navy seal's Content

There have been 268 items by navy seal (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#115911 Nhq Problem

Posted by navy seal on 15 July 2007 - 07:29 PM in Off Topic

Sorry Cc, you are banned from using this forum!
Is NewAtNerf19
(By the way, Cc is my account there, several of you know that)

It says the same thing to me when I try to view the forums. It has done that for over the last 6 months. I tried contacting them awhile ago but never got anywhere.

#107770 Manta Ray Modification

Posted by navy seal on 27 May 2007 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

The plunger rod breaks because of the stress on it when cocking the gun. The two rods are not very strong and can bend or break if you drop the gun while its cocked. Just be care with it and you should be fine. Its much easier to reinforce now then after they break.

#107768 Spring Gun Clips

Posted by navy seal on 27 May 2007 - 12:12 PM in Modifications

Nice idea, but most people already do this with 2 barrels. You could put the barrels closer because they only go into the coupler less than 1/2".

#107763 Manta Ray Modification

Posted by navy seal on 27 May 2007 - 12:05 PM in Modifications

I dont know exactly what parts break easy but hopefully someone will post them.
I think its the plunger tubes and catchs.----Sean

Nice mod, You may want to try making the seal between the plunger tubes and barrels better becasue its not airtight. The part that breaks easily is the orange plunger rod, which is where mine broke. I would reommend reinforncing them with metal strips.

#101447 Humpty Dumpty

Posted by navy seal on 26 March 2007 - 02:08 PM in Modifications

Very nice. I never liked the fake stock thing. I like how when you empty your backpack you can pump just the gun up. How many shots will you get off the tank?

#101342 Xbow Plunger Seal Help

Posted by navy seal on 23 March 2007 - 03:08 PM in Modifications

Thanks man

Try wrapping the plunger head with a wrap of duct tape and then use masking tape over that to get it fatter.
The duct tape will stick better to the rubber. Also you could try glueing a washer to the front of the plunger head so it forces the sides out. How much ssmaller is the plunger head than the plunger tube?

#101340 Xbow Plunger Seal Help

Posted by navy seal on 23 March 2007 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Did you clean off the plunger head before you put the tape on because tape doesn't stick to well on oil. I used masking tape becuase it has creates less friction when it the plunger tube. Also don't put to much and make the plunger tight in the plunger tube. You want it to slide easliy.

EDIT; People are going to get confused because of the avatar. Change yours, I've been here longer than you.

#101242 Nerf Tech Target

Posted by navy seal on 20 March 2007 - 03:15 PM in General Nerf

I've just realized that the Tech Target gun is exactly like the scout.

And if it is the same as a scout turn me over to some mods.

Just the paint job is a little...different.

You answered your own question. Yes, it is the same as the scout. If you don't want to screw it up just take a pair of pliers and pull out the barrel pole to fire stefans. You don't even need to open the gun. You can't do much to the scout to improve it any more so let it as it is.

#101149 Lanard Triple Shot

Posted by navy seal on 17 March 2007 - 08:48 AM in Modifications

Very nice mod. You should get this added to the mod directory.

#101148 Scout Problems

Posted by navy seal on 17 March 2007 - 08:44 AM in Modifications

The plastic peice that holds the oring and the oring must be in the gun for it to work. You can either attach the stock barrel back on or a piece of 1/2" cpvc(pvc is to big) on to the piece that holds the oring for the barrel. Could you post pictures of the inside of your gun and the plunger/barrel?

#101136 Scout Problems

Posted by navy seal on 16 March 2007 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

The O-ring is one of the most important parts to a Nerf gun. It is what keeps the plunger airtight to the plunger tube around it, allowing air to build up so a dart can be shot. I would definitely suggest getting an O-ring back on there.

As Retiate said you need to put the piece that holds the o-ring and the o-ring back on. Use an airtight glue like superglue or epoxy not hotglue to attach it. The o-ring creates the seal that forces the air out the barrel and not out the plunger tube

#101125 Scout Problems

Posted by navy seal on 16 March 2007 - 04:43 PM in Modifications

I think you took to much restriction out. Since the scout doesn't have a big plunger tube to put out alot of air you need some restiction to get a higher air pressure to shoot the dart. You should be able to glue somethig in the back of the barrel to restrict the airflow. For my scout and crossfire I just drilled a small hole (1/8") throught the back of the barrel and pulled the barrel pole out.

#101119 Strikefire Deal At Walmart

Posted by navy seal on 16 March 2007 - 12:30 PM in General Nerf

Care to tell us where?
I would defenitly buy a couple of those.

At walart in south-eastern pennsylvania. It included two guns,two shields and two pairs of glasses for $9.99. I saw it a few weeks after I bought a single one for $8.

