Write-Up

5 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

I've acquired four Hornets in the past year. I put them aside for later modding/integrations, but I couldn't figure out a simple way to replace the barrels well. Then, I saw Ice Nine's mod, and that motivated me to find a solution. Keep in mind, I made this mod for hornet tanks I was removing from the original hornet system, for integration purposes. Here's what to do:

I'm assuming your gun is opened up, the stock tubing is cut or has been ripped off the tanks or the firing part of the hornet, and the barrels are cut into two tank sections.

Cut the barrel right where the orange part starts. You can see the line where I cut below.

Posted Image

It should look like this. As you can see, I removed one of the pink, air restricting plates on one of the barrels. I was hesitant to do it to both because I fear it may start to leak. Does anyone know if it's okay to remove the pink part?

Posted Image

I figured out that 3/4" thinwall PVC fits very well over this piece.

Posted Image

Slide the PVC over the tank as far is it will go without forcing it, and mark the tank at the end of the PVC.

Posted Image

Pull off the PVC and line it up on the side of the tank with the mark. Put a mark on the PVC at the end point of the tank like this:

Posted Image

Measure 3/4" forward from the mark and put another mark there.

Posted Image

Now cut the PVC at the forwardmost mark on the PVC. It should measure out to be about 1 1/4" long. Glue the piece of the PVC onto the tank.

Posted Image

If your not using a CPVC coupler, you won't need to read further than the next picture. If your using a barrel that is nested inside 1/2" PVC (like brass or PETG), here's what to do. Take a 6" piece of your barrel material and nest it inside a 6" piece of PVC. Now wrap E-tape around one end of the barrel until it fits in the piece of PVC that's on the airtank. Now glue the barrel into the piece of PVC. It looks like this:

Posted Image

This is what to do if you plan to use a CPVC coupler: Wrap just 1 layer of E-tape around the CPVC coupler.

Posted Image

Now cut it down at the end of the E-tape, and remove the E-tape.

Posted Image

Wrap E-tape around the cut-down coupler until it fits into the PVC that's on the airtank.

Posted Image

Glue it in place with something strong.

Posted Image

The final product:

Posted Image

Thus concludes this write-up.

#2 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:44 AM

Bravo. That actually made alot of sense, not like others where people say something like "Now stick the screw driver into your titan barrel and fire it into the stock barrel". Touche
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#3 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

I'm surprised this didn't get more of a response, but this is really only stage one of my hornet project(s). Now that I have the barrels figured out, I have to figure out how to integrate them.......

#4 Secret Assassin

Secret Assassin

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

Nicely done. Is this the hornet that I pumped 70 times during a war?

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

I did this today, removing the pink cap is fine, no leaks what so ever.
Thanks for the write-up!
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#6 ninja mods

ninja mods

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

hey i was wondering can you just pull out the orange part of the barrels? would this break the gun? i know that it would take alot of force and it would risk breaking the gun but it would also allow you to slide in you choice of barrel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users