I don't think so.

23 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 12:50 PM

So I'm drawing up plans for a funky sm 1500 integration and I'm basically running out of room. I may just have to test this, but I was wondering if the experiment has been done by someone else before. Can you infact rig up two sm 1500 to one pump? I was origonally just going to try it, but I know how touchy the nerf valves can be, so i figured it wouldn't be worth ruining my guns. Ok, any help would be appreciated,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 01 September 2003 - 12:54 PM

It can be done, it's just going to take you twice as long yo prime your weapon, and, personally, I don't see that much utility in it. Firing one chamber at a time makes everything a bit uneccessarily complicated.

VACC

#3 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • State:Victoria

Posted 01 September 2003 - 04:01 PM

Maybe a Splitfire pump would be suitable in this situation...

#4 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, a Splitfire pump would be handy, given the two check valves, but... Well, the obvious problem; Where does one cut? It's all one sturdy hard plastic unit, and may leave one with a square plastic opening after cutting, making things... Difficult.

If I were you, I'd just snag one of these:

http://www.geocities...ncheckvalve.txt
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#5 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 06:48 PM

what's that???
"This movie is the cause for all mental retardation. every kid I see walking down the street slamming their hand against their chest and yelling some incoherent sound I'm gonna point at them and yell, 'NO!!!!!!!! YOU WATCHED SKY CAPTAIN!!!!'"

~James

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 01 September 2003 - 06:57 PM

Well, uhhh...let's see. I think it's called a "Check Valve."

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 07:58 PM

Jesus, the shit you Canadians come up with, were can I get one of those anyway zero? Perhaps I should explain. The gun I'm building is just for fun, if it turns out pratical cool, but if not, no skin off my back. The basic idea is two solenoids (not the valves, actual solenoids) attached the the firing mechanisms on the sm 1500, that would use a switch designed into the trigger to allow the electrical current to pull the trigger. I'm taking an electrical engineering class and I can get some extra credit for putting a solenoid to practical use. Anyway, the reason I only wanted one pump was to save room. I actually thought about using the pump off an old air rifle I have in my basement. Anyway, thanks for the help, any more would be nice,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:30 PM

It's used for aquariums, correct?
facebook.com/gregdp

#9 WebbZter

WebbZter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:48 PM

If I were you, I'd just snag one of these:

You told me a long time ago that those wouldn't work! You lied! Just kidding. Yes you can find those in any pet store that carries aquarium supplies.

#10 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:04 PM

So, do they work for makeing home-mades?
facebook.com/gregdp

#11 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:18 PM

I've made my own check valve in a piece of 1/2" PVC, works great for my homemade. For all those who don't know, a check valve lets air in one way, but not the other. It is mandatory in order to make a homemade gun, a checkvalve allows air to go into the air tank but does not allow it to leak out.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#12 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:28 PM

That valve looks like an anti-siphon valve for aquariums. I may be wrong, but I don't think that it can handle the pressures that home-mades and modified Nerf guns generate...aquarium pumps don't generate much pressure, even though they can pump great volume (for the larger ones).

But if they're cheap, no loss to at least try...unless Zero picked one up already and tried it....

For PVC homemades, a tire valve in your tank's endcap is a great way to go. They definitely work.

And GrOOvE, that reply made my day :)

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:00 PM

Ok, extra check valve...wonderful...were the hell am I going to put this thing? In reference to the air pump were would it go. Pump to check valve to sm 1500's? The reason I insist on using sm 1500's is to make it usable in a war. Now granted I'll have to pump twice as much, but honestly, if i had two guns in a war, or if I used to seperate pumps, I would be pumping the same amount, only now I'm not fumbling over myself. I got one of the sm 1500's in the mail today, in the crappiest shape I've ever seen a gun, and while my logic and measurements were a bit off, but the basic concept will work. I've got the alpha design for the solenoids down, if any of you understand electrical skematics I may post them. Now my biggest challange simply will be fitting it all onto the gun. Were I was hoping this gun would fight more like a rifle, I thinks it's starting to switch over to a shot gun. All is well, I learn to shoot with a shot gun, and luckly with slugs rather than shells, so my aim shouldn't be too effected. Anyway, help on the check valve please,

Talio.

#14 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:03 PM

You could try a couple of little tap things(like ball valves) that they use on small sprinkler systems, they fit into small sizes of vynil tubing( maybe they have a Y type one...)

