Foam Shooter's Content

There have been 204 items by Foam Shooter (Search limited from 22-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#166085 Homemade Magazine

Posted by Foam Shooter on 02 August 2008 - 10:51 PM in Homemades

If I recall correctly Boltsniper used a 1/2" coil spring. These are the springs used in drink coolers that you would see at 7/11. When you pull a drink out the force the next one to the front. As for the shells I would suggest it because the springs are usually a little to strong and squish the darts a little bit. Best of Luck.

#165068 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 July 2008 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

Nice way to save a broken Longshot.
However I don't see how the clip can still work with it.
Added to the directory.

In the video it shows he loads them one at a time and doesn't use a clip. I am starting to love you ice (no homo). At first it was a little shaky but you've come a long way.

#160840 Longshot Carbine

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 June 2008 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

I love this mod and all but your black longshot is very nice!

You have to read the code of conduct.

Code of Conduct

Think Before You Post

Don't post unless you have something to say.

Avoid AIM-style (lol, u, ne, ppl, etc) spelling.

Avoid 1337-speak - s0 |_@m3.

Use capitalization and punctuation correctly.

Don't double-post - use the edit button.

Don't post in months-old topics unless you have something significant to add.

Don't ask questions that have been answered already - use the built-in search function and try Google first.

Acceptable Post Content

No Pr0n links or images.

No spam.

Stay on topic.

No plagiarism.

No pointless flames.

Creation of multiple accounts will result in deletion of all accounts.

Your Posting Privileges

If you break any of the above rules, the NerfHaven staff can, and very likely will, delete your account with little or no warning. If you repeatedly troll or spam on this forum I will personally ensure that your Internet access is terminated within two (2) working days.

There, I made it easy for you. I hope this isn't plagiarism. It's irritating have such old topics on the first page of the forums.

#160799 Thin Walled Pvc

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 June 2008 - 08:04 PM in General Nerf

Lo Effin L you put the breach on exactly the same gun I am goin to, Thnx.
I still cant find the thinwalled 1" Pvc, would the 1.25" PVC work, I am trying to make Boltsniper's GNS.

You would have to use Carbon's gasket plunger set up and it would be much bigger. I'm guessing this is your first homemade so you should start building a SNAP. It is made by Carbon and he has a nice writeup right here. It was my first homemade and it helps you measure your level of building skills.

#160654 Thin Walled Pvc

Posted by Foam Shooter on 27 June 2008 - 01:03 PM in General Nerf

1/2" thinwalled PVC is SDR 13.5, and both 3/4" and 1" PVC is SDR 21. My supplier is Lowes but I am unsure if there are any Lowes in Canada. Hope this helps.

#160430 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by Foam Shooter on 25 June 2008 - 07:29 PM in Homemades

Now that is a great idea. It definately is less bulky than a holster of any kind. Is it easy to take off and fire?

#160278 Ball Blaster (the Cruisin' Bruiser)

Posted by Foam Shooter on 24 June 2008 - 03:52 PM in Homemades

Excellent job for your first homemade but it doesn't look like it would be efficient in a nerf war. This is due to the size of the airtank, the length of the barrel, and the pump is on the body so you have to attach it every time. I bet if you work on the design a little though there could be some major improvement. How many pumps does it take to get 75' (a great range for a ball gun by the way)?

#160067 Holding Pressure In Pump Guns

Posted by Foam Shooter on 23 June 2008 - 12:12 AM in Homemades

Is the one way valve facing the wrong way? You may be pressurising the area between the pump and one way valve if it is facing the wrong way. I know it sounds obvious but I would double check.

#158015 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Foam Shooter on 04 June 2008 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Max Shot

Mods: 17/32" brass in PVC coupler with 9/16" brass in PVC barrel.

Posted Image

Disk Shot Pistol

Mods: 9/16" brass inside of PVC. Handyman spring and reinforced catch, cut down.

Posted Image
Big Bad Bow

Mods: CPVC coupler with fore grip replaced and front sight removed.

Posted Image

Magstrike

Mods: Air restrictors removed, Over pressure release valve "fixed".

Posted Image
Air Tech 4000

Mods: CPVC coupler, pump plugged

Posted Image
Big(gest) Salvo)

Mods: CPVC couplers with Bigger salvo barrels.

Posted Image
Nite Finder

Mods: Clean CPVC coupler with mini bungee.

Posted Image

Maverick

Mods: Air restrictors removed, painted.

Posted Image
Air Tech 1000

Mods: CPVC barrels.

Posted Image
Big Blast

Mods: Air restrictors removed, pump plugged, cut down.

Posted Image

SM750

Mods: CPVC coupler, pump plugged.

Posted Image
Dart Tag Gun

Mods: Air restrictors removed, handle cut-off.

Posted Image
Max Shot

Mods:Air restrictors removed, plastic cut off to allow use of my homemade rockets.

