nerfer34's Content

There have been 1000 items by nerfer34 (Search limited from 10-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#209344 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by nerfer34 on 03 February 2009 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

Ambience, the penalties were both the exact same, but when the Steeler's guy commited the penalty, it was not on the kick, it was on a blocker. Not that that mkaes any difference. Also both were clearly penalties, there's no debate.

Now, when arizone was on defense, it was fourth down and their player clearly roughed the kicker. SO now, Pitt gets a first down and goes half the distance to the goal(since it's within the 15 yards to the endzone).

When the Steeler's player commited a personal foul, the penalty was also half the distance to goal from hwere the ball was caught on the punt. They can't be awarded a first down or anything because it would already be first down anyway.

#209327 Math Puzzle

Posted by nerfer34 on 03 February 2009 - 08:24 PM in Off Topic

Hahaha, I don't unserstand why everyone thinks telling the answer is spoiling. If the person trying the problem really didn't want to know the answer then he really shouldn't be looking at page 3 or 4 of the thread.

#209221 Math Puzzle

Posted by nerfer34 on 03 February 2009 - 02:28 PM in Off Topic

Wooo... I got it right in under 2 minutes!

Nope, i didn't cheat. I just figured that the answer had to be some number that I've heard of since only the radius was given. Then I remember for something in math we used the square root of two. So I just subracted the radius(1) from suare root of 2.

And I get C's in honors math in high school, I'm really not that smart. Just street smart.

#209103 Math Puzzle

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 February 2009 - 10:18 PM in Off Topic

I think the answer might be .414213562. (If that's right then.... I don't even know what I'll do)

#209077 Math Puzzle

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 February 2009 - 09:46 PM in Off Topic

I got something similar to Enchelaid. The radius is half of the circle, so half of the larger circle is 1. So that means that 1 is the diameter of the green circle which is a .5 radius.

Yaaaa...it's a bit more complicated than that.

#208968 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 February 2009 - 06:03 PM in Off Topic

I don't have the NFL Rulebook memorized, but I'm still trying to figure this one out. (Note - I had neither emotional nor financial investment in either team, so I don't care who won or lost.)

The Cardinals were called for roughing the kicker, because a guy tripped and toppled into him after the kick. The Steelers were given a first down - retaining the ball.

The Steelers were called for roughing the kicker, because a guy who apparently has a really bad attitude problem held the guy down and shoved him numerous times after the kick. The Cardinals were awarded what amounted to a 6 inch penalty putting the Steelers nearly inside the rear endzone. (Yes, this did eventually result in that crazy Safety, but...)

Why were the penalties called in that manner? To me, the Cardinals "roughing" was uninentional, and certainly not aggravated. The Steelers, on the other hand, was quite intentional, and what I would call "flagrant" (does that exist in the NFL?). Why was the Cardinals' penalty more severe than the Steelers'?

All personal fouls are 15 yard penalties. But if the ball is within 15 yards from the goaline, it goes "half the distance to the goaline". So let's say you're at the 5, then you'd be at the 2.5 yard line.

Also, lets get this straight. James HArrison is the guy who returned the interception 100 yards and later committed a personal foul. That personal foul was only called because he punched to the guy. Everything else he did was perfectly legal. Your allowed to keep throwing a guy down while the play is going on....

#208814 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 February 2009 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

The "fumble" near at the last 30 seconds was a load of shit! you could clearly see his arm go forward and release the ball.

I agree, I can't believe the booth made a decision that quickly. Plus, if the play was ruled an incomplete pass, the Steelers' 15 yard personal foul would have still applied. The Cards would have been at like 25 with 15 seconds to go....

#208801 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 February 2009 - 10:20 PM in Off Topic

Serious fan here. The Steelers will win by 4 I'm saying.

It will be a tight game though.

Hmmmm am I psycic?...

#208799 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 February 2009 - 10:17 PM in Off Topic

Till the last five minutes it was a ten point difference...

It wasn't what I would call a good game. Yes, there were some nice plays, but there are those with any superbowl.

What are yout alking about? That was a great superbowl. And if you look in the other superbowl thread, you can see that I predicted Pitt by 4.....

#208656 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 February 2009 - 03:22 PM in Nerf Wars

If there were professional nerfers, you guys would definitely be it.

Who are the four guys traveling? Is it Falcon, Groove, OMC, and Bags?

#208598 Banet Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 February 2009 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

Jeez, I'd definitely spend a few hours planning where your going to install the sword first. Then I'd really do some research to decide what kind of tape to use. I hear duck tape is pretty strong. That is is you mean BAYONET.

