bigred1rifleman's Content

There have been 300 items by bigred1rifleman (Search limited from 19-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#237673 Kano Planning Thread

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 20 June 2009 - 07:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to host a war this July with the help of Merzlin, and I'm going to need some input from you guys. This war is going to be in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It's in south-western Michigan. We're about two hours away from Chicago, an hour from the Indy border, and four hours from the Ohio border. The date and location are what we're going to need help with. If you would like to attend this war, please answer the following questions in a post.

- Which of the next dates would be best for you? July 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
- Would you prefer a larger park with more terrain and better terrain or a park with less terrain but less population?
- What kind of game types would you like to have?
- Would an open field be a problem? Would you like a wooded area?

Now here are the rules. Tell me if you'd like something in here changed.

- Absolutely no singled Titans. Plugged Titans must be shotgunned to at least two barrels - a minimum of two attached to the airtank, with all barrels firing upon the trigger pull.

- No singled AND plugged 4Bs, LBBs, National Geographic Guns, or Signal Launchers. Plugged will imply shotgunned to at least two barrels.

- Special cases on the above banned guns will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if you feel you have something that is listed as banned but doesn't perform powerfully enough to warrant banning you may bring it, but please don't waste our time with a singled, plugged Titan where you shotgun-load a single barrel.

- Air-powered homemades (spring-powered ones are acceptable) will be considered on a case by case basis as well but the limitations on those will be stricter, since they're generally able to put out a lot more air than most of the big blasters. If they shoot less than 140ft flat they'll probably be okay.

- In the pistol rounds, the following will be banned: SM750s, Secret Shot 2s, AT2Ks, and some other high powered air pistols. Again, if you feel that you have a gun that should be an exception to this banned list, by all means, bring it along for testing.

- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. That is bad and you won't be allowed to use it, except for PASs and RFDGs. Those come in that color and are therefore fine. You need a flourecent tip on anything that's black, I'll probably have some orange DUCK tape.

Thanks for your help.
Finn

#237668 Spano 09 Recap

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 20 June 2009 - 07:29 PM in Nerf Wars

What exactly was the "ridiculous weapons round"? Sounds like alot of fun, and I can't wait for the video of it.

Finn

#237655 Flintlock Pistol

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 20 June 2009 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Okay, well, how many clicks do you here when you're cocking it? Mine's sawn down just past the groove, so it loses no power and has 4-clicks. If you here 4 clicks then it's not sawn down too much.

Finn

#237649 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 20 June 2009 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Ulysses. It's in the process of being painted.

Finn

#237635 Flintlock Pistol

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 20 June 2009 - 01:06 PM in Modifications

Blah, blah, blah.

I do not see any groove, but I did saw off up to the fore-grip not damaging the grip in any way. Also, out of the 5 modification write ups for the double shot in the modding directory none cut off the back part like I did. I have searched the modification forum and nothing came up. Now I am not saying I am the first person to do this as that would be stupid of me to assume, but as far as I know there is no other write-up for this on Nerf Haven.

I meant the groove wear you sawed off the stock. There aren't write-ups because they're unnecessary for the simplicity of this modification, you just took a saw to your blaster. The write-up may be helpful to some, though, because this is a good modification, you've just performed a part of it incorrectly.

Finn

#237628 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 20 June 2009 - 12:10 PM in Nerf Wars

What was that Frankenstein gun that 'Dumpster was using? It looked really cool.

Thanks
Finn

Slowguitarman's Boltok

That looks like alot of fun, you lucky little bastard!

Finn

#237598 Blast 2k

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 20 June 2009 - 07:51 AM in Modifications

Jerm: That looks good, I'll try it on my next one.
ANF: That's probably a better idea since it's already got the spinny thing (not sure what it's called).

Finn

#237511 Blast 2k

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 19 June 2009 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

Probably best to do it with a 3k or Mav turret next. I would have liked to see it in a different shell. That would have been AMAZING.

Love your sig.

Haha, yeah, I've got a screwed up 3k turret, so I'm planning that, but I've also got a 12 round 4K turret. Also, you must be pysicic, because I was going to put this into a Secret Strike shell (I think that's what it's called, the little red one).

