#1 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

First:
http://nerfhaven.com...&hl=hell cannon V1
http://nerfhaven.com...0cannon&st=1050 V2

I decided to give it a name, Zaler, mainly because it has a major integration, large amounts of bodywork and, considering the 20 plus hours of work I put into it, I think it has out performed its previous name.

This is mainly to showcase my new modular under gun addition, which is a hornet.
The Longshot has an Angel Breech and a BBB spring added, and AR removed. Lately I had to rework part of the breech, because one of my darts was too tight, and the barrel was just blown right out. Other than the body work, it is not much different than anyone else’s, honestly, but the body work is what sets it apart from the others. That and the modular system that I added, originally developed by Kalentar 13: http://nerfhaven.com...0349&hl=modular

The bodywork that was done is mostly what people normally do if they want to do the front gun integration, but my gun is shortened considerably, so to hook any medium to heavy weight gun to it, I would need the front attachment. It is the same as in Version 2, just with the catches on it. The paint job isn't perfect, because this was mainly performance modded, and I believed that It needed a good paint job. It's looks aren't quite at the top of the priority list, and I know it has some flaws.

How the blast chambers are hooked up: (two are broken)
Posted Image
I used a few "T" barbed couplers, three to be exact, to hook all the chambers up. All of the ratcheting mechanism is removed, along with all of the blast buttons except for one, which is where the trigger used to be.
The blast button used for the trigger is made with that "t" piece that is like a spout and it connects to the titan. I just cut off the spout and epoxied a blast button onto it so that it is perpendicular to the tubing at the top.

Room for the tubing and the gap cut for the hornet:
Posted Image
The hole I cut in the bottom is completely covered by the Hornet, so it doesn't hurt the looks at all. All of the holes are the result from a few failed tries to attach the roller catches.

The Hornet itself:
Posted Image
The hornet's blast chambers are connected together and are run to a blast button, which extends through the original trigger hole. The hornet piece is completely self contained, with the exception of the pump, which I have not found. It has a barbed coupler to connect some tubing to the pump. The couple can be seen sticking out of the hornet in the last picture, just forward of the magazine. It's yellow.

The gun in all its beauty:
Posted Image

I still need a pump for the Hornet, but the Longshot gets at least 90ft, I’m assuming that the Hornet get normal ranges, maybe a bit more or less.

I might sell it if i get a good offer, or if I can't find a war anywhere nearby soon (Indiana or Ohio). The parts and paint alone are worth a good $80 and 20 hours of work... Well, you decide for yourself.

EDIT: Added some things.

EDIT: Just let me say that the paint is the same, it was just glare from the camera that made it look like that.

Comments? Criticism? Advice? Donations?

Edited by Maeric, 23 January 2008 - 03:40 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#2 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

That is on of the cleanest integrations I've ever seen. my hat's off to you.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#3 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

The hornet looks fucking menacing there.
NIce job.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

Yes! I have been waiting for this!

It looks awesome, but you need more red. Its supposed to be Hell Cannon 3, right???

What did you do to the Hornet?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

Sorry if the original post didnt answer your questions, I went though and added a bunch of details about the tubing and the triggering system.

Keef: I told you to be patient! And it payed off. This is, in essence, Hell Cannon 3, but i just decided to give a new name, with all of the work that went into it, along with the original mods. I just cut it down and spliced the tubing... And added the catches.

Edit: Jesus! I just cant seem to get everything the first time I post!

Edited by Maeric, 22 January 2008 - 07:44 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#6 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Holy Christmonkies. I've seen some crazy integrations, but Marty McFuckingFLY, you've got something there.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#7 Kalentar13

Kalentar13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

That is beautiful. I didn't ever think of putting a Hornet on my LS. This is far better than my original design. Where did you get the ideas for the front gun addition?
The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings and Be the Vengeful Striking Hammer of God.

#8 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:51 PM

Added some more.

Omega: Thank you.

Kalentar 13: You need to get any easier to spell name. :P Anyway, if you mean the part helping to hold up the Hornet, then thats just the original front gun, just minimized. If you meant the Hornet, I just had a screwed up Hornet laying around with 4 good chambers and a bland looking LS, soooo it was kind of natural for me.

I wouldn't say that it's better than your design, only a bit cleaner. Plus I have to give you props for coming up with it. I was looking for some latch-type devices for another project of mine (BASR in my signature) and I passed by this type several times without giving it much thought.

EDIT: Does anyone have any offers or up and coming wars for the Indiana/Ohio area?

Edited by Maeric, 22 January 2008 - 09:01 PM.

#9 Kalentar13

Kalentar13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:00 PM

I've considered switching my name to K13, given I use it a lot now, but have no idea how to do so.

This is such a good idea. I considered doing a minimized hornet on mine, but never got the hornet, so that project died. The RF 20 is almost done now.

I'll have to send you the specs when I finished Modular V.2
The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings and Be the Vengeful Striking Hammer of God.

