umpshaplapa's Content

There have been 435 items by umpshaplapa (Search limited from 23-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#269725 At3k Tank Replacement

Posted by umpshaplapa on 20 March 2010 - 10:46 AM in General Nerf

Why do you want to replace the tank? It has a very strong tank.

#220819 Barrel Length?

Posted by umpshaplapa on 30 March 2009 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

If your darts have a good fit in PETG use 12" barrels.

#220833 Barrel Length?

Posted by umpshaplapa on 31 March 2009 - 06:51 AM in Modifications

Wow, thanks for opening this thread. I got some barrel choppin' to do.

#220822 Barrel Length?

Posted by umpshaplapa on 30 March 2009 - 11:21 PM in Modifications

I'm using 10" just because I'm only using a LS spring and an industrial spring.

#248049 Barrel Spacer Templates

Posted by umpshaplapa on 21 August 2009 - 10:20 PM in Homemades

I know the dimension. I just wanted to know if there is some special drill bit you could use for .572. it's a iittle bigger than a 9/16" drill bit, and a little smaller than 19/32. However, I've never seen a drill bit that big come in increments smaller than 1/16.

I believe he said he used a 9/16" bit and then just carefully filed it out until it fit.

#202007 Battle Of The Rednecks

Posted by umpshaplapa on 08 January 2009 - 11:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to, I would have to ask the parents.
How long do you guys think the drive from Atlanta would be? I really have no idea of the time.

#254510 Bbb Breech

Posted by umpshaplapa on 25 October 2009 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

Is the piece of PVC what you use to open the breech?

#213055 Bbb Spring Replacement/addition

Posted by umpshaplapa on 17 February 2009 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

Is that like half of another? Or is it more like a third?

#213047 Bbb Spring Replacement/addition

Posted by umpshaplapa on 17 February 2009 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

I don't have any industrial springs on me at the moment, and I was wondering what's a good spring to replace/supplement the BBB spring?
Is there is a spring from ace that would be awesome, just give the spring #

#213426 Big Salvo

Posted by umpshaplapa on 19 February 2009 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

That is indeed quick. So those are 100% air tight with just e-tape? Hot damn!

#206399 Big Salvo Problems

Posted by umpshaplapa on 25 January 2009 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

I'll try it. Thanks, I'm pretty sure you're talking about Q-tips right? Haha. I don't know much about Big Salvo's But I didn't even open it up, I just stuck 10" CPVC barrels down each existing barrel with some e-tape on each and I'm getting about 110'-120' ranges level. Is it supposed to be that awesome?

Without a plugged pump? It seems a little unlikely to me, but who knows? Maybe you have an exceptionally powerful one.

#219424 Big Salvo Tank Question

Posted by umpshaplapa on 23 March 2009 - 03:09 PM in Modifications

If I connected the tubing from two big salvo tanks with a tee, and then connected that tee to an SMDTG trigger, would the tanks lose any pressure/range? I'm not sure how the air goes into the tank(s) through the SMDTG trigger, so I was seeing if anybody could help.

#216359 Blast Recon?

Posted by umpshaplapa on 04 March 2009 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Sense you cut off the O-ring it looks like there would be a terrible seal.

#235249 Bolt Action Bbbb Breeched To Accept Mags

Posted by umpshaplapa on 09 June 2009 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

I don't want to rain on your parade because it's nice looking and you did a fine job, but it's completely pointless putting a clip on something that takes like 6 pumps already. You're not saving any time having it clip loaded.

You actually could be, depending on how your darts were loaded before, whether it be ramrodding them down a barrel, pulling them out of your pocket and shoving them into a breech, or putting them into the back of a couplered barrel. All you have to do is open the breech, shut it, pump 6 times, and pull the trigger.

This is a lifesaver for people like me who seem to suck with speedloaders. I always drop them, forget they are dropped, and move on. I can never seem to get them in the coupler easily. Clips are the same, but I have 6 shots instead of two. I will do this as soon as I can find the materials.

How do you not notice your lack of a barrel? I think using clips is usefull only when priming the gun also loads the dart from the clip.

