and barrel for? And why is there a rocket?

He was half right, It is a lazer tag gun, with an AIR TANK on the bottom to fire the rocket. That is a pump handle, not a plunger rod. It even says in the video that he replaced the stock air tank with a Titan air tank

Words cannot describe the work you did on that blaster Angel. I look forward to trying to dodge this on the 26th.

#282997 Super Soaker Iron Man Overhaul

Posted by cheyner on 13 August 2010 - 01:29 AM in Modifications

Would this work on the Tru off-brand (possibly Buzz-Bee) version?
They are currently on clearance in my area for $7
Great mod, I am sure I will be refrencing this in the future.

#314422 stefan stampede clip

Posted by cheyner on 15 April 2012 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

I'm a bit lost on this one, is the brass glued into the clip? How does it become stock compatible if so? If not, what is holding it there?

Other then that this is pretty well done, definitely a fan of not having to deal with the tabs on the clip.

Edit: That just makes this so much better, thanks for the clarification.

#309100 Stefan Directory?

Posted by cheyner on 04 January 2012 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

Thank you snakerbot, that page was pretty much what I was hoping for. Somebody is getting shot with a webby this year, that's for sure.

#309086 Stefan Directory?

Posted by cheyner on 03 January 2012 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

That is some good reading you linked to there Langley.

Reading those old post made me want more, I already rock megas every now and then, is there any write-ups on making these "ghost" darts I have heard of?
I know they are craft foam over FBR, I am more wondering if there is any tips on making them.

#324195 Splitfire Breech Guide

Posted by cheyner on 06 December 2012 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

I love how clean that looks, cannot wait to see what it looks like after you paint the barrels and whatnot.

Still the same name as top left corner of this post.

#315738 Southern NH Nerf War

Posted by cheyner on 15 May 2012 - 12:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I second what Beaver is saying, the last Massacre had a entry fee of $40, and there was still around 30 people. We have also started handing out badges at some wars, which require a entry fee to cover the costs of.

#321076 Sourthern Alberta Wars

Posted by cheyner on 27 August 2012 - 12:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty sure I figured out what name you are using, either that or somebody has ripped-off your deploy mod. PM me your name just so I know it is you and I will see what I can do.

#321046 Sourthern Alberta Wars

Posted by cheyner on 26 August 2012 - 11:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Try CanadianNerfers.ca, most of the recent members are from out west.

#276351 Sm3k Help

Posted by cheyner on 29 May 2010 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

The hole is in the end of the pump that attaches to the pump handle, so it is not effecting pump efficiency.

Thank you, one down.

Ok, still, not a vaccume issue. The leak was the same with the original o-ring, with the new one it just happens faster, this is what is leading me to belive that the OPRV has weakened over time.
I know that if water got in there it could have rusted a bit and that would have weakened it a bit.
I am going to rip apart my green Sm3k and try the pump shaft from that.

#276305 Sm3k Help

Posted by cheyner on 28 May 2010 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

So, I'm almost done my Sm3k and I'm down to one problem. Either my pump is leaking because they didnt put enough plastic on it, the OPRV is out of whack, or I am actually filling the tank on one pump. Does any of this make sence to anybody?
Posted Image
Should I plug this hole?
Or should I plug my OPRV?
I replaced the o-ring with a new one, does this grant me magical one-pump powers? Is somebody going to sig what I just wrote?
It's a yellow Sm3k, and I have never fired a working Sm3k to compare the air-output to.
Help? Suggestions?

#276476 Sm3k Help

Posted by cheyner on 31 May 2010 - 08:25 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the help everybody, I plugged the pump and called it a day.

#276313 Sm3k Help

Posted by cheyner on 28 May 2010 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

If there was a vaccume effect, I would not be able to pump it more than once without quite some effort. I can hear the air rushing into the pump tube as I pull the pump shaft out.
This testing is all being done with the internals in my hand, when I plug the hole in my picture with my finger it becomes pretty hard to pump in, but easy to pull back out.
The problem is the air coming out of the pump shaft, is this the OPRV kicking in? There is a half decent pop when I pull the pin on the tank, but I have never used a Sm3k before so I have no idea if this is normal.
Is it possible that I am indeed filling the tank with one full pump?
Or, because it is a old ass yellow Sm3k, could the OPRV have weakened?
Should I just plug the OPRV, or apparently for future refrence, the pump shaft?

#326264 Singled Nerf Rough Cut

Posted by cheyner on 03 February 2013 - 12:55 AM in Modifications

I like that you took the blasters name literally when making your minimization.

#291122 Should I Be Worried?

Posted by cheyner on 18 December 2010 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

I wouldn't be worried it probably just had a rough shipment, if the gun works i think it should be fine.

Must have been quite the bumpy ride, enough to unwrap a dart and load it into the gun even.