Finn

#237496 Blast 2k

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 19 June 2009 - 07:50 PM in Modifications

Scott: I believe that I said that already.
Rogue: If I had an AT2K, I probably would've done that, your contributions to the modifications of Foam Blasters are great.

Finn

#237483 Flintlock Pistol

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 19 June 2009 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

1. You sawed off too much, you should have only sawed to that groove. With part of that groove missing, you can't achieve full power.

2. This mod has been done before, infact most people that own double shots do this.

Finn

#237476 Blast 2k

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 19 June 2009 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

Hey guys. I was trying to build a FrankenFinder the other day, but the plunger head seemed to be shattered, and I didn't have time to buy a new one. I ended up putting the turret from the 2K onto a BBBB. If you would like to replicate this modification, instructions follow below. This mod isn't perfect, as it has got some dead space, but it's fairly effective.

Here's the list of materials.

- 4x lengths of PETG, I used 8" pieces
- 1x Big Blast
- 1x AT2K Turret
- Hot glue and Glue gun
- Dremel/Grinder/Sandpaper
- Hacksaw

First, you'll need to cut down the Big Blast shell so the 2K turret will fit comfortably. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of this step.

Next, you'll need to cut and sand down the big blast barrel. Sand the top so the spring of the turret fits snugly against the side of the stock barrel.

Posted Image

Then, You'll want to dremel a groove into the top of the big blast shell, take a piece of the orange ring (the one from the big blast that you have to cut off to open the gun) and glue it into the groove.

After that, you'll want to glue the turret into the BBBB stock barrel, the back of the turret should be snug against the piece of orange ring, glue the ring to the turret.

Posted Image

To finish, reassemble your BBBB.

Posted Image

I haven't tested the ranges (ranges are for squares, anyway), but it shoots across my basement at high velocity and has alot of air output. Well, thanks for checking this out. Tell me if you need a video of this, I'm planning on making a quick firing demonstration, later. Also, the barrels are a bit crooked in the picture, but actually they're pretty straight.

Questions? Comments? Constructive criticism?

Thanks
Finn

#237395 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 19 June 2009 - 12:26 PM in Nerf Wars

What was that Frankenstein gun that 'Dumpster was using? It looked really cool.

Thanks
Finn

#237363 Chicago Showdown: Now Recapping

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 19 June 2009 - 10:05 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe as of now, but I may receive conformation later or tomarrow. The location looks great! If I'm able to come, I'll wear some camouflage, because I can actually use it here.

Finn

I know I'm not coming to this war, since firstly I'm back at home and secondly Armageddon is that day, but seriously, this needs addressing. Do you even fucking remember the past two wars we've had? What makes you think that camouflage is even remotely a good idea? Would you really want to sit in the bushes and foliage, waiting for someone to get within range so you could shoot them without noticing? In all honesty, I'm calling Zorn the day of the war and if you show up in camo I'm pulling a Tropic Thunder and making him punch you in the face really fucking hard.

Well, I can't come anyway, but I think I could take Zorn, haha.

Finn

#237292 My New Ls Mod

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 18 June 2009 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

You'd probably be better off duct taping 9 salvo chambers together.

That would be sweet. Also, I like your gun, although, the upside-down stock is a little excessive. How much does it way total? Also, does it fire the DTB and the Eliminators at the same time? Seems kind of of like BagHead's Fucking Pecan, but with only micros. BTW: SonReeceSonJensen, your nerdgasm sounded awesome.

Thanks
Finn

#237197 Daedalus Iii

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 18 June 2009 - 04:31 PM in Homemades

This is my younger brother's name, heheh. Anyway, how sturdy is that cocking rod? I know you said it was sturdy, but is it sturdier than the original NF cocking rod?

Thanks
Finn

#237110 Chicago Showdown: Now Recapping

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 18 June 2009 - 11:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Zorn, I didn't say webbing, I said camouflage, I only own camouflage clothing anyway (don't ask). If it's the eleventh, I will not be able to make it, due to BSA Camp.

Finn

#237018 Chicago Showdown: Now Recapping

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 17 June 2009 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe as of now, but I may receive conformation later or tomarrow. The location looks great! If I'm able to come, I'll wear some camouflage, because I can actually use it here.

