CrazyIvan VI's Content

There have been 275 items by CrazyIvan VI (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#238516 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 25 June 2009 - 10:09 AM in Modifications

Well, I was going to wait to post this till I had the whole set complete, the rifle, pistol and shotgun, but since The Saint posted his up, my Longshot doesn't feel as special, so I figured I'd throw it out there before I finished everything else.

Posted Image

#160575 The Vulcan

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 26 June 2008 - 11:24 PM in General Nerf

Those designs sound really cool,but instead of spending 100 dollars on a project like that, why not just wait for the real vulcan to be released and pay $40? I think we can wait. But it's always cool to design stuff.

This guy finds a way to make a Vulcan-esque Longshot, FA will see it, and will be able to find a cheaper way to do it, maybe the collective Haven will come together, and we'll make an unstoppable weapon.

Maybe not.

#212914 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 16 February 2009 - 09:50 PM in General Nerf

Keep in mind, Split, that the mechanism which pushes/pulls back the plunger tube could most very likely be attached at the front of the priming handle, extending the stroke by another good dart length or a bit more.

No, it would be the same, no matter where it is attached. The front and back of the priming handle move the same amount, the front cannot go any farther in relation than the back can.

Just think about it for a second, it should click.

#164622 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 26 July 2008 - 10:45 AM in General Nerf

Well, I guess I'll only list the one that work/I haven't scrapped for parts.

Longshot (Awaiting Angel Breech) with integrated Dart Tag 10shot.

2 Disc Shots (Secondaries)

2 Minimized Crossfires (Tertiaries)

Big Bad Bow (Additional Primary)

Singled Titan (WMD)

I play with a unique style I like to refer to as 'Pirating.' As it follows the gunplay strategy of pirates. Since Minimized Crossfires get decent ranges and are extremely small and easy to holster, you can go about with them primed in the situation you are caught off guard.

This strategy is a bit overkill when you've got the 16 (I can't get a double clip to work properly...) shot power of the Longshot DT10 (Tip of the Hat to OfAllTheNerf), especially because it is easy to reload the DT10 while running, and with 6 back up clips, the reload on the Longshot takes a second.

#199027 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 26 December 2008 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

The Royal Ace hardware near me sells diamond print aluminum that is thin enough for use on a +bow with some minor modifications to design. I plan on picking some up and busting out a few L+L's. They also sell relatively cheap steel ($5.38=2 sq ft) which is good for reinforcing. I'm not sure if this means that others carry it.

I've found Ace Hardwares to be a hit or miss. One of mine is great, the other one is a junk heap. But neither of them sell brass.

#164183 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 24 July 2008 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

Wow, I'd like to say, DarkInfection, you don't need to be an ass if you don't know what you're talking about.

:3

This gun is really amazing. It seals itself, it's not inverted plunger... it sounds absolutely amazing.

#236701 Raider Preview

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 16 June 2009 - 08:03 AM in General Nerf

Taer, I'm simply looking at it from the standpoint of a Secondary. Angel Breech it, remove the front and slap a bolt on there, and you have a badass looking pistol. That's all I was wondering. I'm also one of the few here that is actually totally interested in cosmetic modifications, so that's yet another reason why it matters to me.

#236695 Raider Preview

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 16 June 2009 - 07:24 AM in General Nerf

My main concern...

Ice, does it look like there would be a way to completely bypass that bar that connects the front Shotgun Priming system? For example, does it look like there would be a way to put a bolt on it so that you could completely remove the front barrel?

#160860 Longshot Modification.

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 29 June 2008 - 08:50 AM in Modifications

If he doesn't know what necroing is, he should've atleast read the CoC, and should know that posting in YEAR OLD TOPICS (not this one, the other 3 or so) is extremely erotic.

#194777 Winter Ohio War

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 December 2008 - 01:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Shit Lynx. Put me down as a maybe.

I have no idea whats going on the 20th, but I have some family around there, and depending on, I might actually be able to make this my first war.

I'm a maybe because I honestly don't know the situation of my guns. I've been at college for the past months, so I haven't really done any work on anything. If I can get some stuff scrapped together in decent shape and make up some good stefans, I will probably be there, but just list me as a maybe for now until I get home.

