Nerf War/assassins On Fox9

happy to see this is growing

29 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

I am so happy to see this on the news/internet. It starts with footage of a war then goes into the rules of assassins. There are pshychologists and authors giving their opinion on the games. Shows lots of modded guns. The only thing I didn't like was in the beginning was the fact that they called a nerf war an assassins war.

I noticed they used some of the same rules I came up with. No aggressive contact, cant shoot someone at work or school and you cant paint guns black to look like real guns. I almost had a tear when I saw this video. It shows some excellent Nerf and Assassin coverage and gives some very good points as to how beneficial these games are.

Without further adue I present A Fox9 special presentation.

Anybody from the NIC on this vid?
I know at least two are.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

There was a quick shot of the BBB in an NF, I imagine whoever it was that made that was in it.

Good find.

EDIT: Research tells me it was Lopius who made it.

Edited by euphemism, 20 May 2006 - 04:32 PM.

#3 Shivon

Shivon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

Well, forsaken angel24, you may recall me talking to you about nerf assasins a long time ago, that is what I created. Yeah, we used your rule for the most part, we read em' and thenimplemented small changes as we saw fit. But all in all, it was great. Its good to see someone got that on the net.
Insanity is only one persons perception of another persons reality

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:42 PM

That's pretty cool to see. I can't even get one other person to nerf with me. I can't believe they got 170 people to that war.

#5 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

I could see a glipse of what looked like one of Baghead's custom painted BBBs...

Good find.

I second that emotion. :D

Edited by Ronster, 20 May 2006 - 04:48 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=6589

?
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=6589

?

That is the link leads to the discussion of the Fox9 report but gave no video. The link above at least lets us know who is in the vid but doesnt say anything like... "yeah Im the guy with the glasses" and such.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

I rather enjoyed that report. Showed the sport of nerf in a somewhat un-biased light, and got both sides of the issue out there. I just wish I could get a game going in my area. I also found it awkward how it was 5 minutes about Nerf and it ends with "Scientists find a possible cure for cancer."
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#9 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

Wasn't that the BBB that baghead painted? The "Bags Baddass Bow"? Cause he sold it and that kind of looked like it.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#10 Whiplord

Whiplord

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:42 PM

Hey, cool. I live near Twin Cities.

#11 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:56 PM

Hey, cool. I live near Twin Cities.

Yea, so do I. Where's the sign up sheet? :D
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#12 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:46 PM

I've got to say that this report is one of the best one's about nerf i've seen yet. Shows, both sides of the issue, includes what the parents think, explains that there are rules, and is totally unbiased. But I do thing the wrong things come to mind when overly-concerned people here the word "assassin".
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#13 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:03 PM

I too think its cool that nerf finally got this much publicity. The only thing I have trouble with is how far they go with this "assassin" type war. I mean, is it just me or does it seem to be going overboard shooting people with nerf guns at almost any time of the day? I know they exclude work and school, but I think taking nerf beyond a specific war zone is pushing it. Well thats just my opinion, cool concept nonetheless.

On another note, I was glad to see some very nice mods in that video. Great find Forsaken.

#14 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:43 AM

I think this is cool and all, but I just CAN'T get behind you nerfing in the supermarket or movie theatre or places like that. Also, I'm not too keen on calling them "guns." It just draws the wrong kind of attention to our favorite game.

All that aside, you guys kick ass.

On another note, you know what I hate? Douche bag reporters that try to add something to the end of a report they know nothing about. This clip is great, except for the two dipshits behind the desk "back at the newsdesk." Also, that author of "See Jan Hit" is a dope. He's the kind of guy that blames Columbine on DOOM and Marilyn Manson's music. Thank god all of your parents are cool.
I hate you.

#15 Jikman

Jikman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:08 PM

Wow, nicely done!

I have a question though. There is this red gun that keeps appearing. It looks like a smaller Rapid Fire 20. What is that gun?

EDIT: Posted Image

Edited by Jikman, 21 May 2006 - 04:13 PM.

"A casual stroll through a mental asylum shows that faith proves nothing."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

#16 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:16 PM

It's a Dart Tag Gun.

#17 Jikman

Jikman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:21 PM

Ah, I see. Is it any good? It doesn't seem to be a pump gun, and I assume it's automatic. Does it operate similar to the Rev 8 Firefly?
"A casual stroll through a mental asylum shows that faith proves nothing."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

#18 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:09 PM

It's not automatic. Yes, similar to the Firefly in operation.

~ompa

#19 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:16 PM

It's pretty much a maverick on steroids. It is a great gun for indoor wars because it has decent range and great rate of fire.

#20 Nero121

Nero121

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

Nvm. Just realized I hadn't read the second page of this topic, and just restated the DTB thing.

Edited by Nero121, 21 May 2006 - 08:11 PM.

#21 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

That gun that looks like a smaller RF20 is a red dart tag gun that has been cpvc barrel modded.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#22 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

I'm a part of this assassin’s game. I’ve been told I’m in the video, but I haven’t seen myself. I think there are three or four of us in the NIC that take part in this, including me. It’s very well run; in fact the next round is starting up today. It is run entirely with people that attend our school, so that everyone knows who is in it and such.

The Dart tag is CPVC barrel modded with 5” barrels; it also has a stronger spring. I’ve fired it before, and I think it gets pretty close to 70 feet.

#23 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:30 PM

This video really makes me feel good. What's amazing is that it's on the news, it's about teenager, it's about a combat game and it isn't negative. I'm placing signs around Las Vegas now. I want to have a Nerf war like this.

#24 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

I'm glad this report isn't some crazed parent's worrying their children will be corrupted by Nerf. I liked it. It really seemed to inform people of the game. And by 'the game' I mean assassin in general, wether it be Nerf, water-gun, or anything else.

I wish a lot more people were accepting of Assassin games. But, I suppose we bring it upon ourselves by calling it 'Assassin'.

When we first started out, the cops got a few calls, and said that as long as we keep a few parts of our gun's orange and we don't do anything 'crazy', they're ok with it. In fact, I think Pete might be playing when Assassin starts up againa fter exams.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#25 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:03 PM

I woundered why there was nothing on modifcations.

Edited by Black Blade, 22 May 2006 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users