Morg Writeup

Mead Me Homy Fern Gnu

8 replies to this topic

#1 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

This gun is based off of Carbon's SNAP and uses FA_24's Deoderant clip. It is not all mine. This being said, I compiled it myself and I think my breech is original. It can be made with about $20 and works great. Also, for the sake of this write-up not being terribly long, I have linked to other write-ups to follow for more details.

Ranges-
With 6" barrel extention
I used a variety of dart thickness for these, hence the wide variation. Also, these tests show that I should have chosen a longer barrel- perhaps 4" longer. That is for my darts, though, which are loose enough to use CPVC.

Without further adoo-

MORG

The gun itself
Posted Image

Uncocked

Posted Image

Cocked

Posted Image

The Trigger

Posted Image

Uncocked

Posted Image

Cocked

Posted Image

Breech partway open

Posted Image

Size comparison

Posted Image

Specs

Description............Multi Shot Primary
Designation..........................MORG!
Release Date.....................Jan 2008
Caliber..............0.54" (Micro Stefans)
Operation...............Pull-Push Foregrip
Propulsion...................Spring Plunger
Magazine............Detachable Top Feed
Mag Capacity................................6
Overall Length.......................25.5 in
Weigh.....................................2.3lb
Barrel Length...........................14 in
Max Rate of Fire.........................N/A
Max Range.................................70'
Effective Range...........................55'
Accurate Range...........................40'
Intended Use........................Primary

Materials:

For Plunger
  • 1' 1.25" PVC
  • 1x Clothespin
  • 1x Nail (for trigger)
  • 2x 1.25" PVC coupler
  • 2x 1.25" to .5" PVC reducing bushing
  • 1x Angle bracket (for trigger)
  • 1' 1" PVC (for spring guide)
  • 1x .75" PVC endcap
  • .5' .75" PVC
  • 2x Handyman 9713 Spring
  • 1x .75" to .5" PVC reducing bushing
  • 1x .5" CPVC endcap or coupler
Rest of Gun
  • 1' .5" PVC
  • 1' 19/32" Brass
  • 11" 9/16 PETG (lengthen for dart tightness)
  • 1x .5 PVC tee
  • 2' Threaded metal rod
  • 4x Nuts to go on rod
  • 2x Angle brackets to go on rod
  • .5' 1/2" Brass
  • 1x Rightguard gel deoderant stick
  • 1x Dead 9v battery
  • 1' 1" PVC (for handle)
  • 1x .75" PVC coupler
  • .5' .75" PVC
Tools
  • Epoxy Putty
  • Plumber's Goop
  • Wire cutters
  • Hacksaw/PVC cutters
  • PVC cement
  • Hammer
  • Complex $50,000 specialty machine that no one actually owns
To start, this gun uses the build of Carbon's Snap 1 with a few tweaks.
http://www.boltsnipe...ap-1/SNAP1.html
  • I used a O-ring plunger instead of a washer. Though the linked wirte-up is made for thinwall 1' PVC, it is pretty similar.
    <a href="http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=6934" target="_blank">http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=6934</a>
  • I used a 3" CPVC plunger rod. The spring fits well over it.
  • I used a small peice of 1' PVC to support the spring. It fits in the back of the plunger tube and is just short enough not to interfere with the plunger.
  • I put a coupler and 1.25"-.5" PVC reducing bushing on the front and back. If you want a cleaner look, you can put an endcap on the back, but you will loose the ability to attach a stock. Note:don't glue the front reducer on yet
  • For the plunger head assembly, put the o-ring in a slot in the .75" PVC endcap. Inside of the endcap, put the .75" to .5" PVC reducing bushing. Inside this, place the CPVC fitting with the CPVC inside it. You will then need to sand down the endcap and bushing to let the nail reach the catch slot.
Now that you have your main body, we can start the actual writeup.

