WebbZter's Content

There have been 47 items by WebbZter (Search limited from 03-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#10423 X-stream Maxshot

Posted by WebbZter on 25 September 2003 - 08:40 PM in General Nerf

I find it funny that nobody has bothered to answer this guy's question. TRU stands for Toys R Us.

#10270 Is Cpvc Really Good For Anything?

Posted by WebbZter on 23 September 2003 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

Are you sure you are using the right diameter backer rod for the barrel?

Barrel Type------------->Foam Backer Rod Diameter

1/2" Sched 40 PVC----->5/8" Foam Backer Rod

1/2" CPVC--------------->1/2" Foam Backer Rod

9/16" or 17/32" Brass-->1/2" Foam Backer Rod

PETG Tubing------------->1/2" Foam Backer Rod

#10071 Big Bad Boner

Posted by WebbZter on 20 September 2003 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

What kind of spring did you replace the stock one with? I suggest that you replace the spring with one from Home Depot, and make sure you stretch it out so it is as long as the stock spring. It worked wonders for me. :D

#9613 How To Straighten Stefans

Posted by WebbZter on 13 September 2003 - 10:55 AM in General Nerf

You don't put them in the washer. You put them in the dryer. I used that method when I was selling mass quantities of Stefans.

#9329 My Flash Game

Posted by WebbZter on 06 September 2003 - 10:10 PM in Off Topic

That's really cool! Nice job!

#9244 Thinkin Of An At2k Mod

Posted by WebbZter on 04 September 2003 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

Yes, Crest of Fire has done this before. His gun is showcased in the Evil Armory, Section III. The Evil Armory is located at All Evil.

His guns were also featured in the first issue of Foam Improvement. You can download the first issue there, but make sure you download Microsoft Reader as well. If that's a problem for you then PM me and I'll send you the article through e-mail as a word document.

#9049 Max Shot

Posted by WebbZter on 02 September 2003 - 02:57 PM in Modifications

Saw the original barrel down to about half an inch. Then stick the CPVC coupler on. CPVC fits micro Stefans very tightly so you want to try and keep your barrel short. Otherwise, the increased friction slows down the dart.

#9017 Can It Be Done?

Posted by WebbZter on 01 September 2003 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

If I were you, I'd just snag one of these:

You told me a long time ago that those wouldn't work! You lied! Just kidding. Yes you can find those in any pet store that carries aquarium supplies.

#8928 Gun Distances

Posted by WebbZter on 30 August 2003 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Another factor is the quality of the dart (if you are using home-made darts). A poorly made dart will do weird things in the air and you'll get less distance and accuracy.

#8531 Un Explosion In Baghdad

Posted by WebbZter on 20 August 2003 - 10:47 PM in Off Topic

I agree with you, Merlinski. Bombs don't make very good political statements and neither does hypocrisy. I have a question though. What do you think we should be doing instead of dropping bombs on them? If we stop the attacks we have no guarantee that terrorists will do the same, and we all know what happens when you give a mouse a cookie.

#8521 Project Nerf Cocker

Posted by WebbZter on 20 August 2003 - 08:49 PM in Homemades

I thought this visual aid might be helpful:

Autococker Animation.

It has a 3D animation of an autococker's firing sequence and a 2D animation.

#8519 Un Explosion In Baghdad

Posted by WebbZter on 20 August 2003 - 08:19 PM in Off Topic

I think his point is that these people think killing Americans is justified in the same way that most Americans think killing terrorists is justified. It is a duty to them. Killing them won't change their minds, especially since these people put their cause above their lives (therefore we have suicide bombings). Killing Terrorist A won't make his buddy, Terrorist B, think that killing Americans is bad. We're fighting an idea. Right now we are fighting the idea by incapacitating the people who hold onto these ideas and the terrorists are doing the exact same thing. They are incapacitating the people who hold ideas that conflict with their own.

#4912 Homophobia

Posted by WebbZter on 22 May 2003 - 10:10 PM in Site Feedback

It all boils down to what defines a person's worthiness. To me, the worthiness of a person is based on their honesty, their respect, whether or not they work hard, how willing they are to help others in need, etc. I do not think the person that one sleeps with has any effect on whether or not he or she is honest. Therefore, I accept homosexuals.