#208231 May I Please Have Your Attention

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 January 2009 - 01:26 PM in Off Topic

Hey Falcon, how are going to tell me that's dumb.

Well, I'm not a phsycic so how I am I supposed to know qhat led him into a coma. And I remember one of his last topics talking about the J so, I simply assumed.

Good to see your back Ryan

#208069 May I Please Have Your Attention

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 January 2009 - 11:21 PM in Off Topic

Wow. My best of wishes to you for recovering from everything. You'll be in my prayers as well.

But I think you said you smoked weed alot eariler, and I'm guessing that may be why you were in a coma. I hope you've stopped smoking after all this. And for everyone else, I recomend that you I guess just try weed once and then never do it again. I really messes up your lives. My best buddy smoked all summer and he still is, he was an A and B student and he just dropped out of school this week.

Ryan(numbers), I'vee missed your mods!

#208001 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 January 2009 - 08:58 PM in Off Topic

Serious fan here. The Steelers will win by 4 I'm saying.

It will be a tight game though.

#207461 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 January 2009 - 10:10 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for all the help imaseoulman. The arachnophobia has already become my favorite weapon of choice in the arsenal. I'll take good care of her.

I hope you still stop by on ocassion and stick with the hobby.

#207458 Ps-800 And The "slide Angel Breech"

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 January 2009 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

Can you say dead space? Nice work though.

Are you serious? There's not much dead space at all. You know in every longshot you modify there is twice the dead space than on this breech. Dead space is everywhere and really can't be completley fixed.

#207450 Ps-800 And The "slide Angel Breech"

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 January 2009 - 09:47 PM in Modifications

Wow amazing work.

I began experimenting with putting these clips on guns right when I bought my first LS. But I just completely gave up on it because it was pretty tough.

You really should make a double clip, that way you woulnd't have to keep taking off the clip so constantly. That brass looks like it can easily hold the extra weight too. I 'm really tempted to make one for my maxshot but the only problem is the getting the unique brass sizes.

#203914 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by nerfer34 on 16 January 2009 - 08:13 PM in Off Topic

1) Halo 2
2) Halo 3
3) Twisted Metal 2
4)Goldeneye
5) Supersmash Bros.

#203911 Nf2k - Loose Approximation Of Boltok Pistol

Posted by nerfer34 on 16 January 2009 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

Looks great but one qyestion about the breech...Don't you have tro pump that atleast 4 times? So doesn't that mean that your breech is openning and closing every pump? I can easily see your darts shredding....

#203145 Sm3k Blue Drop Clip, By Splitlip

Posted by nerfer34 on 13 January 2009 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Very interesting, good work. ALthough it seemed like you did too much work the for the results that you got, but hey that happens sometimes.

Also, I think yyou have sold me on that pressure gauge. I do have a question involvong the gauge, Do you need those 2 other parts for it to function properly? Or could you just just feed the tubing in/out of the gauge?

#202115 Florida Gators!

Posted by nerfer34 on 09 January 2009 - 06:37 PM in Off Topic

Huge Gator/Tebow fan and huge Tebow fan. I don't MIND the BCS but a playoff brackett would be a amazing. But it's just not possible because there would be way too many games and not enough rest. I think they should take the top and do a single elimination round, personally.

Tim Tebow probably has the greatest life ever up to this point. The guy's amazing, I've never seen anyone try to run through defenders like him before.

#201935 Magnificent 7

Posted by nerfer34 on 08 January 2009 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

Great. I will be at a few of these wars this year. Sounds fun, I've always been wondering how good at nerfing everyone else is at NH,

I do have a few questions with the bannings. Doesn't a crossbow hands down shoot further than a Big salvo? Why are Big Salvos banned? Also how are maxshots banned if crossbows aren't? I realize what Talio said and everything, but if I can just have an expanation to this that would be great. I'm not complaining after all, you guys take your own time to host it.

#201473 Team Canada!

Posted by nerfer34 on 06 January 2009 - 05:08 PM in Off Topic

Play a real sport like football. Put a small NFL player like Ed Reed on ice with that Canadien Hockey team and he'd put all the "big hitters" right on this ice. It's true but I won't hate on hockey as there is atleast contact.

But I did watch:
The underarmour all-american High School football game
The NFL wild card games

#200075 Computer Problem

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 December 2008 - 07:55 PM in Off Topic

Haha, alright I updated the flashplayer, updated the stupid yellow pop up toolbar thing at the top, and did the windows updates. And now it's working great! I probably didn't have to do all 3 but I did. Thanks for the help.

