slowguitarman's Content

There have been 870 items by slowguitarman (Search limited from 16-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#135279 Longshot-mav Integration

Posted by slowguitarman on 08 January 2008 - 12:26 AM in Modifications

Hello, everyone!

I wanted to save my first post for when I had this thing totally done, but I feel like I have to show the unpainted one with no shotgun pump on the ls. Here is my ls: MtG-2T

Posted Image

and a close-up of the mav:

Posted Image

It is really comfy to hold and fire, and the ls trigger fires both guns. I will be covering the holes where the trigger on the mav is.

I will be adding a shotgun style grip to cock the ls, and I still have some sanding to do (as you can see some dark grey blotches where the mav meets the ls). I will also be painting it with a gen 2 Megatron paint scheme.

#135287 Longshot-mav Integration

Posted by slowguitarman on 08 January 2008 - 08:40 AM in Modifications

That looks really cool, but is it just me or does the LS clip block the Maverick from being able to be primed?

Thanks, but it doesn't block it. I cut out the back of the slide on the mav.

Posted Image

#135311 Longshot-mav Integration

Posted by slowguitarman on 08 January 2008 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

My question is where do you plan on stocking the shotgun-pump-grip?
The Maverick is sitting right where that's gone in most other mods.

I'm not sure that the draw-lengths are anywhere near close enough, but it would be cool if the same "pump" would cock both guns.

Good luck!

(Also: Props on the TF paint scheme idea.)

Thanks. I will be putting the pump for the ls right in front of the one for the mav. There is definitely enough room there for what I am going to do. I don't want one pump to prime both because I need to be able to fire my long range shots and short range shots separately. Everything will come together as soon as I get some time to finish it.

P.S. Sorry for this thread being kinda hijacked. I will delete my post and make a new topic if you would like.

#135405 Longshot-mav Integration

Posted by slowguitarman on 09 January 2008 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

I really like that LS/mav integration, and I might try it if I ever can convince my parents to let me buy another LS (Or get the gut up to chop up my original, and only one)
2 things I would change: have a ring for the mav trigger. so they can fire seperate. Also, i'd make them both cock with one action, (Like the shotgun foregrip) and use some kind of slot and peg to make up for the difference in cocking-lengths

Thanks again, but I don't like the keyring idea. I think it looks awful, and I don't want to have to pull on a ring. I like to do things that nobody else has done, and I had never seen an integration like this, and making them fire from one trigger is slightly complicated because I had to completely redo the ls trigger to accommodate the longer trigger pull on the mav. This is not an angry response :-) just saying why I did it this way, and why I am happy with it.

#136222 Longshot-mav Integration

Posted by slowguitarman on 17 January 2008 - 01:59 AM in Modifications

Also, unless you plan on keeping both guns in "as is" condition, i.e. current performance and ranges, do everything you can to both guns before trying to slap them together. Trying to open something like this up again is by no means easy or fun, unless you intend to take the time and patience build it with maintenance access in mind.

I actually did build mine with maintenance in mind. My integration is just like opening up a stock ls, but with a few extra screws. I lined up the mav perfectly under the ls, so there are still two halves to it, and since my mav is flipped, the screws are all on the same side.

Nice looking ls, by the way :-)

#136485 Lancer

Posted by slowguitarman on 19 January 2008 - 03:17 PM in Modifications

I have 3 comments/questions:

1. That is bloody awesome! I'm glad to see someone else actually molding parts together so it looks like it is supposed to be that way.

2. I think you should have done a little more sanding on the molded parts, but I am totally OCD when it comes to sanding things (I love sand paper...)

3. How long did it take you to make? I have been working on my longshot with mav integration for a few months (on and off) because molding stuff together takes a while.

and once again....amazingly beautiful work!

#136945 Zaler- Heavily Modded Longshot.

Posted by slowguitarman on 22 January 2008 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

Also you see that blue strip on the long shot in that picture. Even if you were to use hand paint and color it silver. it would really help complete the paint job. It takes like 5 minutes and makes it look so much better.

