This always kind of just rages me. I personally don't like -real- guns and I would never buy one, but I like nerf guns for their novelty. I like that I can shoot my friends without actually hurting them, and for fairly cheap. I've tried airsoft, and paintball, and although they can be fun, it's expensive, and painful to get shot by either. I'd also like to add that you can't really bring either outside without the cops bothering you. Now we all know that the recent N-strike nerf lineup looks "semi-realistic", but it's still is very cartoony. If you look on the side of most n-strike guns you can clearly read "enlist, engage, enforce" or something like that, and I think that all of us here have noticed this. However, I've been nerfing for the past 10 years and I still remember the animal shaped guns, so I know that nerf hasn't been going this route forever.
So now to my question.
1) What do you think of real guns?
2) Do you think that nerf guns promote gun related violence?
3) What is your opinion on the newer more "realistic" N-strike lineup?
4) Nerf is generally considered a toy for boys, so alot of feminists think that toy guns promote the whole "men are powerful" idea in young boys, do you think this is true?
5) What do you think about guns in general( EDIT: nerf, airsoft, paintball, laser)?
I'm just curious as to what you all at Nerfhaven think about this.
EDIT:I wasn't trying to over analyze, these are just questions people have asked me. I gave answers like "toy guns don't make kids into killers", and "The n-strike series doesn't give me the urge to join the army." but I was just curious as to what you all thought.
Also, I don't personally own a real gun, nor do I plan to own one. However, I was curious as to how many of you actually own real guns. I know a large majority of us at nerfhaven are age 21+, and do airsoft and paintball, so yeah...
Edited by Trevor, 26 March 2008 - 02:45 PM.