New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Finally some news everyone wants

335 replies to this topic

#151 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:53 PM

Perhaps this should have been stated earlier. The rails on this gun are like on the normal LS. You would need to take an inverse rail, such as from the top of a Crossfire or from an LS scope, glue it to your gun/accessory, and then slide that onto the rail on the RC.

that or the rails from the sight and the 'laser" can be used if they turn out to be pretty much useless. Who knows though right?

#152 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:04 AM

I was just providing examples, but yes. However, I would leave one on the "laser." Even if it turns out to be a POS, which there is a 99.99% chance of happening, then it provides a readily available shells for an integration or replacement.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#153 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

I wonder if the laser on the RC will be the same as the NF.
kthxbaisend

#154 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:25 AM

I was just providing examples, but yes. However, I would leave one on the "laser." Even if it turns out to be a POS, which there is a 99.99% chance of happening, then it provides a readily available shells for an integration or replacement.

Oh I know, I just wanted to feel good about contributing to the discussion. That's looking at the bright side though. If it is in fact useless, like you stated, it's a shell for integration which is also removable. I'm pretty psyched for that.

#155 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

The only thing I could ask for now is a rerelease of the airtech series and some chain guns.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#156 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

I would request an
EAB
SM1.5K
SM750
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#157 mp130

mp130

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:57 PM

The only thing I could ask for now is a rerelease of the airtech series and some chain guns.

Amen. I really need to expand my arsenal, and a new real nerf gun would help. Plus the thing looks cool. Plus I have a slightly messed up LS, so I could have some fun with the internals...
QUOTE(DJRayza @ May 2 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
the range is to that of a midget hurling a small cow

#158 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:13 AM

I think one of the most important questions about the stock is... Will it have space for a double clip?
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#159 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

No. I know that I have not seen the gun in person, but look where they put the lock for the spare mag. It's halfway between the grip and the shoulder rest. The double-mag would hit the grip before it fit in there..
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

#160 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:30 PM

I don't really like the look of the stock. The way the mag is going to fit in there is something I don't like either. If I ever get one I may just replace it with a spare m4 stock I've got lying around.

#161 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:21 PM

Well, you could always NOT use the stock. I wonder if a handle would fit were the laser goes? I'm guessing you don't need to have the sight on. Looks like a pain.

OMC: wait, you held it but didn't shoot it? Or did i read wrong?
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#162 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:57 PM

Well, you could always NOT use the stock. I wonder if a handle would fit were the laser goes? I'm guessing you don't need to have the sight on. Looks like a pain.

OMC: wait, you held it but didn't shoot it? Or did i read wrong?

I love your avatar reminds me of the first super smash bro in the retro stage.

Anyways, yeah you read wrong, OMC held the gun not shot it.

Man I would love for Hasbro to re-release the X-Bow. Man how that would change the nerfing experiance; in a good and bad way.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#163 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

Well of course I could do that, but from what I can see I don't think it will be too hard to fabricate a removable stock using the existing stock components.

Has Hasbro ever even rereleased any blasters? I'm just curious, and not saying it in a jackass sarcastic sort of manner. Just wanted to clarify that.

Edited by Cannonball, 15 November 2007 - 09:50 PM.

#164 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

Well of course I could do that, but from what I can see I don't think it will be too hard to fabricate a removable stock using the existing stock components.

Has Hasbro ever even rereleased any blasters? I'm just curious, and not saying it in a jackass sarcastic sort of manner. Just wanted to clarify that.

Well....umm....duh.

-RF20
-BBB
-That ball shooter (Forgot the name)
-Magstrike (PC)
-Others I forgot.

I could be wrong depending on what exactly you're stating as Re-Released.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#165 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

Also
Airtech 2K
Airtech 3K
Atom blaster?
SNAP Shotgun

#166 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:24 PM

Reactor...

ON TOPIC:

I was thinking that Hasbro should be stocking shelves with the extra clips or include 2 + in them.

Also...

Has anyone put 3 clips together to make 2 9-10 shot clips?!?
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#167 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

A double magazine is 12 shots. Trips would be in the 18+ range, but the spring problems and sheer size make it impractical. Do two double magazines spaced next to each other by PVC. (Not my idea, but I can't remember who thought of the PVC spacers.)

Also, I doubt that they are going to go back and add a second mag to the package. They might make the move to stock stores with the spares, but I wouldn't bet on it until we get some more info.

#168 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:55 PM

The idea SHA was to make the 3 clips into 2 clips that can hold 9 shots. This way you can use the stock on the longshot and the RC so you can actually HOLD two clips. The fun part of this is you would gain clip capacity AND still keep the convenience of the clips. I don't see a downside other than slight difficulties in cutting the spring so it would function properly. Two 9 shot clips readily available compared to three 6 shot clips, one 12 shot clip, or two 6 shot clips We Owned the Other Team= WOOT!
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#169 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

No. Too much work, too easy to screw up, not enough gain. Use the 6-round mags or the 12-rounders. I'm not going to stop you from trying, but it's a waste of time.

#170 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:20 PM

Do you think the RC will be hard (like a ls) to mod, or easy (since it's technically only a pistol)?

Edited by n-strike, 15 November 2007 - 11:20 PM.

kthxbaisend

#171 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:05 AM

Most likely hard. Its almost like a bolt action pistol, only with a slide. I'm hoping the slide is stronger than say, a mavrick.

Quilan: 2k? I don't see those around were i live, only the 3k. Any places your specfing.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#172 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

Kohls.com
SNAP Shotgun

#173 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Many Nerf guns aren't "rereleased" so to say but rather repackaged, repainted, and maybe tweaked slightly then put back on the market. Nerf has a tendency to do that, they'll take out an old design and simply regurgitate it. Like the Buzz Saw for example, all it is a Rip Saw which has been given a different paint scheme. If you look at Orange's Nerf page from some of the oldest lines to the newest you'll find many of the same designs repeated again and again... Unfortunately I really haven't seen many designs which appeal to us here except for the Nitefinder, it's all failed marketing which they decide to give another go.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#174 the nerf god

the nerf god

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

i'd buy one, go onto amazon to pre-order one!

Edited by the nerf god, 17 November 2007 - 08:30 PM.

"DO YOU HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO JOIN THE HOMESTARMY?THE GUTS?THE DETERMINATION?THE FIVE BUCKS?JOIN TODAY!"-homestarrunner

#175 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:21 AM

Looks awsome. Can't wait.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users