IceAnubis's Content

There have been 60 items by IceAnubis (Search limited from 04-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#129544 From Iceanubis

Posted by IceAnubis on 12 November 2007 - 03:05 PM in Off Topic

Anubis, are you the person who came out with Rose's judgment?

Yes.

The Legendary Weapons series was discontinued, even though both 02 Getsurei and 03 Ryuujin were in the process of being completed. Now, they have pretty much become the laser tag ADV system. ^-^

#128918 From Iceanubis

Posted by IceAnubis on 07 November 2007 - 05:44 AM in Off Topic

Hi! It's been a long time, I know. I suppose I left on the note of completing Legendary Weapon 02- Getsurei (which is still sitting unfinished on a shelf.. something broke inside of it, and I haven't even opened it up to look in the past year and a half or whatever it's been).

Now I'm in art school, and I've stopped modding Nerf blasters. Nerf became too tedious and difficult for me, as I could only really play it with children and I was the only one who knew how to make and fix anything. Darts were lost, hours were spent messing around with air pressure I knew nothing about and flimsy plastics. I wanted to move on. I've grown to favor laser tag over Nerf, and I'll post ADV System 02- Getsurei MkII (Essentially a laser tag Legendary Weapon line) in the appropriate forum here when it's done. In any case, I wanted you all to know that I'm doing fine (if you remember me) and that I still think about you guys.

So, I hope the topic I made isn't improper somehow. Just wanted to say hello to you guys!

-Anubis

EDIT- Jesus Christ I joined over four years ago. It's been longer than I thought.

#90332 Kapowwe Airsoft Nades

Posted by IceAnubis on 24 September 2006 - 01:51 PM in General Nerf

Personally, I don't see why the grenade can't just be used as-is. It might work with 3/8 short stefans, though. Airsoft pellets seem to be just fine for Nerf, in my experience. I am going to mount an airsoft grenade launcher to Getsurei's lower weaver rail... 8D

Someone should buy some of these and try them as they are in a normal war. Maybe I will.

Good find,

-Anubis

#90331 Intro/ Got An Idea.

Posted by IceAnubis on 24 September 2006 - 01:47 PM in Homemades

The first thing this reminded me of was an autococker. <3

I'm looking forward to a practical adaptation of this concept.

#89377 Perfered Nerf Guns And Combat Styles

Posted by IceAnubis on 09 September 2006 - 05:41 AM in General Nerf

I use a single shot, high power blaster. I try to avoid ever missing. In a 4 person war, I rarely ever use more than 2-3 shots. One time we won a war when I only fired once. I'll always make sure I'm going to hit my opponent before I fire. When it's finished, I'll be using a heavily modified Crossbow called Getsurei. It uses special mega darts that are carbon fiber supported and use acrylic crystals for the tips. They're kind of like balls, so they don't hurt much more than hot glue.

As for strategy, I sneak around a lot. I ambush, I hide, I pursue silently. I also command my team with radios, and we surround the opposition to make ourselves seem bigger. Still, if our teams are equal, the moment one guy is taken out, we seem to have the upper hand.

#89180 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by IceAnubis on 06 September 2006 - 06:58 AM in Modifications

That is completely hawt. I love you. XD

Dude, seriously... great job making it not only functional, but cosmetically sound. I seriously gotta get my den cleared out so I can use my new scroll saw to start actually DOING stuff.

Great job. <3

-Anubis

#87694 Magstrike Questions

Posted by IceAnubis on 17 August 2006 - 06:37 AM in General Nerf

Iceanubis, have you tried tightening the screws on the case? That was a problem with my PC after I opened it up; a whole shitload of tweaking with the screw tightness fixed it.

Uh not going to lie, I didn't check this topic after my last post until now. Anyways, each bladder has 2 holes; one for in and one for out, right? Well I figured that if you used something like 2 4-way tubing connectors, you could link all the inputs and all the outputs to one 4-way connector each, and then use the remaining opening in the connector to connect the now linked bladders to the pump and output area.

~ompa

You know, I haven't tried that. However, I will try to mess with the screws and see if it makes a difference. If not, I have a big, complicated mess to deal with since I would intend to either mod the wheel thing AssassinNF was talking about or make my own lever system. I'll give you an update.

#87601 Magstrike Questions

Posted by IceAnubis on 16 August 2006 - 07:34 AM in General Nerf

Hmm. I have a Magstrike, and it is completely useless due to the clip "tension". It falls back in unless kept perfectly still (of course unless it is being actively fired in fully automatic mode, and even then it will fall down if moved with any considerable force).

