Photo

Buzz Bee Toys Tommy 20

Has some usage floating around in space.

6 replies to this topic

#1 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Alright, so I walked into TRU and found a Tommy 20. 15 dollars. It's smaller than I thought it was, but it does have a stock that *gasp* fits me when expanded.As expected, it is powered by two flywheels which I believe are powered by individual motors. It runs on three AA batteries. I want to replace these motors with higher quality brushed motors. Someone has done this once before with an MBZ, and that's what has inspired me. I intend to make an MBZ insanely powerful, too. :3

Anyway, the velocity it produces is impressive for a motorized blaster. The precision is not very good, but that's rather expected. When firing faster, the precision decreases drastically. The Tommy 20 is not hard to hold, either. I like how it feels. The blaster is surprisingly light, too, and I think that with a motor upgrade, a Nerfer with two of these would do a good job of clearing a base. It is semi-automatic.

Tommy 20 VS Rapid Fire 20:

T20:
Lower ROF
Less shot precision
I'll assume it has shorter range with the stock motors, but new motors can propel the darts at a similar velocity, I think.

More balanced
Has a stock
Easier to hold with one hand
Faster reloading due to the lack of a priming stage
Doesn't require a minimization
A little more "gun" shaped, so it will accept integrations a little more easily
Less expensive

I like it. I think it's a great rushing blaster. I'm going to buy another one just so I can have one in each hand.

That's what I think. Anyone else?

-Anubis

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

Ranges?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 roadrunner

roadrunner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

Do the "flywheels" work the same way as the mech six?

#4 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

I don't see them at my TRU. Where do you live?

#5 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:06 PM

I don't see them at my TRU. Where do you live?

Las Vegas. I'll take a picture of it when I come back today just to make sure you guys know I'm not being an ass.

Anyway, I haven't tested ranges. The flywheels are more similar to MBZ's flywheels. However, they are made from either plastic or hard rubber.

#6 FromAbove

FromAbove

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

Question,

Is the turret in any way removable? If you were able to increase the range, and clip mod it... that thing could be sweet for indoor wars.

Great find by the way, I hope to see these in Canada sometime soon

FA.
Connor: Oh, is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right, get your stupid fucking rope.

Do you mean with an integration or what? Because size doesn't have anything to do with performance...-NerfMonkey

#7 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:01 PM

Excellent, I'm from Vegas too...I'll have to look into picking one of these up. I'm sure I can think of something to do with it. I'm also interested in ranges; my PC doesn't fire over 20 feet, so I hope the Tommy 20 can outdo that at least.
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users