Bomberman's Content

There have been 693 items by Bomberman (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#209456 Fun With Pvc Ball Valves

Posted by Bomberman on 04 February 2009 - 02:40 PM in Homemades

Thanks for asking, it does indeed look weird since that 3/4" PVC stock is epoxied together.

Actually, I epoxied a 1/2" PVC endcap to the 3/4" coupler which acts as a stock attachment. No air goes into the shoulder stock, and it can be fired without the stock attached (the simple U-design is one I remember from an amateur radio magazine on how they made a launcher to throw antenna wire over trees when setting up a remote outdoor radio station).

Is that unusually angled joint just done with a miter cut and epoxy?

So, you're a ham, too? I shouldn't be surprised. cq, de wa6rga

I like the alternative ammo angle here. I've actually been thinking a lot lately about how the "micros only" trend may be handicapping designs; a 4B is almost hazardous shooting micros, but as a mega cannon, who knows? Only one way to find out... I'm probably going to be trying some megas at the Sotheast Tuneup War, in my SNAP, to see if they fight the wind as well as was claimed back in the olden days. And non-micro usage might be a great way to handicap homemade air guns down to a safe power level.

I don't think the difference between micros and megas is quite enough to "denature" the BBBB, but it certainly is a concept worthy of exploration. I've been keeping a few classic blasters in mega form, just because it seemed a shame to alter them, such as the SSU (Switch Shots Ultra) which has come back to me, since my client completed what he wanted it for.

Just some BOB? I bet your name is Kevin LOL

#209449 New Information On The Nerf Spartan!

Posted by Bomberman on 04 February 2009 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

Guys, check it out! I found this video of the new nerf Spartan, I think it's called. That one from the video game?

Click Meh. PINEY EDIT: Rick roll link? Not funny.

lololololololololol
I'm so bored. :ph34r:

#207887 The Bolter

Posted by Bomberman on 30 January 2009 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

Wow, I really need to get active here again. I've never even seen you before.
Damn, I've been out of nerf for too fucking long. This is beautiful. *sheds tear*

#203863 A Fun Vulcan Mod...

Posted by Bomberman on 16 January 2009 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

It's as if you cut off it's penis... But it still has its ball sack in the form of a looped belt.
Good mod nevertheless though.

#203860 Your Nerf Gun Ranges

Posted by Bomberman on 16 January 2009 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

all fags deserve to burn in hell for their ass piracy and slights against god

You are the best poster I have ever seen in my life.
But to the poster of the thread, it doesn't really matter what ranges your guns have, people just say 'Oo, I got 80 feet out of my NF' to attempt to enlarge their e-penis.

#203110 Help For A Newbie Nerfer

Posted by Bomberman on 13 January 2009 - 05:09 PM in General Nerf

you need to get a longshot

What a goober. Horny Hitler... :lol:
Anyway, as other people have said, there is no best, gun, it's all about what suits you, yadda yadda yadda. If you want power, then the Big Bad Bow is a great gun to start out with, it's not very complicated, and a simple barrel replacement can get around 70 feet if I'm not mistaken. It's pretty accurate too. But when you're new to this, don't try to mod complicated guns. i.e., the Longshot, Recon, Vulcan. Try things like a Tech Target, NiteFinder, but mainly things that aren't very expensive. :P

#196496 Home Made Forts

Posted by Bomberman on 16 December 2008 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

To get some lulz on this site, you don't even have to work at it, you can just let the other forum members do the work for you. Thank you.

What did that have to do with anything and what did it meen??

I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're that member boom that got banned, right?
But Jedijoe, that is a kick ass fort. My 9 year old brother flipped out when he saw that. In the spirit of the thread, I may not have any pictures, seeing as the fort melted a long time ago.. But I was out at my grandparent's Blueberry orchard up in Kitsap county, Washington, and we got like 8 inches of snow up there or something. (This was around three years ago) I build a snow fort that was around 6 feet tall, and about 4x4 on the inside. It was huge. We would load up a little farm trailer full of snow, and cart it from around the property on the little ATV's my grandparents had, so we had a couple hundred pounds of snow over the course of two days. It was so fun, my brother and I each had a huge pile of snowballs that we spend like, 4 hours making, and threw them at each other for at least an hour. It was the best winter ever.
It looks like there is going to be a lot of snow there this year too, seeing as it is about 20 degrees outside my house at the moment. (The wind chill make it feel almost 10 below 0 though. Brrr!)
And this is WASHINGTON. That's rare to get this low temperatures.