Yes! I agree. It makes the gun look so much better when that part is painted. In my opinion, that stripe sticks out like a sore thumb.

#137800 Nagant's Maverick

Posted by slowguitarman on 30 January 2008 - 09:32 AM in Modifications

Nagant’s Mav: v1.1
A Study in Failure

[Insert on mod here.../]

I was thinking about doing something like this on the mav that I integrated into my ls. This seems like a great theory. I bet it could work if it gets the right tweaking. Great work!

#137912 Homemade 8 Barrel Turret

Posted by slowguitarman on 31 January 2008 - 01:01 AM in Homemades

Almost makes me want to refine mine. Almost...
Posted Image
I too am using a plastic-on-plastic seal, which is okay.

That is one of the most beautiful turrets I have ever seen. Awesome job, to both of you guys.

#137913 Nagant's Maverick

Posted by slowguitarman on 31 January 2008 - 01:08 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the compliments Slowguitarman, and Angel...my life has meaning again! (Just kidding)

You are welcome, and thanks for this failure because I have an idea that I will probably try out on friday. I just need a new mav because I don't want to ruin the one that is jb welded to my ls.

#138787 Ultrox Quadra Cannon!

Posted by slowguitarman on 05 February 2008 - 03:56 PM in Modifications

If I remember correctly, the Ratchetblast cannot fire all 4 barrels at once, and its turret was not manually rotated.

Yeah, the ratchet blast can only fire one at a time and the turret doesn't rotate at all.

#139606 Reactor Mod- Now With Pics!

Posted by slowguitarman on 11 February 2008 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

I used a 12' cpvc barrel, put into the back. W/ 5 darts it works as a great indoor shotgun. Mine gets 80''ish.

Too bad your mod doesn't shoot much more than 6 feet. How did you measure the range if the dart was halfway down the barrel? :D

#140640 Gorilla Glue Or Epoxy?

Posted by slowguitarman on 16 February 2008 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

I prefer JB kwik. It sets pretty fast, and it is a bit more "liquidy" than most two-part epoxy, so it gets in the cracks and bonds really well.

#141074 The Vulcan

Posted by slowguitarman on 18 February 2008 - 04:43 PM in General Nerf

Typical AEGs (Non Minis) use anything from 7.2, 8.4 (common), 9.6 (Next most common), and 10.8 (rare). The D batteries may just be for working time. A homemade battery pag for your back is possible. I had one for long use times on cordless drills.

You forgot 12v battery packs. Most AEGs aren't big enough, but some are. It would be easy to add one of those to the vulcan.

#141267 The Vulcan

Posted by slowguitarman on 19 February 2008 - 03:12 PM in General Nerf

It is a ludachris idea for a weapon to expel its spent shells into a box.

You should realize that Ludachris is a no talent...

Ludachris is actually just a misspelling. The real word is "ludicrous," and the crappy rapper is "ludacris." If you are going to flame somebody for a misspelling, check your spelling first....

#141408 The Vulcan

Posted by slowguitarman on 19 February 2008 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

I'll bet the we could just remove the screws on the end pieces, overlap the ends of the webbing straps, and reassemble the ends. You would end up with a blank spot in between the two chains, but that is a small price to pay.

or you could get longer straps and have consistent belts.

#141783 The Vulcan

Posted by slowguitarman on 21 February 2008 - 06:36 PM in General Nerf

I don't know about the firefly, but the mav has an inverted plunger and the DTB has a real plunger. Not the same at all.

The firefly basically has a (bigger?) NF plunger.

This is probably a waste of time but.....

Nerf, If you are reading this...
Send me one of these. My modifications done to this will inspire others to purchase it.
You have seen what I can do.

Your Ego's really getting annoying.

I thought that I may have been the only one to think that. FA_24 does some good work, but he isn't the only good modder on here...