#216883 Brass Breech (slide Breech)

Posted by umpshaplapa on 08 March 2009 - 02:15 AM in Homemades

Reading this thread made me happy. :rolleyes:

Moving on I cannot see how this breech would push a dart into the 9/16"
I can see it is possible that a dart might just fall through the other side.

I think a video demonstration might be in order.

I don't even flare out the back of my breeches and they work fine. I just put the dart in the slot, and close it.

#230179 Brit's Paint Tutorial

Posted by umpshaplapa on 14 May 2009 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

I have a tip on spray paint.
If you suck at hand painting like me, and are trying to tape a non-straight line, put the tape comepltely covering the edge of where you're trying to paint. Then, press down hard until you can see the lines in the shell again. Take out a razor knife and gently cut along the lines that you see.
It worked beautifully on my LS/titan.

#236870 Burst Fire Barrel System.

Posted by umpshaplapa on 17 June 2009 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

Maybe I couldn't tell from the pictures, but why doesn't this fire both at once? It looked like you made a barrel, and then glued another 1/2" on.

#193717 Buzz Bee Shell Mod

Posted by umpshaplapa on 03 December 2008 - 07:51 AM in Modifications

I drilled out the back of a shell I had. The range actually got worse. Any reason why? Also, can you do this mod without a soldering iron? I forgot to add that I only drilled the shell and removed the peg, nothing else.

#216385 Cell Phone Gun Sight Idea...

Posted by umpshaplapa on 04 March 2009 - 11:06 PM in Modifications

You would have to use very thin wire. Also use an angle bracket for keeping it at a 90 degree angle.

#204184 Clothspin Trigger

Posted by umpshaplapa on 17 January 2009 - 05:13 PM in Homemades

What is this injection tab you speak of? I can only get curved end caps that have nothing raised on the outside at all.

#204156 Clothspin Trigger

Posted by umpshaplapa on 17 January 2009 - 03:42 PM in Homemades

I'm making a SnapBow, and I can't seem to cut the nail the right length on my trigger. Does anybody have a picture of how much it should stick into the tube? or a Length would be even better.

#237688 Consumed By Video Games

Posted by umpshaplapa on 20 June 2009 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

If you don't want to play video games, don't play video games.

#230691 Cosmetics

Posted by umpshaplapa on 16 May 2009 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

If I've modded my gun to its best, then It's painting time.

#216460 Cpvc Breech

Posted by umpshaplapa on 05 March 2009 - 03:30 PM in Darts and Barrels

So it's 3/4",1/2" CPVC and 21/32" Brass correct?

No. It's just 1/2" CPVC with a slot cut in it, and the brass.

#216386 Cpvc Breech

Posted by umpshaplapa on 04 March 2009 - 11:08 PM in Darts and Barrels

I just push the dart into the front of the whole. Maybe your barrel was to long.

#216373 Cpvc Breech

Posted by umpshaplapa on 04 March 2009 - 10:11 PM in Darts and Barrels

So you were just messing around with that 21/32 in. brass eh? Whatever floats your boat man.

On topic, that seems like a really easy way to make a breech, so nice job. However, what brand of CPVC did you use? I know they differ in size between brands and maybe even batches because some will fit into PVC while others will not.

Dude...nasty.

I made this out of home depot CPVC, but I tested it with some cresline stuff I'm pretty sure I got at Ace and It was just as air-tight.

#216353 Cpvc Breech

Posted by umpshaplapa on 04 March 2009 - 09:40 PM in Darts and Barrels

This has to be the most simple way to make a CPVC breech yet. I was messing around with some 21/32 brass that I had lying around, when I spotted some random cpvc. Just for fun I slid the brass over the CPVC and to my suprise it fit perfectly. I immediatly tested if it was air-tight, and it was, so I made a breech.

It took all of 4 minutes.

Posted Image

I slid the brass along until I found the closest point to the end of the CPVC that was still air-tight. *I forgot to add in room for the coupler, if you do this add that in!* I then marked that length and cut a half pipe with my dremel. I put it in my SNAPbow and didn't feel any significant loss of force when I shot the gun.