You should just take it back. It might work fine now, but why did the last person return it?
Unless you like paying full price for something that is used.

#294886 Serious Arrowstorm Improvements

Posted by cheyner on 22 February 2011 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

This mod is definintly going on my to-do list.
Are you going to replace the spring or anything along those lines?

#312270 Screaming Salvo

Posted by cheyner on 02 March 2012 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

Thanks, yes it does still transform, I would not have followed through with the mod otherwise, the first pic was taken after the mod was done.

#312164 Screaming Salvo

Posted by cheyner on 29 February 2012 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

This is my entry in the Canadian Mod Contest, posted here to share the love.
When first tasked with creating a new mod I went to my cave and started digging in bins. I was quickly distracted by my stock Starscream Blaster, shoots darts, transforms, and most importantly, it's a jet.
The next night I decided to take full advantage of those features, but I decided to give it enough power to justify running around with it at a war.
Enter parts list:
1 Big salvo tank
1 Sm3000 pump
1 Tubing T
1 Hornet Blast button
1 45 degree CPVC coupler
3 .75 to .50 PVC reduction couplers
Tiny bit of CPVC
Some 1" and .50" PVC
Random lengths of random sizes of tubing
Materials for a breech, and enough .50" PVC to cover it (if not already used in the breech)

Start with this:
Posted Image

Quickly open it up before you get distracted, giving you this:
Posted Image
I got started before taking that picture.
Posted Image

I had problems with the orange caps, large amounts of glue and weak plastic worked against me here, and I could not get them off, to make later stages easier, and to get an overall cleaner look, try and get them off before opening. I ended up completely cutting them off with a knife later.

Gut the internals, and dremel away at the inside's until you roughly have this:
Posted Image
The top is a whole new ball game that I will get to later.

Cut down the stock trigger piece thing to this:
Posted Image
I though I had a picture of it stock, I thought wrong.

Next you are going to want to attach your internals so you can get a feel for where things are going (or do it before, whatever):
Posted Image

Now make your breech, there are many types to choose from, and I leave that part to you. The one I use I received in a trade, and as such I do not have picture of its construction. You don't even need to use a breech for this mod, but I feel it fit the look I was going for.

Attach the breech to the 45 degree coupler, and shove some CPVC in the other end. The length of the CPVC will depend on how deep you get the Salvo tank into the shell, for me it was .75". Dab some super glue on the CPVC and place it in/onto the Salvo tank, you should have some wiggle room. Work fast to get the barrel and tank situated before the glue dries.
Posted Image
Chop down some 1" PVC into 2 pieces .75" and 2 pieces 1" or so. Dremel out 2 of the reducers so there is no ridge on the end and cut one in half. Stick the 2 full length couplers into the 1" lengths of PVC, and the now 2 half couplers into the .75" lengths. Slide the .75" sections on the breech and pump tube respectively.
Use your glue of choice to secure everything in the shell now, I used hot glue.
Cut about .50" of .50" PVC and slide it onto the end of the pump shaft, stick the 1" PVC section with the unmodified coupler in it over this. The other section goes over your barrel, wrap both in packing tape until they fit snug in the orange caps, add glue if needed.
Posted Image

Now for the top half of the shell, cut a hole for your breech opening in the fake barrel and cut a hole to make clearance for the Salvo tank. Go slow to make sure the fit is tight as possible.
Posted Image

Once you have everything fitting how you like, reassemble and start practicing your jet noises.
Posted Image

2 cameras died in the making of this writeup, leading to blurry photos shot with a video camera.

I could have used 2 tanks, but then it would have left me no room for the pump. I also could have placed the Salvo tank completely in the fake barrel, there is room, but it would have left me with barrel sticking out, ruining the look I was going for.

Ranges when the sun comes back, and the wind goes away.

#312904 Rochester Area Nerf War?

Posted by cheyner on 15 March 2012 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Depending on what way you want to go around the lake, I will be hosting one in Kingston sometime in June. You can take a ferry across the border at Cape Vincent if you go this way, makes the drive that much more enjoyable, also there is practically no wait to cross the border.

#311618 Region Specific Rules question

Posted by cheyner on 22 February 2012 - 01:23 AM in General Nerf

Aerodynamics do come into play, but weight also plays a big part in the range increase. A 1/4 inch slingshot weight is considerably heavier then the washer used for slugs.

#294088 Rearloading Firefly

Posted by cheyner on 07 February 2011 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

That is awesome BuffDaddy, I might have to rip into my other one now when I get some time.
Keep up the fantastic work.
This would be pretty decent for Scano's as well, or any other war centred around portables.

#311875 Rayven Flywheel Switch

Posted by cheyner on 26 February 2012 - 02:48 AM in Modifications

Sounds like what a lot of people do to their Barricades. If you place the switch close enough to the trigger it shouldn't give you many problems, by close enough I mean like a hair trigger.

