Your Day Of Nerfing

50 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

Alright, so I don't know if anyone's tried this, but here goes:
How was your day of Nerfing? Find anything, learn something new, or buy a new gun? Post what you've done with your day that's nerf related!

I'll go. I dremmeled a knotch in my Crayola Barrel for my HS and it now shoots a lot further. I have never used a Stefan either! I can't wait to make one and see how far it can shoot.

Edit: Hidden Shot= HS

Edited by Thomas, 28 September 2007 - 04:58 PM.

#2 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:57 PM

I beat my old score at the Tech Target using a Magstrike, my mom ran over my Bigger Salvo, and my NiteFinder broke the 60' foot mark with an Evil Stefan.

Edited by yourface, 28 September 2007 - 05:31 PM.

#3 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:28 PM

I am planning to mod my homemade Gunblade, modify Nitefinders, buy a dremel and some cut-off wheels, Longshot magazine breech, Gunblade shell.

#4 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

I glanced at an LBB, and a thought came through my mind if FA24 posted his new write up yet
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#5 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

I made a new type of dart. It's low friction but gets a great seal. Woohoo! Who cares...
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#6 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

I made a new type of dart. It's low friction but gets a great seal. Woohoo! Who cares...

I care, how did you do it? Is it a micro or a mega?

#7 Mike7822

Mike7822

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

me and my dad chased each other around the house with doubleshots with slings and scopes and shell holders duct taped to the gun.
Murphy's Law of Combat Operations
---------------------------------------
- If at first you don't succeed, call in an air strike.
- If you need an officer in a hurry take a nap.
- When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

#8 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

Your dads awsome. I never would of thought someone would play toy guns with thier teen :P
My dad goes to work all day.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

I went to school, slept, then went to an internship, and when I camp home my little brother grabbed my dtg and got me in the head at which point I ran to my room and nitefinder'ed his ass.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:07 PM

I played a long haul gamming session with Devil May Cry 3 and noticed that Dante's holsters woould look sweet with my new mavericks so I went to my basement and got to work with my holsters. Almost complete. They kick ass because they can draw quick and look really bad-ass with my dual pistols, battle rifle combo.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#11 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:28 PM

My Sm1k broke this week. I had a short 2 on 2 match with my friends. It was more funny than competitive, but still hella fun. I fixed up my awesome Sm5k.

Also, 4 things that I have ordered haven't arrived yet. Its been a stupid week, excluding today.

Edited by blister, 28 September 2007 - 11:54 PM.

Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#12 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:50 PM

I like this thread.

Well, I've been having a slow nerf week. All I did was design a homemade hose handle, debated whether a PVC or HPA external tank would be more air efficient, and looked back at some of my first mods.

#13 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

I found some FBR in my school's auditorium, but I don't want to take it because it's theatre property. And I found a Wildfire on Ebay if anyone's interested, it's on the second page of searching Nerf Darts. My SSPB's should be coming tomorrow, and I'm going to Home Depot today to get some PVC for them

#14 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

I spent the whole day cutting and drying FBR for stefans.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#15 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

I made a couple stefans gave my nitefinder a ace hardware #49 spring, a brass barrel, and a sweet paintjob.And I painted my mav.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#16 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:02 PM

Uhh let see. I modded my crossfire with are removal but i did not have enough brass to do barrel. I made about a 1,00 stephans and had about 3 house wars

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#17 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

Killed my friends in a all NiteFinder pistol fight.

We play 4 versus 4, upstairs versus downstairs and capture the flag.

During one round I decided to take out my Dart Tag Gun and whooped their butts. After having the DTG taken away from me and we restarted, I preceded to use my pump-action, clipped NF to wipe out 3 of their guys. Once the last enemy gave up, my team of 3 used Magstrikes at 15 feet to execute my prisoner.

I have a video of the execution as the wallpaper to my cell phone. We all laughed our asses off and that probably is my favorite NERF moment.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#18 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:00 PM

pump-action, clipped NF

Care to explain or give pictures or is it boom13's mod?

40 shots for 40 cocks

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

My NiteFinder is made with a pvc nested breech barrel, with a SLIGHTLY wider brass over top and deoderant clips. I used 3'' in diameter pvc to make a handle and put a rod through (sp?) the cocking handle and the pump. One pump opens the breech, loads a dart, and cocks the NiteFinder. Gravity with a small bit of steel rod on top works wonderfully to help the clip. I am not posting a write up because of lack of pictures.

Added Note: I did all of those basic things to my NiteFinder. I stretched the spring, added electrical tape to the plunger use extra silicone lubricant, removed the air restrictors and replaced the "laser sight" with a on/off mag light. My next and maybe last mod to my NiteFinder is to add a pocket blaster and 2 cartridge holders which are merely used deodorant sticks.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#20 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

So it's like the breech used by FA 24 in his ABBB.And how does the breech close?

Edited by Nonsense Man, 30 September 2007 - 07:55 PM.

40 shots for 40 cocks

#21 mp130

mp130

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:10 PM

Today, my clan hosted the battle for NY, and I owned with my Titan, in the first game I used it!
gotta love Nerf.
QUOTE(DJRayza @ May 2 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
the range is to that of a midget hurling a small cow

#22 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

Added stopping pin to b00m13's longshot clip breech mod. Making my gunblade super powered.

#23 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:34 PM

I like this thread.

Agreed
I had a great day, hosting my first war. It went pretty damn well. Really the highlight was the first round running a brand new strategy and doing really great.

#24 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:24 PM

I open the breech by pulling the pump. I close it by pushing it forward, the cocking handle is hard to explain, but the rod that holds the pump to the cocking handle is like a ratchet. I put a clip in, pull the pump and the breech opens and pulls back the cocking handle. I push and the breech closes. Here is a sh!tty attempt at a drawing: The yellow is the clip, the red is the rod and the black is the pump.

Step one

Step two

Step three

Edited by Lynx, 30 September 2007 - 09:28 PM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#25 Springer

Springer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:57 PM

Today I had a Nerf photoshoot... ok I was pretty bored but the pictures are shmexy. Here's one.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users