cheyner's Content

There have been 215 items by cheyner (Search limited from 15-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#309301 ERTL Pump Action Shotgun Reproduction

Posted by cheyner on 09 January 2012 - 01:53 AM in Homemades

I like it, and while the rod out the back might be an issue, the stock could be easily redone to cover it, or even just some creative cutting of some PVC. Basically, just turn it into a thumb-hole stock and your problems are solved.

A plus to the rod is that it would be easy to Macgyver it to pull back if a problem arises with the pump mechanism mid-war.

#293938 Bb Ultimate Berserker

Posted by cheyner on 05 February 2011 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

Mine only has the sticker on one side.
I assumed it was normal though, considering Buzz-Bee almost never puts stickers on the side of a blaster that you cant see in the package.
Unless everything I have from Buzz-Bee has a defect, I'm pretty sure stickers on both sides would have made some sort of a point to this thread.

#301305 Blast Valve/QFD imitation

Posted by cheyner on 10 July 2011 - 02:17 PM in Homemades

That's Awesome Buff, you are on a tear with these air tanks.

You and your creations were greatly missed yesterday at Vengeance 5.

#315656 Issue opening Longstrike

Posted by cheyner on 14 May 2012 - 12:39 AM in Modifications

I am unsure if you mean inside the shell is stuck, or along the outside. Having said that, cut through it with a hobby knife if its the outside, or a longer one if its inside the shell.

#307765 GNP for CNP Angel's 12th Contract.

Posted by cheyner on 24 November 2011 - 10:32 PM in Modifications

Nice work, does the pressure gauge mean that it is plugged?

#323281 problem with vortex blasters dropping mags?

Posted by cheyner on 02 November 2012 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

Its worth doing, but not a true solve to the issue, it goes deeper then that. My Praxis will drop the heavier 40 round mag as soon as you prime it, but again on the trigger pull, so I guess it is at least a half fix to the problem.

I don't usually watch his videos, and had to laugh at 6:36 or so when he said "as you can see" and it was horribly out of focus.

#323279 problem with vortex blasters dropping mags?

Posted by cheyner on 02 November 2012 - 12:26 PM in Modifications

Sometimes the pieces of plastic for the trigger (at least the piece attached to the trigger) and the clip release are both on the upper end of the tolerance scale. When that happens, the trigger can rub against it and engage the clip release.

Look up Cheyner's Max Spring Replacement Praxis, there's pictures in there showing that particular issue.

This will work on the Praxis, but I have discovered it still needs a spring added to use the 40 disc mag on it, it drops as soon as I prime my Praxis.
I have had no problems with my Pyragon, but I have not used it as much as my Praxis yet.

#304855 Praxis Max Power Spring Relocation

Posted by cheyner on 20 September 2011 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

Something awesome about the way this whole series works - you get mechanical advantage on priming; as opposed to standard spring blasters, where you need to actually compress the spring.

Did you make sure to get that post put back in place it with the shell on? I'd be worried about that post ripping out if you didn't have it connected on the other side of the shell. Having the screw go through it should make it plenty sturdy if you did get it lined up though.

Agreed, and yes, I did get the post to line up with the other side, I just had to squeeze that section of the other half of the shell and it popped into place.

#304846 Praxis Max Power Spring Relocation

Posted by cheyner on 19 September 2011 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

I just went and fired off a clip to make sure, but it does not seem to effect accuracy. All disks hit my core from across my apartment in a decent grouping. Outside is another question altogether though, if its not raining when I get done work tomorrow I will try and test outside, or Thursday, probably Thursday.
I found out Saturday that the Nitron is basically useless while running, hopefully I will now be able to use this Praxis outside.

#304842 Praxis Max Power Spring Relocation

Posted by cheyner on 19 September 2011 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Right away, I would like to thank Rogue and One Wing Angel, with a shout out to Buffdaddy.
I suggest reading BuffDaddys Praxis thread to see how to take this apart right, I started taking pictures after starting the mod.