The only thing I can think of to fix the problem is some electrical tape or the installation of a system that doesn't allow the clip to move down until you push/pull a button, which would be a rather simple mechanical lever.

-Anubis

#87365 Rifled Barrels

Posted by IceAnubis on 14 August 2006 - 06:42 AM in Homemades

rifling is normally added with a gun tap, but the problems involved in doing so with a foam projectile are two fold.
1. The projectile isn't really travelling very quickly and hopefully isn't interacting with the barrel very much
2. The rifling angle would need to be shallower than what's available using standard taps

You wouldn't want to rifle anymore than the the final outer third of the barrel because you need a seal in order for the dart to get up to speed before leaving the barrel. With a lead bullet there are much higher pressures involved that deform the slug into the rifling and thus maintaining the seal. With a foam dart however it's not conforming to the inside of the barrel much at all and any sections with rifling will not maintain a seal because the propelling air will escape through the rifling.

Hard to implement and the gains probably wouldn't be very noticable. The most novel approach to dart spin stabilization that's been discussed here was to simply make a spinning barrel to fire the dart from.

Yeah, he and I were discussing this over AIM. I'm developing a spinning barrel system called the "Inertia Drive", which will hopefully be a completed prototype pretty soon.

I will make the darts with heads made from rubber balls of a very slightly smaller diameter than the dart's body, spreading the weight out over a wider area so it holds its inertia more efficiently. I don't know if anyone has done it before, but I'm doing it now. :( I'll make a topic about it later.

Anyway, even if rifling would be practical in any way, it would be way too damn hard to implement. The PTEG rifling I've seen is pretty.. messy, to say the least.

-Anubis

#87363 Armageddon Recap Thread

Posted by IceAnubis on 14 August 2006 - 02:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Holy crap, it sounds like you guys had serious fun.

I just want to say that, well, I couldn't make it because my family situation kind of exploded. It was rather sudden, but there is a reason that I missed the game. Next year, I'll try hard to make it just like I did this year.

#86045 Magstrike On Nerf

Posted by IceAnubis on 30 July 2006 - 03:52 AM in General Nerf

I think you're right. I just got a Magstrike today at my TRU here in Las Vegas, but there was no Longshot. D:

#84279 Buzz Bee Toys Tommy 20

Posted by IceAnubis on 03 July 2006 - 07:06 PM in General Nerf

I don't see them at my TRU. Where do you live?

Las Vegas. I'll take a picture of it when I come back today just to make sure you guys know I'm not being an ass.

Anyway, I haven't tested ranges. The flywheels are more similar to MBZ's flywheels. However, they are made from either plastic or hard rubber.

#84272 Buzz Bee Toys Tommy 20

Posted by IceAnubis on 03 July 2006 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

Alright, so I walked into TRU and found a Tommy 20. 15 dollars. It's smaller than I thought it was, but it does have a stock that *gasp* fits me when expanded.As expected, it is powered by two flywheels which I believe are powered by individual motors. It runs on three AA batteries. I want to replace these motors with higher quality brushed motors. Someone has done this once before with an MBZ, and that's what has inspired me. I intend to make an MBZ insanely powerful, too. :3

Anyway, the velocity it produces is impressive for a motorized blaster. The precision is not very good, but that's rather expected. When firing faster, the precision decreases drastically. The Tommy 20 is not hard to hold, either. I like how it feels. The blaster is surprisingly light, too, and I think that with a motor upgrade, a Nerfer with two of these would do a good job of clearing a base. It is semi-automatic.

Tommy 20 VS Rapid Fire 20:

T20:
Lower ROF
Less shot precision
I'll assume it has shorter range with the stock motors, but new motors can propel the darts at a similar velocity, I think.

More balanced
Has a stock
Easier to hold with one hand
Faster reloading due to the lack of a priming stage
Doesn't require a minimization
A little more "gun" shaped, so it will accept integrations a little more easily
Less expensive

I like it. I think it's a great rushing blaster. I'm going to buy another one just so I can have one in each hand.

That's what I think. Anyone else?

-Anubis

#82532 Now I'm Not Usually One To Ask...

Posted by IceAnubis on 30 May 2006 - 02:16 AM in Modifications

That was my at3k. Rather than cutting down the stock barrels, I used a metal lathe to trim down the cpvc so it would fit inside them. I never really posted a thread on it except in the HQ arsenals thread. Here's a better pic:

Posted Image

Did you have any questions? The stock barrels have been drilled out, so there isn't anything disrupting the airway, and the cpvc barrels added.

Another pic:

Posted Image

I must buy a desk lathe.

I love your work. ^-^; It inspires me.

