mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 05-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#162976 Recon Prob. With Pics.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 July 2008 - 09:11 AM in Modifications

I am modding a recon for my cousin, using ofallthenerf's method.
I did the brass in the bolt and all. This worked fine, but now the bolt will not go in far enough to even meet the lip of the part where the dart tooth is.

Here is the problem with the bolt not meeting the lip, this is taken down the barrel.
Posted Image

Here are the internals, minusthe catch plate, and trigger.
It seems to me that it is too short, but I didn't lose much material in the bolt making.

Posted Image

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#159238 Wts Halo3, In Off Topic.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2008 - 10:23 AM in Off Topic

I sold it to gamerush.

#162993 Pvc Probs

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 July 2008 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

1/2 PVC will be loose on micros, and fit megas perfectly. If it is too small, I think you are using CPVC, which is very tight on micros. With this, you can take a 1/2 inch drill bit and bore out the CPVC so it fits your darts better. Copper is useless, buy brass instead, it is worth the extra money.

#199737 Sm750 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2008 - 09:30 AM in Modifications

Fuck man 44 times? I hope that is a typo. I told you to pump the thing 4 times. Yeah, 44 times would shoot the check valve to hell. That's likely your problem. I know you can buy check valves from McMaster.

#204675 Manta Ray Cpvc Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 11:16 AM in Modifications

I like it. I may do this with my manta when it gets here, I will see how much range I get with the PETG installed. I think with some glue, a spring replacement, and some etape and lube this thing could reach 80ft. I don't see the point of ripping the internals out and integrating shit into the shell. It can be done without that, and have 4 80ft shots on it. Great gun in my book.
EDIT: DAMN. You were using taggers too. Add 10ft for using well made stefans!

#199952 Sm750 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 December 2008 - 12:23 PM in Modifications

I would take this opportunity and replace the pump. Just goop some tubing into the end of the tank and the end of your pump of choice. A cut down AT2K pump would probably work. If you don't end up fixing it, Ill take the tank off your hands...... Ive got plans.

#146161 How Do You Make A Double Clip?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

honestly, if you ask about stuff that has already been discussed, you will probably get banned.

#163000 Recon Prob. With Pics.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 July 2008 - 01:44 PM in Modifications

I seem to have fixed this. Apparently this happens with all recons, even my other stock one. I am in the process of brass breaching it, which will hopefully add a few feet onto the range.

#178805 Nerfhq Is Down.. Again

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 September 2008 - 02:41 PM in Off Topic

Is anyone else getting this when they log onto nerfhq? I have not been able to access the site for two days now.
I would like to know if this is a server error, or if it is just me.
Thanks

It's a server error. It means that NHQ didn't pay for enough bandwidth.

Perhaps read the error next time?

Before you flame, read what I said. I now know it is not just my computer that is showing that. I am not techno savvy at all, so I have no clue what the hell the message meant.

#181785 Crossbow Compared To Ertl Pump Shotgun?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 October 2008 - 06:25 PM in General Nerf

As someone who owns (ed) both guns, I will throw in my 2 cents.
I loved the feel of the ERTL pump action shotugun. It was heavy, which made it more comfy in my point of view. The stock was comfy, and the trigger was too. I am sorry I got rid of it, I should have singled it when my Doomsayer mod failed, but that never occured to me for some reason, I was a real noob back then.
Onto the crossbow. Heard many stories, proclamations of undying love about this gun. When I aquired it, I was a little dissapointed. It wasn't as comfortable as everyone said, for me. The stock had this point that kept digging into my shoulder, and the bump on the top where the stock barrel was originally was messing up with my aiming. I saw pictures of VACC's xbow, and didn't really like how it looked, so I never sawed it off.
Ranges: I never got to range test my ERTL pump gun, but my xbow hit 140 flat last range test, with a plunger tube replacement, and buniges.
In conclusion, both great guns, but I would hand it to the ERTL pump action, because if you can pull the doomsyer off, it is an unbeatable weapon.

#178800 Nerfhq Is Down.. Again

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 September 2008 - 02:35 PM in Off Topic

Is anyone else getting this when they log onto nerfhq? I have not been able to access the site for two days now.
I would like to know if this is a server error, or if it is just me.
Thanks

#248981 Scano 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 August 2009 - 07:44 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe too.

#177889 Where To Buy Springs In Canada?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 September 2008 - 08:45 AM in Modifications

John's hobby on the danforth has a good selection of springs, I got some there. That's the best place in the GTA, to my knowledge. THey have EVERY size of brass made (too bad they were out of 19/32 when I was making my angel breech) and a lot of glue.

#184500 The Massive Tsunami Scatter Gun

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 October 2008 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

Thats just beautiful. I use a similar concept, but with my LS, with a marvelous salvo integrated. I have this sling made from backpack straps, that I put on my back, and I whip it out to take a shotgun blast at people when my primary is out. This would be perfect for that kind of strategy. Oh and epoxy putty FTW.

#195718 Range Shot

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 December 2008 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

I believe that is the Range Shot. Says so on Orange's Nerf Page.
Good job.