You are going to need:
-Praxis
-Philips head screwdriver
-Needle nose pliers
-Optional foam block to keep screws organized (There is alot, of varying sizes, do something to keep them straight)

First off, open the Praxis:
Posted Image
(pay no attention to the spring arm locations, I did not take a pic before starting)

Next, take out the internals and remove these 2 screws:
Posted Image

You can now remove the arm/spring pod dealy:
Posted Image

Open it up by removing the one screw:
Posted Image

You can now pull out the bumper and its rod, after which gently lift the arm up over the post to remove tension from it:
Posted Image

Pull out the rod the arm rotates on, then you can turn the arm so the spring arm can be removed:
Posted Image

Put the arm back on, but with the spring arm behind it, instead of in the hole, then put back the rod and gently pull the arm back over the post:
Posted Image
(Credit goes to One Wing Angel for this idea.)

Now for some shell work to make the other spring relocation possible. First off, rough up the shell around the post we will eventually putting the other spring arm on:
Posted Image

You are going to want alot of epoxy putty for this one, not Octo-Shot amounts, but decent none the less.
Make sure not to go above the notch in the one post for the spring/arm pod dealy:
Posted Image
Also make sure to get some around the back of that post. This looks like alot, but it is actually just enough to get the shell to close I found out.

Now, I am sure some of you have encountered a problem with your Praxis, where it will drop the clip randomly on you.
While waiting for the putty to dry, I noticed a stress mark on the trigger lever that seemed to be in an odd place:
Posted Image

How the hell did that happen?
Posted Image
Oh?
Posted Image
That's not good at all.

Just trim down that piece of plastic a tad, and the problem should be fixed:
Posted Image

Now, if you get distracted easily like I do, your putty should be dry by now like mine was. Without putting the top plate of the pod back on, put it back into the other internals. Put the plate back on that keeps the pod from sliding forward, but only put the 1 screw in, on the side with the pod half. Put the whole assembly back into the shell and put the screws back to hold it down.
I only have one poor picture to show what you should have now:
Posted Image
Told you it wasn't very good.

Now for the reason you put almost everything back before we were done, push the arm over enough so you can remove the screw holding the spring arm down. Now grab you needle nose pliers and pinch the spring arm and lift it over the stock nubs, and over the screw port nextish to the farthest forward one:
Posted Image
Feel the power?

Now put the other side back onto the pod and put the screw back in it. If you put enough epoxy putty your post will still be centered in that space, I did not use enough:
Posted Image

But it's late/I'm lazy, so I tried putting it back together anyhoo:
Posted Image
Success.

You barely notice the increase in tension while priming, and it definitely shoots hard.

#293354 Clipped Barricade Now With Clip Lock/release

Posted by cheyner on 25 January 2011 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

I like it.
More people need to pull the fake barrel out, it looks awesome without it.

I saw a picture somewhere where somebody used the clip holder from a recon stock. It was crazy clean looking.

#277606 Litter Box Core

Posted by cheyner on 13 June 2010 - 03:52 PM in Homemades

Special Kitty saves the day again. I knew there was a reason I decided to hold onto a few containers. Now they are useful, and not just the by-product of a pack rat.

#276313 Sm3k Help

Posted by cheyner on 28 May 2010 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

If there was a vaccume effect, I would not be able to pump it more than once without quite some effort. I can hear the air rushing into the pump tube as I pull the pump shaft out.
This testing is all being done with the internals in my hand, when I plug the hole in my picture with my finger it becomes pretty hard to pump in, but easy to pull back out.
The problem is the air coming out of the pump shaft, is this the OPRV kicking in? There is a half decent pop when I pull the pin on the tank, but I have never used a Sm3k before so I have no idea if this is normal.
Is it possible that I am indeed filling the tank with one full pump?
Or, because it is a old ass yellow Sm3k, could the OPRV have weakened?
Should I just plug the OPRV, or apparently for future refrence, the pump shaft?

#276305 Sm3k Help

Posted by cheyner on 28 May 2010 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

So, I'm almost done my Sm3k and I'm down to one problem. Either my pump is leaking because they didnt put enough plastic on it, the OPRV is out of whack, or I am actually filling the tank on one pump. Does any of this make sence to anybody?
Posted Image
Should I plug this hole?
Or should I plug my OPRV?
I replaced the o-ring with a new one, does this grant me magical one-pump powers? Is somebody going to sig what I just wrote?
It's a yellow Sm3k, and I have never fired a working Sm3k to compare the air-output to.
Help? Suggestions?

#314422 stefan stampede clip

Posted by cheyner on 15 April 2012 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

I'm a bit lost on this one, is the brass glued into the clip? How does it become stock compatible if so? If not, what is holding it there?