#82220 Nerf War/assassins On Fox9

Posted by IceAnubis on 22 May 2006 - 04:30 PM in General Nerf

This video really makes me feel good. What's amazing is that it's on the news, it's about teenager, it's about a combat game and it isn't negative. I'm placing signs around Las Vegas now. I want to have a Nerf war like this.

#81734 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by IceAnubis on 13 May 2006 - 12:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be very happy to finally see some of the big guys from the NERF community. ^-^ I look forward to meeting you all. Also, it looks like my arrival is finalized. I'll be there- with Legendary Weapon 02: Getsurei. :3

#80583 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by IceAnubis on 21 April 2006 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I think return fire is his main concern...

I'm perfectly fine with you guys shooting megas, quite frankly. If a decent group of you guys actually come out, there'll be megas everywhere.

I take it the players in this war frequently use mega darts?

#79985 C.s.h.g.

Posted by IceAnubis on 15 April 2006 - 02:47 AM in Homemades

I have two different digital cameras that can record short video clips so that's not an issue. The issue is getting the gun built and working. hehe

The motor, battery, and toggle switch arrived. The battery is a hefty 15 pounds on it's own.

Ouch. That's very heavy!

You needed that big of a battery for this thing? The motor must need some serious power.

-Anubis

#79984 Blown Rapid Fire20 Chamber Help?

Posted by IceAnubis on 15 April 2006 - 02:44 AM in Modifications

I'd say you should find a new tube. Maybe layered inner tubes? I'm not so sure, honestly.

I wonder if anyone else has an alternative? Do a search for it. I'd do it, but I'm pretty wiped.

If you patch the thing, it's likely that it won't last for long, if at all.

-Anubis

#79918 C.s.h.g.

Posted by IceAnubis on 14 April 2006 - 06:36 AM in Homemades

... This project is so incredible that it's actually making me want to work on something. Seriously, I've had "engineer's block" for months now and you, Captain Slug, have just broken it.

Absolutley incredible work. I'll try to build one too. <3

-Anubis

#79912 Atomizer

Posted by IceAnubis on 14 April 2006 - 03:57 AM in General Nerf

The MBZ is fun, but LOUD. It also wastes battery life. But it has a good ROF.

I'm totally in love with the MBZ. The original Ballzooka is supposed to be awesome, too. Only for indoor wars though, I suppose.

-Anubis

#79911 How To Paint

Posted by IceAnubis on 14 April 2006 - 03:55 AM in General Nerf

So you think that maybe adding too thick of a coat of paint will cause the sticky feeling? I think that I massively overcoated with the clear coat. It's very difficult to see how much I've put on there. Are there any suggestions as how to keep better track of the thickness of the clear coat?

I think that I may try using a light and angling it so I can see when a part of the blaster gets shiny. I'll know to stop painting that spot when that happens!

-Anubis

#79656 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by IceAnubis on 11 April 2006 - 10:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh. I'm sorry! I guess I didn't see it.

... I really don't know how I didn't see it. Oh well. I'm airheaded like that. Forgive me!

The fifteenth it is.

-Anubis

#79649 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by IceAnubis on 11 April 2006 - 09:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I think this year, I'll definately make Armageddon. I chose a video game tournament (Armored Core) over Armageddon last time and it didn't turn out so well for me. ^-^

I hope this Armageddon to be the best one yet! I'll keep checking back here for dates. If there is a date and I didn't see it, don't beat me in the face with an Ultimator.

-Anubis

#79612 Painting

Posted by IceAnubis on 11 April 2006 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

Sandpaper will be a chore, but it will work. You can try Paint Clean Up from Wal-Mart. Test it on something else first, though. It may or may not take the paint off and prolonged exposure may damage the plastic.

Personally, I think it's a better idea to just buy a new shell.

-Anubis

#79606 How To Paint

Posted by IceAnubis on 11 April 2006 - 06:30 PM in General Nerf

I'm using enamel hobby paints in my airbrush. I used flat black to prime because there's no black primer. Imagine that.

Anyway, why does the enamel come out feeling so nasty and sticky? I need to coat it with nail polish in order for it to feel even remotely plasticy.

#78978 Angels Bbb

Posted by IceAnubis on 06 April 2006 - 02:56 AM in Modifications

I love this. It's an excellent idea. And what better blaster to use for such a purpose? I think this idea alone brings the Big Bad Bow up a few notches all by itself.

Excellent work.

Oh, and what are those strange white darts?

