z80's Content

There have been 578 items by z80 (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#85432 Zoom

Posted by z80 on 20 July 2006 - 09:28 PM in Off Topic

Oh god. zoom sucked so hard. The shit they did on that show was retarded.

#131114 Your Nerf Teams Or Clans

Posted by z80 on 01 December 2007 - 02:36 PM in General Nerf

I think my Team is unique because of our style, we stay back and drag our opponents towards us then we take them out when their in a group close enough.

What, the team of teddy bears and sofa pillows you play against? And I beleive theres a similar topic already in the nerf war forum.

#131234 Your Nerf Teams Or Clans

Posted by z80 on 02 December 2007 - 12:08 PM in General Nerf

Ok, I'll actually contribute. My clan is Clan Nightshift, in westchester, NY. We have about 15-20 regular members. We don't really have a unique style though, though I would say we are more focused on longrange and less on ROF than most people.

#106742 Your Greatest Moment

Posted by z80 on 20 May 2007 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

z80 and I took the opposing team's flag in CTF with broken guns. Twice

Shit, yeah. That was amazing. I had aSM500 with the coupler broken off and an empty magstrike. That was insane.
Also, shooting OMC with my umbrella gun while he was flipping me off was pretty awesome at ecno.

#124614 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by z80 on 30 September 2007 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

I like this thread.

Agreed
I had a great day, hosting my first war. It went pretty damn well. Really the highlight was the first round running a brand new strategy and doing really great.

#74454 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by z80 on 26 February 2006 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

I'd have my big ass LBB, my maverick, Army backpack, Sunglasses, Leather gloves, black short sleaved shirt, black pants. That's what I wore last week in the 40 degree weather. Only for nerfing man.

#155123 Wtfno:judgement Day

Posted by z80 on 07 May 2008 - 09:28 PM in Nerf Wars

So I just took a look at the 2008 summer nerf schedule, and there are something like two nerf wars that aren't in the **NO format or have a name that suggests the final judgment. You all realize you're ripping off a fat guy in a purple sweat-band, right? I know most of you know what the major nerf wars are, but it's got to be confusing the new guys. Can't we just put the thread titles in 'Metro Area, State Abbreviation Nerf War' format, and save the acronyms and the apocalyptic marketing for the thread?

Or you can put it in the secondary title...
I mean, its really not that much of a problem.

#96653 Wolfclaw!

Posted by z80 on 16 December 2006 - 10:00 AM in Modifications

Just fixed it last night, so can't say yet. I'm thinking eightyish, don't know though. I'll try and do a range test today.

#96681 Wolfclaw!

Posted by z80 on 16 December 2006 - 06:23 PM in Modifications

Elf, I was just estimating. I don't remember exactly how much the NF's were when I bought them awhile ago.
Forsaken Angel, I just put hotglue infront of the plunger tube, and glued it in place, and put some glue on the part that holds the main spring back. Nothing major.

#96650 Wolfclaw!

Posted by z80 on 16 December 2006 - 09:23 AM in Modifications

This is a fairly basic Dual NF modifcation. I recomend this to anyone with 14 bucks to spend. It's a great high range, high ROF sidearm. I'm presently using it as a sidearm for my at2k. Its got two nice spring replacements in it, and i've reinforced the case to handle them. For the barrel, there is PVC glued to the plunger tube, and the CPVC slides in (for some reason, our homedepot got a batch of halfinch that fits CPVC perfectly.)
Pictures!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#96552 Winter Nerfing Ideas

Posted by z80 on 14 December 2006 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

I'm in Canada and we get winter for like 4-5 maybe 6 months a year. What are some good places to nerf in? I was thinking maybe a high school gym (both of my parents are teachers) and my uncle is a millionaire, so price is no object and I can go where I want. Any ideas?

If you can get access to them, churches and other community center type places are good.

#262269 Winter Bcno

Posted by z80 on 18 January 2010 - 01:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be going down to the war with zack that day, should be fun.

#127804 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by z80 on 28 October 2007 - 12:46 PM in Off Topic

I was signing up on a forum (Team Hackaday forums) and decided I needed a nerdy name. So I went with z80 (the processor of the gameboy) rather than my normal Madc0w (which is based off of my last name, steers) When I signed up for NHQ, I registered Madc0w, but the email got screwed up, so I reregistered as z80. Thank god, because Madc0w was apparently a bad spammer.