Other then that this is pretty well done, definitely a fan of not having to deal with the tabs on the clip.

Edit: That just makes this so much better, thanks for the clarification.

#276351 Sm3k Help

Posted by cheyner on 29 May 2010 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

The hole is in the end of the pump that attaches to the pump handle, so it is not effecting pump efficiency.

Thank you, one down.

Ok, still, not a vaccume issue. The leak was the same with the original o-ring, with the new one it just happens faster, this is what is leading me to belive that the OPRV has weakened over time.
I know that if water got in there it could have rusted a bit and that would have weakened it a bit.
I am going to rip apart my green Sm3k and try the pump shaft from that.

#276476 Sm3k Help

Posted by cheyner on 31 May 2010 - 08:25 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the help everybody, I plugged the pump and called it a day.

#282997 Super Soaker Iron Man Overhaul

Posted by cheyner on 13 August 2010 - 01:29 AM in Modifications

Would this work on the Tru off-brand (possibly Buzz-Bee) version?
They are currently on clearance in my area for $7
Great mod, I am sure I will be refrencing this in the future.

#302518 The Giant Caulk

Posted by cheyner on 29 July 2011 - 09:32 PM in Homemades

Somebody has to say it, I love your giant caulk Buffdaddy.

I will have to dig through all the different caulk guns at work tomorrow to see if they will work.

#315738 Southern NH Nerf War

Posted by cheyner on 15 May 2012 - 12:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I second what Beaver is saying, the last Massacre had a entry fee of $40, and there was still around 30 people. We have also started handing out badges at some wars, which require a entry fee to cover the costs of.

#298725 My Hop'A'Long

Posted by cheyner on 26 May 2011 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

i went there today and it didnt fit my rona foam and it fit half way and got stuck so idk and canadian forum?

If you are using a springer, having to twist slightly isn't bad. If you are looking for an airgun fit, you might have to use brass if you can find it locally.

Or switch to mega's, using 5/8 foam and 1/2 pvc or 3/4 cpvc.

Click on the link in my sig to find the Canadian forum.

#288467 Commlink Walkie Talkie

Posted by cheyner on 15 November 2010 - 10:19 PM in General Nerf

If you want something pretty steep, but awesome as hell, put cell phones in them.
Upgrade to the max.

Whatever you plan on, I hope you have these ready for the badlands in the spring.

#298332 Very simple crossbow modification

Posted by cheyner on 20 May 2011 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

And if you have a tight enough dart fit, you can shoot a foot of brass at somebody.

#301164 Octo-shot turret

Posted by cheyner on 07 July 2011 - 11:00 PM in Modifications

I went through 2 priming bars myself, before I forcibly removed the turret with the screws still in the shell.

Your priming bar is either flexing downward ever so slightly, or you have the slightest knick in the tooth that is causing it to slide out at the last moment.

The gigantic amount of epoxy putty MakeItGo has at the front of the blaster is 100% necessary. I have tried his Octo-shot myself, and I still don't know how it works so well.

#272593 Turrets Info

Posted by cheyner on 18 April 2010 - 04:19 PM in Homemades

"Scouting" in this case means visiting regularly, over and over, for months and months.
I've been stopping by a certain Goodwill store (happens to be the one nearest to Blue's house) about twice a month for maybe two years, because it's on a route I need to travel anyway, and I find something interesting only once in a while.

Take this to heart, thrift shops such as Goodwill and Value Village (Canada) are goldmines. At least 75% of my blasters are second hand. They usually have an abundance of turrets in the form of Tek 6's. Some will even set aside nerf guns for you if you ask. I have a couple of guys doing that for me at Value Village and it has paid off. In the last month or 2 I have gotten a SM3K, a Big Salvo, 4 Big Blasts, a Magstrike, SM1500, and a Cyclone.

#273580 Nerf Product Safety Question

Posted by cheyner on 27 April 2010 - 10:47 PM in General Nerf

Really now? First of all, the gun is $180 and each shell is $60.

Why don't you buy yourself a ultimator or something...they're cheaper and you can still hit kiddies with big ass rockets. I assume that's what you want to do

I'm pretty sure he is planning on buying this for airsoft, as he states in his first post he is becoming more active in airsoft then nerf. And is wondering if he can get more use out of it by buying those foam slugs and then using it at a nerf war, if everybody was okay with it.

