Quilan Fett's Content

There have been 640 items by Quilan Fett (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#170037 Bike Nerf

Posted by Quilan Fett on 17 August 2008 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

Just buy some handlebar grips and glue it on to them. Then put them on your current bike and you can remove them for normal use.

#169585 Homemade Problems

Posted by Quilan Fett on 15 August 2008 - 10:34 PM in Homemades

http://www.plastomat...regulators.html

If your design fails.

#167300 Easy (!) Ls Mod?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 07 August 2008 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

TheNERFArmageddon- The LS is fairly easy, but only if you know what you are doing.

angelof_DEATH182- Unimpossible? I think you mean not impossible.

Bradshaw- Do you have a bike or any money? If so, you can ride it to a store and buy things with your own money. It is what I do.

I wrote this for someone else a while ago, so I don't know if it will help you. I was feeling very helpful that day. Unfortunately, I am not today.

Note- This is not mine. I took parts of Captain Slug and Carrtoon's toutorials and patched them together with my words. If you are either of them and have a problem with this, please notify me and I will remove it.

To remove the air-restrictors, unscrew the back of the plunger tube and pull the insides out. (light purple in this picture) http://www.captainsl...ls_inside_3.jpg

Pull out the spring. http://i46.photobuck...3/Carr2n/I3.jpg

Push the bolt back into open position so that the barrel(where the dart goes) is close to you inside the plunger tube. You will see this. http://i46.photobuck...Carr2n/I2-1.jpg

Now, I'll let Carrtoon explain the rest

When you look inside, you'll see the restrictor with three prongs jutting out of the center of it. You need to cut out only the center, like you would do with an NF restrictor. Cut out the back until the center of the restrictor is flush with the walls. The way I did it was by using a buzz saw bit on my dremel. You can probably drill it out, but I don't recommend it. Once the back is cut out out, you will see the restrictor spring. Take that out. Next comes the restrictor. It has a + on the back of it like all of the other restrictors. I was able to get ahold of that with a leatherman and pull the restrictor out. This should be very easy if you dremeled right. Here's the finished gutted plunger tube from the back:
http://i46.photobuck...Carr2n/I2-1.jpg
Then, either put it back together, or put a stronger spring in.

To do this, take this peice again. http://i46.photobuck...3/Carr2n/I3.jpg
On the front, on the middle of the circular part, there is a silver screw. Unscrew it, and pull the circular piece off. Now is where the NF spring comes in. The NiteFinder is a readily available, cheap nerf pistol. To use a NF, or Nitefinder spring in a longshot, you must open a nitefinder, remove the spring--thereby rendering the NF useless--and place it on the pole the lonshot spring is also on. With both springs on, Screw the circular piece back on and reassemble your longshot.

#167019 Nite Finder Mod

Posted by Quilan Fett on 07 August 2008 - 12:19 AM in Modifications

Dude, I respect that. I don't show my face online, or disclose my age or location. But I don't dress up as a ninja.

For what it's worth, my favorite part was "friggin crap".

#166695 National Geographic Gun Problems

Posted by Quilan Fett on 05 August 2008 - 12:40 AM in Modifications

You can flre it flat stock by pulling the trigger halfway at 45 degrees then leveling it.

#166105 The Screw That Won't Unscrew!

Posted by Quilan Fett on 03 August 2008 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Just drill it with a normal bit. It is bad for the bit, but they are probabally cheaper than the fancy previously mentioned ones.

#165956 Barrelling Material Question

Posted by Quilan Fett on 02 August 2008 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

It is really a matter of preference. I prefer PETG because you can make intricate breeches with it as it can be cut with a box knife.

#165276 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Quilan Fett on 29 July 2008 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

No discount for nerfhaven. It was for another store.

#164851 Looking For A Design

Posted by Quilan Fett on 27 July 2008 - 09:31 PM in Homemades

Just buy a vulcan. I haven't ever even seen a belt-fed homemade, let-alone a fully-auto belt-fed.

#164832 Homemade Rifle

Posted by Quilan Fett on 27 July 2008 - 07:59 PM in Homemades

Darts too hheavy and/or not enough power.

#164831 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Quilan Fett on 27 July 2008 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

Why is everyone so exited about 1-3 rounds per second ROF? My stock magstrike can make 11 per second easy.

How do u get 11 per sec it only holds 10???? :o

The navy's version of the Thompson SMG shot 600rpm, which would be 60 rounds per second. Did it have a 60rd magazine? No. If you fire 10 shots in 0.9 seconds, that would be about 11 rounds per second. By the way, you should also read the CoC, since you obviously didn't do it like you were supposed to when you signed up.