#142425 Iron Man Magstrike In Stores

Posted by slowguitarman on 24 February 2008 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

When is that sale going to end? It has been like, what, a month now?

It shouldn't end. The magstrikes are being clearanced. All the stores around me have sold them all in clearance sales, so I bet the online one is clearance as well.

#142893 Jspb Metal Whale

Posted by slowguitarman on 27 February 2008 - 06:04 PM in Homemades

Ranges? PSI? I need more info on the gun, but if I like it enough, I'd pay you to make me one, or show me the blueprints.

I think the shipping charges from Hong Kong would knock you sideways.

Yeah, the shipping for my tommy gun AEG was $80 from Japan, and I imagine that they'd be somewhat similar in weight. If not, the metal whale would probably be heavier.

#142995 The Vulcan

Posted by slowguitarman on 28 February 2008 - 12:43 PM in General Nerf

One thing I noticed if you guys look at 0:29 in the video you can see Titan lift his thumb up to hit that orange trigger on the top of the Vulcan. This may be hard do to for some of the younger nerfers. Looks as if it may be coming with a strap too.

I noticed that to perhaps just a button safety like on some aegs?

If it is a safety button, just rip it out. It would probably be like half of the pieces in the longshot, just open it up and take them out.

#143172 Memory Stick Problem

Posted by slowguitarman on 29 February 2008 - 07:51 AM in Off Topic

I've tried to reformat, but I can't. The PSP, the PC too, won't read it at all.

Sounds like you are screwed. Buy yourself a new stick, and redownload everything you had on it. If you bought a sony brand stick...DON'T DO IT AGAIN! Seriously, though, sandisk sticks are ten times better than sony. I have like 10 of them ranging in size from 32MB to 4GB, and I have loads of homebrew and pirated games, and I haven't had a bit a trouble.

#145184 Ordering Airsoft Guns If You're Under 18

Posted by slowguitarman on 15 March 2008 - 01:05 AM in Off Topic

... a paintball at ~200FPS.

It says on the page that it fires 11mm rounds. Those paintballs are the ones that are...about double the size of an airsoft bb. 200fps for an airsoft pellet or paintball is nothing, especially when it is an 11mm one.

#145218 Fitted Holster Shorts (fhs)

Posted by slowguitarman on 15 March 2008 - 01:06 PM in General Nerf

I had actually been wondering why this type of thing isn't talked about very much. I have never really nerf'd outside, but I used to play airsoft a ton, and I can't stand having crap in my pockets. While others were fumbling for more ammo or wiggling their sidearm out of their pocket, I was blasting them with my glock. This is a really great idea.

#145220 Cardboard Armor?

Posted by slowguitarman on 15 March 2008 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I made a cardboard spartan suit for a Halloween party I went to last year and we actually jokingly nerfed before the party. Not only was the armor cumbersome and hot as hell, but it limits your movement so much that it's not practical by any means.

*edit*
Now, put everyone in cardboard armor and you have yourself a new and ridiculous gametype. We tried it and I definitely kicked Optimus Prime's ass. It's cool...we're still friends, though.

Posted Image

That picture really proves the point that kids will throw away the toy and play with the box that it came in...even if the kids grow old.

#145511 Longshot/recon Clips Back In Stock?

Posted by slowguitarman on 17 March 2008 - 08:08 AM in General Nerf

If you take about 2 seconds to actually read the page, it says that they will ship at the beginning of June.

#145535 Longshot/recon Clips Back In Stock?

Posted by slowguitarman on 17 March 2008 - 02:21 PM in General Nerf

Hey, if you can read the entire page in 2 seconds, I'm impressed. At which nano-second did you reach the part where it says "CAUTION: Do not look directly at the sun. This is not a protective device."?

Thanks for pointing out my small error. I just saw that the ugly "Out of Stock" line was gone and got so excited that I forgot how to read, but this still means that the things are going to be back in stock, which is a good thing.