I've got finals this week and I'll be home by Thursday, so I'll post again towards the end of the week once I get home and assess my armory.

#194782 Winter Ohio War

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 December 2008 - 02:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I mean, it's not like I'm going to come home and my guns will disappear, I just don't know if I'll be able to make them war ready...

I know I have a pack of $10 AT3Ks at home that need something done to them.

But if I can't get anything in tip top shape, bobafan, I'll PM you to find out what all will be there.

I should be able to make my own Stefans no problem. Just gotta stop being lazy and go buy some splitshot.

#195495 Winter Ohio War

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 11 December 2008 - 06:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Longshot, quit posting useless shit. This thread is already 11 pages long, why the hell are you still here? You're not attending the war, unless you have something to (unfortunately) tell us that is a change on your state of attendance, just go elsewhere. Since this war is known about, we don't need you bumping it up to the top everyday when people are trying to advertise future wars.

EDIT: Sorry, totally forgot the real reason I came in here. Got distracted by all the stupid ass side conversations.

I WILL be in attendance, unless someone/my car dies.

I am extremely thrilled to be attending my first war. Could someone who has attended several wars PM me? I have just some simple questions, like load outs and such. Thanks!

#160677 Lancer

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 27 June 2008 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

that is insane. excellent job, and great write up. maybe you should talk to the makers of Gears of War 2, maybe they would base the new lancer for the game off yours? that would be awesome.....

Why would they do that if his was based off of the Gears 1 Lancer...?

#201787 Magnificent 7

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 January 2009 - 12:34 AM in General Nerf

So you say all Titans so that would include the Chimeras I would imagine.

That leads me to ask... Why? A Chimera fires about the same as a BBBB

WOW.

Did you even read all the fucking post? Or did you just start whining right after you saw No Titans?

Guns with plugged pumps that were designed to shoot anything larger than a mega dart. (LBB/BBBB, Signal Launchers, etc.)

#202552 Magnificent 7

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 11 January 2009 - 03:37 AM in General Nerf

Rambo. He has addressed it. It's been made very clear that they're banned from the Mag 7 wars. I mean hell, Forsaken doesn't have a problem with it, so just drop it. Just take it to PM if it really bothers you that much.

#201791 Magnificent 7

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 January 2009 - 12:40 AM in General Nerf

Quit trying to dodge the rules. They're trying to make their games in the spirit of what Nerf is. Close range dart dodging fests. Not with everyone standing behind some sort of cover with their Titans and Doomsayers trying to pick people off.

#161926 Other Projects

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 July 2008 - 09:40 AM in Off Topic

Okay.

That desk made out of shipping boxes. It really scares me. And then you said your closet is made of boxes.

Scary.

Anyways:

Nerfing was actually my hobby that was born from the joy of creating things. I'm majoring in Fashion Design (Don't start with the gay jokes, they're old already), and just loved designing things and seeing how they worked.

I received a Maverick as a Christmas present last December, fired it for a while, then thought, "What can I do to this?" I opened it up and gave it a slick paintjob, then due to my love of Physics and curiosity, I also asked, "What can I do to make this better?" I did as I thought, and when it didn't fire, I looked to the place where knowledge is infinite; the interwebs. I stumbled upon The Haven, and since then, I've spent way too much money on Nerf guns.

Oh, and I also paint my friends guitars for them.

#167233 Other Projects

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 07 August 2008 - 07:48 PM in Off Topic

Slug, whenever you do something, it's never simple, is it?

That's awesome.

#162167 Other Projects

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 09 July 2008 - 11:30 PM in Off Topic

Okay.

That desk made out of shipping boxes. It really scares me. And then you said your closet is made of boxes.

Scary.

(shit we don't want to read)

WHAT WE WANT TO READ/SEE PICS OF!
Oh, and I also paint my friends guitars for them.

Ah well. It's not too much of a 'hobby.' A friend asks, 'Hey, can I get [this] painted on my guitar? You're an artsy person,' I said sure, and do so. I don't think I've got any pictures. I'll try and find/get some for you.

#183811 L+l

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 14 October 2008 - 08:53 PM in Homemades

I'm sorry, but did you measure ranges at all?

