Jakethesnake's Content

There have been 144 items by Jakethesnake (Search limited from 02-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53329 Your Ride?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 24 April 2005 - 10:55 AM in Off Topic

What does the president have to do with high gas prices.

#53310 Your Ride?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 24 April 2005 - 12:54 AM in Off Topic

I didn't time how long it took, but I was doing 103 down this straightaway last night. Good times.

#53307 Your Ride?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 24 April 2005 - 12:47 AM in Off Topic

03' Honda Element, don't knock it till you've ridden in one.

#68421 Wtf

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 November 2005 - 12:08 PM in Off Topic

this is probably just a second account made by him to piss everyone off.

For sure, this is his first post, does he actually believe that we'll think some random guy with a random french username just decided to make his first post on this subject, that is another reason why you got banned, you're an idiot. But you can't help it, you're french.

#66682 Wild Fire Problem

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 October 2005 - 11:57 PM in Modifications

I'm going to guess it's a faulty check valve; you MAY have to replace your pump.

~ompa

Ompa is exactly right, the check valve is broken, there's nothing to trap the air in the tank once it's primed, it just flows back out. I've never had that problem with my WF before so I'm not sure how to fix it but you can't really break it anymore, so just poke around in there and see what you come up with.

#67849 Why

Posted by Jakethesnake on 16 November 2005 - 11:00 PM in Off Topic

I like nerf more than airsoft or paintball for almost every reason stated above, I don't know if anybody mentioned the spray and pray tactic involved with airsoft and paintball but that doesn't work when you are nerfing (in most cases). When you nerf you have to make every shot count, shelling out half a dozen rounds is common practice in paintball and airsoft, but in nerf if you don't have a decent aim, running around shooting round after round into oblivion doesn't generally cut it, which is what I see in every other shooting sport. I like nerf the most because you spend 1 minute planning 1 shot, in airsoft you most likely spend 5 seconds shooting 12+ rounds.
Also, mommy can buy you the most expensive airsoft gun and you can be ready to play the moment you open the package. If mommy buys you a NIB X-bow and you take it to a war, you will get owned, you have to take the time to modify it, which adds a sense of accomplishment and personalization, something you don't get from airsoft, and I know you can customize your airsoft gun but not for $10, which is what it will cost you to turn the crappiest gun into one badass piece of foam flinging doom.

#70073 When Titans Fall

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 December 2005 - 02:31 AM in Modifications

Just try the 3 in 1 oil on it, what's the worst that can happen? If that doesn't work then report back.

#70112 When Titans Fall

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 December 2005 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

That has got to be one of the stupidest ideas I've heard in a long time, among others, are "opening up the airtank" and simply "put some epoxy around the pin". If you guys have no experience with modding a titan, or from your answers, any gun at all, then just don't post.

#53061 Whats So Special About The Titan?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 21 April 2005 - 12:13 AM in General Nerf

I'm sorry, I meant "power happy"

#53055 Whats So Special About The Titan?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 20 April 2005 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

Talk about power hungry.

#73868 Vidio Games

Posted by Jakethesnake on 22 February 2006 - 12:15 PM in Off Topic

I guess after reading this I think our younger demographic does not appreciate the pure enjoyment out of 2d vidEo games. Here's a list of some of the best from each nintendo system.

NES-
1. Metroid
2. Legend of Zelda
3. Excitebike

SNES-
1. Zelda Link to the Past
2. Super Mario World (so many good memories from that game)
3. U.N. Squadron, the most under appreciated game from the SNES line.

N64-
1. Goldeneye - no contest
2. Diddy Kong Racing
3. Super Smash Bros
- so many more but not enough space

Gamecube-
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee
2. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II
3. Mario Kart Double Dash

Gameboy original-
1. Super Mario 6 Golden Coins
2. Kirby's Dreamland
3. Donkey Kong

Gameboy Color-
1. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

I bought a game boy advance but could never really get into the games, plus they were getting more and more expensive. This is just a list of my personal favorite nintendo games. X-box and P2P have their place as well, but in my mind nintendo will always be the best.

