Rayven Flywheel Switch

Replacement?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Epic Pie

Epic Pie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

This is a question about using the Nightfinder's switch directly behind the trigger,and throwing it into a Rayven. Would it work so you if you re-wired it, you wouldn't have to press down the revving trigger, and just held down the firing trigger half-way, or does that move the dart-pusher forward some to? Also, would the Nightfinder's switch have enough contact area for this to work?

#2 Bulldozer

Bulldozer

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

I would say so, I dunno, but it just might work! Great idea! (though the rayven jammed 43 times during my last game)
I shall return. -Douglas MacAurthur.
We have no king but Jesus!!! -Revolutionary warr battle cry
All war is based on deception -Makarov

#3 ZoMbIe HuNtEr

ZoMbIe HuNtEr

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

I would say so, I dunno, but it just might work! Great idea! (though the rayven jammed 43 times during my last game)

Off topic for a sec: Your rayven jammed because when you went in to mod it (if you did) most likely your fly wheel system got off center with the dart pusher. We had a big problem solution discussion about this on the HVZ forums. Back on topic: It might work, but you have to be careful because most likely you will start to push your dart in while revving even if it doesn't take long to rev up. In addition, it may cause a jam in the flywheel chamber. Sounds like its a multi test project, but it is a good idea.
PHILIPPIANS 4:6
Check out my youtube channel for great reviews and modifications:
www.youtube.com/titanreceiver88
For even more detailed Nerf info, check out my blog
www.titanreceiver88.wordpress.com

#4 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Sounds like what a lot of people do to their Barricades. If you place the switch close enough to the trigger it shouldn't give you many problems, by close enough I mean like a hair trigger.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#5 magnum

magnum

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

attach an insulation support from the trigger to the rev trigger through the inside. BUT it may cause a dart to slightly go into the flywheel which is going to mes up your range. if you just want to keep everything running at once check drac's tutorial on youtube to make it rev on just a switch. Good Luck :)

#6 Darthrambo

Darthrambo

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

It's very doable, jut make sure the circuit is completed before the dart is pushed to the wheels.

attach an insulation support from the trigger to the rev trigger through the inside. BUT it may cause a dart to slightly go into the flywheel which is going to mes up your range. if you just want to keep everything running at once check drac's tutorial on youtube to make it rev on just a switch. Good Luck :)

I don't recommend this at all. Drac does some fine mods but his rayven guide has 2 big issues.
The trigger lock he took out that prevents you from pushing darts unless the wheels are spinning also prevent you from pushing darts into dead flywheels which causes jams. On top of that there really is no benefit to being able to pull the trigger without the wheels running.

Installing an on/off switch and just having the motors run all the time is not a good idea, especially when using higher voltage. If I remember correctly the rayven does have a thermoresistor. This means that the longer you have the motors running the more resistance the thermistor will give as it heats up which will reduce range.

#7 magnum

magnum

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

don't recommend this at all. Drac does some fine mods but his rayven guide has 2 big issues.
The trigger lock he took out that prevents you from pushing darts unless the wheels are spinning also prevent you from pushing darts into dead flywheels which causes jams. On top of that there really is no benefit to being able to pull the trigger without the wheels running.

Installing an on/off switch and just having the motors run all the time is not a good idea, especially when using higher voltage. If I remember correctly the rayven does have a thermoresistor. This means that the longer you have the motors running the more resistance the thermistor will give as it heats up which will reduce range.

well i gues it was worth a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users