Yeah, I was excited too, but I didn't read the whole page in two seconds. My eyes go straight to where the out of stock things used to be, but now there is something that says when they ship.

#145713 Music

Posted by slowguitarman on 18 March 2008 - 07:48 PM in Off Topic

I know this is kinda old, so I apologize. I thought I would share my music, though. In my three music videos, there is probly something for just about everyone, and I am thinking about using one of the riffs from one of my videos to do a nerfhaven song. I hope somebody enjoys my crappy singing/ guitaring. http://youtube.com/user/PopeJimXXII

#145768 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by slowguitarman on 19 March 2008 - 05:39 AM in Off Topic

I have a 1997 Saturn SL2. You can't find that kind of acceleration anywhere....except maybe on a Ford Fiesta...

#145902 Music

Posted by slowguitarman on 19 March 2008 - 09:21 PM in Off Topic

I know this is kinda old, so I apologize. I thought I would share my music, though. In my three music videos, there is probly something for just about everyone, and I am thinking about using one of the riffs from one of my videos to do a nerfhaven song. I hope somebody enjoys my crappy singing/ guitaring. http://youtube.com/user/PopeJimXXII

Wow, not bad. Is that an Ibanez acoustic? It's pretty nice.

Ok, I forget if I posted in here or not, so I will now. I play(ed) the Clarinet in my school band, I play the harmonica, and I'm learning guitar.

Thanks. It is actually a Yamaha guitar. The action on it is awful, but it sounds really nice. I have three Ibanez electric guitars. The one that I use in the electric guitar video is an Ibanez.

#145937 Music

Posted by slowguitarman on 20 March 2008 - 08:09 AM in Off Topic

I have an old RG560 that I refinished in a worn-out looking brown color (beautiful....), and I have an sz (I have no idea what model number, but that is the guitar in the video), and I have an art300. It looks like a Les Paul. It is brown and the wood is textured kinda like croc skin.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#146120 Music

Posted by slowguitarman on 21 March 2008 - 10:02 AM in Off Topic

You can't beat the classics like Zeppelin, Nugent, and Floyd!

Ha Ha good one.

Yeah, he is a good one. He is very good, in fact.

#146162 Longshot Modification.

Posted by slowguitarman on 21 March 2008 - 03:03 PM in Modifications

by the way, friendly neighbourhood grammar-nazi, i wrote 2ndary to save time.

If you don't use grammar-nazi-esque skills here, you are in for a bad time. Don't be lazy. You can't be busy enough that four extra letters will waste too much time.

#146221 Nerf Losing

Posted by slowguitarman on 21 March 2008 - 10:00 PM in General Nerf

It happens in almost every auction. It's called bid "snlping"

Yep, and if you have a brain, that is how you will bid. There are lots of advantages to doing it. You can't get caught up in a bidding war if you bid in the last few seconds. You can just decide on the most you want to spend, and if you win it for that, then you win. If not, you don't have to worry about spending $50 when you originally planned on spending $25.

#146464 Music

Posted by slowguitarman on 23 March 2008 - 04:53 PM in Off Topic

Hey shadowkid33, if you didn't get enough money for your strat, then you could get a Ibanez RG4 series one. I just sold one on craigslist for 250. It had a real nice tone to it, not as good as my strat or Les Paul, but still very nice for the price of it.
On topic:
The music I play is classic hard rock and anything Red Hot Chili Peppers. You can't beat the classics like Zeppelin, Nugent, and Floyd!

I'm still saving up the $400 for a Strat, but I'm leaning towards getting an Ibanez RG350DX instead of a Strat. It's the same price, but It's also more oriented to Rock music, which is what I intend to play.

Most guitars aren't really oriented toward anything (in my opinion). I would go with the Ibanez, though (not that I am a fan haha), but it has humbuckers which are 10x more versatile than single-coils. It also has a floyd rose which you can...put a block under and imagine that it isn't there...

