Photo

Singled Titan

19 replies to this topic

#1 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

HOLY F**K! I recently did the simplest mod to a titan i know possible. Sorry I don't have pictures; I don;t have a camera. Although the mod is pretty easy to understand. First you must unscrew the big orange barrel. After that drill out the air restrictor ( You DO NOT need to open the gun for tis mod). Then get some 1/2 inch PEX barrel from lowe's or home depot or any hardware store. Cut it to a desired length (i think mine is about a foot). The next part is to stick it in the area where you now have a hole where the external restrictor used to be. You may need to dremel out some of the hole to make it wider for the PEX to fit. I know PEX is a little small but my stefans fit decently with a ramrod. Now you're done. You may want to make it more air tight unless u made the hole perfect. It's extremely powerful and can make gaping holes in cardboard, metal(aluminum), and plastic. I shot it through plastic at my friend and it stung him really bad. I'm not completely sure if it will break skin but i'd bet on it. Ranges are at least 100 feet. 10 pumps goes 30ish feet in like half a second or less. 20-50 pumps will puncture the items i listed. I did 100 pumps and it was insane but after that it loses power. Also if your PEX is long enough 2 or more stefans will fit down the barrel. I did 2 and accuracy was extremely good. Hope you like this mod. Compliments? Flames? Questions?

Another thing: If you still want to shoot the giant rocket you can. The orange rocket barrel can still be screwed on with the other barrel in place. ENJOY!

If I violated any rules please tell me. I'm new here and this is my first mod write-up.

Edited by najmodder0424, 12 November 2008 - 04:33 PM.

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

#2 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

Pictures would help alot. From what I read, it sounds like you just slapped a new barrel on it.

100ft seems a little low for a Titan. Are you using micro stefans?

EDIT: oops, sorry, didn't see the 1/2" part in the write-up.

Edited by Shadowblade, 12 November 2008 - 04:54 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#3 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

So it's pretty much this?

#4 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

I am sorry to tell you,but this has been done before.An obvious example is the rules from most nerf wars:

No singled or pump plugged titans or BBs

So the conclusion you can draw from this is that since it was banned, it has been used before (with bad results).
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#5 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

You really should look around before you post mods but at least your grammar isn't bad so I am content. Also you should look into posting pictures because it makes the write-up come together.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

Wait a sec, lemme get this straight: Your titan didn't explode after 100 pumps?!

#7 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

Yes it is but with PEX. For me it's easier to get and cut. And there is no hot glue. I just stuck it right in the hole where the ar is drilled out.

Wait a sec, lemme get this straight: Your titan didn't explode after 100 pumps?!

Right! I actually pumped it 20, 50, 100, 150, and 200 times for testing. It worked diring all of the tests. No explosions at all. Myabe the titan design has changed a little. I got mine about 5 years ago.

I thought he said he had not even opened the shell. Not that I care enough to bother reading it again. It'd be tough to plug the OPRV that way. Which would mean that after 20 or so pumps, any increases were only imaginary anyway.

I'm sorry to say it but you're wrong Just Some Bob. 20 pumps only got about 50 feet . 50 pumps got over 100; 153 feet once. I find the premier pump count to be 50.

And yes Shadowblade all I did was put on a new barrel. One of the simplest titan mods i know.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

Yes it is but with PEX. For me it's easier to get and cut. And there is no hot glue. I just stuck it right in the hole where the ar is drilled out.

Right! I actually pumped it 20, 50, 100, 150, and 200 times for testing. It worked diring all of the tests. No explosions at all. Myabe the titan design has changed a little. I got mine about 5 years ago.

I thought he said he had not even opened the shell. Not that I care enough to bother reading it again. It'd be tough to plug the OPRV that way. Which would mean that after 20 or so pumps, any increases were only imaginary anyway.

I'm sorry to say it but you're wrong Just Some Bob. 20 pumps only got about 50 feet . 50 pumps got over 100; 153 feet once. I find the premier pump count to be 50.

And yes Shadowblade all I did was put on a new barrel. One of the simplest titan mods i know.