#4694 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by WebbZter on 17 May 2003 - 02:00 PM in Off Topic

I thought the movie was not as good as the original as well. I felt they pushed the fight scenes too far and stretched them out too long. They began to bore me. The movie did offer an interesting look at the lives of people who have been freed from the Matrix.

<SPOILER ALERT>

I didn't really understand the end though. What would have happened if he had gone through the other door?</SPOILER ALERT>

#3682 X*stream Modification

Posted by WebbZter on 19 April 2003 - 10:22 PM in Modifications

Hey guys, I just found out something really cool about the Max Shot. The white barrel is exactly the same outer diameter as 1/2" CPVC. Therefore, you can stick a 1/2" CPVC coupler right on there and attach a 1/2" CPVC, coupler-breech barrel.

Now if you prefer 1/2" PVC, you should still stick a 1/2" CPVC coupler onto the white barrel. Then take a 1/2" PVC coupler and glue it over the 1/2" CPVC coupler (they fit together really well). Afterwards, you can stick a PVC barrel into the setup.

If you prefer to go brass, do the mod for the 1/2" PVC barrel and then stick the brass into the 1/2" PVC!

You can go from 1/2" CPVC to 1/2" PVC to brass and it is all made possible thanks to a 1/2" CPVC coupler!

Here is a picture of my Max Shot with a 1/2" CPVC Home-made turret: Max Shot Pic

*I didn't post the picture right into the forum because it is really big and I didn't want to slow down loading times*

#2928 SOF2 Or CS

Posted by WebbZter on 03 April 2003 - 04:01 PM in Off Topic

I like to play Soldier of Fortune 2 better because I tend to do better at that game than Counter-Strike.

#2735 Ohio Nerfers.

Posted by WebbZter on 27 March 2003 - 03:23 PM in General Nerf

The NEO Faction is located around Cleveland. Diablo and I are the leaders. Visit the NEO Faction Clan Site for more information.

#2320 Eono

Posted by WebbZter on 18 March 2003 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

NEO Faction is located around the Cleveland area. We hold the (almost monthly) OHNOs and have a dozen primary members and more who occasionally join in. Diablo and I are the clan leaders.

#1997 Base Defense Cannons, And You

Posted by WebbZter on 04 March 2003 - 05:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I had to build a working model trebuchet for my history class. Use this as a resource: http://members.iinet...ne/gctrebs.html

They study historical trebuchet drawings and replicate them. In my opinion, a treb would be too impractical (both counter-weight and traction types). You'd get much more out of a sling (I believe there are diagrams of slings on the above mentioned site too).

Zero, how do the spent shells get ejected?

#1978 Working Home-made Barrel Assembly

Posted by WebbZter on 03 March 2003 - 10:42 PM in Homemades

I chose to use a single coupler because it would reduce the bulkiness of the turret. You can choose to put a coupler on the end of every barrel if you wish to do so. If there isn't enough room, then use a larger piece of piping for the center piece. In fact, if somebody were to get a rather large piece of PVC for the center piece that person can have a huge turret with more than half a dozen barrels, although that would be quite bulky.

#1907 Working Home-made Barrel Assembly

Posted by WebbZter on 01 March 2003 - 06:09 PM in Homemades

Check out my Home-Made Barrel Assembly!

It's really simple. It's just 5 pieces of 1/2" CPVC glued together using Plumber's Goop like the 5 on a dice. It plugs into a coupler on the front of my AT2000. This opens up the opportunity for interchangable turrets... Got to make more! *Props to Cadmond*

#1817 Lnl Spring Upgrade

Posted by WebbZter on 26 February 2003 - 10:39 AM in Modifications

Just go to your local hardware store. Home Depot has a good selection of springs. That's where I got my spring for my BBB.

#1783 Airtech Liquid Gauge

Posted by WebbZter on 24 February 2003 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

Oh...you are...smart.

I didn't consider the possibility of punching a hole in the rubber pad.

#1767 Airtech Liquid Gauge

Posted by WebbZter on 24 February 2003 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

After emptying my Air Tech Liquid Gauge on my AT 2000 I have come to the conclusion that emptying the liquid does not enlarge the size of the air tank.

To understand my reasoning, first you must understand the construction of the liquid gauge. As described by Cxwq, it is a plastic vial with a rubber sheet over the end of it. When the air is pumped in, the pressure pushes the rubber sheet upwards, into the vial as the rubber pad takes the shape of a dome. This in turn, decreases the volume of the vial and pushes the liquid upwards.

