Ls Modding Question

Front Gun Integration?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

Okay, I know there's a number of topics on this specific thing, but I feel I should ask specifically for what I want to do vs what others do. I'd like to do something similar to Dart Attack's Mod but I don't want to fire both from the same trigger. I want to integrate the front gun in a way that makes it so I can still use a decent trigger assembly AND make it look badass as hell.

Any suggestions or pictures that could help me?

PS. This is my second major mod. My first was moving the second barrel of my SS1 up so I could fire both out the front. It still needs some work, but overall it was a success.
Gimme back my bullets....

#2 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:36 PM

Use a rope and a key ring... It worked fine for me until I ripped it off and put a titan on the bottom.

#3 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

Yep, I can.

Right behind the circular nob on the front gun, cut some of the plastic loose.

Then take some Thick grade wire(like 1/8 of an inch), or plastic.

Press the wire to a 7or L shape(angle slightly less than 90 degrees) (1 wire thick on the top, 2 wide on the base for the 7 shape)

Then, cut down the trigger piece inside the front gun(has a notch that the handle will lock into, it is orange) to be just barely longer than where the notching begins.

Take your favorite adhesive, and glue your 7 piece to the orange piece. Make sure you glue it both to the vertical wall, as well as the horizontal part.

Then, wrap the new wire trigger in electrical tape several times.

Posted Image

See the trigger in front of the clip hole.

Hope that helps. Sorry I don't have internal shots. I don't have the gun on me right now.

Edited by AJAQ, 21 March 2008 - 02:48 PM.

~AJAQ~

#4 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

What adhesive would you guys recommend? This seems like a bit of a tall order for ordinary super glue. I thought about using hot glue, but I want something more precise. Also, short of a dremel, which everyone and their uncle seems to have on the site, do you think some clever hacksaw work would be appropriate?

#5 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

What adhesive would you guys recommend? This seems like a bit of a tall order for ordinary super glue. I thought about using hot glue, but I want something more precise. Also, short of a dremel, which everyone and their uncle seems to have on the site, do you think some clever hacksaw work would be appropriate?

If I understand what he is saying, I think you should be able to use a hacksaw, but it will be a bit tougher (as always when it comes to a hacksaw vs. a dremel). You should use JB weld or JB kwik. They are both bloody strong. I wouldn't recommend hot glue because it can flex and wear out, but JB kwik should be fine.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

i used hot glue and a hacksaw. it was not tough at all...

#7 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

Medium build extreme power instant adhesive is what I use. Has held up for a year now.

Hobby lobby carries it, in a clear bottle with green label and cap.

Edited by AJAQ, 23 March 2008 - 08:54 PM.

~AJAQ~

#8 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

I didn't say it was tougher, but using a hacksaw is more time-consuming than a using dremel 99% of the time.

#9 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:26 PM

If I understand what he is saying, I think you should be able to use a hacksaw, but it will be a bit tougher (as always when it comes to a hacksaw vs. a dremel). You should use JB weld or JB kwik. They are both bloody strong. I wouldn't recommend hot glue because it can flex and wear out, but JB kwik should be fine.

Medium build extreme power instant adhesive is what I use. Has held up for a year now.

Hobby lobby carries it, in a clear bottle with green label and cap.

I could likely get both kinds of adhesive at my local hobby store and I doubt either one costs more than $5 a bottle. I have kind of a bad track record with fast drying glues though... well, no time like the present to fix it, right?

I didn't say it was tougher, but using a hacksaw is more time-consuming than a using dremel 99% of the time.

Using a hacksaw isn't that difficult, especially considering the amount of metalworking I normally do. All plastic really is is a softer version of metal (I know someone is going to tag me on this) so using a hacksaw seems fitting. Hacksaws work well on PVC and CPVC, although PVC clippers work better.

Anyway, thx for the advice guys, I'll see what i can come up with and post pictures once I get it finished. I admit I'm a little nervous about doing this, considering it's my first mod involving real tools.

#10 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

((Sry for the double post, but i felt it was better to bump my old topic than start a new one))

Okay, I hit a bit of a snag with my Longshot modding. I miscut the front gun, it fits nice and tight on one side, but on the other there's about a 5/8" gap. I remember a while back seeing someone had used Bondo to fix a similar problem and I was wondering if you guys could once again point me in the right direction. Pics of Bondo use would be much appreciated.

Edited by Bullet Dragon, 05 May 2008 - 07:32 PM.

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

((Sry for the double post, but i felt it was better to bump my old topic than start a new one))

Okay, I hit a bit of a snag with my Longshot modding. I miscut the front gun, it fits nice and tight on one side, but on the other there's about a 5/8" gap. I remember a while back seeing someone had used Bondo to fix a similar problem and I was wondering if you guys could once again point me in the right direction. Pics of Bondo use would be much appreciated.

You just mix it up, fill the gaps with it and then sand it down smooth. Most people don't sand it down because they are too lazy and don't care what their blasters look like, but it makes it look way better. Here is an old pic of my mav/ls integration. I used JB Kwik, but it is used just like Bondo.
Posted Image

#12 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

how much open time have you go with bondo and JB kwik?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users