#135748 My Longshot Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2008 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

I'd like to see some pictures before I pass judgement on your mod. Sounds promising though

Thanks guys. I have also added a new barrel to it. I don't know what it is, but it came from an old hockey net of mine and fit where the sidearm used to go (its now integrated)
Thanks
MSDFS

#210826 Hornet Barrel Replacement

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 February 2009 - 12:31 PM in Modifications

I did this today, removing the pink cap is fine, no leaks what so ever.
Thanks for the write-up!

#136065 The Versatile Airtech

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2008 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

Good job!!
Are AT3ks still in production? if they are im getting some definetly.

#141042 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

I got my old leaky sm3k about a week ago. I modded it with nested petg barrels, externalized the pump (rotation mech was broken anyway missing pieces) I put a piece of PVC for the trigger to slide on.
Now, when I pump it 5 times, it shoots 5 feet. I think its an issue with the pump handle, as when I pump it, it makes a hissing noise. Ive triple checked all the connectors to the pump and the tank, there are no leaks.
Any suggestions? ive plugged the pump in all ways possible, short of emptying a tube of goop down the back of it.
Thanks
MSDFS

#175751 How To Make Your Longshot Shoot Stefans?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 September 2008 - 06:50 PM in Modifications

Yep, I do. It's called searching. If you did search and came up with nothing, go to the modification forum and look in the stickies for "Modifying a longshot? Heres the thread you need"

#164759 Splitfires And Micros

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 July 2008 - 08:44 AM in General Nerf

Or just modify it to shoot micro darts. That's what I would do, I would use brass or petg.

#156255 Yes, It's Another Air Tank!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 May 2008 - 11:22 AM in Homemades

I'd use goop, or a lot of epoxy. I had a similar problem with my at3k, and some goop solved it. Look for it in any hardware store.

#150596 A Great Find Out Of Salvaging My Rf20

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 April 2008 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

If my rf20 wasn't my friends that I "borrowed", I would take it out. I hate rf20s anyway.
I would use it in a ss1 and go crazy single shot pistol on my local war's ass.

#157393 Disk Shot Pistol

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 May 2008 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

Your Pocket shot barrel is REALLY crooked, but I agree that that is amazing.

#160659 Magstrike Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 June 2008 - 01:44 PM in Modifications

This happened to mine. I threw it out and sold the clips, I hate magstrikes. I couldn't find a good way to fix it.

#135740 My Longshot Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2008 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

MY LONGSHOT MOD.
Mystefansdontflystraight's Longshot Mod.
Ok. Im new to NH, and this is my first real mod (I dont count the NF as its too simple). I make no claim to have invented this, as the BBB replacement spring is very widely used. Thanks to CaptainSlug and el swifto who made this possible.
To start out with, I modded the longshot sidearm which is really bad out of the box. It got like 20ft max.To mod that, I took it apart and took out the plunger. Then, I found the male part of the plunger and drilled down the hole in the back, widening it and pushing out the barrel post. Not ideal but still now it gets 40-45 ft on a good shot. (estimates)
Now onto the actual Longshot. I had an old BBB that I tried to do the angel mod to but just screwed it up, so I took the spring out of that, and slapped that on under the LS spring. When I tried to shoot that, It would stay cocked for about 7 seconds and then dry fire, so I deduced that the spring on the trigger plate was too weak for the job. While looking for a new spring in my nerf box, I came across my old broken sharpshooter 2. I saw this huge spring on the trigger plate and got an idea. I cut it down to the appropriate length, and china welded it in there. When I put the whole thing back together, it was too stiff for the limited movement of the trigger to move, so I took out the trigger lock to give it more movement. This made it able to fire the gun easily. My next problem was the clip. As many of you know, when you do a spring replacement, The clips no longer fit in under the bolt. I was such a noob I didn't know this, but after a few posts, CaptainSlug and el swifto told me to cut a bit off the back end of the clips. This worked very well and that problem was solved. Then, yet another issue! My clip lock wouldn't engage so my clip was stuck in the gun. After taking it apart and looking at it, the clip lock had this annoying ridge on the bottom, so I shaved that down with a knife, put it back in, and it all worked. Now that this mod is done, it fires about 80-85ft on estimate. I also did the dart attack integration. I kinda screwed up so it is butt ugly. I am currently ordering a 12 shot shotgun to do the doomsayer mod (my version anyway.) Will post pictures once I have done the paintjob.
Thanks

#141050 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

If you put the gun back together incorrectly, you may have a hard timing pulling back the trigger resulting in a slower pull. Internal pics would help.

Ok will post some.

Here is the pumpPosted Image
Here is the trigger mech Posted Image
Here is the turret.Posted Image
Here is the sealed airtank.
Posted Image

Sorry for the bad pics, I have like a 4 megapixel camera.

#141058 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

I figured out that without the auto rotation system, the turret isn't snug against the tank. So in other word, I decided to single it.
Just waiting for the epoxy to dry.

#263965 Rfdg Improvements

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 January 2010 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

I found a way to get around this whole etape dilemma. The E-tape kept slipping and ruining the seal.
I decided to get rid of the need for etape.
I cut down my plunger head like this
Posted Image
(I removed all the etape first)

I then took a small drill bit and made a hole in the end of the big plastic nub in the middle of the plunger head that keeps it on.