#157915 Nerf Outing Side Arms

Posted by Foam Shooter on 03 June 2008 - 04:41 PM in Modifications

I use my Disk Shot as a sidearm. Here are some specs:
  • Air restrictors removed
  • 9/16" brass barrel
  • Handyman spring replacement
  • Cut down
  • New industrial strength catch spring
  • Filled with FBR
I made a silenced NF by putting two layers of thick craft foam on the front of the plunger head and then I put a light piece of foam I had under the spring, around the plunger shaft. The only noticeable noise it makes is the plunger head hitting the end of the plunger tube. There is no spring rattling at all.

#157302 Ntdmg

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 May 2008 - 05:18 PM in Homemades

I was just trying to design a gun like this with no successs figuring it wouldn't be feasible in a war. I guess you proved me wrong. I don't really get the paint but if the prototype works you should make a video of it.

#156287 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Foam Shooter on 19 May 2008 - 03:41 PM in Homemades

The Lowes in Savannah GA carries it but I'm sure other stores do to. When I bought it, it wasn't labeled as sch 20 PVC, it just had a low max psi. Just look at the bottom of the pvc, anything smaller than sch 40 will work. As for the handle, it is pretty study, it all depends on how you apply it to the gun.

Is it SDR 21 because that's called thinwall PVC? It fits 1/2" endcaps in it loosely.

#156217 Bottle Rockets

Posted by Foam Shooter on 18 May 2008 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

Wait... Would this imply shooting off bottle rockets indoors? um.... not thanks.

I believe he is talking about outdoor wars. That would be chaotic indoors.

#156190 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Foam Shooter on 18 May 2008 - 07:00 PM in Homemades

Just for the heck of it I want to build this but where did you find Schedule 20 PVC. I searched online and I found people talking about it on forums but nowhere had it for sale. I like the handle idea, it's creative. Is it sturdy?

#152361 Primary Guns

Posted by Foam Shooter on 21 April 2008 - 09:27 AM in General Nerf

My current primary is my Max Shot with a PVC coupler and 9/16" brass in the PVC. There is also 17/32" brass inside the coupler so it's nested in the 9/16" when I put the barrel on. My new primary is hopefully going to be my Snap. I just need to put a handle and stock on it.

#150295 The Nightfire

Posted by Foam Shooter on 09 April 2008 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

I am doing this right now believe it or not. I would suggest covering up the sides with plastic or bondo to make it much more appealing.

#149733 First Shot Problem!

Posted by Foam Shooter on 06 April 2008 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

You may want to check your seal. It could be that the air it the dart and propels it but then the air finds an easier way out, the broken seal, so the dart stays in the barrel. It happened to me before.

#149665 A Few Quick Questions Before I Cement...

Posted by Foam Shooter on 06 April 2008 - 03:13 PM in Homemades

You should use Silicone Spray or a Silicone based lubricant. Petroleum will eat at the rubber so don't use vasoline or WD-40. This will cause air to leak over time.

#147116 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 March 2008 - 03:27 PM in General Nerf

Nerf- Dart Tag Gun set

Lanard- Big Salvo/Big Blast(same price where I got them)

Homemade- Bought the materials for GNS, realized I was out of my league at the time, recently recycled for my Snap WIP.

I never have bought a Buzz Bee

#146524 Happy Easter Everyone!

Posted by Foam Shooter on 23 March 2008 - 10:09 PM in Off Topic

Happy easter! I finally got a Rubik's Cube. The Easter Mom... I mean uhhh Bunny brought it. :)

#146479 Missing Nf Catch Spring

Posted by Foam Shooter on 23 March 2008 - 06:28 PM in General Nerf

I'm going to try to get a picture up soon but in the hardware isle at Home Depot there should be a small box of industrial strength springs. The box is orange and it is about $3.00

#146094 Sniping

Posted by Foam Shooter on 21 March 2008 - 08:22 AM in General Nerf

Well there is really no such thing as a douche bag, it's more of a sharpshooter that can be mobile around the playing field. A good gun for sharpshooting indoors is a Big Bad Bow. You should modify it with the Angel Big Bad Bow mod. This way it will be clipped so if you have to be on the move you will still have a good rate of fire. It is also very accurate and has good range.

#146013 Maverick Problems

Posted by Foam Shooter on 20 March 2008 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

I don't think that the pluger is upside down because the smaller clip coming off of it is the catch. The catch is supposed to be on the bottom so that the pole that cocks it has the larger clip to push against. I'm not sure if that made any sense. As for your problem you may want to increase the strength of the catch spring. Either buy a new one or stretch the one that is already in it. The problem is if you stretch the spring already in the gun then it won't last as long as it should.

#145863 Interesting Question

Posted by Foam Shooter on 19 March 2008 - 07:41 PM in Off Topic

Thats a really big coincedence. Today at school my friends And i were arguing over if a blind person could wrestle, and win a match. evryone said no, except two other people and I.

Anyone remember the movie Going to the Mat. It was aired on the Disney Channel a while ago about Jason "Jace" Newfield. It was the best and thankfully one of the only movies I have watched on that channel.

