WEASEL's Content

There have been 136 items by WEASEL (Search limited from 11-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47307 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by WEASEL on 15 February 2005 - 06:40 PM in General Nerf

And homemades. I hope I didn't kill someone's house with that new burst disc gun, better switch to megas.

#24996 Were To Get A Petg

Posted by WEASEL on 27 April 2004 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

I'm not going to bother.

I am. Order it from IronRhino. You can probably PM him

#43655 Using A Silencer

Posted by WEASEL on 09 December 2004 - 07:35 PM in Homemades

Zero's Silencer Writeup
This is a good place to start. Felt works well in Zero's design. A hole-y tube with foam pipe insulation around it works well too.

Wait, don't real silencers have holes in a piece of "pipe" the same ID as the barrel? Otherwise the air would just escape around the bullet when the bullet reached the larger silencer tube. Has anyone tried Zero's silencer because I have a feeling that it might not work with the piece of pipe that has the holes in it is 3/4". But if the pipe on the silencer with holes in it was the size of your barrel, the dart wouldn't have enought momentum to make it throught the barrel with all the friction and no air presure behind it and it would probably get caught on the holes. Just my two cents on this issue.

#46299 Tracer Dart

Posted by WEASEL on 19 January 2005 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

Sorry to bring back an old topic but how long does the glow in the dark glow last. I don't mean if you can see it like a foot away but a resonable amount of glow.

IDIT: I tryed to find a place that sells glow in the dark hot glue but I couldn't find any. Also the link for the site mentioned earlyer doesn't work. Does anyone know of a site that sell this stuff. Sorry, again, for bringing back a old thread.

#46462 They Came, The Annoyed Us, And They Left...

Posted by WEASEL on 24 January 2005 - 12:20 PM in Off Topic

Whered they all go? Aside from the scant few we civilized, I don't see the noobs anymore.. did they just leave?

DELETED!!! Plus we stopped accepting more members untill Karma is up.

#46621 Stefan Darts

Posted by WEASEL on 27 January 2005 - 11:01 PM in Homemades

Cut darts, put unweighted darts in shoe box, cut hole that fits your hair drier in middle of lid, check after a while/aim hair drier. I tried it and it worked for me. I think the pores in the foam heat expand and straighten the foam, forever! Your darts may be a little bit fatter but that is the price to pay for straight darts/accuracy.

#47675 Springs

Posted by WEASEL on 21 February 2005 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

If you want to cut springs, I would suggest un-tempering them to get the tempering out. Just heat it untill they turn red and then just bend them back and forth untill it breaks. I tried everything to cut a spring but nothing worked. Man those things are @#$%&*! hard!!!

#110630 Solenoid/sprinkler Valve Problems

Posted by WEASEL on 10 June 2007 - 10:50 PM in Homemades

I don't know what brand of solenoid valve you bought but I believe I can help you anyway. If you know how a solenoid valve works then you know that a small amount of air comes from the inlet and goes through a hole in the diaphragm to the top of the valve above the diaphragm. I had a similar problem to yours and i solved it by making that hole bigger. On mine, (it was green, orbit watermaster i believe) i just removed a little piece of plastic that was in the hole(some sort of filter i believe, but its for dirt when using the valve for water so it just restricted airflow). If you don't have this piece of plastic and just a hole you can just make it a little bit bigger, but not too much, trial and error might be a good idea. I hope this solves your problem.

#44131 Sliding Tubing

Posted by WEASEL on 15 December 2004 - 10:35 PM in Homemades

You want it to be 1/2 pvc so that you can can shoot megas? I haven't found any yet but if I do I shall tell you. <_<

He didn't mention anything about shooting megas, and 1/2" PVC is pretty common.

#44105 Sliding Tubing

Posted by WEASEL on 15 December 2004 - 06:45 PM in Homemades

If you mean tight as in like, no air escapes, I can't help you. But boltsniper used two peices of pvc for his bolt action on his rifle. I know it's probalby not what you want if you want something air tight.