#195636 Secret Strike 2k

Posted by Bomberman on 12 December 2008 - 01:12 PM in Modifications

A nice little freak-of-nerf nature you got here. Assuming with 30 pumps in the SSPB you get a good 50 feet, and with a tank twice the size, it takes like 60, 70 pumps? It's not the pumping, the awkwardness, or the butt ugliness that puts me off from potentially building one of these, it's the trigger. How would you fire it without using two hands? Using one hand to fire it is almost the whole point of an SSPB.
A fun litte gimmick for shooting friends around the house, but I wouldn't use this in a war.

#195635 Holy Shit

Posted by Bomberman on 12 December 2008 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

The pictures aren't working for me...

They work for me.
Cool mod spud. I've always love the max shot, it has the most beastly stock spring I think I have ever seen in a gun. The only thing that rivals it is possibly the crossbow. (?)
I never got around to buying one before I quit the nerf modding scene unfortunately.

#194754 Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod

Posted by Bomberman on 08 December 2008 - 01:09 AM in Modifications

A cool mod and all, but what is the real point in singling it? From what I've heard you can get 70 feet out of it with the turret (with something like PETG or brass as a barrel replacement obviously), and have those 8 shots... (It is an 8 shot, right? I've been out of the nerf scene for a while...) But, whatever floats your boat I guess. :)
Does it provide better accuracy?

#194753 To Mod Or Not To Mod?

Posted by Bomberman on 08 December 2008 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

I have'nt been very active in the last 6 months due to other things in life, but what really are these things? The first I have ever seen of one is that picture Just Some Bob posted. I have never seen one in a store... when were these things released, if they were ever released at all?

#194114 Nerf Vocab

Posted by Bomberman on 05 December 2008 - 04:33 PM in General Nerf

Yea good point. I even Pm'd him when he was on and he ignored it.
Do you even know what he meant?

He's just a loser that has nothing better to do than sign up on sites and troll and spam to piss people off.
And you don't need to post so much, just saying. You already have like 6 posts in this thread.
This topic could go on for a long time, because there are some 120 blasters out there I'm pretty sure. But not all of them have abbreviations.

#193948 Quad B

Posted by Bomberman on 04 December 2008 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

That looked, and sounded like it hurt. FA, you need to start selling Balistic gel dummies as test objects, it sucks being the test subject. It's what the MythBusters use anyway.

#193946 Modified Titan. Originally Made 2 Years Ago.

Posted by Bomberman on 04 December 2008 - 03:05 PM in Modifications

That was hilarious. I'm dying to know if the dart went clean through the alient though. But like others have said, you're the last person I would think that would put scope on a nerf gun. The laser was just awesome though. I'd near piss myself if I saw a little red light shining on my crotch chest in a night war.

#190792 Bbb Problemos.

Posted by Bomberman on 19 November 2008 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

I'm surprised nobody else has quoted this post yet. It's fucking hilarious. I must say, 'added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole!'

#189711 Double Ls?

Posted by Bomberman on 14 November 2008 - 04:43 PM in General Nerf

You know, why would you want them to fire at the same time? That would completely defeat the purpose of a double longshot.

#189710 Got A Little Something To Talk About.

Posted by Bomberman on 14 November 2008 - 04:36 PM in Off Topic

You know what I did last year when I wanted the Xbox360? I chopped around 3 or 4 cords of wood, and sold them each for around $140. I bought an Xbox after waiting a month and a half for the wood to sell. THAT's a way to get money. And then I asked for Games for Christmas.

#189486 Singled Titan

Posted by Bomberman on 13 November 2008 - 04:02 PM in Modifications

So it's pretty much this?

Yes it is but with PEX. For me it's easier to get and cut. And there is no hot glue. I just stuck it right in the hole where the ar is drilled out.