#145600 Spare Time

Posted by Foam Shooter on 17 March 2008 - 08:49 PM in Off Topic

I can understand if you read through a thread you saw in the modification directory and don't realize the date of the last post... but to necro this thread means reading back several pages in the forums, which should sound a few "these might be old posts" alarms no matter what.

Actually, might it be possible to add a disclaimer to the top of the mod directory reading something like "Be sure to check the date of the last post before replying to threads you find here" ?

That shouldn't be necessary because it is self irrelevant.

In my spare time I play basketball, golf, baseball, and I like to modify stuff other than nerf guns such as cheap RC cars (Zip Zaps by Radioshack).

#145562 Big Salvo Op Valve?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 17 March 2008 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

I did the Bigger Salvo mod and plugged the pump. It is worth it just be sure to not pump it over 60ish. I pump mine 50 times to get 80 ft. ranges with it I think. I haven't used it in a while because the barrel broke off but I just got hot glue so I will fix it soon. Mine also has a coupler on it so that I can use single barrels. I would suggest not to plug the pump if you are going to just use single barrels because it leaves welts with a plugged pump. Four, big welts.

#145561 A Nerf Video

Posted by Foam Shooter on 17 March 2008 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

I watched this a while ago by searching nerf on youtube. It was humorous and creative.

#145552 Camera

Posted by Foam Shooter on 17 March 2008 - 04:38 PM in Off Topic

I'm having a problem with my camera. It's a Canon PowerShot A80. I am not sure if this is a fixable problem but when I press the button to take a picture the orange light flashes like it is about to flash and take a picture. The problem is that it just stays like that flashing and it says 1/60 and F2.8. I looked it up and I learned that those numbers have to do with the shutter speed but there was nothing about this problem. Just wondering if anyone here has experience with cameras and can help me with this problem.

#144054 Mod Idea For A Recon

Posted by Foam Shooter on 05 March 2008 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

The whole point of the Recon is the point of the great RoF. If you make it air powered then it will decrease the RoF making it not as useful. I also do not know how you will use the breech if you throw an airtank into it because the airtank will just get in the way. The only plus side to this is better range but I think Better range < RoF but I play inside. You should just take out the air restrictor.

#142260 Morg Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 23 February 2008 - 04:36 PM in Homemades

Nice homemade, I like the idea a lot. For a name I would suggest FOG (Fully Operational Gun) or FORG (Fully Operational Rof Gun).

#142247 Ea Details Plans For Hasbro Brands. Announces Nerf N Strike Video Game

Posted by Foam Shooter on 23 February 2008 - 03:59 PM in General Nerf

http://gizmodo.com/p...2008/1000756193

Yay it's the nerf DS videogame.

#142148 Life Without A Dremel?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 23 February 2008 - 11:33 AM in Modifications

I started out by using "nippy cutters" which are pretty much the same thing as diagnol cutters. I then moved on to a Dremel but like Pineapple said I still start with the cutters then clean up with my Dremel.

#142067 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Foam Shooter on 22 February 2008 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

I think this is the first modification to integrate the Disk Shot transmitter into the actual Disk Shot. Without further adieu here she is, Weapon 76.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will post a video once I fix/buy a new camera.

#142035 The Vulcan

Posted by Foam Shooter on 22 February 2008 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

I think that the ammo box is just opened not bigger. Nice find though.

#141999 Gun Names

Posted by Foam Shooter on 22 February 2008 - 04:50 PM in General Nerf

Since General Cole took my first 75 choices for names I guess I will name my Disk Shot Weapon 76 and my Longshot Weapon 0.

#141992 Gears Of War 2

Posted by Foam Shooter on 22 February 2008 - 04:21 PM in Off Topic

So what do you think? The Gears of War 2 trailer came out and the Lancer is in it. The name of the trailer is "Bare your teeth". It appears that there is a new chainsaw move that you flip the Lancer into the air and stab the locust with it. Post any news in this thread.

Unfortunately the game is not releasing until November 2008. :D

#140217 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 14 February 2008 - 03:58 PM in General Nerf

My first gun was an SM750. I got it from my grandmother on Easter. I modded it a few years later when I came across it in my basement. The first gun that I heavily modded was a NF the day after.

#140216 Ea Details Plans For Hasbro Brands. Announces Nerf N Strike Video Game

Posted by Foam Shooter on 14 February 2008 - 03:54 PM in General Nerf

The Wii gun looks just like a Disk Shot pistol but a removable plunger, holds less ammo, and a rail for lights and whatnot.

#138792 The Chief Is Using Nerf!

Posted by Foam Shooter on 05 February 2008 - 04:05 PM in General Nerf

I'd agree with Sn1per, that is a NF/Recon. Also it doesn't look like it works because the plunger is not there.

#138789 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by Foam Shooter on 05 February 2008 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

I would love it if they rereleased one X-Bow and give it to me. That would be sweet

Since that's not going to happen I would say Lock n' Load then Eagle Eye.