#73689 Vidio Games

Posted by Jakethesnake on 20 February 2006 - 02:58 PM in Off Topic

Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past . . . no contest, the best game of all time.

#63856 Triple Pump Tubed At2k

Posted by Jakethesnake on 18 September 2005 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

I posted this modification on nhq, but for those of you who do not browse the forums over there, here is my triple pump tubed At2k (that's the best name I could come up with, sorry). The idea here is to make three pump tubes instead of the normal single one. If all goes right, the number of pumps it takes to prime the gun should be significantly less. I used two 1/2" pieces of pvc to make the extra pump tubes. The plunger shafts are 1/2" cpvc and the makeshift plungers are o-rings surrounded by a few wraps of electrical tape. Enough said, it takes about 2 pumps to prime the air tank. Here are the pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the vinyl tubing plugs in directly to the end of the original pumpshaft right before the one-way rubber valve.

#63897 Triple Pump Tubed At2k

Posted by Jakethesnake on 19 September 2005 - 12:19 AM in Modifications

PissBacon: The resistance is moderate, there is some but really with only two pumps you don't really notice it that much because you barely have to pump and you're done.

Tucker: I used 1/2" "thin walled" pvc, I think you're thinking of the thicker stuff.

edit PissBacon, I forgot to mention, I attatched the pump tubes with super glue. I first sanded the shell of the gun then the part of the pvc that would contact the gun. By sanding it I took away the smooth oily finish that nerf guns are notorious for and the bond between the at2k and the pump tubes is extremely strong.

#63980 Toast To Everyone's Favorite Hawaii Nerfer

Posted by Jakethesnake on 19 September 2005 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

Let's not make him feel too old.

#58038 Titan As-v.12

Posted by Jakethesnake on 23 June 2005 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

Alright, well I've been a member on this site for quite a while and although I know a lot about nerf, I've never really contributed much of anything, this summer I've decided to step things up. While constructing my own FAR I ordered the main spring, I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail so I've decided to do a little modification to my titan. Instead of one shot, I've made that into 12 shots, It gets 50-60 ft flat, depending on which stefan you measure. The barrels are made out of cpvc and I used aquarium tubing to join the barrels into one group. This really isn't very practical in a war but messing around with it is a blast, I'm going to make a speed loader to complete the set.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58042 Titan As-v.12

Posted by Jakethesnake on 23 June 2005 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Well, they shoot all at the same time, I usually pump it around 20 times, something like that. Spread is around 4-5 ft.

#53251 Tire Stems

Posted by Jakethesnake on 23 April 2005 - 12:41 AM in Homemades

Yeah, I work at a gas station, they do tire work, and if you ask, we usually have tons just lying around, they may even give them to you for free.

#63224 The Loud Nf

Posted by Jakethesnake on 06 September 2005 - 07:38 PM in General Nerf

I found that taking the spring out completely greatly decreases the amount of noise the NF makes. Of course, you're going to sacrifice a little bit of range but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

#63292 The Loud Nf

Posted by Jakethesnake on 07 September 2005 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

Now, not that that isn't a good Idea or anything, but If you were going to tap them with the barrel, why not just leave the range as is? the gun doesn't make noise when you're not loading or shooting.

Because if you leave the gun "as is" then it will be loud and you wouldn't be able to be so quiet. Didn't you read my post in this thread?

#57909 The General, General, New Player Guide

Posted by Jakethesnake on 21 June 2005 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

"danerfpimp" "the one and only nerf-pimp"

What a fucking dumbass name, the ladies will be lining up to bang you. Take you're hip hopping gangsta fucking shit out of this site.

#81823 Team Stealth's Nerf Website

Posted by Jakethesnake on 14 May 2006 - 05:53 PM in General Nerf

That's not even your idea! Tidge came up with that, I hope you got permission from him to post that because you didn't even mention his name in your "writeup".