#146499 Ls Modding Question

Posted by slowguitarman on 23 March 2008 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

What adhesive would you guys recommend? This seems like a bit of a tall order for ordinary super glue. I thought about using hot glue, but I want something more precise. Also, short of a dremel, which everyone and their uncle seems to have on the site, do you think some clever hacksaw work would be appropriate?

If I understand what he is saying, I think you should be able to use a hacksaw, but it will be a bit tougher (as always when it comes to a hacksaw vs. a dremel). You should use JB weld or JB kwik. They are both bloody strong. I wouldn't recommend hot glue because it can flex and wear out, but JB kwik should be fine.

#146522 Ls Modding Question

Posted by slowguitarman on 23 March 2008 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

i used hot glue and a hacksaw. it was not tough at all...

I didn't say it was tougher, but using a hacksaw is more time-consuming than a using dremel 99% of the time.

#146732 Music

Posted by slowguitarman on 24 March 2008 - 08:15 PM in Off Topic

Most guitars aren't really oriented toward anything (in my opinion). I would go with the Ibanez, though (not that I am a fan haha), but it has humbuckers which are 10x more versatile than single-coils. It also has a floyd rose which you can...put a block under and imagine that it isn't there...

Yeah, I'm definatelly looking for a guitar with humbuckers at this point. The tremelo on that model isn't a true FR. It's an Edge III, which is similar to the Floyd Rose.

The Ibanez edge is just their version of a floyd rose. I just refer to all floating tremolos as floyd roses. Whammy bars don't do much for me except tick me off when I want to change string guages, so I stuck a bottle cap under the one on my RG.

#146813 Colored Hot Glue

Posted by slowguitarman on 25 March 2008 - 10:21 AM in General Nerf

I have been to every craft store within 50 miles of my apartment with no luck in finding any colored glue. Michael's , A.C. Moore, Jo Anne's...nobody has anything. In fact, wal mart has the largest selection of hot glue, but they just have different sizes.

#147078 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by slowguitarman on 26 March 2008 - 10:46 AM in General Nerf

I read this earlier, and I expected it to be locked as soon as OMC got on, but I guess not, so I will give my two cents.

1) What do you think of real guns? I think real guns are great. I enjoy hunting, and I like to shoot in my backyard. I can't think of much of a better day than to go to my house and shoot guns with my dad. I am totally for people carrying concealed weapons(with a permit, of course). People that go through the legal stuff to obatin and carry a firearm, they are probably not going to go out anytime soon and blast a pedestrian.

2) Do you think that nerf guns promote gun related violence? No. As someone already said, some people are just more violent than others. Some people also grow up in different environments, and that contributes more than any toy gun will.
3) What is your opinion on the newer more "realistic" N-strike lineup? I am a big fan of the looks and comfort. As you will see with my ls-mav integration that I will post when I get it painted, I love cosmetics. I love the way my gun looks. It just wouldn't be the same if I had done the same thing to an xbow.
4) Nerf is generally considered a toy for boys, so alot of feminists think that toy guns promote the whole "men are powerful" idea in young boys, do you think this is true? My sister and one of my best girl friends both love guns. She and I nerf all the time. It isn't the fault of a man that he likes guns. Maybe women should try getting into more "powerful" hobbies...
5) What do you think about guns in general? They are good when you consult your brain before using them. A lot of gun related accidents occur because of stupid people. If you have kids, but you want to get a gun for protection, don't hide it. Kids look around. If they find the gun and don't know how it works, they will want to try it out. When I was around 7-8 or so, my dad bought a .45. I had been shooting rifles for a while, but I hadn't really shot pistols. When my dad got the gun, he showed it to my sister and I, and told us not to touch. We then shot a jug of water, and he said that we could be like that water jug. Showing us what it did let us know that it wasn't a toy, and it could be bad if we touched it. Guns don't advocate violence. Ignorant and foolish people advocate violence.

#147235 Nite Mav Questions

Posted by slowguitarman on 27 March 2008 - 09:32 AM in Modifications

edit: Waste of space.