Mod Idea For A Recon

What do you guys think?

3 replies to this topic

#1 wilbyrum

wilbyrum

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

Alrighty, well a few days ago I got a brand new Recon. I finally got it out of the box and what a shocker, it sucked. So I figured I should just have fun with it and make something neat. Well all of a sudden a idea came to me to take out the spring setup and to replace it with a pump system. Since I don’t think anyone has done this to a Recon yet I thought I should try it.

I was wondering what all of you thought of this idea, or if anyone has done it before.
Any and all comments/criticism will be welcome.

If you guys like it I’ll build it and do a write up, if turns out to be worth anything.

Edit: Also, which pump gun would you suggest that i get some of the internals from such as the balder, valve, and pump?

Edited by wilbyrum, 05 March 2008 - 11:50 PM.

Any Nerfers in the Carolinas Pm me!

#2 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

The whole point of the Recon is the point of the great RoF. If you make it air powered then it will decrease the RoF making it not as useful. I also do not know how you will use the breech if you throw an airtank into it because the airtank will just get in the way. The only plus side to this is better range but I think Better range < RoF but I play inside. You should just take out the air restrictor.

Edited by Foam_Shooter, 05 March 2008 - 09:51 PM.

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

Well keep in mind there are two parts reloading any gun: cocking, and refilling the barrel.

While yes, one of the highlights of the recon is the high rate of fire, one of the low point of pump guns is low rate of fire. Combining these would provide an interesting median.

I can't recall anyone having done something like this, but it was bound to pop up eventually. All spring guns get air tanks sometime down the line...

There is a similar gun, though, the Photon Burst Power Blaster, which has has a 2k air tank (I believe it was a 2k) integrated into it. If you look or search through the mods section you should be able to find the mod, and that should help you out a little.

Best of luck.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

While yes, one of the highlights of the recon is the high rate of fire, one of the low point of pump guns is low rate of fire. Combining these would provide an interesting median.

Cough *AT3K* Cough, cough.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users