#101106 Strikefire Deal At Walmart

Posted by navy seal on 15 March 2007 - 08:15 PM in General Nerf

I've seen the double strikefire but without the vests for $9.99

#100404 At3k Problem

Posted by navy seal on 25 February 2007 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

It sounds like either you didn't put the rubber disk in when you drained the goo and its leaking or when you plugged the pump you put to much glue so the check valve isn't working.

#100021 Air Tech 3000 In A Ls

Posted by navy seal on 18 February 2007 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Looks nice but you should put the jam door back on. It seems you fixed your trigger problem,
now you should buy/make one of the shotgun handles to pump easier. Unless your going to use that tubing coming out the back as a strap :huh: stick it inside the shell.

#99441 10% Off At Hasbrotoyshop

Posted by navy seal on 07 February 2007 - 03:10 PM in General Nerf

[/quote]
Wow thanks for the info man.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip!
[/quote]

No problem. Thankyou for varifying it works

#99340 Hasbro Reveals Nerf N-strike Disk Shot (nerf Skeet Shooting)

Posted by navy seal on 05 February 2007 - 07:53 PM in General Nerf

heres a link to it:Nerf Disk Shot

Its just junk in with the guns to raise the price. I'm hoping they come out with a new gun and not just put a nite finder or remake in it.

#99337 Ecno '07

Posted by navy seal on 05 February 2007 - 07:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I will denitly consider coming to this. I'm 1 hour away(40 miles) It would be great to meet some other nerfers on this site. I've only ever have 4vs4 wars at my house. Any of the dates look fine for now

#99335 At3k Integration Trigger Issue

Posted by navy seal on 05 February 2007 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

It looks like you could move the airtank forward and down a little to about where the mag goes. Then you could dremel all of the pieces in front of the stock trigger and attach a strip of metal/wood to connect the pin to the trigger. This should also help the pump so it can come out farther and not have to pump more.

#99321 At3k Integration Trigger Issue

Posted by navy seal on 05 February 2007 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

That doesn't look like its going to hold even if you use strong glue. The wire will probably bend. I would recomend using a small triangular piece of metal or thin wood. Could you take a picture of the whole inside of the gun so we can get a better idea of what to do?

#99312 Found It On Youtube

Posted by navy seal on 05 February 2007 - 08:29 AM in General Nerf

Here are some intersting ones i found:

Nurf Cops

Nurf Cops2

#99278 Figured Most Of You Ls Lovers Would Want To Know

Posted by navy seal on 04 February 2007 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

Check out my topic about how to get 10%off at hasbrotoyshop

10% off at hasbrotoyshop

#99277 10% Off At Hasbrotoyshop

Posted by navy seal on 04 February 2007 - 07:18 PM in General Nerf

I picked up two of the new yellow/grey night finders today and they came with a coupon in with the instructions.
Its for 10% off nerf products at the hasbrotoyshop.com . It says to enter NERF10 at the checkout to receive the 10% off and its good until 12/31/07

#99152 Dollar Store Gun Mod

Posted by navy seal on 02 February 2007 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

I bought one of these a while ago but it was green and says eliminator on the side. I cut the mag, scope and flashlight off and put a crayola barrel on it. For the size of the plugner tube(very samll)it gets decent ranges. I think mine gets about 30' with stefans.

Could you post a pic with a ruler next to the plunger tube so people can see how small it is?

#98754 Painting Stefans?

Posted by navy seal on 24 January 2007 - 09:00 PM in Homemades

I take my stefans and line them up in between two long pices of wood with the weight end down and put a dot of bright orange on the back. It makes it easier to see when they land in the grass. Just don't get any paint on the sides cause it will mess up the darts in the barrel.

Like this: (___-wood)(....-darts)

#96439 My Paintball Gun Paint Job

Posted by navy seal on 13 December 2006 - 05:14 PM in Off Topic

Nice paintjob but I don't realy like the colors. I've seen your gun I while ago over on Special Ops. I also play paintball, I have a Tipmann 98 Custom

#94561 Holiday Raffle

Posted by navy seal on 15 November 2006 - 08:52 PM in General Nerf

#93775 Bunkers...

Posted by navy seal on 06 November 2006 - 03:37 PM in Homemades

I have 8 larges cardboard boxes that I use for cover. One of them was for a door and the rest were for cabinets or large appliances. They can be folded up flat and stored very easily. The best thing was I got them for FREEfrom my neighbor because they were moving and I got a couple more when the new people moved in. You could probably go to Home Depot or another store that sells large things and ask for boxes (their going to throw them away anyway)

#92835 My Maverick

Posted by navy seal on 24 October 2006 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

I started doing this last night and dremeled the shell to fit the at2k tank /liquid guage. I want to leave the liquid gauge and original tubing on but I cut the clear part off the gauge and emptied the goo, then filled the hole with hot glue. The only difficult about this mod is the trigger and making the gun fire when the barrels rotate.

I'm going to glue the pump on the right side under the barrels so it sticks out the front. If you wrap trigger spring from the at2k around the tubing in keeps it from not "bending".

