Burst Fire Barrel System.

rapid fire to the max!

11 replies to this topic

#1 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

Now, after seeing the hell cannon, I started trying inline clips. and I noticed, They are underrated. if you have a tight fit on the darts, You don't need to jerk the gun down when reloading, and it didn't have much of a change in range. (10 ft with a empty 2 shot clip. and it gets even more deadly when you hook it up to a speed loader or turret. and That's what we are making here.

Items needed:

Petg- 1/2 And you barrel. (mine is 8 inch.)

Pvc- I use 12 inches, to hold 2 1.75 inch darts with some space.

Plumbers goop

Electrical tape

Hot glue

To start, make a speed loader. (you should know how to, you just connect the two pvc pipes together with hot glue with a inch off of each end and then put e-tape over it.)

Posted Image

Next, cut your petg to the length of your barrel.

Posted Image

And plumbers goop in it.

Posted Image

Then, cut a small 1/2 peice of petg,

Posted Image

And plumbers goop in in behind the barrel you glued in.

Posted Image

Then repeat all the steps and wait 24-48 hours for the goop to dry.

Here is a test video.

Posted Image

As you can see, this provides a short 2 dart rapid fire burst, and then you flip the speed loader and have another burst. and then reload. I am still having some issues with it, such as the dart not always going very far, or shooting two darts at once. With my crossbow, it gets 90 instead of 100. I think it is worth it.

-struck by stefan

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#2 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • State:Maine

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:26 PM

Jack's gonna love that Xbow. Please don't paint it.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#3 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

Jack's gonna love that Xbow. Please don't paint it.

Not planning to.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

#4 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:09 AM

Very nice, I like your setup. One thing that I have noted in my inline clip testing is the longer the dart the better. When I tested the streamlines they usually always work perfectly (since my slug hybrid darts are built off streamlines they work great as well). When I tried shorter darts 2" and 1.5" I noted I started to get some double fires.

As for darts not getting good range, the way I found to fix that is to try and sand the inside of your PETG so it slopes in. That way the dart won't get stuck on the edge of the PETG and not go inside the Fire Barrel.

I also have new Inline Barrel ideas to help reduce dead space.

Basically the fire barrel can be pushed further into the chamber barrel... Wacth this video to see it in action. The last dart actually fires the hardest, and you no longer have to point the gun down to get the next dart into fire position.

#5 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:17 AM

Very nice, I like your setup. One thing that I have noted in my inline clip testing is the longer the dart the better. When I tested the streamlines they usually always work perfectly (since my slug hybrid darts are built off streamlines they work great as well). When I tried shorter darts 2" and 1.5" I noted I started to get some double fires.

As for darts not getting good range, the way I found to fix that is to try and sand the inside of your PETG so it slopes in. That way the dart won't get stuck on the edge of the PETG and not go inside the Fire Barrel.

Basically the fire barrel can be pushed further into the chamber barrel... Wacth this video to see it in action. The last dart actually fires the hardest, and you no longer have to point the gun down to get the next dart into fire position.

Wow... I need to try that now.

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:20 AM

Nerkum, that's an awesome idea. If you could make some way for the barrel to click into place for each dart that would be awesome so you wouldn't have to worry about pushing it in too far.

Edit: Wow, that's going to get added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

2nd Edit: SBS: Nice. I like it. I like these new high ROF lower ranges ideas.

Edited by TantumBull, 16 June 2009 - 12:21 AM.

#7 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

Already have plans for a "click into place" and a forward breech so you don't have to take the Fire Barrel all the way out to load new ammo.

I'm wait on materials to arrive, but the idea is to have one more sleeve on the barrel. The on the back of the Chamber Barrel and can put notches, and on the sleeve I can put a slanted notch that can be used as a catch.

Then the sleeve could be used to stop the fire barrel from coming all the way off, and it could also expose a cutout area on the Chamber Barrel that would act as a breech on the front of the inline barrel. I should have videos up later this week.

#8 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:28 AM

Cool. Maybe try a slightly longer actual "barrel" part. I have a 6 shot RSCB that Wes made for me on an at3k and when wes gives me my 4B back I might try it on that too. Is that a new X-Bow or the one that broke earlier?

#9 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

Cool. Maybe try a slightly longer actual "barrel" part. I have a 6 shot RSCB that Wes made for me on an at3k and when wes gives me my 4B back I might try it on that too. Is that a new X-Bow or the one that broke earlier?

It's a new one.

EDIT: here are some pics.

Posted Image

The crossbow is lvl 4, and hits 100 using my 12 inch copper barrel, and a big bungge. Here are some more pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You will see it at the coming maine wars.

Edited by stuck by stefan, 16 June 2009 - 08:05 AM.

#10 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

This will be better with the rate of fire of the speedloader.

The incline clip is very nice.

You may want to try and update picture quality a little though.

I understand you really don't need high quality picture for this write up but still.

Edited by white moonlight, 17 June 2009 - 06:05 AM.

On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#11 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

Maybe I couldn't tell from the pictures, but why doesn't this fire both at once? It looked like you made a barrel, and then glued another 1/2" on.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#12 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:47 PM

Maybe I couldn't tell from the pictures, but why doesn't this fire both at once? It looked like you made a barrel, and then glued another 1/2" on.

It is an inline clip, the air flows part the dart an shoots one dart from the barrel, and the when you reload and point the gun down, it reloads the next shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users