Wait a sec, lemme get this straight: Your titan didn't explode after 100 pumps?!

Right! I actually pumped it 20, 50, 100, 150, and 200 times for testing. It worked diring all of the tests. No explosions at all. Myabe the titan design has changed a little. I got mine about 5 years ago.

Wait a sec, lemme get this straight: Your titan didn't explode after 100 pumps?!

I thought he said he had not even opened the shell. Not that I care enough to bother reading it again. It'd be tough to plug the OPRV that way. Which would mean that after 20 or so pumps, any increases were only imaginary anyway.

I'm sorry to say it but you're wrong Just Some Bob. 20 pumps only got about 50 feet . 50 pumps got over 100; 153 feet once. I find the premier pump count to be 50.

And yes Shadowblade all I did was put on a new barrel. One of the simplest titan mods i know.

No, JSB's right. The Titan has an overpressure release valve on the pump head, just like any air nerf blaster. Which means after the tank has reached a certain capacity, it releases the air you pump. So MAYBE past 20 pumps you get a little more air to get more range, but it's not significant. And by the way, the Titan came out in late 2004, not five years ago. And were you seriously nuts fucking insane enough to pump it 200 times? Even with the OPRV, you will ruin your gun that way. And if you didn't use any adhesive like Amazing Goop or epoxy, or even Hot Glue, you don't have any real seal around the barrel, which explains why you're only getting 100 feet or so. The Titan has the potential to hit 200' without too much effort.

#189482 Gluegun Cobwebs.

Posted by Bomberman on 13 November 2008 - 03:55 PM in Off Topic

Honestly, there is no viable solution to this problem. But really, who cares? You can just snip off the cobweb later with scissors or something, if your that obsessive about it.

#189416 Big Salvo Leak

Posted by Bomberman on 12 November 2008 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Big Salvos are VERY prone to leaks. I have had one of them, and it was a lemon. When they are produced, the glue they must use on them is very weak, because if you bump the barrel hard at all, it will break some of the glue. It's like just stronger than elmer's glue. I've never opened one up, but the barrels are probably just glued on to the air tank (I haven't opened up an air gun a a long time), so you should just be able to put some plumber's goop or epoxy around where the barrel is attached to the air tank.

#187836 Switch Shot Ex-3

Posted by Bomberman on 06 November 2008 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

Oh, cool. The new game comes out this weekend I think. (It was November 8th, correct?)

#187769 Switch Shot Ex-3

Posted by Bomberman on 05 November 2008 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

Wait, is this the gun that can have the Wiimote in the bottom, for the nerf Wii game? (The Link did'nt work for me for some reason)

#187768 At2k Turrets

Posted by Bomberman on 05 November 2008 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure Falcon was just being sarcastic. It's hard to tell over the internet. We need more emoticons damnit! :)

But TimmyTown, seriously, do it the way it was done in the BitchX mod. It's much better than hot gluing a turret to the plunger tube.

#187681 Halo 3: Spiker

Posted by Bomberman on 05 November 2008 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

but the only other mod you would need is for it to be fully auto...

Ha! That made me laugh. It is nigh impossible to make a fully auto nerf gun, that operates with a breech. It's one thing to make a gun look like a gun in a video game, quite another to make it perform as such.

#187675 Mav Barrel Replacement?

Posted by Bomberman on 05 November 2008 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

For a Maverick Barrel replacement, PETG would be the way to go. But, why a maverick? The Maverick is a bitch to mod, and it really only adds maybe ten or fifteen feet to the ranges after modding it.

#187653 My Nightfinder/longshot

Posted by Bomberman on 05 November 2008 - 01:59 PM in Modifications

Glad they took care of it meaningless posts are well meaningless. :mellow: ;)

So why are you just posting worthless crap? You didn't even comment about the gun.

This looks really cool, although the fact that it can't be primed may present a problem if you ever want to use it. :o
The paintjob looks really cool, and the flat black over silver makes a really cool color. If I may ask, what were you for Halloween?

EDIT: Spelling error.

#187627 Obama Has Won!