#273575 Nerf Product Safety Question

Posted by cheyner on 27 April 2010 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

It shows it in a Tan colour in one of the pics, which wouldnt be too bad.
As for the ammo, it depends, yes the one review said 20 ft range, but the "only" was refering to the 3 second fill. If that is as much as you can pressurize it, then I think it would be okay.

#311875 Rayven Flywheel Switch

Posted by cheyner on 26 February 2012 - 02:48 AM in Modifications

Sounds like what a lot of people do to their Barricades. If you place the switch close enough to the trigger it shouldn't give you many problems, by close enough I mean like a hair trigger.

#308037 A pair of Sonic Bazooka mods

Posted by cheyner on 04 December 2011 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

I like the coupler set up, but you really killed your ranges with those "smaller tubes".
Try it without the disks and smaller tubes, all you need is three barrels, and it's pretty easy to make sure your barrels do not go past that ridge.

But yeah, I like that coupler set up, should save a shit-ton of hot glue.

#269252 Ammo Question

Posted by cheyner on 15 March 2010 - 09:51 PM in Darts and Barrels

Your range would probably suck hard, but you could try and make it like a ball shooter. By this i mean, put a lip on the end of the barrel. You could then use the barrel as an inline clip. Instead of balls use your footballs.

#294552 Why Lock Threads In Off-topic?

Posted by cheyner on 15 February 2011 - 11:24 PM in Site Feedback

This is why: http://www.nerfhq.co...x.php?board=7.0

Well played sir.

This is called Nerf Haven for a reason, it is a haven from stupid shit.

#325440 Looking for Nerfers in Northern Virginia

Posted by cheyner on 18 January 2013 - 12:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Man, what kind of women do you know that you expect to find other people in their viginias?
Might want to proofread your title next time.

#321076 Sourthern Alberta Wars

Posted by cheyner on 27 August 2012 - 12:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty sure I figured out what name you are using, either that or somebody has ripped-off your deploy mod. PM me your name just so I know it is you and I will see what I can do.

#323532 Death By Foam

Posted by cheyner on 13 November 2012 - 04:06 PM in Site Feedback

All of them are still on here, look, you will find them. If not, then I guess it was never meant to be.

#283330 Nerf Stopcock

Posted by cheyner on 17 August 2010 - 12:15 PM in Homemades

I knew I should have started to work on this when you first mentioned it. Great work BuffDaddy, you have been on a roll this summer.

#285706 Cobra Drain Blaster Pump Replacement

Posted by cheyner on 18 September 2010 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

I like the pump replacement, I almost had to do one myself. I found my Pango at a Value Village, the pump was not actually pumping. I took it apart, left it for a month or so, and it magically worked when I put it back together.

HELLA BAM! My personal configuration with 6-barrel attachment. Really though it’s just for show just for this pic, I have yet to figger out a reasonable use other than the obvious 6-shot burst (which is actually quite effective).

Clearly, you have not fired a Titan missle with one of these. On my Pango, they hit just short of 100', arrows are also pretty entertaining to shoot as well. I find a barrel selector with a shot gun attatchment, and a Titan missle or 2 arrows is very effective.

#321046 Sourthern Alberta Wars

Posted by cheyner on 26 August 2012 - 11:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Try CanadianNerfers.ca, most of the recent members are from out west.

#316891 CPVC scatter blast

Posted by cheyner on 11 June 2012 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Doesn't this also have back-pressure tanks? I find they tend to need tighter barrels anyways.

I really like this, I keep meaning to mod mine, but keep getting sidetracked.

#290580 Hell Before Halloween 4 Videos

Posted by cheyner on 10 December 2010 - 05:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome work. I didnt realize we lost by that much in monster mash. Good thing most of team 2 makes up for it in part 2.

This video is further proof that if you have a chance to get to one of Angels wars, deffinantly go, you will regret it if you dont.

#274874 Nite Finder Cometic + Reanfocement And Extra Spring

Posted by cheyner on 15 May 2010 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

You know, I really am quite entertained by this post.

He talks about these nice cosmetics, and there's not even a picture of the damn gun.

A fucking gorilla could've made a better post.

Agreed, I also enjoy the paragraph long sentence.