May 23, 2009 (subject to discussion and therefore change), from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Promontory Point Park in Chicago (meeting point at 5454 South Shore Dr, Chicago, IL, 60615).
The park is enormous and open to use; there is another park a block or two nearby that can be used as a secondary site in case it gets boring here.
There is a Metra stop within five blocks and a 55 bus stop within two (the 55 departs from the Garfield Red Line stop).
Demon Lord +n (n ε N, n ≤ 5)
The relevant information:
Chano the First was pretty awesome. Good times. Room for improvement, though. Let's fill that room.
Here's what to bring:
- A few guns; at least one primary and at least one pistol. We'll have loaner guns but you'll be more comfortable using what you have used previously. The pistol is for pistol rounds.
- Ammo, and a fair amount of it. Once again we'll have loaner darts but we can not promise they'll fit your barrel material.
- Eye protection. We have some of those goofy Dart Tag protection glasses and two chemistry lab protection goggles so we can provide under pressure but there's a limited supply. If you don't bring any, you can't play; there's a dollar store two blocks away where you can buy some crappy sunglasses to use.
- LUNCH AND DRINKS. Quick lunch break because Zorn and I are going to keep delay between rounds down to a minimum.
Here's what you shouldn't bring:
- Absolutely no singled Titans. Plugged Titans must be shotgunned to at least three barrels - a minimum of three barrels attached to the airtank, with all barrels firing upon the trigger pull.
- No singled AND plugged 4Bs, LBBs, National Geographic Guns, or Signal Launchers. Plugged will imply shotgunned to at least three barrels.
- Special cases on the above banned guns will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if you feel you have something that is listed as banned but doesn't perform powerfully enough to warrant banning you may bring it, but please don't waste our time with a singled, plugged Titan where you shotgun-load a single barrel. I would ban SM5Ks but almost no one has one or uses one.
- Air-powered homemades (spring-powered ones are acceptable) will be considered on a case by case basis as well but the limitations on those will be stricter, since they're generally able to put out a lot more air than most of the big blasters.
- In the pistol rounds, the following will be banned: any of the PistolSplat variants, SM750s, Secret Shot 2s, and Splitfires. Basically, no airtank blasters; however, Spiderman guns in their wrist-strap forms will be allowed. Again, if you feel that you have a gun that should be an exception to this banned list, by all means, bring it along for testing.
- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. That is bad and you won't be allowed to use it, except for PASs and RFDGs. Those come in that color and are therefore fine.
We'll play a variety of types of game throughout the day, generally leaning towards the West Coast standards laid forth in Badger's etiquette thread (stickied, please read it). The three certainties thus far are CTF, team deathmatch, and pistols round. Zorn and I will work on creating other, more unique games.
Questions? Comments? Necessary items that need addressing but not necessarily in public? PM me.
Edited by Ice Nine, 23 May 2009 - 07:46 PM.