Why don't my pictures work?

3 replies to this topic

#1 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

EDIT: I found the problem. I don't know why but the new version wouldn't let me copy the right link, however I found in the top right corner of the page you can switch back to the original photo bucket and that works fine. I am on windows vista and my browser is Google chrome, not sure if that matters but just in case. Hope this helps if anyone else runs into this problem.

Ok, so I was really hesitant to post this, but since it's in off topic hopefully the worst thing is I make myself look like a total dumb ass.

So I just finished doing a write up for my new Mod but when I hit post I got a response "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." I was just using photo bucket the same as I have always done for my other posts, so i was a bit confused.

I took a closer look and found that photo bucket has changes a bit. and the url now starts with beta. So do photo bucket pictures now just not work with nerfhaven since the change to their site?

I looked back at my old posts and found the pictures still work. So I took a look at the links and found that they are pretty different.
Old working link: http://i1189.photobu...nt/IMG_0060.jpg

New Broken link: http://s1189.beta.ph...tml?sort=3&o=27

Now this is supposedly the same exact link. I did the same thing I always do to get the link which is right click on the picture and click copy link address. So why did photo bucket give me a new link when I did this now? And if there is a new link, why does the old one still work?

Again sorry if I'm coming off as stupid and this is a really simple thing that I'm just not getting, but I could use your help, so if you know whats going on or how to fix it please let me know.

Edited by NerfNoob10, 08 December 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#2 CigarBaby

CigarBaby

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • State:Tennessee

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Photobucket has been screwy with me too lately. I had been running Tiger on my Mac. Instead of your problem though, Photobucket just wouldn't let me log in. I then upgraded to Snow Leopard a couple days ago and everything works fine. Photobucket just must not be supporting the old versions anymore. What operating system are you currently running?

#3 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

You used the wrong link.
Your non-working link is for E-mail and IM, this site is neither of those things.
Its still the bottom one, like it has been for awhile now, or you could use the one literally right below the one that doesn't work, you just have to do the [IMG] stuff yourself.
I just posted a picture from PB to make sure, but have edited it out as it serves no purpose in this thread.

Edited by cheyner, 08 December 2012 - 04:44 PM.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#4 Naturalman7

Naturalman7

• Contributors
  • 158 posts
  • State:Idaho

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

A guide was semi-recently written to help people post pictures. I also find that clicking the "Insert image" button while posting and using the direct link that can be found just above where the img code is also works for posting pictures.

I, too, have found that photobucket has problems and since have switched back to the old photobucket. However, the problem I had was in photobucket not letting me copy the direct link. When I clicked on the direct link (or any of the other information in that panel) it wouldn't do anything. It also wouldn't let me click and drag to highlight and right-click copy them. For some reason, it has fixed it self since then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users