After emptying the liquid gauge, one must replace the rubber pad into the vial. The rubber pad prevents the air from going into the vial where the liquid was once held. Also, the gun will not function without the rubber pad since it is necessary for a good seal (without it the air just leaks out between the two halves of the liquid gauge). Therefore, air tank volume before and after draining the AT Liquid Gauge are equivalent. Cxwq and Spoon's findings at the YANO support my reasoning.

#1565 Hans Blix

Posted by WebbZter on 18 February 2003 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Sorry to burst you bubble GD but I had that same mod except with a sm3k tank done for about 3 months now. And heres proof. Prooofy-poo !

Yes, but was the 3000 integrated like this?

WebbZter's PC mod

It was that gun of mine (props to Zero Talent for his help) that inspired Gunned Down and he modified his in that fashion.

#1479 At3k Petg Mod Writeup

Posted by WebbZter on 17 February 2003 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

Does the gun take more pumps to pressurize now that the liquid gauge has been drained?

#1411 At3k Petg Mod Writeup

Posted by WebbZter on 15 February 2003 - 01:26 PM in Modifications

That looks very nice. So by cutting the barrels off behind the line there is enough room in the stubs for the PETG tubing?

#1320 Homemade Darts?

Posted by WebbZter on 12 February 2003 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

You have three choices that I know of:

1) Saw off the barrel and replace it with a piece of PVC pipe (you'll also see an increase in range)

2) Twist the pin off using a pair of needle-nosed pliers

3) Burn a hole into the back of the darts by putting a Wendy's straw to the back and twisting it really quickly. The Wendy's straw will "drill" into the dart

Tell us what guns they are so we can give you specific instructions.

#1269 The War With Iraq!

Posted by WebbZter on 10 February 2003 - 09:06 PM in Off Topic

1) The economy is in a slump and a war will not help it as it did in WWII. We have enough military surplus to equipt our troops. Infact, the prospect of war is stopping people from investing (economy isn't my strongest area so I may be wrong).

2) If Iraq does launch a preemptive strike they might as well hang themselves because as Merlinski said, it will fully justify the US in its attack on Iraq as well as give us international support. Then it will become Iraq vs. the World.

3) If any of you have ever watched Black Hawk Down or read the book you'll realize that Saddam has a huge advantage on his home turf. He can pass out AK-47s to the citizens of Baghdad and he'll have an instant army. Sure they might not want to fight but Saddam has ways to convince his people to fight for him (torture, killing children, starvation, murder, use as human shields, propoganda, hostages etc.).

4) Saddam will not hesitate to use his chemical and biological weapons if attacked. A single drop of nerve gas to the skin will kill. Most soldiers probably won't even have time to put on their nuclear, biohazard, chemical protection gear before they are terminally affected.

5) Even if Saddam is funding terrorism, there are other countries that are helping terrorists even more such as Saudi Arabia. That supplies more fuel to Evil Angel's argument that there are bigger fish in the sea.

6) After we kill Saddam, then what do we do? What is going to stop Saddam Jr. from taking over once again?

7) Occupying a hostile country costs a lot of money. It's like sending the US military to an all year camp.

8) Airstrikes on his major facilities will have serious blowbacks. Saddam has used human shields in the past and nothing will stop him from using them again. Now lets say he piles up 2,000 living, breathing, innocent, sweet little children into his nuclear weapons facility and one of our bombs hits it. Then we will have people all over the world getting on our case.

#983 Sm750 P.E.T.G. Barrel Replacement

Posted by WebbZter on 28 January 2003 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

If you look closely, there is a possibilty of integrating the internals of a second SM 750 into the shell "Kronk-style". The pump would go through the protrusion on the back and the air tank would fit through the top. It would be necessary to file down the top of the casing since its curved surface gets in the way of the second SM 750.

#978 Sm750 P.E.T.G. Barrel Replacement

Posted by WebbZter on 28 January 2003 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

That looks very cool. The ranges are impressive too. I would like to get some of that stuff from you. I am designing a gravity-fed clip weapon and it would be very helpful. If I use clear tubing for the clip I can see if the ammo has advanced.