Posted by Bomberman on 05 November 2008 - 12:12 AM in Off Topic

Barack Obama is the new president of the United States of America! I am just elated. It means change in the US, as well around the world, and it's just a very historical day.
Discuss your feelings about the new president, and who you voted for. (If you can vote.)
I did'nt vote, seeing as I'm 14, but if I could have voted, I would have voted for Obama.

#187466 New Buzzbee: Pump Tek

Posted by Bomberman on 04 November 2008 - 01:52 PM in General Nerf

This looks interesting. If that large bulge on the side is an air tank, this thing could have some power. Although, if it was mentioned over a year ago, and nobody has ever seen it in stores, I don't have any intentions of looking for one.

#187322 You Might Be An Aussie Nerfer If...

Posted by Bomberman on 03 November 2008 - 09:19 PM in General Nerf

This is hilarious. I especially like the Kangaroo that gets your ammo. :lol:

#186951 Nerf Tactical Rail

Posted by Bomberman on 01 November 2008 - 11:29 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Come back when you're 13 years or older, please.

JKRand0mn3ss,

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. Your account will not be functional until Saturday, August 29, 2009 (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expedite the un-suspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

Have a nice day,

-Groove

What is up with you and the LOLcat pics? You have posted what, three now?
I for one, laughed so hard at it. Cats = Effeminate Win.
But I don't see why this guy could'nt take a hacksaw to his longshot's tactical rail, saw it off, and glue it to another gun. It's SO simple. The scope helps in no way at all.

#186766 Happy Birthday Forsaken!

Posted by Bomberman on 01 November 2008 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

Happy birthday FA!

#186450 This Is What Happens When A Willie Finds Bones In The Woods.

Posted by Bomberman on 30 October 2008 - 02:12 PM in Off Topic

Pretty cool skull. Personally, I don't think you should have covered it in Polyeurethane. (or however you spell that) I think it would have been cooler to just put a coat of varnish or something on it. But, you do want it to last as long as possible.

#186444 The Phillies!

Posted by Bomberman on 30 October 2008 - 01:17 PM in Off Topic

I may not be a Phillies fan, but I think it would break the space time continuum if the Tampa Bay Devil Rays had won. My state team is The Seattle Mariners, unfortunately. I have given up on them, and am a Red Sox fan.

#186285 Tech Decks

Posted by Bomberman on 29 October 2008 - 05:23 PM in Off Topic

I've never played with these. I think I have heard of them, but never played 'em. What really are they?

#186284 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by Bomberman on 29 October 2008 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

Wow. Just,.. wow. I think this by far trumps FA's lancer. The smoothness of the Bondo is really great. The whole gun just flows. You know, I don't think you should sell this right away. Keep it for a few months, let the internet get aquainted with it, then put it up on Ebay.

#186281 Locked Topics

Posted by Bomberman on 29 October 2008 - 05:12 PM in Site Feedback

To what extent does that "whatever" go?

In VACC's mind, nobody fully knows..

#186248 A Gift.

Posted by Bomberman on 29 October 2008 - 02:08 PM in Modifications

I love this. This is better than Doomsayer and Lancer in my opinion. It's just a basic gun, but you gave it the most hellish looking PJ I've ever seen. Can you make me one? :D

#186179 Locked Topics

Posted by Bomberman on 29 October 2008 - 12:40 AM in Site Feedback

It's an okay idea, but it's really not necessary. We have ways of dealing with it. We just lock the thread, and leave it be. It dies from inactivity, and nobody ever speaks of it again. Problem solved. And it's not really an 'eyesore,' it's just a thread you can't click on. Plus, I am fairly sure the only member of the staff that can add new sub-forums is cxwq, the administrator, who has'nt been active in a while.

#185644 Recon Bolter

Posted by Bomberman on 26 October 2008 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

Old topic.

Do you seriously need to say that? :blink:

Did you need to say that?
Anyway, this is an old topic, and when posting in a topic more than a month old, don't. PM the creator, and say what you would in the post.

#185642 Dead Space

Posted by Bomberman on 26 October 2008 - 02:16 PM in Off Topic

I don't understand.. Are you talking about some video game, or dead space in a Nerf gun?