#73991 Sledgehammer

Posted by WEASEL on 23 February 2006 - 03:29 PM in Homemades

So your going to have the spring piston that supplies the air connected to the dart fireing thingey ma bob by using a hose? I have thought of using this idea many times to conserve space and make a more pistol like homemade, but never got around to it. I've always wondered if it would restrict air flow or have too much expansion area in the tube. I would love to see how these work if you ever give them a shot. Great work, and good job actually having a plan and not just some vauge waving hands in air description.

#37894 Size Of Vinyl Tubing

Posted by WEASEL on 27 September 2004 - 08:40 PM in Homemades

If you used a smaller diamiter tubeing, it would restrict airflow.

#46577 Simple Homemades

Posted by WEASEL on 26 January 2005 - 09:29 PM in Homemades

Ok, I tried to explain one I made but just look in the homemades section and put a bike pump (small) where the tank is and then attach the hose to a tubeless tire valve in a 3/4 end-cap and find some adapter to go into the hose valve and the hose valve should be big enough to propel a dart pretty far. Use brass for the barrel and it will fit inside a hose-to-1/2-pvc addapter. linky

#46585 Simple Homemades

Posted by WEASEL on 26 January 2005 - 11:22 PM in Homemades

That colored fine arts craft foam isn't avavilable unless you buy it from shortshit.

Craft? As in craft store? Sounds like you could buy it at a craft store...

Now foam backer rod in colors in 1/2in is only found at la shoppe de shortshit.

#18812 Sick Nades

Posted by WEASEL on 11 February 2004 - 10:23 PM in Homemades

By parts he means a fraction. For example, if you had 2 parts flour and 1 part suger then that would mean that of your total mixture you would have 2/3 flour and 1/3 suger.

#76603 Shwifty

Posted by WEASEL on 17 March 2006 - 02:08 AM in Site Feedback

This is irrelivent, but i just coated chapstick in plastidip.

I think that post right there would justify my answer. He has done nothing but ask questions for his entire stay (even though thats what most people do). It seems that if you wanted a new, contributing, member, he's not the one. And that wherehouse thing.....

#47088 Shotgun

Posted by WEASEL on 10 February 2005 - 06:48 PM in Homemades

Double post, double post, triple post, nice. I think that it looks a little big but hey, its a cannon. Why can't you get ranges, don't you have a tape measure, or feet? Anyway, good job.

#52526 Shoring Up Aging Micro-darts

Posted by WEASEL on 14 April 2005 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

May I just comment on your high school's 150+ participant nerf war. I have never heard of such a thing and that would be awsome. Could you give me some details of rules and such because I would have no idea how to play with that many people. Also where do you play?

#73934 Shooting Micros With 1/2" Pvc

Posted by WEASEL on 22 February 2006 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

You seem to have your terms mixed up. FYI there are two main types of pipe. You are probably talking about PVC and CPVC. Just lettin you know.

#46038 Shoot Stefans With An Nf

Posted by WEASEL on 12 January 2005 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

Would I need to take out that little pole inside the barrel to shoot micro Stefans

Yes, you would, unless you have holes in the back of your stefans made by a straw or something.

or do the mod on this site?

That would help also with your range and such.

#49816 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 16 March 2005 - 07:03 PM in Homemades

I ABS lighter than pvc? Also what is the pump made for?

#49721 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2005 - 08:29 PM in Homemades

the pump can handle the pressure.

So there is a check valve in the pump? Where did you get it.

#49724 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2005 - 08:47 PM in Homemades

my NF would suck up a dart every time I cocked it with the dart in the barrel.

Hee hee. You must have a really bad dart-barrel fit, or I have a bad plunger-plunger tube fit....aw cwap. But what kind of pump is it that he was using and where did he get it? I've never seen anyone use abs before, was it good to work with?

#48978 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by WEASEL on 07 March 2005 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

So 1/2" pvc just doesn't fit inside there? Mmmm....time to pull out the one inch belt sander! How is the durability? Would you buy two or three just because it could break or because it is just so cool?

#76235 Ringing Guns

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:51 AM in General Nerf

I glued felt around the plunger shaft near the plunger head. Worked great. You don't need that much either.

#47508 Rifled Barrel

Posted by WEASEL on 18 February 2005 - 06:11 PM in Homemades

Ohhhhhh... I got that totaly wrong there. I was wondering what that bigger peice was for. Got it. so how wide were the grooves.