Finn

#236800 ¿turret?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 16 June 2009 - 05:18 PM in General Nerf

Honestly, I don't call them turrets. Infact, I call them cylinders. Cylinder is the term used for the "turret" of revolving firearms.

Finn

#236731 Raider Preview

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 16 June 2009 - 11:36 AM in General Nerf

I feel kind of sorry for that gun. It's been dry fired excessively.

...but it's stock, the air restrictor is still in place.

Exactly, the seal will become weakened because it's not pushing air out while the plunger is still being forced forward. Also, in your video, you call them clips, they're magazines, and yes, there's a difference between the two.

Finn

#236494 Starscream Blaster

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 15 June 2009 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

Uh, nice necro.

Finn

#236433 Raider Preview

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 15 June 2009 - 01:14 PM in General Nerf

I feel kind of sorry for that gun. It's been dry fired excessively.

Finn

#236328 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 14 June 2009 - 09:34 PM in Nerf Wars

At 2:34, did that longshot have an integrated Lightnin' Blitz?

Finn

#235712 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 11 June 2009 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

How many BBBBs were there? The picture looks like there are five of them plus an LBB.

Finn

#235326 Wildfire

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 09 June 2009 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

Never mind this post, I'm too tired...

Finn

#234889 Check Out My New Website

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 07 June 2009 - 08:56 PM in General Nerf

What does it have to do with the NIC? It says "About Me" the gallery is empty, and the blog doesn't have anything it. Not quite sure what you're advertising this for...

Finn

#234541 Wildfire

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 05 June 2009 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

-twice as loud as a RF20

I agree. Liter Size brought one to ChANO 2. You could here it from across the park, it sounded like a suppressed firearm of somesort.

Finn

#234197 My Nerf Nitefinder

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 03 June 2009 - 09:08 PM in Modifications

w00t, I get to be the first to say it...

EYE RAPING COLOR SCHEMES ARE BAD-ASS

Seriously, black. Thats creative. You said it was future-istic and you painted it black? Then so is my cast-iron skillet.

So, so added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole. Anyway, that paintjob's ridonkulous! Don't you love sarcasm?

Finn

#232269 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 24 May 2009 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Finn, i have no idea what the fuck you're talking about with the "diddle Gun." Also, you certainly did not hit Zorn from any more than sixty feet with that PAS.

When Demon Lord pulled out that crazy shtgunned 4B, someone said diddle gun, and Demon Lord called it that quite a few times. I fixed my post, I guess, but I did shoot him ALOT from inside those bushes. My PAS wasn't shooting very well in the morning but I enventually fixed it, and it was shooting over peoples heads (I wasn't expecting it to shoot that far, so I angeled it and it shot as high as a crazy crackhead).

Finn

#232099 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 23 May 2009 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

+ Getting my Bow 'n' Arrow, a double crossbow, 2ft of brass, and a missile storm, which all work fantastically. You can expect a write-up for the missile storm, and a small and effective mod for the double crossbow.

+ AWESOME weather, almost perfect.

+ Getting a dart in the core with my Half-Ass modded bow and arrow (it's in the process of becoming a worthy primary).

+ Picking off Zorn 3 times in a row from about 80 feet away with my PAS from behind a tree and some bushes (and everyone says angled shots aren't effective), unfortunately Demon Lord raided the trees and I had to scramble.

+ Getting to see "the diddle Gun" in action. (Demon Lord's wierd shotgunned 4B.)

+ Meeting new, cool people, like Ryan# and Beaver.

+ LOTS of kills.

+ Barricades were great, I don't know why you didn't like them Zorn.

- Lost almost every dart, again.

- Badger got shot with a missile in the face, but I guess it's his problem. Zeek got hit face torn off.

- Getting shot in the face ALOT, almost every time I was hit, I was hit in the face.

- As Zorn said, play ground was occupied.

- I was butt-diddled, err, spawn camped (and stalked), by Demon lord's friend for the wing round, he was fine after that, though, actually pretty nice.

Finn

#231966 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 22 May 2009 - 08:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, this sucks, I just noticed that I only have larger darts for my PAS, yet the rest of my guns use CPVC, so I'm going to need to buy 100-150 CPVC stefans for around $20 (I'm not made of money, sorry). Also, check out my WTB list on page 2.