#272489 Question About Rscb Clip

Posted by cheyner on 17 April 2010 - 03:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

If you can't find thinwall pvc try 3/4 cpvc. I use it for my mega (5/8) clips.

#311197 Question about AT3K Manual Rotation

Posted by cheyner on 14 February 2012 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Just rotate it as close to the shell as you can and hot glue the shit out of it.

#317809 Pulley system Bullpup style surgical tubing powered blaster

Posted by cheyner on 01 July 2012 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

Note that I am not sure if this will work with US materials like CPVC. My go to barrel material is the metric electrical PVC that they sell here which is much thinner, softer, and easier to bend than the CPVC that I have seen.

From this I think he is literally just bending it and it is holding its shape. Once bent and then mounted how he has, it has no room to return to its original shape. Us North Americans could probably do something like this using PEX, as it is the closest thing I can think of that is readily available, yet flexible. Stubs of PVC on the ends would give more reliable results then using just the PEX in couplers.

#323191 pSyk's "Auto-Loading" Rampage 3k + Vid

Posted by cheyner on 29 October 2012 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

You never cease to amaze pSyk.
I love the use of the lever trigger, I'm sure there is a very proud Kitty somewhere.

#318193 Prototype WHIP-S2

Posted by cheyner on 08 July 2012 - 08:47 PM in Homemades

Is the other gun a wooden pumpbow? How thick are the side plates? What are the side plates made of? I would love to see a writeup of how to build a wooden pumpbow.

It looks like he used 1/4" MDF, in which case you would not want to get it wet at all. 3/8" plywood would probably work, but again you run into problems with moisture when using plywood. I'm sure the edges could be treated with something though to keep the layers from separating if they get too wet. You would have to get the plywood pretty soaked though before that would happen, MDF on the other hand will swell up pretty fast if it gets wet.

#323281 problem with vortex blasters dropping mags?

Posted by cheyner on 02 November 2012 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

Its worth doing, but not a true solve to the issue, it goes deeper then that. My Praxis will drop the heavier 40 round mag as soon as you prime it, but again on the trigger pull, so I guess it is at least a half fix to the problem.

I don't usually watch his videos, and had to laugh at 6:36 or so when he said "as you can see" and it was horribly out of focus.

#323279 problem with vortex blasters dropping mags?

Posted by cheyner on 02 November 2012 - 12:26 PM in Modifications

Sometimes the pieces of plastic for the trigger (at least the piece attached to the trigger) and the clip release are both on the upper end of the tolerance scale. When that happens, the trigger can rub against it and engage the clip release.

Look up Cheyner's Max Spring Replacement Praxis, there's pictures in there showing that particular issue.

This will work on the Praxis, but I have discovered it still needs a spring added to use the 40 disc mag on it, it drops as soon as I prime my Praxis.
I have had no problems with my Pyragon, but I have not used it as much as my Praxis yet.

#283358 Predator Magnum, + 2k And Sspb

Posted by cheyner on 17 August 2010 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

Sweet jesus!, between this and your stopcock, I will not be rushing you anytime soon good sir.
Is the SSPB akward to use at all?
But yeah, how is the Magnum compared to the many variations of the Pistol Splat?

#304846 Praxis Max Power Spring Relocation

Posted by cheyner on 19 September 2011 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

I just went and fired off a clip to make sure, but it does not seem to effect accuracy. All disks hit my core from across my apartment in a decent grouping. Outside is another question altogether though, if its not raining when I get done work tomorrow I will try and test outside, or Thursday, probably Thursday.
I found out Saturday that the Nitron is basically useless while running, hopefully I will now be able to use this Praxis outside.

#304855 Praxis Max Power Spring Relocation

Posted by cheyner on 20 September 2011 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

Something awesome about the way this whole series works - you get mechanical advantage on priming; as opposed to standard spring blasters, where you need to actually compress the spring.

Did you make sure to get that post put back in place it with the shell on? I'd be worried about that post ripping out if you didn't have it connected on the other side of the shell. Having the screw go through it should make it plenty sturdy if you did get it lined up though.

Agreed, and yes, I did get the post to line up with the other side, I just had to squeeze that section of the other half of the shell and it popped into place.

#304842 Praxis Max Power Spring Relocation

Posted by cheyner on 19 September 2011 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Right away, I would like to thank Rogue and One Wing Angel, with a shout out to Buffdaddy.
I suggest reading BuffDaddys Praxis thread to see how to take this apart right, I started taking pictures after starting the mod.