#214542 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 23 February 2009 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Rifleman, if you would've read the rest of the topic, you would've read that those are NOT super clips, they're pictures showing the Drum Mag fits in LS and Recon.

#181708 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 05 October 2008 - 02:21 PM in General Nerf

Crazy, I believe the grenade launcher perhaps might be the REV one, since that's the only one that appears to be revolving. The raiders bound to be popular for indoor wars, due to the 12 shots, and perhaps outdoors if it gets good modded ranges. The long rifle appears to be one of the ones that may be released in my opinion, as it is not as ridiculous as some of the other guns.

I think you got them confused. The Raider is the 6 shot side loader, featuring the Fore-Grip. The Spartan is the one that resemebles a UMP and has a 12 shot magazine capacity.

PS EDIT: Also, I don't see how the Nerf Long Range Gun looks like the R700. If anything, it looks almost EXACTLY like the Longshot Rifle from Gears of War.

#181642 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 05 October 2008 - 09:33 AM in General Nerf

I'm sure we'll be seeing the Raider come out, as it is a CS-6 model.

As much as I want the Spartan NCS-12 to come out, the N on the acronym makes me doubtful. Why wouldn't they just call it the CS-12 if they were releasing it like the others?

I can't think of what the N could logically stand for.

N-Strike Acronyms
AS-X - Auto Shot X OR Air Shot
- Titan, Pocket Blaster, Hornet, Rapid-Fire and Magstrike, while the 'automatics' are the Magstrike (10) and the Rapid-Fire (20, Thanks Ubermensch) and the (in a very round about sense) Hornet (6).

CS-X - Clip Shot
- Longshot (6) and Recon(6).

REV-X - Revolution
- Maverick (6) and the Firefly (8)

Then we've got the random other acronyms, like EX on the Nitefinder, which just stands for Extra, referring to the ammo holders.

#181673 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 05 October 2008 - 12:54 PM in General Nerf

All that aside, the Spartan looks pretty sexy. Also, which one is the Stampede? The Sn+per-ish one looks pretty cool to. As for the Raider: Bitchin'. Clip fed pumpaction. GENIUS!

EDIT: Oops, Oni beat me too the question. Maybe its the "turreted Vulcan" neh?

However, the turreted Vulcan only has 8 barrels. Why would it be a REV-12 if it only has 8 barrels? And besides, why would they remake the Vulcan just to make it worse? We all know that the chances of getting that to work are like trying to make an automatic Maverick.

I'm hoping the Stampede is the Grenade Launcher-esque one, but it seems to only have 6 barrels also, unless it might fire two darts at a time? Who knows. This whole speculation thing is getting out of hand...

#181782 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 05 October 2008 - 06:02 PM in General Nerf

This is my last useless bit of speculation on this.

Perhaps the N in NCS-12 stands for Nano. Maybe Hasbro took a page from our book, made Nano Darts, and you load 3 of them in the magazine at a time, sort of like our shotgun loading. Along with the massive plunger stroke it looks to have, could what causes a '3 shot' burst effect.

#163788 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 22 July 2008 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

I'm getting less and less excited about it...

It sounds like it's going to take the fun out of Nerfing, and its going to rely on who has the biggest ammo belt for their Vulcan.

#163742 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 22 July 2008 - 05:23 PM in Modifications

This tells us nothing.

What were ranges out of the box? How about ranges with the 'mods' you did?

Come on! Actually give us info about the gun!

#163871 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 23 July 2008 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

Nevermind...

#164382 The Dark Knight

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 25 July 2008 - 09:32 AM in Off Topic

Jackster:

Batman never used a gun to KILL someone. The cannons on the Batmobile/Batpod were for clearing obstacles. Batman won't kill anyone, and he won't use a gun on anyone.

Or what you might be referring to are some of his accessories. He uses the Grappling Hook very creatively, especially when he is fighting the SWAT teams in the building during the boat scene. Also he uses his 'Time Explosive Sticky Bomb Launcher Thing' but once again, only to remove an obstacle or create a diversion.

#164333 The Dark Knight

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 24 July 2008 - 11:52 PM in Off Topic

I just got back from seeing it.