Thanks
Finn

#231490 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 20 May 2009 - 02:40 PM in Nerf Wars

It's this Saturday. It looks like we have a good crowd.

To all the people who came last time, do you have any problems with any apparent lack of cover? Were the trees enough of do you crave more? After seeing some of those obstacles at the NJ War through pictures Zorn and I thought we might try something similar if there was enough demand. We would appreciate a dollar or two at the war (we're doing it for you! FOR YOU!) but it's by no means necessary, and it wouldn't bother me personally if no one paid. I'd just like to get an idea beforehand so I can plan a trip to Ace and section off some time to construct them.

I will definately bring an extra couple of bucks if we can get barricades.

Finn

#231307 Minimized 4b

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 19 May 2009 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

Well, I just did a range test with the 2ft, bad barrel. Shots ranged from 20-40 ft flat with 3-4 pumps. I'm going to fix the leak so that I can (hopefully) be able to pump it 10 times and I'll cut down the barrel to 12". More updates to come...

Finn

#231181 Minimized 4b

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 18 May 2009 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Well, I've been working on it a little bit, but it's still a bit buggy. the main leaks are out, but it will only hold about 4 pumps of pressure without leaking (it will hold more, but will hiss). It's missing the trigger (so I use pliers to open the valve) and has an unknown barrel on it. The barrel is between Schedule 40 and Schedule 80, so it's got a fairly loose fit on my darts, but not loose enough to slide out of the barrel. Yes, I know the video sucks, but you can here it firing, and see how it works.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT* Forgot to add that the barrel is 2ft (exactly) and I will do range tests tomarrow, but don't expect much.

Finn

#230845 Minimized 4b

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 17 May 2009 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

Well, it's actually alot bigger than an AT2K tank, atleast twice as large, but it's fairly small. I will probably add to the tank with CPVC later, or just single it, but I think it will be great as a point blank type integration.

Finn

#230820 Minimized 4b

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 17 May 2009 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got it all put together, the seal was perfect, but not very strong so I'm going to go buy some goop and fix it.

Zorn's Lemma: I didn't cut down the tank, just the wierd, oversized pump (and globe-like thing).

Point Blank: Thanks.

-Finn.

#230790 Minimized 4b

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 17 May 2009 - 02:10 PM in Modifications

Well, everyone hates the pumps on the new big blasts, so here's a solution (this isn't a write up). The first picture's a side shot (in front of my awesome AlienWare PC) and the second picture's a close overview.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I didn't build this for the messed up pump (my pump actually worked quite well), I mainly built it for an integration. I may post a write up if it works well, but it's simple enough that you shouldn't need one. Under the 2" coupler is the 4B tank, which is connected to a Magstrike pump.

EDIT: Video's up.

Questions, comments, and constructive criticism are welcomed.

Finn

#230745 New Stefans

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 17 May 2009 - 09:53 AM in Homemades

I wanted to make some stefans but I couldn't get any BBs. However I did have some steel washers like the ones used for Captain Slug's stefans but no felt discs. So, I invented a new stefan where you hotglue the washer to one end of the stefan and then put a dome of hot glue over it for safety. Make sure that the hot glue doesn't drip over the ends or it will be a pain in the you-know-where to load your darts.

These aren't new, I've been using these since I started nerfing. They fly perfectly through wind though (ask anyone who went to ChANO).
Also, Draconis, BBs aren't used in air rifles unless they're completely made out of lead (other than the jacketing), they would ruin the rifling if they weren't made of lead. BBs are for BB guns.
Finn

#230739 Semi-auto 2k Prototype-its A Start

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 17 May 2009 - 09:28 AM in Modifications

I'm actually working on something like this with Rokor, I shall unviel it at ChANO 2. Muahahaha! The version I'm making will have an extremley high ROF, unfortunately, I have to order some PETG first, so it may not be completely finished by the time ChANO 2 comes around.

Finn

#230737 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 17 May 2009 - 09:18 AM in Nerf Wars

I've updated my WTB list now that I'm back on Nerfhaven.

Finn

#229190 Recon Shoots 50'

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 09 May 2009 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

Someone at ChANO managed to squeeze 90' out of his. He had to #49 springs in it and the front barrel was replaced with brass, I think he might have also done the pen mod to the plunger tube. Snake# bought it from him, though (darn you!).

Finn