1 min = 60 sec. 600 / 60= 10.

#164493 Give Mr Tubb A New Sig

Posted by Quilan Fett on 25 July 2008 - 05:30 PM in Off Topic

Ooh, this is getting dirty. Just makes me want to rub myself down with caster oil and set my nipple on fire.

Wait, is this VACC's admission of having only one nipple? His choice of singular nouns is mildly disturbing...

...Perhaps he already set the other one on fire?

It is just like saying "Mike Tyson bit off my ear" or "I had my tooth pulled".

imaseoulman
--------------
reacted

Get it?

#164462 Beta Testors Needed

Posted by Quilan Fett on 25 July 2008 - 03:58 PM in Off Topic

Dang, I always used sn L per with a lowercase l. scumbag

What makes it say asshole or penis?

Also, Philote- http://en.wikipedia....i/FAMAS_(rifle)

#164406 Outlet Powered Vulcan

Posted by Quilan Fett on 25 July 2008 - 12:50 PM in Modifications

I was thinking that you could set up some type of pill box or bunker with a lookout to call the shots like a loser team and they could cover you while you reload. The whole premise of the plug and shoot was if you were in an indoor war you could use the extension cord if the batteries went dead as a failsafe.

What the heck someone fricked with my post it originally said $niper team!!! Every time I go to write the word $niper it changes it to loser?

You're new here, right?

#164402 The Dark Knight

Posted by Quilan Fett on 25 July 2008 - 12:42 PM in Off Topic

Did anyone else notice that whenever the Joker told someone how he got his scars, it was a different story? I think it was going to be an ongoing thing, but all but two got cut out because the movie was already like 3 hours long.

#164285 Give Mr Tubb A New Sig

Posted by Quilan Fett on 24 July 2008 - 09:16 PM in Off Topic

Mr. Tubb came out and he smiled at me. Said it's gonna be a good one just wait and see!
Jumped out of bed and I ran outside feeling so extra exstatified!

It's the Best sig ever! (Best sig ever)
It's the Best sig ever! (Best sig ever)

#163881 Wall-e

Posted by Quilan Fett on 23 July 2008 - 01:51 PM in Off Topic

I found this movie very depressing. The way it makes you cringe at the humans. I would not have liked this as a little kid.

#163373 Ls Bolt Rechambering

Posted by Quilan Fett on 20 July 2008 - 12:38 AM in Modifications

I have to be nitpicky. If someone is following your mod directly, they are likely to screw up their gun. You stated that you should epoxy the brass into the stock breech, then remove it. This is rather hard to do.

#162333 Two Questions About Homemades

Posted by Quilan Fett on 11 July 2008 - 12:50 AM in Homemades

As Carbon said, the brass fits. Also, soe PVC cement only works for one kind, but some work for both 40 and 80.

#162025 Primary Guns

Posted by Quilan Fett on 08 July 2008 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

ok now a heavy modded bbb is like maybe 80ft.
a barely modded bbbb is 125-130 ft.
a bbb spring and an AR removal on a longshot is about 70-100 ft.

Now think about speed,
the bbbb is the slowest but the strongest!
the bbb is the second slowest and lowest ranged
the longshot is the quickest because of the clip factor but is the most work! Also has pretty good range!

my choice is the longshot because the range is pretty good, and the speed is very conveinyent! The speed kills doing single shot on the bbbb, and the bbb!

The BBBB is more like 80-110
The BBB is more like 60-70
The LS is more like 30-60

#161829 Double Longshot Carbine

Posted by Quilan Fett on 07 July 2008 - 01:13 PM in Modifications

I think the gun would work, and possibly well, but it was just too much fun to answer "NO, YOU IDIOT!"

#161570 What Nerf Guns Would You Want Re-released?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 05 July 2008 - 02:13 PM in General Nerf

1. SM1K
2. SM1.5K
3. Arrowstorm

What would be awesome is if Hasbro mass-produced a shell-less Scar and the NTS. With their light plastics for the plungers, they would be unstoppable.

#161301 An Intro, A Thank You, Links Etc

Posted by Quilan Fett on 02 July 2008 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=5726.0

http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=3494.0

#160242 Eye Protection

Posted by Quilan Fett on 24 June 2008 - 01:00 PM in Nerf Wars

1313, you're a cool guy.

thanks for backin me bro

Misquoting is not a joke. I think that you and Jules are both very close to getting banned. I'd cool it if I were you.

As for eye protection, I use Dart tag glasses. I shot them point blank with a 320 fps airsoft gun and they didn't even scratch.

