Photo

Wolfclaw!

7 replies to this topic

#1 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:23 AM

This is a fairly basic Dual NF modifcation. I recomend this to anyone with 14 bucks to spend. It's a great high range, high ROF sidearm. I'm presently using it as a sidearm for my at2k. Its got two nice spring replacements in it, and i've reinforced the case to handle them. For the barrel, there is PVC glued to the plunger tube, and the CPVC slides in (for some reason, our homedepot got a batch of halfinch that fits CPVC perfectly.)
Pictures!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:39 AM

Looks Great. Ranges?
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#3 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:00 AM

Just fixed it last night, so can't say yet. I'm thinking eightyish, don't know though. I'll try and do a range test today.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:14 AM

Cool, but been done before.

I personally like dual weilding better.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:21 PM

and i've reinforced the case to handle them.

I would really like to see how you did that.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#6 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

and i've reinforced the case to handle them.

I would really like to see how you did that.

On my first NF (now dead due to a failed integrational modification) I used small peices of really thin aluminum (or tin, I used a peice of something I found in my Garage) to strengthen the catch faces, and the area where the rectangular catchface thing slides up and down on. I also re-enforced the back of the gun on the place where the end of the spring rests. It was a little bit sloppy, but I was just learning how to use a dremel at the time.

On a side note, I was just at Target getting my lil' bro's Christmas present (I am making something similar to one of these[/irony], but I am following Dangaard's design) And the nightfinders that they have are the new yellow+grey+black ones. I noticed that they are significantly more durable feeling and they are definatly made of thicker/harder plastic which makes them a little bit heavier as well. Personally I like these alot better, I am not as afraid of breaking them, and the heftyness means less "aiming the gun too high". The stronger plastic also means that (atleast for this mod) reenforcment of the plastic may not be necessary!
I will keep you guys posted.
Oh yea, z80: you said that the cost of this mod was $14 bucks, is that total cost? guns+materials? 'Cuz I am looking at my Target receipt, and I bought three (3) nightfinders for $16.49 (that includes the tax) Are Night finders just crazy expensive where you are?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

I personally like dual weilding better.

Then make two of these so you can dual wield 4 NiteFinders.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

Elf, I was just estimating. I don't remember exactly how much the NF's were when I bought them awhile ago.
Forsaken Angel, I just put hotglue infront of the plunger tube, and glued it in place, and put some glue on the part that holds the main spring back. Nothing major.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users