Best fucking movie EVER.

"Wanna' see a magic trick? I'm going to make this pencil... disappear!"

"Look at what I can do with a couple bullets and a little bit of gasoline..."

I thought everyone played their part excellently, especially The Joker. The scene with him hanging out the window of the cop car like a dog with Gordon narrating in the back was excellent. I want to see it again just so I can pay more attention to the details. It was just constant action happening. I loved it. It was also a TRULY scary movie. I got paranoid driving home while going through intersections, thinking that a car would come and smash into us, or when I got a drink from the fountain after the show.

SPOILERS
The whole Gordon coming back was totally awesome and unexpected.
.End Spoilers.

#167379 The What Should I Get Thread

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 August 2008 - 11:47 AM in General Nerf

Hornets are amazing when they work right. I got 80' on mine with all six shots, but sometimes it doesn't pump, sometimes it does... D:

Nitefinder, Discshot or buy a Crossfire set, because sometimes having two shots as a backup is better than just one.

#211629 N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 11 February 2009 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

There's plenty of reason to lock it, it's pretty much just speculation now.

And if you feel bad for dial up connections, why did you quote it?

#211562 N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 11 February 2009 - 07:59 PM in General Nerf

I'm just waiting for someone to tactical mod two drum clips together... 70 shots...

*Sigh.*

#160674 Please Read: Spherical Ammo.

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 27 June 2008 - 03:22 PM in General Nerf

Not to be a nag, but this topic is more than a year old. Next time if you feel that what you have to say is extremely important for someone to know, send them a personal message informing them of it.
-A side of nerf

It's not just a YEAR old, it's two years old. Why can't people just read the dates? Seriously.

#182581 Recons Recalled

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 09 October 2008 - 12:42 PM in General Nerf

I'm going to file a complaint that I was also hurt upon using my Recon.

It tarnished a piece of my soul as to how shitty it was.

But on topic; things like this are just stupid. It's why kids expect everything to go their way now a days. Everything gets catered to them so they don't get hurt, that they get what they want...

#192503 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 28 November 2008 - 03:31 PM in General Nerf

Hah. I went to Walmart at 130, hoping that there would be some decent guns left. I went to the nerf section, there weren't any AT3Ks, I was bummed, as I walked out, there was an endcap FULL of them. I grabbed two packs and laughed to myself.

Then I found a mission pack, which is two clips and 10 streamlines for 5 bucks, and I grabbed a Longshot at Target.

Kohl's pissed me off. They didn't have a longshot anywhere, and then I went to go get an AT2K, and they were marked up to $13 and discounted to $8... when they normally sell for $5.

#198769 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 24 December 2008 - 11:30 PM in General Nerf

I can think of a few ways to integrate a titan or 2k into this. It wouldn't be very functional, but it would be fun to shoot people with.

I'm thinking Gunblade here.

The only problem I'm seeing is that they're all foam. I could see hollowing out the handle to house the pump in, and then putting the barrel and airtank on top of the blade... Wow. A zillion ideas are coming to me right now. I need one of these and a 2k!

Actually... I think these would be awesome to paint, and have sword/gunblade matches at a war. It'd certainly be something new and creative.

#208619 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 01 February 2009 - 01:55 PM in General Nerf

You necroed a topic to say you'd use a plastic knife?

Are you FUCKING serious?

#266155 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 20 February 2010 - 11:13 AM in Modifications

I see that gun, and all I can think of is to slap a Titan tank inside of it and turn it into a powerful blaster with a magazine.

Excellent Guide, now I won't be so nervous opening mine when I pick it up.

#181959 Official "show Off Your Longshot" Thread

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 06 October 2008 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

I would like to state that IT'S NOT FUCKING OFFICIAL UNLESS A FORUM OFFICIAL DOES IT GOD-DAMMIT.
I really like BlackSunshine's stuff though.

Forum Officials snip pictures out of their posts all the time. It's just common sense and courtesy. Why duplicate a bunch of pictures and have to scroll through them all, or for people on slower connections, load them all? It's not that hard to just delete it out of your post. Under your logic, that's just like saying, "Well, I'm not going to flush my shit down the toilet because that policeman didn't flush his!"