#47435 Rifled Barrel

Posted by WEASEL on 17 February 2005 - 07:12 PM in Homemades

Ahhhh... Ok, since I just stabbed myself in the end of my thumb whith a exacto knife, I realized that if you hit someone accidentally with that barrel, you could scar them for life.

#47308 Rifled Barrel

Posted by WEASEL on 15 February 2005 - 06:44 PM in Homemades

I don't have anything against you or anything, but what inch sizes are the pvc peices. It's getting a little anoying. Can someone give me a chart of some sort like:

X mm=Y inches

Thanks

EDIT: Do'h, sorry

#47292 Rifled Barrel

Posted by WEASEL on 15 February 2005 - 12:50 AM in Homemades

EDIT: Yeah...Ignore this post if you want to, its misleading. Although it would be cool if you had like a arrow with some grooves in it and it ran along with some fins on the pipe like the cutter.

So you just had the blades at the end? Its like some kind of Reversed Rifleing. I like that.

#49930 Rf20 Mod

Posted by WEASEL on 17 March 2005 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

Sounds cool. Can you post some pictures?

#55636 Range, Accuarcy, And Rate Of Fire

Posted by WEASEL on 25 May 2005 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Accuracy, then range. If you can doge the other guys hit and you can hit him, thats what it's all about. And accuracy is half of the technique. I just personally like picking people off from long ranges.

#47529 Quilted Northerns Mn Nerf Clan

Posted by WEASEL on 18 February 2005 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

You don't have any pictures...at all.

#47526 Quilted Northerns Mn Nerf Clan

Posted by WEASEL on 18 February 2005 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

Man, I've wanted to make my friends and I a clan forever. Does everyone use invision because it's cool or what. And you have 5 clan members but only 4 signed up on your forum, and your the newest. OK, sorry for the critisizm.

HEHE, you guys are like arguing within yourselves on your forum. douche...hmmm..I mean uhh...gross.

#36680 Quad Barrel Titan W/scout

Posted by WEASEL on 08 September 2004 - 04:48 PM in Modifications

Edit:^^^^^^^crap people beatme to it^^^^^^^

Nice titan. Can you show us one of your missiles. Also, what are the ranges?

#46793 Primary Weapons

Posted by WEASEL on 01 February 2005 - 06:58 PM in General Nerf

I pesonally like homemades as primarys, but lots of people think they are "un-nerflike." My friends like maxshots, sm1500s, nfs and splitfires are pretty good too. I love my duel nfs because you get two shots and they are really light and easy to carrey(sp).

#46833 Primary Weapons

Posted by WEASEL on 02 February 2005 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

The ole NF got very good ranges stock.

Why do good things always change into bad things, especially in nerf. Alas, I don't mind too much, I already have seven(3 of 7 broken) and the new ones arn't that bad either, I think. NF are probably one of the best spring guns I have seen work good stock.

#46805 Primary Weapons

Posted by WEASEL on 01 February 2005 - 10:39 PM in General Nerf

His homemades shoot pretty far, but not like the craxy ranges everybody else is getting. Okay maybe a bit lower on some guns than others, like the double barrel Solenoid activated cannon *snicker*.

Shut up. That thing shot like 5 feet, found out the problem though, too hard to fix it, so I won't

EDIT: Forgot the real question. Some of them shoot around 100 sometimes. Depends on the barrel and darts. I hope to make a "real" solinoid rifle w/ backpack soon.

#40363 Powerclip Homemade Clip

Posted by WEASEL on 31 October 2004 - 02:31 PM in Homemades

Why doesn't someone try to make one out of balsa wood?

#26197 Positions In Nerf

Posted by WEASEL on 14 May 2004 - 05:37 PM in General Nerf

I beleve why you can't post your article is because cxwq has to proof read it first. Otherwise we would have people posting articles of nonsence all the time. Sent it to cxwq and see what happens.

Edit: (oops, for got to say what i thought)

Me and my nerfin' friends usually just work together as a team. whoever has the right gun for the job. We don't really plan who does what ahead of time.

#55196 Political Discussion

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 05:22 PM in Off Topic

To quote somebody: "Guns don't kill people, ammunition does."