#74957 Who Are You?

Posted by z80 on 02 March 2006 - 07:00 PM in General Nerf

Gearhead all the way. Brookfield has made any sort of projectile firing toy/gun illegal. That includes nerf guns, as me and Airapache called the police and were told to not play around with them, even on our own properties.

That may change assuming I get accepted to an East-coast college in a month or two. Then, I'll have to deal with the likes of Talio, Shindig, and such in person. Yikes.

~ompa

Don't they realize that's unconstitutional? Thats really stupid.

#74916 Who Are You?

Posted by z80 on 02 March 2006 - 12:57 PM in General Nerf

I'm saying toy soldier, cause I'm the guy who like stealthely leads my freinds to the enemy, then do some handsignal and one of my teammates scream out "What does that mean?!?!" :cry:

#74966 Who Are You?

Posted by z80 on 02 March 2006 - 07:18 PM in General Nerf

Ok, I guess that I'm wrong, it is kinda stupid though, :ph34r: Hope you go to school on the east coast. Then you can expirience nerfing in person.

#82295 While Making Something Else, I Made....

Posted by z80 on 24 May 2006 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

Lex, the last post in this topic is from august 2005. Don't be a necro.

#75842 Where Do You Nerf?

Posted by z80 on 11 March 2006 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I usually use my local school, so like the closest is a park. Also, we used a parking garage one time, which combines the confindness of indoors with the longrange of outdoors. Also we use a local park.

#85807 Where Do You Nerf?

Posted by z80 on 26 July 2006 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

mav master were in new york do you live? is it close to crochfester...i mean rochester
so far i just nerf in my yard although i only ever have like 8 people playing at one time. last time i was at my friends we set up a big nerf maze made of couch cushens turned off the lights and added strobes and other cool lihgtings and blasted techno. it was pretty cool.

FYI im in westchester.
I've only had one indoor wars, and it was an amazing location. The place is almost like a camp, for like church retreats and stuff. It had two large hall ways of rooms, and a main room of couchs and stuff, we had like twenty people playing, including our pastor :)

#114981 Whats Your Fav Primary

Posted by z80 on 07 July 2007 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

The national geographic airhawk gun, also known as the Umbrella gun or the exodia killa. The accuracy and power of this thing is rediculous.

Could you maybe delve deepter into this? I've heard of the imfamous umbrella gun, but I must see it.

My friend has pictures of his that we were modding. I'll get him to upload them soon.

#114949 Whats Your Fav Primary

Posted by z80 on 07 July 2007 - 05:41 PM in General Nerf

The national geographic airhawk gun, also known as the Umbrella gun or the exodia killa. The accuracy and power of this thing is rediculous.

#115011 Whats Your Fav Primary

Posted by z80 on 08 July 2007 - 07:24 AM in General Nerf

I need to pick two of these guns z80. Where are you buying them from?

For the sake of staying on topic, my favorite primary would have to be my Maxshot. It was the most simple mod I ever did. Every war I get compliments on its accuracy and range.

I got mine from target, but there are multiple versions (Yellow and red, and there might be an older blue that I vaguely remember) so you may have to shop around.

#85231 What's Your Favorite Gun?

Posted by z80 on 17 July 2006 - 04:23 PM in Off Topic

I don't really know why, but I really like the winchester repeating rifle. I also like like the MP40 for it's sheer fuglyness and the liberator for sucking but being awesome at the same time.

#140561 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by z80 on 16 February 2008 - 09:51 AM in General Nerf

My first gun was the DTB and the Nightfinder. Though I played with my friends lazerfang and ballzooka as a kid.

#118951 What Is This Little Kid Talking About?

Posted by z80 on 09 August 2007 - 11:36 AM in Modifications

Ok to be honest i think this kids just a lil' bitch who doesnt know what hes talking about. i hate it when toddlers make these videos, just listening to their commentary made me want to go on a shooting spree.... with a magstrike lol.

Dude they're freaking five. Calm down. Of course they don't know what they're talking about, they're little kids. They don't know any better.

#75165 What Gun Is This?

Posted by z80 on 04 March 2006 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

No, i beleive the green is the worst (stock at least). The blue is still pretty bad though.

#73451 Ways To Shoot A Dart.