#194552 Cpvc Longshot

Posted by umpshaplapa on 07 December 2008 - 01:17 PM in General Nerf

Are you sure your plunger rod moves back far enough for it to catch? That happend to me the first time I tried, and it wasnt making it to the catch.

#209310 Cpvc Mav

Posted by umpshaplapa on 03 February 2009 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

I'm trying to CPVC the turret on my maverick, and I ran into a barrier. I got the CPVC though the orange part fine, all it took was a little sanding. But I don't know how I can get it into the black base piece. Is there any easy way to do it?

here's the peice

Posted Image

#209317 Cpvc Mav

Posted by umpshaplapa on 03 February 2009 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

You've gotta take them off. Just use the centre black nub to keep your barrels on semi straight. When I tried CPVCing my Maverick, it didn't turn out well at all, so good luck on yours...

How Can I take them off without exessive ripping with pliers and sanding? Also what happened to your Mav?

#199223 Cpvc, And Where To Buy

Posted by umpshaplapa on 27 December 2008 - 03:19 PM in General Nerf

The ace near me carries cpvc and every fitting you woupld ever need. My home depot has it to, but they only carry 3/4 fbr.

#248226 Crossbow Mod Supplement

Posted by umpshaplapa on 22 August 2009 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the information; it will come in handy when the thing eventually breaks on me.

I recently acquired the shell and plunger tube of a lock 'n load so I rebuilt the internals using flattened PVC pipe (sch40 for the trigger and sch80 for both both parts of the catch), and it works great. I war tested it today with surprisingly good results. Granted, the crossbow catch is a bit larger and under more stress, but I think I could get it to work after a few revisions.

I expect the catch to go before the plunger rod and I'm a bit wary of steel on plastic. Do you think the steel catch would work with the stock plunger rod?

Also, is CaptainSlug still selling the replacements? (I know this is the wrong way to go about seeking this information but I'm wary of PMing him after he posted a thread asking people not to. Though, I can't say I blame him.)

I know a guy who has a metal plunger, and it wore away the plastic catch until it misfired. Maybe he did something wrong, though.

#241123 Crossbows

Posted by umpshaplapa on 09 July 2009 - 05:17 PM in General Nerf

You can say how over-priced they are all you want. But if I'm selling a crossbow, why would I want to sell it for $60 instead of 5 times that?

#213416 Ctf Flags

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 February 2009 - 11:33 PM in Modifications

If I may recommend something a little better, replace those threaded adapters for normal slip couplers. Doing that will fix the stand problem, while still keeping then upright.

I tried that before, but the weight of the base would fall of when running.

I think he means that you remove the pole from the base. Carrying the base seems kind of dumb to me.

#237493 Curious

Posted by umpshaplapa on 19 June 2009 - 07:45 PM in General Nerf

I've been trying to find a stock Xbow for along time.....

Any chance of selling?

Jesus!
I bet he'd sell one to you. For a good price.

#212457 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by umpshaplapa on 15 February 2009 - 03:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

I posted that other Foam from WhiteCap awhile ago.
http://www.whitecapd...roducts/530BR12

Here's a picture comparing it's thickness to some Ace stuff I just picked up.
I used a light behind it.
Posted Image
Mine is the denser one.

Also, does anyone know a consistent foam that has a snug fit in 17/32?

#247550 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 August 2009 - 08:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

I'm tired of mile high foam being destroyed in 2 seconds. What FBR is out there that has a Snug fit in PETG? I looked at swiftnerf's foam, and it seemed to expensive for me.

#209152 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by umpshaplapa on 03 February 2009 - 12:14 AM in Darts and Barrels

This is the foam I use.
http://www.whitecapd...roducts/530BR12

It's only $7 for 100 feet, but I buy it from a location in Atlanta, not online.

It's nice and dense, but pretty small in diameter. If you know what Ace foam is like in 17/32, it's maybe a tiny bit tighter than that in CPVC.

#218553 Dead Space

Posted by umpshaplapa on 17 March 2009 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

The more dead space there is, the more places the air can go instead of the barrel.

#212345 Deoderant Clip

Posted by umpshaplapa on 14 February 2009 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

Is there any way I can not have that happen?