I'll update when I complete more of it.

hokiefan, Can you get exact ranges?

#92784 Hornet Leak

Posted by navy seal on 23 October 2006 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

This happened to me when I was drillng the air restrictors out and when into the air tank on the fifth barrels.
It was the second to last air tank so I cut the tubes to the last two air tanks that go from the semi-auto valve to the air tank. Then I super glued a screw in the two tubes I cut and put a small hose clamp around the hose.
The gun works now but only has 4 air tanks and I didn't mess up the trigger becasue they were the last two barrels.

Which tank is leaking? What did you use to seal the tank off? If you need a better explaination of what I did just ask.

#92722 Mag Leaking

Posted by navy seal on 23 October 2006 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

I just put it back together and pumped it up. It seems harder to pump becuase its all going in the bladder and not out the leak. I shot a few clips threw it and it works great. Then I pumped it up and let it sit for 5 mins and fired it and it didn't seem to lose and pressure.

Ultima, I used 2 ton epoxy

#92612 Mag Leaking

Posted by navy seal on 22 October 2006 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

I expoxied the hole where the leak was today. I just mixed some epoxy and globbed it over the leak.
When it dries I'll post the results.

I'm thinkin that maybe it is supposed to leak so if you pump it up and don't fire it the bladder won't wear out and explode. With this many people having this leak it doesn't seem bad gluing.

#92485 My Maverick

Posted by navy seal on 21 October 2006 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

I've been thinking about doing this with my mav becuase its broken and won't even fire the darts. I was going to use one of my sm750's but one is on my crossbow and the other has a new handle on it. I might try doing this with a at2k like your mod.

What mods have you done to the turret? Can you post exact ranges?

#92393 Mag Leaking

Posted by navy seal on 21 October 2006 - 08:56 AM in Modifications

retiate, you should be able to pull the pump out of its tube, the endcap is not glued on.(not the green one on the outside) Why do you need to get to that o-ring. I was talking about the white piece that makes a seal between the bolt and clip.

I'm going to try a thick layer of epoxy on the leak.

#92366 Mag Leaking

Posted by navy seal on 20 October 2006 - 08:59 PM in Modifications

I was noticing that my Magstrike wasn't holding air during my nerf war last weekend because it wasn't shooting full clips and if I waited more than a minute to fire it I had to repump. So I opened it up today and it seems to be leaking where he hose going to the bladder connects to the pump. Does any one else have this leak? I only pump it 23 times to fill the bladder so it hasn't been over pumped. What kind of glue should I use to fix the leak?

While it was open I decided to fill the hole in the seal between the valve and clip with hot glue. The o-ring on the seal wasn't making a complete seal so I took it off and wrapped the peice with 3 strips of teflon tape and put the oring back on.

I'm going to buy a 1/4" dowel and slide it inside the pump shaft so its stronger because it feel a little flimsy now, especially with the pump handle made for 3 year olds (its 2" long)

#92296 Q/a Thread For Unanswered Questions...

Posted by navy seal on 19 October 2006 - 08:49 PM in General Nerf

I use bb sized split shot fishing weights in all of my guns and they work great. I make my darts 1 1/4" long so they are eaiser to push in the barrel. All of my guns are cpvc modded and I use the same darts for all of them.

six-five-two, the crossbow is 21" long and I have a 10" barrel on it so its 31 inches with my barrel.

How much larger are 1/4" slingshot weights than bb sized split shot fishing weights?

#92255 Need Some Tips On Painting

Posted by navy seal on 19 October 2006 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

You should definitly take the gun apart when painting it so interior parts don't get painted. Don't paint the trigger, and place where the shells come out after firing.

After I painted some of my guns I put a coat of clear coat on. It really helped to smooth out the paint and protect it becasue I painted with a foam brush. Since I don't use spray paint the foam brush makes less brush marks.

#91490 Handle Bending

Posted by navy seal on 07 October 2006 - 09:16 PM in Modifications

I just finished it yesterday and it is so much stronger than the stock pump handle. I used 14 inches of cpvc for the new handle. I cut the old pump handle 3" from the end with the o-ring and sand 2" of that to fit in side the cpvc. Then I covered the whole part I sanded in epoxy and twisted it in the cpvc. Next I put some paper down on my work bench and set the end of the pump down on the paper and clamped it in my table vise so it kept pessure on the part I glued. When it was dry(24 hours later) I put it back in the gun and went to make a handle for the end of it. I couldn't sand the inside of 4" of pvc to fit so I used 4" of 3/4" cpvc. I wrapped the cpvc in duct tape in the middle of where the handle will go. Then I drilled a hole thought each end of the 4" of 3/4" cpvc and then put it on the new pump and drilled through that and put a bolt through each so the handle won't slide when I pump

#91301 Thread Views

Posted by navy seal on 05 October 2006 - 08:53 PM in Site Feedback

They come from all the members that veiwed your topic. Look at the number of registered members on this site(2558)