Yes, It's Another Air Tank!

Help?

5 replies to this topic

#1 nerfexcess

nerfexcess

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

Ok, so 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted to build an air tank, Captain Slug's looked awesome, but it looked expensive (sp?) too! So I made a simpler one 3 days ago for about $21. After I used it for the past 2 days, the tubing just poped off the Hose Barb! So I cut the out-stretched pact off and put it back on, and today it did it again! Is there anyway to fix this? Heres a picture of the tank and barb.

Tank

Barb
"No-one's gonna serve you happiness on a silver platter.....oo-OOO-oo COOKIES!!"- Spongebob!!

"Which one am I Brain?"
"The fundamentally useless and stupid one, Pinky" - Pinky & the Brain

#2 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

Have you tried goop? Ive heard good things about it.

#3 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

To hold the tube to the barb use a hose clamp. You should be able to get one at any hardware store for about a buck. If you don't know what one is just ask someone in the store, they will know what you are talking about. All you have to do is put it over the hose and barb and tighten it with a screw driver.

Edited by poo, 18 May 2008 - 06:48 PM.

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

I'd use goop, or a lot of epoxy. I had a similar problem with my at3k, and some goop solved it. Look for it in any hardware store.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 nerfexcess

nerfexcess

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Thanks Poo! i just asked my dad and he said the same thing! Weird, huh? Well, I gotta go to lowes now!
"No-one's gonna serve you happiness on a silver platter.....oo-OOO-oo COOKIES!!"- Spongebob!!

"Which one am I Brain?"
"The fundamentally useless and stupid one, Pinky" - Pinky & the Brain

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

Fittings cost money. Regulators cost money. Pipe costs money (not much though). Some kind of bag or carrying strap to actually use the tank will cost money.

And that's why my $70 tank was "expensive".

And hose barbs only work if you use tubing that matches the barb size and the rated tubing hardness it's designed for. Thin wall tubing is particularly difficult to get secured to hose barbs.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 20 May 2008 - 03:19 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users