bbb spring, integrated sidearm

5 replies to this topic

#1 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

MY LONGSHOT MOD.
Mystefansdontflystraight's Longshot Mod.
Ok. Im new to NH, and this is my first real mod (I dont count the NF as its too simple). I make no claim to have invented this, as the BBB replacement spring is very widely used. Thanks to CaptainSlug and el swifto who made this possible.
To start out with, I modded the longshot sidearm which is really bad out of the box. It got like 20ft max.To mod that, I took it apart and took out the plunger. Then, I found the male part of the plunger and drilled down the hole in the back, widening it and pushing out the barrel post. Not ideal but still now it gets 40-45 ft on a good shot. (estimates)
Now onto the actual Longshot. I had an old BBB that I tried to do the angel mod to but just screwed it up, so I took the spring out of that, and slapped that on under the LS spring. When I tried to shoot that, It would stay cocked for about 7 seconds and then dry fire, so I deduced that the spring on the trigger plate was too weak for the job. While looking for a new spring in my nerf box, I came across my old broken sharpshooter 2. I saw this huge spring on the trigger plate and got an idea. I cut it down to the appropriate length, and china welded it in there. When I put the whole thing back together, it was too stiff for the limited movement of the trigger to move, so I took out the trigger lock to give it more movement. This made it able to fire the gun easily. My next problem was the clip. As many of you know, when you do a spring replacement, The clips no longer fit in under the bolt. I was such a noob I didn't know this, but after a few posts, CaptainSlug and el swifto told me to cut a bit off the back end of the clips. This worked very well and that problem was solved. Then, yet another issue! My clip lock wouldn't engage so my clip was stuck in the gun. After taking it apart and looking at it, the clip lock had this annoying ridge on the bottom, so I shaved that down with a knife, put it back in, and it all worked. Now that this mod is done, it fires about 80-85ft on estimate. I also did the dart attack integration. I kinda screwed up so it is butt ugly. I am currently ordering a 12 shot shotgun to do the doomsayer mod (my version anyway.) Will post pictures once I have done the paintjob.
Thanks

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 12 January 2008 - 08:41 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#2 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts
  • Location:A small town in Michigan that you've never heard of, so don't bother asking.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

Uhmmm...Good job...I guess...
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#3 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

Do you have any pictures?
Otherwise good job. B)

Edited by dart, 12 January 2008 - 07:58 PM.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#4 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

I'd like to see some pictures before I pass judgement on your mod. Sounds promising though
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

I'd like to see some pictures before I pass judgement on your mod. Sounds promising though

Thanks guys. I have also added a new barrel to it. I don't know what it is, but it came from an old hockey net of mine and fit where the sidearm used to go (its now integrated)
Thanks
MSDFS
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#6 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:07 AM

Where did you cut the clip?
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users