#68184 Support Our Troops

Posted by Jakethesnake on 24 November 2005 - 02:39 AM in Off Topic

Thank you veggie and to all the armed forces, it's too easy for us to forget you guys, I'm so thankfull that you guys are out there doing that, much appreciation. We take it for granted too often. Have a great thanksgiving.

#66684 Styling Glue Help

Posted by Jakethesnake on 28 October 2005 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

I dunno about that, but I was using super glue the other day, and accidentally dripped some on my shoelaces and they started on fire, I'm not even joking, my shoelaces started smoking and I touched them with my hand and it burnt me, I'm not sure why this happened but it was the craziest thing ever.

#68449 Strongest Adhesive

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 November 2005 - 01:22 PM in Modifications

For plastic to plastic bonding, I think superglue works the best, sometimes there is an oily film on nerf gun shells, if you sand the 2 pieces that are being glued together a bit, and roughen the surface, it tends to glue very well. There is no #1 adhesive out there, each application is better in one area or another but I have the best luck with super glue.

#53309 Stefan Making Tip

Posted by Jakethesnake on 24 April 2005 - 12:52 AM in General Nerf

About the flat tip dart/pain theory, think of it like this, the dome tipped darts are like doing a cannon ball in the water, it doesn't hurt to jump in, but a flat tipped dart is like a belly flop, it hurts like a mother, so, I think flat tips would hurt more, but again, that's just my theory.

#50975 Sony Psp

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 March 2005 - 01:12 AM in Off Topic

I don't understand how you guys can afford all this stuff, there's no way i can afford to spend that much money on just video games.

#50673 Sony Psp

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 March 2005 - 01:27 AM in Off Topic

Back in the day, I've wanted to run over my gameboy because I couldn't beat certain levels.

#65072 Semi-auto Powerclip

Posted by Jakethesnake on 04 October 2005 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

It's possible

#65142 Semi-auto Powerclip

Posted by Jakethesnake on 05 October 2005 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Why do with ten darts what you can do with three? Or two?

Are you a woman or something? Because that could explain it.

#52037 Semi-auto 2k Prototype-its A Start

Posted by Jakethesnake on 09 April 2005 - 12:57 AM in Modifications

Someone pioneer interchangeable clips to go with that thing, and it would be kind of a mini powerclip, with a little imagination.

#53772 Secret Shot Mod²

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 April 2005 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

Micros, they fit super tight in the barrel if that has anything to do with it. (I think it does)

#53763 Secret Shot Mod²

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 April 2005 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

30-40 ft? I just single barreled mine (cpvc) and it gets 60 ft flat, it's amazing, I like it better than nite finders.

#57537 Rev-8 Firefly - It's Summer! Where Is It?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 14 June 2005 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

How come people suddenly are getting anal with me?

Because this is NH...

#52306 Real Player - Owned

Posted by Jakethesnake on 11 April 2005 - 11:35 PM in Off Topic

I have, it usually is pretty fast for me, but I've only used it sparingly.

#68978 Question About The Far

Posted by Jakethesnake on 10 December 2005 - 11:43 AM in Homemades

But making a working airsoft rifle is way better than having mommy buy you one.

#62759 Punisher Skull On My Ar

Posted by Jakethesnake on 30 August 2005 - 01:47 AM in Off Topic

I'm not saying the skull looks bad, but I just think it looks better without it.

#62757 Punisher Skull On My Ar

Posted by Jakethesnake on 30 August 2005 - 01:11 AM in Off Topic

Adding a punisher skull on something that merely shoots foam is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Leave the far alone, I think it looks better just flat black all around.

#58361 Pulsator 4000

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 June 2005 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I try my best to make all my mods and integrations look the cleanest they possibly can. I'm not claiming they are, just that I try. Look for more things to come this summer from me.

#58283 Pulsator 4000

Posted by Jakethesnake on 26 June 2005 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but it's not awkward at all, you wouldn't think so by looking at it, but it's really something you have to try to understand it.