#15 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:06 PM

Wait dude, if youre going to use that check valve, use different tubing, cause ive heard that aquarium tubing cant hold the air pressure without popping. Probably similar to the tubing in the old version sm1500. Exploded.... :lol:

#16 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:24 PM

Hey Talio, just found this outside, its a Y connector with 2 ball valves, and a 3/4" screw in intake. Its made for garden hoses, but I reckon it can be adapted to fit your needs...

Lech.

#17 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:44 AM

I probably should have replied a bit earlier... I got this "Lee's" or some such check valve, and it was crap. Pretty much a little rubber disk secured by a small spring that was practically piercing the membrane. Stupid design,and the membrane flipped and fell out of place first use. Second was one by Petcetera themselves. Bluish little fattie with a rubber membrane that relied on pressure alone to keep it's malleable rubber shape sealing the input. Needless to say, it leaked. This one is performing a lot better than the others, and I've tried it with an RF20 pump, just for some fun, dry fit. After about two pumps into a 4" long piece of 1/4"OD Vinyl tubing (Slightly thicker than aquarium tubing), there was a rather adequate amount of pressure, and no backwash. I see good things for it, if only I needed it now. Silly lack-o-Nerf.

You don't seem to know the kind of system I'm talking about, so go with Lech's part.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#18 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:51 AM

Ok perhaps I should have been more clear throughout this post. I CAN get the two sm 1500's hooked to the one pump, no sweat, I just made that Y part out of superglue, duck tape, plumbers good, epoxy, and some tubing. My real question, since I only have one sm 1500 so far therefore cannot me tested, is can it be done and what are the downfalls. What I'm concerned about is breaking one of the valves on the guns. If one of the valves is full and one empty, will the other one fill, and if so, is it possible to do any damage to the already full valve when pump the empty one. I could do a open close system, but id rather not to save room. As is, the gun is going to be huge, and it's getting heavy. Now for my even geekier rage, I have another question. Can I use a different pump with the sm 1500, and again, what would be the down falls. I've actually use my knowledge of electronics and made a solenoid powered air pump. It's still buggy, but basically, i hooked the solenoid to a flasher, which is the fuse in a car that makes your blinker blink, and then to a battery. As long as the switch is on, the solenoid will pump the air tank. I'm thinking, if you guys are interested, of putting a site on the web about this gun, with some pics and maybe even video of how it's gong to work. The finished result should be a gun that fires extremely easily, and pumps the air tank itself. Also, I've been thinking that this system would be great for homemades, because the electric air pump is extremely easy to build, pumps fast making the downfall of high pumping time obsolete and its relatively small (it's long, but the ID is low). The electronic trigger system would be perfect for homemade pull valves, in fact, it would make a semi-auto homemade alot easier to use. So if you guys are interested I can slap that together. All in all, once I'm done all the R and D crap, the gun should be fairly easy to build.

Talio.

PS. This system is extremely hard to explain, thanks for those trying to understand.

#19 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:51 PM

Talio, can you draw something up in paint and stick it up here? A picture speaks a thousand words...as they say

Lech.

#20 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 05:15 PM

Dude, I've gone much further than that. I'm posting all my R and D on a site and it should be up in a few days, but I'm still testing my solenoids. There is no rush for this thing, in fact I'll probably let it die untill I get some real progress.

#21 cobra

cobra

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

Wait dude, if youre going to use that check valve, use different tubing, cause ive heard that aquarium tubing cant hold the air pressure without popping. Probably similar to the tubing in the old version sm1500. Exploded.... :lol:

Well that is a good idea.
click here for easy money

#22 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

Ok, this is your second necro in less than 5 minutes, in topics that are years old. The admins erotically massage such behavior.

Edited by nerfer75, 25 June 2008 - 02:24 PM.

---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#23 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

Ok, this is your second necro in less than 5 minutes, in topics that are years old. The admins erotically massage such behavior.

And he necroed a topic no less than almost 5 years old! It must be a record!
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#24 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

Wait dude, if youre going to use that check valve, use different tubing, cause ive heard that aquarium tubing cant hold the air pressure without popping. Probably similar to the tubing in the old version sm1500. Exploded.... :blush:

Well that is a good idea.

See you....well....never.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users