To start, take the front 1.25" to .5" PVC reducing bushing and glue half of the .75" PVC coupler in the inside of it with the loose end facing away from the .5" side. Now cut a 1" peice of .75" PVC. Next, cut a 5.5" peice of 19/32" brass. Glue a 5" peice of 1/2" brass inside it. Glue the end of the brass with the glue in it in the peice of .75" PVC that you just cut and put it in the gun with the brass sticking out of the front bushing. I also recomend gluing some FBR onto the peice of .75" PVC to help silence the gun.

Cut a 4.25" Peice of .5" PVC. Now, glue one end into your .5" PVC tee. Now, using FA_24's guide, put the deoderant clip as close to the tee as you can.
When making your clip, keep the peice that attaches to the screwey part that pushes the gell down. Sand this peice dawn so that it slides easialy in the clip and use it as your feeder (peice that pushes darts down). Put your 9v battery on top of it to weigh it down.
Note: this is the time at which you will have the choice to make a foregrip (like I did) or a side bolt (like the Longshot). For the foregrip, put your clip on opposite the tee. For a side bolt, put the clip on perpendicular to the tee.

Clip write-up
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=6370=

Once the clip is done, glue the 19/32" brass in the .5" PVC just behind where the dart will load and on the side without the tee.

The clip
Posted Image

You are almost done.
Next, take your peice of PETG and put it in the brass. Now hold it still and cock your gun. Mark where the dart will load once it is fully cocked and cut the breech opening. Make sure that the brass sufficently covers the opening when it is in the forward position.

Now, drill two holes in your front reducing bushing the size of your metal rods. Screw the rods into the holes you just made. Now screw two nuts, a bracket, then two more nuts onto each rod on the end. Make sure that the PETG barrel in place so that it is open when the priming handle is back and covered when the priming handle is forward and glue it onto the angle brackets.

Other Construction Specs
  • Length of 1.25" PVC with both couplers glued on - 12" exactly
  • Distance from end of front 1.25" coupler to trigger catch - 6.5"
  • Ammount of hot glue used - 20lbs
Again, I can't stress enough how much credit goed to Carbon, ForsakenAngel_24, and Gyrvalcon for doing my write-ups for me. :D

Edited by Qui'lan Fett, 24 February 2008 - 12:02 AM.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#2 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

A Tad butt-ugly, butt (bad pun right there) it is cool nevertheless. The name really fits it. MORG kind of fits the 'frankenstein' aspect of it. You know, the two or three bottles of plumbers goop. And about the $50,000 machine, I (meaning my dad) probably doesn't have one. My dad does have a lathe though, great for shaving down PVC.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#3 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:00 AM

I am actually taking suggestions for a new name, since MORG stands for Mostly Opperational Rof Gun and it is now fully opperational.

Also, for all who were wondering, Mead Me Homy Fern Gnu is an anagram for "My homemade nerf gun". Also possible, "Famed Gunnery Eh Mom", "My Foamed Gunner Hem", "Famed Rogue Men Hymn", "Deaf Gunner Eh Mommy", and "Fanged Her One Mummy"

If you are still confused, a gnu is a wildebeest, so Mead me homy fern gnu basically means, "meet me homie fern wildebeast".
SNAP Shotgun

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:12 AM

Well, Morg doesn't have to stand for something, it sounds awesome. Morg. It sounds like some ancient warrior/gladiator, or some sould eater from the rings of hell or something. That is just what I thought of it within 5 seconds. Name it whatever you want though. Someday, when I obtain an Xbow, I will name it Morg.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:15 AM

That's an awesome gun, largely because it looks so… utilitarian. I especially like the battery in the mag for some reason.

#6 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

Nice homemade, I like the idea a lot. For a name I would suggest FOG (Fully Operational Gun) or FORG (Fully Operational Rof Gun).

#7 GuerillaMan557

GuerillaMan557

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

looks uncomfortable

#8 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

Looks like this is from February.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

It was actually a very comfortable gun, especially with a stock attached. But this gun is now dead, so its thread deserves no more replies.
SNAP Shotgun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users