My Maverick

Some of my best work yet.

16 replies to this topic

#1 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:14 PM

I was tired of evreyone bitching how the Maverick had poor range. So, I thought to myself, "How can I improve the Mavericks range, without losing any ROF". Thats when it hit me, I thought I could intergate a Airtech 2000 into a Maverick. Here are the pics.

Posted Image
First I had to take that pesky guage off the Airtech. This was a bit challenging, but I found a tube connecting peice at Home Depot, and then I epoxyed that on. Also, The seal is amazing I don't lose any air.
After that, I had to put the Airtech in the Maverick. This took me a little while because I had to sand off all the internals. Next, I glued the plunger over the Aitech tank.

Posted Image
I then glued down the pump, and drilled a hole for the pump to come out.

Posted Image
Here was the trick part, the trigger. I tried at least 4 ways to make a good sturdy trigger, but they all failed. So instead, I got a long flat piece of brass and epoxyed it to the trigger. This has not yet broken and as far as I can tell it wont.

Posted Image
I then closed up the gun and it looked like this.

Posted Image
Finally, the end product. The best part about the cocking lever, is you cant see the Airtech.

I really like this gun. It goes about 80-90 Feet with four pumps. Anyway, there you have a Maverick with high ROF, and distance of and Airtech. Questions, comments, concerns?

Edited by hokiefan0705, 21 October 2006 - 03:21 PM.

Cubs in 2012

#2 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

Very, very, very nice.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#3 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:37 PM

Nice, it's almost like what Carrtoon did to his DTG. Maybe you could put on another air tank or bladder from a water gun and make a semi-auto. Anyways, you inspired me to integrate my at3k somehwere else.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:48 PM

Nice but when you really really think about it, you kind of just wasted a mav(unless anything was wrong with it)
Pros of your mod over a regular at2k
-auto rotate
- 6 shots
-good range

Conns
-wasted mav
lost a tad of range
pump position is worse
- at2k doesn't have auto rotate and only 4 shots

But nice mod!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:09 PM

I've been thinking about doing this with my mav becuase its broken and won't even fire the darts. I was going to use one of my sm750's but one is on my crossbow and the other has a new handle on it. I might try doing this with a at2k like your mod.

What mods have you done to the turret? Can you post exact ranges?
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

Nice the only thing I don't like is how far out the pump comes out of the gun. Other than that it is very sweet!

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 21 October 2006 - 07:00 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

- at2k doesn't have auto rotate and only 4 shots

The auto-rotate in a maverick is actuated by the trigger pull, so that function is still semi-auto even after this modification.
The only issue I see is that you have to pump it back up after each shot.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:40 PM

WHOA. SICK. I like it. I like it a lot.

That's actually pretty darned sick. Makes me wish that I had an at2k. <_<
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#9 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:36 PM

What mods have you done to the turret? Can you post exact ranges?

I put 17/32 in the turret. As for the other question, I cant post ranges because it has been raining here all day. I will get back to you tommorow, and maybe even a video.

Edited by hokiefan0705, 21 October 2006 - 10:36 PM.

Cubs in 2012

#10 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

Nice Job. I like the idea but I think the mav should have stayed the same and just had a new stronger spring added. Mine just has the stronger spring added and my custom darts that I made.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#11 echo104b

echo104b

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:41 PM

*Note to self* DO this mod. It's awesome. I've got close to 10 mavs lying around and i'm looking for something new to do with them.
"I Am Become Death. Destroyer of Worlds"
- J. Robert Oppenheimer (Upon the first successfull detonation of an atomic bomb)

#12 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:47 AM

I was just talking with some friends yesterday about putting an at2k in a mav. Great mod I'm probably going to do this to mine soon.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#13 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:03 PM

That is absolutely wicked. It really actually makes me want a maverick now. Got to try this.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#14 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

I started doing this last night and dremeled the shell to fit the at2k tank /liquid guage. I want to leave the liquid gauge and original tubing on but I cut the clear part off the gauge and emptied the goo, then filled the hole with hot glue. The only difficult about this mod is the trigger and making the gun fire when the barrels rotate.

I'm going to glue the pump on the right side under the barrels so it sticks out the front. If you wrap trigger spring from the at2k around the tubing in keeps it from not "bending".

I'll update when I complete more of it.

hokiefan, Can you get exact ranges?
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#15 Grimm

Grimm

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

Whoa. That's spiffy. I gotta try that. I've got a maverick lying around.

#16 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:05 PM

Now you need to cut off the front, add longer barrels, and a magazine mod. Thin it would be a beast! :D

#17 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

As I said before, very nice, but I have one suggestion. I think that it would be awesome if you relocated the pump on the front part where the turret is. I would use a shorter, but fatter pump from the at3k. I personally wouldn't plug the pump, so that 1 pump could fill the airtank although your range would decrease to aorund 60 ft., but it would still be better than a mav. It would have a higher Rof than with the cocking mechanism and get decent enough range.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users