#160126 Holding Pressure In Pump Guns

Posted by Quilan Fett on 23 June 2008 - 03:01 PM in Homemades

Likely the pump seal- add some e-tape under the o-ring.

#159905 Sn*pers Aren't Losers!

Posted by Quilan Fett on 21 June 2008 - 11:36 AM in Site Feedback

I can see why you would think this.
[Anecdote]Fooling around before a war, I once climbed 30' up into a Ucalyptus with my singled titan. When my friend got there, I nailed him in the head from about 100'. The problem is, in a war, by shooting him, I give away my position and now am stuck 30' up in a tree while the other team comes running.[/Anecdote]

Also, if you really want to say it, use marksman, sharpshooter, long range, etc.

PS. scumbag

#159901 Morg Writeup

Posted by Quilan Fett on 21 June 2008 - 11:25 AM in Homemades

It was actually a very comfortable gun, especially with a stock attached. But this gun is now dead, so its thread deserves no more replies.

#159861 Warthog Problems

Posted by Quilan Fett on 20 June 2008 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

Hot glue does hold, but it is not airtight. Tiny holes form in it as it dries. I recommend you splurge and buy some epoxy.

#159825 Nerf Swords

Posted by Quilan Fett on 20 June 2008 - 10:40 AM in Off Topic

As long as you're using at least 1/2" PVC, you shouldn't have to worry about shattering the core unless you're going all-out against a steel pole, tree, or brick wall.

I disagree. I used 1/2" PVC on 1/2" PVC with my friend and they shattered.

#159794 Nerf Swords

Posted by Quilan Fett on 19 June 2008 - 10:08 PM in Off Topic

I am having serious doubts about the strength of these things. My PVC swords break after <5 min of use.

#159712 Longshot Troubles

Posted by Quilan Fett on 19 June 2008 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

The ID of the LS PC is Slightly larger (millimeters) than the ID of 1.25" PVC. But since the stock plunger chamber is thinner, 1.25" PVC probabally won't fit. I'd try thinwall 1" and a new plunger head.

#159623 Big Blast, Bad?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 18 June 2008 - 01:58 PM in Modifications

You have to either use stefans or use a PVC barrel with CPVC nested in it.

#159607 Tail-spinning Problem

Posted by Quilan Fett on 18 June 2008 - 12:48 PM in Modifications

I did the same thing about a year ago. Hammar 2 or 3" of CPVC into 6" of PVC. It works.

Also, taggers have fewer defects than stefans, making them more accurate. With this, I can hit a 4" wide fencepost 2/5 times atleast from 60'.

#159561 The Vulcan

Posted by Quilan Fett on 17 June 2008 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

The piston-powered internal launching system

It's not fly-wheel!

#159323 The Snap-1 Mk2

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 June 2008 - 12:56 AM in Homemades

When I make homemades, I use a I use a 3/4" to 1/2" reducing coupling for the catchface. I don't know how well this can be used in a SNAP, because my guns catch in back like a FAR, but I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone who doesn't have access to a Home Depot wants to give it a try, because this is much easier than sanding an endcap.

#159280 Towers Of Hanoi

Posted by Quilan Fett on 15 June 2008 - 04:43 PM in Off Topic

Shit. I have been working for an hour on a 12 ring version. http://www.mazeworks.com/hanoi/

#159254 Towers Of Hanoi

Posted by Quilan Fett on 15 June 2008 - 01:12 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, this brings back memories of KOTOR. Actually, solving for 7 rings is pretty much the same as solving with 5 rings as in KOTOR, just takes longer.

#158633 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by Quilan Fett on 10 June 2008 - 12:26 AM in Off Topic

I still hope Majesty the Fantasy Sim Kingdom is ported for newer Macs. Awesome game with a unique fighting style; Strategy, but you can't control the units, only reward them for tasks.

#158446 Xbow Plunger Reinforcement

Posted by Quilan Fett on 08 June 2008 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

I was reading that someone replaced their plunger tube and got better results. They said that the original one is not the same ID throughout. Something to consider. Also, any reason why you didn't use a rubber washer like in LS/NF Plunger head replacements or Carbon's SNAP?

#157560 Shell Rims

Posted by Quilan Fett on 31 May 2008 - 03:36 PM in Homemades

I might have access to a lathe, so I'll be able to thin down anything I need to. I don't want to go out and buy more supplies when i can just use what I already have.

EDIT: Just checked, SDR 21 1" PVC (thin wall/200psi) Is only 2.25 a foot. Guess I'll get some.

Are you sure it's not 2.25 for 10 feet? It is really cheap at Home Depot.