-Anubis

#78977 Combos Thread

Posted by IceAnubis on 06 April 2006 - 02:44 AM in General Nerf

(A little off topic, but I figured I should say it)
It's slightly difficult to say what I use now because I just changed the way I play my wars. They used to be ten hit. I just realized that ten hits was what made Nerfing for me so tedious (hard to keep track of hits, easy to cheat, uses lots of ammo, lasts too long, and then it takes hours to make the darts again.). Now it's only one hit, like in paintball, which I've just started playing. I'm sure most of you use one hit most of the time.

Anyway, for my previous wars I've been using this stuff:

Outdoors:
Incomplete Getsurei (Crossbow with a brass removable barrel, super re-inforced internals (carbon fiber composite supported plunger shaft, solid aluminum angle supported spring compression wall, bolts through both sides of the casing behind the aluminum).

Nautilus Magnum (Old Red X blaster I made a long time ago. It's just blue now. 4 barrel AT2K, essentially)

Nite Finder with the ammo holder chopped off. Has a removable brass barrel.

Indoors:
Never played indoor, but I'm sure I'd stick with the Nite Finder.

-Anubis

#78972 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by IceAnubis on 06 April 2006 - 01:07 AM in General Nerf

I think that these blasters have single handedly gotten me back into Nerf. After all, you know how much I love huge, over-sized monster blasters that look awesome. Well, you probably don't. But now you do!

I'm looking forward to the release of both of these blasters. The Longshot looks like it has incredible modification potential and also seems like something I can turn into a Legendary Weapon.

Perhaps I'm looking forward to your modifications of these blasters more than actually obtaining them.

-Anubis

#69674 Heavyarms Rf20 Custom

Posted by IceAnubis on 21 December 2005 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

I LOVE IT. This is similar to an idea I have.

It's called "Project Hailfire Gunner". It involves supported exoskeleton arms made from PVC, hinges and padding. Each arm would have two RF20s mounted to them and the triggers would be extended with steel wire to easy accessible triggers inside the exo arms. Unleash 80 darts on someone at once? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Anyway, try to make it look a little better. Replace any duct tape with plastic or metal scrap plates and bolt it together with cheap machine screws from target. It'll look and feel better. :3

Love it love it love it... Keep up the good work. Kick assley insane ideas like this own so much even if they aren't so practical.

#68797 Ris Cosmetics

Posted by IceAnubis on 04 December 2005 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

Everyone is getting so adept at paintjobs. I'm impressed~!

Good job.

#68796 The Icebow

Posted by IceAnubis on 04 December 2005 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

YOU JUST HAD TO DO THIS DIDN'T YOU SJFKJGKJSKJ

Haha, great paint job. I love that kind of theme to death. Now if I can only get my crossbow working properly so I can paint it. >_>

#64642 Mech Six's In Stores!

Posted by IceAnubis on 29 September 2005 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

I had both the Mech Six and Triple Mech in my arsenal for about three days. The Triple Mech is completely useless. Well, it seems that way anyway. If you want a motorized ball blaster, get the MBZ. Soon I'm going to replace the motors in my MBZ with combat robot weapon motors. >:3

Anyway, yeah. Mech Six has some advantages. It has the fastest reload ever. With a little clip modification, you could make a drop-it-in dart loader very easily. But, I didn't want to bother with it. The range and accuracy are both minimal. The Mech Six is clearly a close-quarters blaster.

Mech Six, unlike the MBZ, does not store energy in a flywheel. It just has a couple of gears that rely entirely on the top speed of the motor and the geardown to fire the dart. This results in extremely low spin-up time. However, the force is decreased. This weapon could be modified to be very useful in indoor battles. It would just take some time and a little bit of imagination. ;3

#63586 Legendary Weapon 01: Rose's Judgement

Posted by IceAnubis on 13 September 2005 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

I going to have to call you on creepy...

Nah, he's like my best friend, and he sees the rose like I see the moon.

While the gun is pretty sweet looking, very sweet looking, it's still just a nitefinder with basic mods. Much props for the paint job, but you weird me out more than green kethcup.

Why do I weird you out?

Also, keep in mind that this particular model is probably the least geared towards modification than the others. Consider it kind of... a prototype. The basic modifications were all I really needed to make it the type of blaster I wanted it to be: Short range and fast reload. It's hardly a novelty piece, but it is the most so of all of the Legendary Weapons by comparison. Just wait for Deep Thunder and the Getsurei.

#63572 Legendary Weapon 01: Rose's Judgement

Posted by IceAnubis on 13 September 2005 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

Very beautiful work. From the way you've explained this your using the gun in a kind of LARP sense?

What do you mean?