You are going to need:
-Praxis
-Philips head screwdriver
-Needle nose pliers
-Optional foam block to keep screws organized (There is alot, of varying sizes, do something to keep them straight)

First off, open the Praxis:
Posted Image
(pay no attention to the spring arm locations, I did not take a pic before starting)

Next, take out the internals and remove these 2 screws:
Posted Image

You can now remove the arm/spring pod dealy:
Posted Image

Open it up by removing the one screw:
Posted Image

You can now pull out the bumper and its rod, after which gently lift the arm up over the post to remove tension from it:
Posted Image

Pull out the rod the arm rotates on, then you can turn the arm so the spring arm can be removed:
Posted Image

Put the arm back on, but with the spring arm behind it, instead of in the hole, then put back the rod and gently pull the arm back over the post:
Posted Image
(Credit goes to One Wing Angel for this idea.)

Now for some shell work to make the other spring relocation possible. First off, rough up the shell around the post we will eventually putting the other spring arm on:
Posted Image

You are going to want alot of epoxy putty for this one, not Octo-Shot amounts, but decent none the less.
Make sure not to go above the notch in the one post for the spring/arm pod dealy:
Posted Image
Also make sure to get some around the back of that post. This looks like alot, but it is actually just enough to get the shell to close I found out.

Now, I am sure some of you have encountered a problem with your Praxis, where it will drop the clip randomly on you.
While waiting for the putty to dry, I noticed a stress mark on the trigger lever that seemed to be in an odd place:
Posted Image

How the hell did that happen?
Posted Image
Oh?
Posted Image
That's not good at all.

Just trim down that piece of plastic a tad, and the problem should be fixed:
Posted Image

Now, if you get distracted easily like I do, your putty should be dry by now like mine was. Without putting the top plate of the pod back on, put it back into the other internals. Put the plate back on that keeps the pod from sliding forward, but only put the 1 screw in, on the side with the pod half. Put the whole assembly back into the shell and put the screws back to hold it down.
I only have one poor picture to show what you should have now:
Posted Image
Told you it wasn't very good.

Now for the reason you put almost everything back before we were done, push the arm over enough so you can remove the screw holding the spring arm down. Now grab you needle nose pliers and pinch the spring arm and lift it over the stock nubs, and over the screw port nextish to the farthest forward one:
Posted Image
Feel the power?

Now put the other side back onto the pod and put the screw back in it. If you put enough epoxy putty your post will still be centered in that space, I did not use enough:
Posted Image

But it's late/I'm lazy, so I tried putting it back together anyhoo:
Posted Image
Success.

You barely notice the increase in tension while priming, and it definitely shoots hard.

#324249 PhotoBucket Issues.

Posted by cheyner on 08 December 2012 - 04:38 PM in Off Topic

You used the wrong link.
Your non-working link is for E-mail and IM, this site is neither of those things.
Its still the bottom one, like it has been for awhile now, or you could use the one literally right below the one that doesn't work, you just have to do the [IMG] stuff yourself.
I just posted a picture from PB to make sure, but have edited it out as it serves no purpose in this thread.

#284066 Orange Fbr

Posted by cheyner on 26 August 2010 - 10:45 PM in Darts and Barrels

Get white foam and paint it then.

#301164 Octo-shot turret

Posted by cheyner on 07 July 2011 - 11:00 PM in Modifications

I went through 2 priming bars myself, before I forcibly removed the turret with the screws still in the shell.

Your priming bar is either flexing downward ever so slightly, or you have the slightest knick in the tooth that is causing it to slide out at the last moment.

The gigantic amount of epoxy putty MakeItGo has at the front of the blaster is 100% necessary. I have tried his Octo-shot myself, and I still don't know how it works so well.

#297711 Octo-Shot

Posted by cheyner on 29 April 2011 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

This mod originated on Canadian Nerfers.

http://canadiannerfe...p?showtopic=582

Actually, if you would have even bothered to look at the date the video was posted on youtube, and then the date it was posted on Canadian Nerfers, you would understand why you are wrong.

I suggest starting this mod with a fresh LSG/Quad-Shot. I am now down a Octo-Shot and a LSG after a rage blackout.

#313698 Non-Nerf forsaken angel and friends footage

Posted by cheyner on 29 March 2012 - 02:23 PM in Off Topic

You can tell its old because it has pre-awol Crooked in it.

#274874 Nite Finder Cometic + Reanfocement And Extra Spring

Posted by cheyner on 15 May 2010 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

You know, I really am quite entertained by this post.

He talks about these nice cosmetics, and there's not even a picture of the damn gun.

A fucking gorilla could've made a better post.

Agreed, I also enjoy the paragraph long sentence.

#317258 Nining a Recon

Posted by cheyner on 20 June 2012 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

From experience Nine, you are going to have an easier time finding them at Rona or Canadian Tire, Lowe's and Home Depot are useless, at least in Ontario they are. Rona is where I have gotten all of my rubber washers in the past.