Posted by z80 on 18 February 2006 - 11:41 AM in Homemades

thats when you build it though, if you make a good enough case it would work. It would be completely inpractical though.

#73444 Ways To Shoot A Dart.

Posted by z80 on 18 February 2006 - 10:48 AM in Homemades

A small railgun using some compasitors and a charging unit, like a cluster of camera flashes could work.

#73449 Ways To Shoot A Dart.

Posted by z80 on 18 February 2006 - 11:21 AM in Homemades

i was thinking something like this, though that probably wouldnt be powerful enough.

#116703 Was It Nerf Or Luck?

Posted by z80 on 21 July 2007 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

It's pure luck.

I have played those games in the past, both before and after my time in the Air Force, as well as before and after the start of my nerfing life. I was an Expert Marksman in both the M9 and M16 (40/40 shots) and I still can't win those games. They are simple full-auto BB rifles that have pretty bad accuracy. I talked to a proprietor at a fair that ran the same type of game. He stated that no amount of marksmanship training will help you. Even if you held the gun in a vise to ensure that the gun never moved and tried to shoot all the shots through the center of the star, there would still be a spread pattern of the shots as the guns are not designed for accuracy.

Way to go on your win. Nerf did not help you. It was pure luck.

Wait, badger you were in the Air Force? Weird, I only think of you as the creepy old guy at games :)

#116702 War Stories

Posted by z80 on 21 July 2007 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Sometimes pure power radiates from my body as I begin to levitate.

Someone tell me I don't.

VACC
~usericon! UserIcon!! USERICON!!! HOOOOOO!!!!~

Awesome freaking avatar!!!
Also, its true, I've seen the sheer power. (Its over NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)
Lastly, dec 30 2006. Good job precisionnerfer.

#97352 War Stories

Posted by z80 on 29 December 2006 - 11:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Prolly my best is sitting in a bush, 15 feet away from an enemy, waving at him as he stares directly at me, and he still doesn't see me. That, or getting three people out with one shotgunned titan at once.

#105437 War In New York?

Posted by z80 on 14 May 2007 - 02:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok cool. When it rolls around again, could you send the information my way?

Also, down south in westchester we may be holding a war, we are working on locations and logistics currently.

#84377 Wally-mart

Posted by z80 on 05 July 2006 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

Step 1: kill parents
Step 2: Buy me magstrike
step 3: ?????
Step 4: Profit!
Seriously, convince them to let you get it, then be the first to mod it!

#90633 Walloper Problems

Posted by z80 on 27 September 2006 - 06:29 PM in Homemades

A few days ago, I finished making a homemade somewhat simular to 3DBBQ's Walloper. I couldn't find a pump that was 1", so I justed used the one I made from my experimental plunger gun (1 1/4" wide pump). I pumped it about 20 times or so and I only get 1 good shot that doesnt go very far... 20-30 feet. I used a 3/4" check valve since 1" is about 3 dollars more. I am pretty sure there are no leaks, the whole gun is in threaded sections with teflon tape... this isnt nearly as good as the one 3DBBQ is talking about. I only get 1 shot, not the 20 he said... my version is alot bigger aswell... Why am I only getting one 20-30 foot shot?

Try putting it under water right after pumping to see if it's leaking.

#206339 Vip And 3d Models

Posted by z80 on 25 January 2009 - 05:03 PM in Homemades

Just a question, how easy would it be to make it so you can use the folded up stock as a shotgun foregrip? Like it can switch between rifle with stock and almost like a shotgun design by folding it in? Cause that would be a very cool design.

#73595 Vidio Games

Posted by z80 on 19 February 2006 - 06:23 PM in Off Topic

My favorite games are Contra, Operation C (gameboy port of contra), tetris, mario kart ds, and Animal Crossing Wild World.

#73577 Vidio Games

Posted by z80 on 19 February 2006 - 04:09 PM in Off Topic

My favorite vidieo games are war games. resident evil and call of duty 2 are my favorites.

PS: watch you spelling.

Ummm, watch your spelling, its Video

#73628 Vidio Games

Posted by z80 on 19 February 2006 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

Jake wanna play some ACWW wifi? just IM your town name and friend code and ill drop by.

#81077 Valve Question

Posted by z80 on 01 May 2006 - 08:49 PM in Homemades

Well batteries would be less reliable and more expensive. Thanks for the advise though.