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

Nice work so far but it isn't finished!
How do you pump the hornet?

A few recommendations. When you paint two guns that are going to be connected be sure you use the same color of black on both guns. It looks like flat black and gloss black were used.

Also you see that blue strip on the long shot in that picture. Even if you were to use hand paint and color it silver. it would really help complete the paint job. It takes like 5 minutes and makes it look so much better.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

Also you see that blue strip on the long shot in that picture. Even if you were to use hand paint and color it silver. it would really help complete the paint job. It takes like 5 minutes and makes it look so much better.

Yes! I agree. It makes the gun look so much better when that part is painted. In my opinion, that stripe sticks out like a sore thumb.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#12 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

I would just like to point out that i haven't gotten a suitable pump for the Hornet yet (considering i destroyed my other one :cry: ).

Kalentar: Sounds good to me. I love the idea of a RF20 on a LS. That would be beastly. Send pictures too! it sounds freaking awesome.

FA24: It is actually completely finished, with the exception of the pump. I though about painting the bolt sled, but never got around to it. The colors aren't different, I just put a little more enamel "clear coat" stuff on it that the main LS. In person, the paint meshes perfectly, its just that the flash on my camera is completely overpowered and I caught the clear coat just right.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys!
I'll be posting new images when I find the pump and fix the bolt sled...

#13 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

I have a hornet pump I'd sell to you. PM me.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#14 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

I have an extra magstrike pump if you are in need of one.

Edited by Prometheus, 23 January 2008 - 04:53 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#15 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

If possible, you should try to hook it up to a backpack tank like CS's Humpty Dumpty.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#16 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

That is the most badass integration I've ever seen. I had a similar idea, but my Hornet is broken and my LS is missing lots of parts.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#17 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

Very impressive integration! Nice paint job too.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#18 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

Well...What's bigger, a Magstrike or a Hornet pump? I'd need it with some tubing attached, about 1/2 inch at least.

The back pack idea would never work unless I got a sort of ball valve-type something that kept all of the air from leaking out.

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

Mine has the tubing removed, but I have another magstrike pump that has been coupler modded with a barbed hose fitting epoxied on and it can now accept 1/4" vinyl tubing. I might have a 1/4" to 1/8" reducer kicking around. I also believe the magstrike has a larger pump, but not exactly sure, never opened my hornet.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#20 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Alright. I'm not sure what the size is for the Hornet.... Lemme check....I'm not sure what the actual tubing size is, but i use 1/8 barbed couplings, so that'll work... If my parents aren't so stingy with PayPal I'll buy it. (Goddamn i need my own account)

So yeah, if you can get it to 1/8" for me, that would be great. Don't bother until I ask my parents though... Sooo stingy...

#21 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

Necro.... With good reason. And pictures!

Well, since I posted this beast, I had to completely re-work the breech and paint the bolt sled. I got around to buying a couple of AT2K’s so I decided to use one of the pumps. I had to make some small modifications too…

This is how I modified my Hornet:

Slice the pump open and let’s get to work!
Posted Image

You’ll need to but down the little nub-like think sticking off of the stopper (check valve, the circular black piece in the end of the pump). Cut it off right above the barbed piece, and stick it back in. It may take a bit of work. Epoxy it back up.
Posted Image

Take a small piece of Cpvc (¼- ½”) and use the pump to ram it down the pump tube to the end. This will keep the pump from knocking the stopper loose.
Posted Image

Cut down the Hornet shell where the pump tube goes, so that the AT pump can fit most of the way up.
Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Take the Hornet pump handle and replace the o-ring with the AT o-ring, and take of the handle. Cut down the shaft as desired and drill new holes for the handle to sit in.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Go ahead and try putting the pump in the shell and see if it fits.
Posted Image

Attaching the Blast chambers. It’s pretty much self explanatory, nothing fancy here.
Posted Image

Making the trigger:
Take the pieces outlined in blue, and cut off where the red lines are. It’s not really that hard.
Posted Image
(This is Telekinetic’s picture)

The take the blast button and epoxy it on to the stub left from the tee in the tubing so that the blast button runs parallel to the tubing. Like so:
Posted Image

Drill a small hole and put a screw in there (one with the big heads) and make a cradle for it in the case out of epoxy putty, hot glue, or whatever you want to use. Use a few barbed connectors to attach the pump, and your ready to go! Give it a killer paintjob and hook it up to a Longshot, and you’ve got a kick-ass primary!

As a note on the whole “Longshot has no accuracy” thing, mine is extremely accurate, I can hit a 1x1” square from 25ft, no problem, and the dart only strays about 2’ max (with no wind) when it gets out to about 100’.

Edited by Maeric, 06 March 2008 - 06:59 PM.

#22 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

Looks good.

I really need to get around to brassing my longshot, how's the glue you used holding up (did you use fishin' glue?)?

They're great guns, and I'd be happy if they were even remotely accurate within 40'.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users