Ammo Question

Need something to fit in 2" PVC

6 replies to this topic

#1 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

I just made a 2 in. diameter PVC barrel for my Titan. The plan was to use it to fire mini Vortex footballs, but the barrel is too loose so the footballs barely move at all. (I did bring the football with me when buying the PVC, it was the closest fit they had, but not close enough.) Since I ended up spending about 5 bucks on the couplers/pvc and don't want them to go to waste, I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions as to what I could buy to shoot out of it. The actual inner diameter is about 2 3/8 inches.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#2 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

Stick a bunch of cpvc in there and make a shotgun. Other than that I don't know what you could use.
"A lot" is two words.

#3 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Another option would be to try out the different sizes of PVC insulating foam, or possibly different pool noodles.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#4 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

Stick a bunch of cpvc in there and make a shotgun. Other than that I don't know what you could use.

I might do this in addition. Since the hardware store sells pipe in 5' segments, I have plenty of extra.

Another option would be to try out the different sizes of PVC insulating foam, or possibly different pool noodles.

I was thinking about checking the larger foam sizes next time I get over to the store. I think its too skinny for most pool noodles, but combined with the tip below I might find something I can use.

You also might be able to take another piece of the same pipe and "sharpen" the end like spudgunners do (bevel the outside edge all the way around), then use that to shave down or cut discs from some type of larger foam.

If you had some disks the right size for your barrel, you should be able to glue on other pieces of foam until you have a "sabot" into which you could insert the tail of your vortex footballs. Another option might be to cut a disk to your barrel size, then cut the center out until you have a ring that could be glued around the football bodies.

Or you might even simply find a thickness of craft foam that you can wrap around the football bodies.

I was wondering while I was out earlier how people using spudguns find potatoes that fit so well, and now I know. Its a pretty good idea. That craft foam idea is pretty good too. I tried to do the same thing with masking tape (I figured e-tape would be too sticky and couldn't find it anyways) but it didn't work at all.

Thanks everybody for the helpful responses. If anything works out I'll post an update.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#5 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

Or you might even simply find a thickness of craft foam that you can wrap around the football bodies.

Or glue the craft foam to the inside of the pipe till the football fits.

#6 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Your range would probably suck hard, but you could try and make it like a ball shooter. By this i mean, put a lip on the end of the barrel. You could then use the barrel as an inline clip. Instead of balls use your footballs.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#7 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

Go to goodwill, and find anything, and everything that will work as ammunition, whether it be cups, dolls, or the tiny mexican children. Buy them all. And use them, firing out of a titan at a war. This is probably the safest plan I can think of.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users