Photo

Wild Fire Problem

5 replies to this topic

#1 NiborDude

NiborDude

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:16 AM

Hey, my Nerf Wild Fire has a strange problem that I want to fix. When I pump, air goes into the tank, but the pump gets pushed out by the pressure and then if I leave it like that it loses pressure. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

#2 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:39 AM

I don't remember how many pumps it takes for a wildfire to be used(mine broke 1 year ago :/), but when you are about to engage the enemy, just pump it up somemore.
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#3 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

Check your problem here. It explains almost every part of the Wildfire, and should help.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:49 PM

I'm going to guess it's a faulty check valve; you MAY have to replace your pump.

~ompa

#5 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:57 PM

I'm going to guess it's a faulty check valve; you MAY have to replace your pump.

~ompa

Ompa is exactly right, the check valve is broken, there's nothing to trap the air in the tank once it's primed, it just flows back out. I've never had that problem with my WF before so I'm not sure how to fix it but you can't really break it anymore, so just poke around in there and see what you come up with.

#6 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:59 PM

I'm going to guess it's a faulty check valve;  you MAY have to replace your pump.

~ompa

With what? The valve at the end is unique to the wildfire isn't it?

I believe I know whats happened. There is a rubber disk inside the check valve at the end of the pump. The disk is kept in place because at the center it has a long cone shaped part perpendicular to it stiking through a hole into the pump. Here is a crud representation of what I mean:

|ooooo|
|oo||oo|
|__/ \ _|
|_ | |_|
|--------|
|--------|

Basically the part that is sticking up in the middle has gotten pushed back in to the check valve and isn't keeping the disk in place. With out the disk in the correct positionair pressure leaks back into the pump.

edit; My ASCII drawing isn't turning out when I submit the post so view the 'o' as empty space.

Edited by J_cobbers, 28 October 2005 - 12:06 AM.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users