And.. Yes! Sure, I can make a Care Bear blaster. Hell, I can even make RLMs. You know, Rainbow Love Missiles. :3

#63536 Legendary Weapon 01: Rose's Judgement

Posted by IceAnubis on 12 September 2005 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

That is a damn good paintjob. I'm not a big fan of dark red paintjobs, but it does look sharp on the NF.

The rose is hella cute. If you're giving it to a girl (assuming that you are), you might get laid.

.. It's a guy. >_>

... Shut up! xD

Nah, he's like my best friend, and he sees the rose like I see the moon. The most beautiful thing that could ever exist. So, I made this blaster to reflect that. You know, I nearly had a heart attack when I thought I made a typo! Judgement can be spelled like that or as "Judgment".

Soon I will be working on the Getsurei blaster. This is my most highly anticipated blaster right along with the Deep Thunder.

Thank you for the kind responses. I'm really glad you liked it. Not bad for a first huh? ;3

-Anubis

#63523 Legendary Weapon 01: Rose's Judgement

Posted by IceAnubis on 12 September 2005 - 02:02 PM in Modifications

I've returned (probably briefly) to bring you the Rose's Judgement, the first of the series of modified and customized blasters I'm designing.

I've been working on it for weeks so I can give it to my friend as a birthday gift.

Posted Image

The blaster was custom painted and detailed by me. It has a stretched spring and removed air restrictors. I left out a brass barrel for two reasons. The first reason is that I wanted to keep outer area cutting to a minimum (in this case a complete absence). The second reason is that I wanted to make this blaster more of a close range, high ROF weapon.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Here you can see the custom stickers I made in photoshop, printed, cut and applied myself. Look closely in these pictures and the others to see the rhinestones I've applied for detail. They're made from real glass.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Here you can see more rhinestones on the top, and on the laser casing. Also, pay attention to the photos to see silver painted parts: Plunger tube, front barrel (not the tip), and the ammo holders.

The Legendary Weapons are made to reflect what's inside of my friends. Therefore, I can only make them for people I know very very well. However, I won't make them for my friends that won't treat them well or won't appreciate my effort.

The Legendary Weapons are supposed to come with a fictional backstory, too. However, I have not had the time to write a backstory for Rose's Judgement yet.

These blasters each have a set of rules. Only the person I chose to recieve the Legendary Weapon may weild it in combat. The only others that can weild it are the creator of the weapons and other holders of Legendary Weapons. This is to preserve the personal meaning of the blasters, and to add a little mystical rule just for fun. ;)

The next Legendary Weapons are already in planning.

Legendary Weapon 02: Getsurei (weilded by me)- Crossbow. Modified with a long removable brass barrel, a four barreled AT2K setup mounted in a custom casing below the foregrip, a laser point sight, a flashlight mount and foam grips. Custom painted deep purple and metallic black with metal plates, machine screws and custom stickers for detail.

Legendary Weapon 03: Deep Thunder (weilded by ???)- Titan AS-V.1. Modified with a 12" removable barrel, a scope and a sling. Deep blue and silver with white details and lightning stickers.

Legendary Weapon 04: Stainless Death (weilded by ???)- RapidFire 20. Minimized with a sling and a flashlight mount. I'm not sure of the coloring or the details quite yet, as this project is pretty far away.

Keep in mind that 03 and 04 aren't final yet, and I suppose 02 isn't really either. But when a new Legendary Weapon is completed, I'll post it here.

My new username is IceAnubis, but the administrator has not verified it yet. So, I just used my old account to post the Rose's Judgement.

~Anubis

#55594 Armageddon 2005

Posted by IceAnubis on 24 May 2005 - 11:09 PM in Nerf Wars

The date has already been set for 7/23. The location is still somewhat TBA.

Excellent :3

I'll be able to make it. *Making a new custom gun called the Moon Vulcan*

EDIT: Houston, we have a fucking problem. >_>

I've grown alot, and would probably fare well in Armageddon. But I also wanted to go to an Armored Core tournament called Master of California. Both of these events will take all day...

And are scheduled on the same day. ;_;

It looks like I'll have to choose unless the dates are changed. I hope they are, somehow...

#55570 Armageddon 2005

Posted by IceAnubis on 24 May 2005 - 05:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'm back and not a n00b anymore, so I've decided to give Armageddon a try.

As for me, it's harder for me to make the earlier dates (like the sixes).

#13698 Nerf Hq?

Posted by IceAnubis on 04 December 2003 - 06:36 PM in General Nerf

Why you guys bashing on n00bs? :P

Well, yea, NHQ is my normal forum area, but now I don't really have alot to do with Nerfing... I wish I had more friends :mellow:

I wanted to go on NHQ to find out what people had to say about Hawk embarrassing me in front of the Nerf community XD!