Photo

Xbow Plunger Seal Help

8 replies to this topic

#1 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:04 AM

I just got my xbow and did the mod section mod to it but i found that the plunger head does not seal with the plunger tube how do i fix this?

Edited by aribiter, 23 March 2007 - 11:04 AM.

nerf or nothing

#2 Shining Wings

Shining Wings

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:29 AM

If you're talking about the little green thing with the rubber on the bottom of it, then put a lot of hot glue on it. I had the same problem and it worked fine.

#3 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

Ok. Here's the problem with the xbow.
It has a massive plunger tube, however the plunger head is flimsy and gets warped easily. To fix this, wrap tons of e-tape around it to increase the seal, and then put a lubricant of your choice on the plunger head. You will ridiculously improve your seal.

It has a massive plunger tube, however the plunger head is flimsy and gets warped easily. To fix this, wrap tons of e-tape around it to increase the seal, and then put a lubricant of your choice on the plunger head. You will ridiculously improve your seal.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#4 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:24 PM

I tried that the etape just fell off :D
nerf or nothing

#5 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

Did you clean off the plunger head before you put the tape on because tape doesn't stick to well on oil. I used masking tape becuase it has creates less friction when it the plunger tube. Also don't put to much and make the plunger tight in the plunger tube. You want it to slide easliy.

EDIT; People are going to get confused because of the avatar. Change yours, I've been here longer than you.

Edited by navy seal, 23 March 2007 - 02:33 PM.

Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#6 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

Yeah it was clean and dry to. Is there anyway to make a homemade plungerhead?

No problem navyseal i will change my avatar.

Edited by aribiter, 23 March 2007 - 02:52 PM.

nerf or nothing

#7 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

Thanks man

Try wrapping the plunger head with a wrap of duct tape and then use masking tape over that to get it fatter.
The duct tape will stick better to the rubber. Also you could try glueing a washer to the front of the plunger head so it forces the sides out. How much ssmaller is the plunger head than the plunger tube?
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#8 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

I know of a method to get a great seal, I did it on my EaB which had a deformed plunger head and now the seal is great. What you do is measure the diameter of the plunger head, take a circle made of styrofoam egg cartons that is larger by about 2mm than the plunger head and put it between the rubber plunger head and the plastic piece that supports it. Wrap the whole deal in Electrical tape (make sure it is really tight the first couple of wraps so it stays in place) and finally lubricate with a lube of your choice, since I don't have silicone lubricant I use vegetable or cooking oil.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#9 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

Yeah i think the washer idea might work. if not i will try to make one of wraths things. the plunger head is alot smaller. rusty would know it was his old xbow, hell maybe thats why he sold it. :D

Edited by aribiter, 23 March 2007 - 07:40 PM.

nerf or nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users