#807 At3k And At4k First Impressions

Posted by WebbZter on 22 January 2003 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

Sounds like you've been having fun! You are correct about the barrel rotation mechanism. When you push the pump forward a protruding piece of plastic on the front of the pump pushes a piece of the barrel rotation assembly making the barrels turn. It would be difficult to replace the pump with another one and still have the barrels rotate. You would need to attach a piece of plastic to the new pump so it works like the old one.

#750 H2h In Nerf.

Posted by WebbZter on 21 January 2003 - 06:36 PM in General Nerf

We allow H2H in our wars but we have a rule that one cannot use excessive force. We usually just tap the other guy with our weapon. Although the term "excessive force" can be pretty subjective we haven't had any problems with people getting hurt from H2H...yet.

#595 Airtech Modification Round Table Discussion

Posted by WebbZter on 14 January 2003 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

Are the air tanks of the AT3000 and the AT4000 identical?

#594 Homemade Gun

Posted by WebbZter on 14 January 2003 - 03:10 PM in Homemades

Yes...glued PVC parts are stronger than not glued PVC parts. As a result, glued PVC parts can hold more pressure than not glued PVC parts. Therefore, glued PVC parts can take more pumps than not glued PVC parts.

#579 Airtech Modification Round Table Discussion

Posted by WebbZter on 13 January 2003 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

I would think so. There isn't a valve between the hose and the tank so technically, anything past the pump is part of the air tank.

#564 Airtech Modification Round Table Discussion

Posted by WebbZter on 13 January 2003 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Contrary to popular belief, the Liquid Gauge is pretty sturdy. I chopped it off of my AT 2000 and the liquid remained inside the tube. I've never had a problem with one of the gauges bursting under the pressure either so you should have very little to worry about.

The AT 2000's air tank is ever so slightly smaller than that of the SM 1500. It is only noticable if you compare them really closely though. And yes to plug the pump I simply put a drop of hot glue into the hole. After plugging the valve it helps to remove the trigger spring and replace it with a Bic Pen tube.

BTW: This is my write-up of the AT 2000 mod. After doing it the barrels aren't especially sturdy though. I think this can be fixed by placing the barrels into the stubs using the method in my previous post.

http://webbzterx.tri...verse/id38.html

#562 Airtech Modification Round Table Discussion

Posted by WebbZter on 13 January 2003 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

The AT 2000 gets very nice distance with four barrel brass or CPVC (my FBR is weird so CPVC works better). It is basically an SM 1500 with the addition of the Liquid Pressure Gauge.

I'm not sure how helpful this is but I found out something interesting about the barrel assemblies on the ATs. The barrel stubs have two layers, kind of like an onion. If you hacksaw the barrels at the line less than half way through the diameter and then pry it off using a flathead screw driver then the barrel will come off as usual, but it will rip out an inner wall of the barrel stub. This results in a barrel stub with a thinner wall and therefore higher inner diameter. That allows you to stick the brass tubing inside the stubs rather than just glue them onto the surface, which is what we have been doing.
I must warn you though, it is pretty tricky and sometimes the barrel stubs get torn in the process. On my AT2K two of the barrel stubs came off cleanly with the inner wall. The other two left a piece of the inner wall inside the stub and when I pulled that out with a pair of needle nosed plyers the entire wall of the barrel stub got ripped off leaving only 3/4 of the barrel stub's wall intact. It shouldn't affect the seal it makes with the brass though. I'll try it once I get my hands on some more brass tubing.

When modifying the AT 3000 and the AT 4000 I would recommend sawing the barrels off without removing the barrel assemblies. The internals are so complex that if you remove the barrel assemblies, chances are you will not be able to reassemble it.

#345 The Great Debate!

Posted by WebbZter on 05 January 2003 - 01:28 PM in General Nerf

Well it is easy to make your guns shoot both. Make a PVC coupler breech loading barrel and have two barrels on hand. One is just a piece of 1/2" PVC and the other is a piece of 1/2" PVC with a 9/16" brass barrel glued inside of it and then you can interchange them.

Anyways, the higher velocity of a micro dart makes them more difficult to dodge.

#343 The Great Debate!

Posted by WebbZter on 05 January 2003 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Well personally I like using Mega sized darts (Webbies) because I do not need a ram rod to load them into 1/2" PVC. I am converting to micros though for the following reasons:

1)Micros get more distance due to reduced mass and surface area.
2)Micros are more popular in my clan (with micros I can "return" the darts that my enemy fires at me).