Photo

Size Of Vinyl Tubing

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zyzybalooba

Zyzybalooba

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:25 PM

I was wondering if the size of the vinyl tubing mattered. In all of Zero's models, it says to use 1/4" vinyl tubing. The only reason I can see not to use 1/2" or 5/8" is that it kinks at 30-60 degrees. It seems like that 1/4" tubing would really restrict air and only a small amount of air would actually be used. Am I wrong?

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:10 PM

Theoretically speaking, in 1/4 in. vinyl tubiing would increase reaction time by having the air moving at a higher pressure because of the constriction of the smaller diameter; which means in the end the same amount of air will reahc its destination in either size tubing. :huh: I dunno. I usually just use the 1/4 in. cause I have a billion bits that fit it nicely.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:40 PM

If you used a smaller diamiter tubeing, it would restrict airflow.

#4 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:43 AM

If you used a smaller diamiter tubeing, it would restrict airflow.

Yeah, but like what GeneralPrimevil said if you use too large of vinyl tubing there would be less air pressure for shooting out of the gun because of the volume in the vinyl tubing.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users