No, JSB's right. The Titan has an overpressure release valve on the pump head, just like any air nerf blaster. Which means after the tank has reached a certain capacity, it releases the air you pump. So MAYBE past 20 pumps you get a little more air to get more range, but it's not significant. And by the way, the Titan came out in late 2004, not five years ago. And were you seriously nuts fucking insane enough to pump it 200 times? Even with the OPRV, you will ruin your gun that way. And if you didn't use any adhesive like Amazing Goop or epoxy, or even Hot Glue, you don't have any real seal around the barrel, which explains why you're only getting 100 feet or so. The Titan has the potential to hit 200' without too much effort.

Edited by Bomberman, 13 November 2008 - 04:03 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

No, JSB's right. The Titan has an overpressure release valve on the pump head, just like any air nerf blaster. Which means after the tank has reached a certain capacity, it releases the air you pump. So MAYBE past 20 pumps you get a little more air to get more range, but it's not significant. And by the way, the Titan came out in late 2004, not five years ago. And were you seriously nuts fucking insane enough to pump it 200 times? Even with the OPRV, you will ruin your gun that way. And if you didn't use any adhesive like Amazing Goop or epoxy, or even Hot Glue, you don't have any real seal around the barrel, which explains why you're only getting 100 feet or so. The Titan has the potential to hit 200' without too much effort.

Thanks Bomberman. Maybe I'll plug the release valve and make a real seal using hot glue, e-tape, or something else. I did not know it had the potential to reach 200 feet. My friend and I have already declared it illegal to use in any wars of any knid even in MASSIVE outside fields. 200 feet... damnit that's some range for a non-internaly modded gun. But i have a question: do you need to open the gun to get 200 feet?

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#10 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

But i have a question: do you need to open the gun to get 200 feet?

Merry Christmas.
Ompa's Titan Mod Oops, the pics are messed up on this one. Refer to the second link.
Another Titan write-up

A little searching can get you a long way (no pun intended).

Edited by Shadowblade, 13 November 2008 - 08:36 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#11 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

If you want us to believe that either make a video of you pumping it _____(insert ridiculous amount of pumps here) shooting it, and measuring the range or send the gun to a respectable member for testing.
TNL,

#12 s3an967

s3an967

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

This is an OK write up. But you should use the search button before you post a mod that's already been on here for a while.
Watch this- I can tip-toe while you take a piss.

#13 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

What I wanna know is how he shoots it through metal. Aluminum foil maybe, but aluminum sheet? Thats pretty much impossible.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#14 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

What I wanna know is how he shoots it through metal. Aluminum foil maybe, but aluminum sheet? Thats pretty much impossible.

He probably means aluminum soda cans.
It makes the world go round.

#15 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:31 AM

Maybe. Sounds reasonable. I can get guns to shoot through cans.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#16 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

Maybe. Sounds reasonable. I can get guns to shoot through cans.

I shot through a piece of pizza some friends and I stuck to a pizza box once when we were bored :/ pretty funny.. put it on youtube... not too proud of it xD

But that aside, Sounds like you got some leaks somewhere (sorry if it was mentioned) if you have to pump that many times. At 20 pumps I embed the dart in the drywall in my basement. I'm using 3/4 inch stefans, 3/0 weights or bb's for the tips (with glue on top... doesn't help much in the end)

#17 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

I have another question for naj. Doesn't PEX bend when you use it for barrels longer than a couple inches, IE if it is a foot long then wouldn't it be angled at the ground because of the properties of PEX? Also how does your barrel stay in without adhesive or tape?
And Daecu I found the video. Its pretty funny.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 16 November 2008 - 12:28 PM.

TNL,

#18 titanfan

titanfan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

But i have a question: do you need to open the gun to get 200 feet?

Merry Christmas.
Ompa's Titan Mod Oops, the pics are messed up on this one. Refer to the second link.
Another Titan write-up

A little searching can get you a long way (no pun intended).

i can tell you 150 feet without taking apart the gun. the big orange thing you dont need. saw off the LITTLE orange thing about 2 centimeters. hot glue on a recon barrel, let it settle, then shoot it with 50 pumps. ta da, you have a gun that shoots really hard, and one that shoots far.

#19 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

Go read the CoC and pray.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#20 infidel

infidel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:35 AM

Titanfan, I would highly recommend you read the CoC and edit your post very fast before a moderator sees your post.

On topic: That was a pretty good write up except pictures would improve it a lot.
"yeah, we suck in close combat. its a shame you'll never get there."

"you CAN have your cake and eat it too"

"school is a microcosm of society"-elmo

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow because delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done."
Aaron Burr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users