I then made a washer sandwich out of two 1 1/4 inch metal washers and a 1 1/2 rubber one. This makes a perfect seal with the LS plunger tube. Goop your sandwich together. Make sure the rubber washer is centered with the metal ones.
Posted Image
I then took the screw pictured and screwed the whole assembly together so it looks like this.
Posted Image

No ranges as of yet, but I would assume they are very good.

Note that no stress from the spring is being put on the washer sandwich. If you wanted to eliminate some deadspace and elongate the plunger stroke, you probably could, but use legit tapping bits. This screw in the drilled hole will only work if there is no stress on it.

#263821 Rfdg Improvements

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2010 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

Well, I made a mistake. You need to sand down those ridges holding the PT in place a ton. My screw ports got stripped from the stress of holding the shell together, so definitely do that if anyone is attempting this.

EDIT: Priming is smoother if you sand down the ridges on the top of the hooded rotation piece, the one that will be touching the PT. This isn't necsessary, but it makes putting the gun back together a lot easier.

#258833 Rear-loading 1500 Probs.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2009 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

Well, I am probably gonna have to try an improvised version of ChefDave's because I already have barrels in there. I think that if I put FBR in there, it should not be hard to poke out. I don't have a belt or palm sander, so the epoxy putty method would be risky.
Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.
MSDFS

#204793 Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

It is better to remove the whole thing than to cut it. I saw the goo gauge off the tank, widen the hole at the back of the tank, and goop the tubing connected to the pump right in there. I do this with all my 2ks, except the one that I have done a tank extension.

#263791 Rfdg Improvements

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2010 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

Disclaimer: Deaddumpster did this before me, but never posted a write-up or explictly told anyone how to do it. I got the idea from him, but the write-up is original as far as I know.

This modification will make your ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun (often referred to as the Doomsayer) shoot harder and further than before.

Materials needed:
-LS plunger tube
-Stock RFDG plunger tube
-Hacksaw/Dremel
-Sandpaper
-Measuring tape
-BBB arrow
-PVC/ABS transition cement

Take the plunger tube out of your RFDG and cut it down like so. Ignore the green thing at the end, that is my plunger tube/turret sealer.
Posted Image

Now, take your stock LS plunger tube and sand off those ridges and that nub that keep it in the LS. Cut it down to 4 7/8 inches.
Posted Image

Now, take your sandpaper and sand out your desired front end of the LS plunger tube. The bit you cut off your RFDG plunger tube needs to fit in there. It won't without a bit of sanding.
PIC

The parts should fit nicely together like this:
Posted Image

Next, take your piece of BBB arrow (thin piece) and glue it into the front of your RFDG plunger tube bit like so. Make a hole for the air to get through. That serves as plunger padding, and it's much easier to add it now.
Posted Image

Next, cement the two together using this stuff:
Posted Image
Your RFDG should fit together with minimal sanding of the ridges keeping the PT in place. I wrapped a shitton of electrical tape around my RFDG plunger head to get it to fit, but if you have tapping bits, I would tap a hole in the end of the RFDG plunger rod and use a LS plunger head replacement. Your RFDG should be shooting considerably farther now. Mine with a stock/BBB spring gets similar ranges to FA_24's that had the stock PT and an extra spring in there. This is easier to prime, and gets similar ranges.

#178488 Any Nerfers Over Seas?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 September 2008 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

Hahaha. CXWQ lives in socal, but they have him all the way in porgugal..
Yeah, this will show anyone where everyone is. Not too sure about 3DBBQ though, couldn't find him.
Holy flying crap christmonkeys: 600th post.

#146797 Double Tek

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 March 2008 - 06:30 AM in Modifications

I did this about a few months ago. It was called my mantra ray, as I put a homemade manta ray shell over them. Good job though. Mine never got those ranges.

#146686 Xbox Live Help Please!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

Hey thanks MSDFS. I tried a long wire and it's fudgin fast! This was my last resort, but hey, I've been dieing to play COD4 on live! I just got a level 9 in like an hour.

Yo add me im IPWNOOBZ. Lame name I know. When Im not nerfin, I play halo3

#150402 Potential Newmarket War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 April 2008 - 05:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Im in for late june, after the 15th maybe.

#146142 Longshot At3k Plan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

If you can get your hands on a SSM (switch shots max), saw the water end off, plug the pump, and glue the guts of it on the bottom. That's what I did. The SSM gets like 60ft, my modded longshot gets about 75-80.

#146625 Xbox Live Help Please!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 02:19 PM in Off Topic

I had this problem when I got xbox live and tried to use the wireless connector. In the end my impatient dad went out and bought a long ethernet cable. Works like a charm. I have some friends with wireless connections, and theirs is really glitchy and slow. Use a wire man, it works really well.

#203674 Looking For A Cvpc And Petg Breach

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2009 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

PVC will not fit over CPVC either. Please clean up your posts, you are giving us canadian nerfers a bad name.