Cpvc Mav

I gots me a question

21 replies to this topic

#1 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

I'm trying to CPVC the turret on my maverick, and I ran into a barrier. I got the CPVC though the orange part fine, all it took was a little sanding. But I don't know how I can get it into the black base piece. Is there any easy way to do it?

here's the peice

Posted Image
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

You've gotta take them off. Just use the centre black nub to keep your barrels on semi straight. When I tried CPVCing my Maverick, it didn't turn out well at all, so good luck on yours...
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Use crayola or rosart markers if your darts fit in them well. The fit right in the black holes without any huge force or adhesives at all.

#4 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

You've gotta take them off. Just use the centre black nub to keep your barrels on semi straight. When I tried CPVCing my Maverick, it didn't turn out well at all, so good luck on yours...

How Can I take them off without exessive ripping with pliers and sanding? Also what happened to your Mav?
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#5 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

If you have needle noses then I would start with those to twist and pull them off, despite you not wanting to, and then clean it up with a dremel. As for my Mav, I never really found out why it didn't work, maybe I didn't do it right because it was only my third mod...
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

I tried taking those out and I broke the turret... I don't reccomend it. What I did is goop the CPVC over the drilled out resistors, like how the stock barrel set up was. Also, don't do this mod if you're using darts the have a even remotely tight fit in CPVC. My CPVC mav couldn't even send stock darts very far because of the seal and weak spring.

Now I use the stock barrels, with my fatty red stefans which were perfect with the 2-stage-barrel tightness on the stock set up (barrels have smaller ID at back). They go much farther than my CPVC mav.

#7 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

I highly reccomend not CPVCing your Mav. I've tried it 2 times and it never really worked. I destroyed two turrets in the process.

Edited by venom213, 03 February 2009 - 09:15 PM.

#8 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • State:Missouri

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

Hot glue the cpvc onto the black base first. Then put the orange piece on. That's the easiest way I have found.

#9 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • State:California

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

if you have PETG, then use it. IT fits perfect into the black peice.

#10 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

This is all a matter of what your darts fit well. If you darts fit CPVC listen to autonerf, if they fit 17/32ndths brass e-tape the end of the brass then goop them in the black pieces, if your darts fit PETG or 9/16th brass just shove them in there, they both fit very well. I would use just regular hot glue for the last 2 barrel material becuase its already a great fit doesn't need a lot of it though. Its just a matter of what your darts fit.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 04 February 2009 - 08:57 AM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#11 Anthrax13

Anthrax13

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

Take a 5/8 spade bit and drill through the holes all the way. Then just super glue the cpvc into the black piece and it will also be rear loading.

Edited by Anthrax13, 03 February 2009 - 11:59 PM.

Did you lube it?

...If you forgot to...well, that's your problem.

^^atomatron

#12 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:19 AM

Take a 5/8 spade bit and drill through the holes all the way. Then just super glue the cpvc into the black piece and it will also be rear loading.

Umm, have you ever modded a mav. You can't make one rear loading unless you drastically alter the method in which the gun seals stock.

#13 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

Put the drilled out AR's back in.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#14 Anthrax13

Anthrax13

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

Umm, have you ever modded a mav. You can't make one rear loading unless you drastically alter the method in which the gun seals stock.

Posted Image
Posted Image

You put the cpvc flush with the back of the turret. I don't see how you would have to alter how the turret seals. The wider hole allows more airflow and you dont have to deal with the seal between the barrels and where the air restrictors were..
Did you lube it?

^^atomatron

#15 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

Have you tried that turret in your mav yet? Because the way nerf turreted guns seal is from a wider holde to a smaller hole (PT to back of turret). You fuck up that system if the first hole is smaller than the second, as it allows air to escape instead of go into the barrel. Air takes the path of least resistance.

#16 Anthrax13

Anthrax13

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

No. Sadly, my maverick broke and I have not bought a new one yet. That still makes absolutely no sense. The size of the hole it goes into shouldn't matter if the dart is right in front of it.
Did you lube it?

^^atomatron

#17 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • State:Florida

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:32 PM

No. Sadly, my maverick broke and I have not bought a new one yet. That still makes absolutely no sense. The size of the hole it goes into shouldn't matter if the dart is right in front of it.

It makes sense to everyone but you. You may just need to see it to believe it. Put that turret in a Maverick and watch the darts not escape the barrel.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#18 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

When you blow into your drink with a straw, it doesn't shoot through the bottom of the glass, does it? That is because the air is escaping around the straw since it does not cover the whole top of the glass. Now if you had a glass with a smaller top or a much bigger straw and you were to hook it up to an air compressor...

But the point is the dart, like the bottom of the glass, does not want to leave that tight barrel. And if air can escape somewhere, it will.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#19 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

I'm sure that engineering a workable rear-loading Maverick is within the realm of possibility. Probably by adding some sort of flange to the air outlet of the plunger. I might even take it on as a challenge, but my plate is so full these days that it won't likely be until the end of Summer at the soonest. But even so ... it would still be a Maverick.

Mavericks win for style points, though. They are neat looking little blasters.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#20 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • State:Missouri

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

A rear loading Maverick will not work. Trust me I know. Anything you add to the plunger mouth will just come off with the rotation. Getting a good seal is one thing, but then you still have the same amount of air pressure. It will just be going through a larger hole, so the Maverick will end up losing power. If someone did find a way to make it work, that would be great. I just don't see it happening.

#21 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

It's funny, no matter how cool a gun looks, you still look like a jerk when your ass is handed to you. Just saying.

VACC

#22 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

It's funny, no matter how cool a gun looks, you still look like a jerk when your ass is handed to you. Just saying.

VACC

No kidding. Especially if you happen to be sporting a Crossbow, RFS, or +Bow. I think the key here is that it sucks to be owned. No matter what you are wielding.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users