#198670 Computer Problem

Posted by nerfer34 on 24 December 2008 - 02:25 PM in Off Topic

Hey, how come every time I watch like a youtube video on my new Dell computer, it freezes every like 5 seconds and buffers for another like 10 seconds and just repeats. But on my older Dell, it just plays the whole video with out anny freezes?

Do you guys know hwta i can do to solve this problem? Do I need to donwload something or what?

Thanks

#197797 Are We Nerfers Nerdy?

Posted by nerfer34 on 21 December 2008 - 05:01 PM in Off Topic

I'm sure most of us are, I for one am not. I just love playing nerf, it's so much fun.

#193314 Internal At3k Inline Clip

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 December 2008 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

Now this is sweet.

I have two completely stock AT3Ks that have just been waiting for me to do something sexy with them.

I think this is the answer, and I'll even add a push valve to eliminate the dead space. Push valve open, tip gun forward, let valve close, fire.

Oh, and of course back loading with a screw on back cap, or maybe even screw on clips so that I can have multiple clips ready at any time. Hmmmm... I must think. And finish my damn Clear Mav LED project so I can work on other things.

You have just given me the best idea ever. I won't let you guys down...You'll be seeing a new inline clip when I get a 3k.

#192883 Internal At3k Inline Clip

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 November 2008 - 10:22 PM in Modifications

That's badass. Great idea dude. I would have never thought of that. Although, I've had some issues with that RSCB clip. I presonally prefer the inline, but that's great thinking.

#192880 Edge

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 November 2008 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

That's the best eab I've seen. Nice.

But you're setup has a ton of dead space... But there's no way to prevent that if you're using the inline(which was a good idea).

Nice work.

#191556 L+l - Rev 1.5

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 November 2008 - 08:27 PM in Homemades

Great job. I liked how you made an initila design and then went out and improved on it. I'm looking forward to seeing that thing painted!

#189330 Nerf Tank

Posted by nerfer34 on 12 November 2008 - 07:13 PM in Off Topic

I've always wanted to make one too. Go for it! Even if it doesn't move who cares, it'd be sick.

Put a vulcan on top of it along with an RF20. Then stick a titan in the front.

#189329 Stefan Weights

Posted by nerfer34 on 12 November 2008 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

I've been using 1 copper BB in all of my stefans and they work fine in my at2k.

Remember that the dome of hotglue adds a lot of extra weight too.

#189159 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by nerfer34 on 11 November 2008 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

I will state my all time favorite song, Last Train Home by the Lost prophets.

Other good ones not mentioned yet I don't think:
How far we've come
it's not my time
prayer of the refugee

#188459 Gears Of War 2

Posted by nerfer34 on 09 November 2008 - 12:34 PM in Off Topic

It's a great game.

The campaign was fun.

But I have to say I kinda hate some of the levels. The level "security" is the worst game I've ever played.

Atleast they brought back Gridlock and Canals. And I love the chainsaw battles.

#187744 Inline Clips...

Posted by nerfer34 on 05 November 2008 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

Ok, so. I made a clip today. 1/2 PVC clip area leading out into a CPVC barrel. The first shot I fire works wonders but after that on the second shot all of the darts shoot out shotgun style.

Anyone know how I can prevent this?

Read here. http://nerfhaven.com...t=0#entry121362

I've spent a lot of time on these inline clips and if yo can perfect them, they are great. I use them on all of my singled guns now.

#185853 The Hereticorp Assault Rifle Mk. 2

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 October 2008 - 03:58 PM in Modifications

Doesn't the LS stock get in the way of the 2k pump?

That's a crazy LS BTW.

#185620 Favorite Call Of Duty Weapon

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 October 2008 - 10:28 AM in Off Topic

M16 red tiger
red dot
3 frags
Juggernaut
martyrdom

P90 silenced
3 frags
juggernaut
martyrdom

I only play Team Deathmatch really.

Call me a noob but Juggernaut is by the best perk in my opinion. And I must average around 4 kills per game with martyrdom.

#181318 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by nerfer34 on 03 October 2008 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

That.. is ...AWESOME!

#177308 Plumbers Goop Vs. Epoxy

Posted by nerfer34 on 14 September 2008 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

I prefer plumber's goop. You can get it on your hands and it can easily be removed unklike epoxy.

Plumber's Goop takes longer to fully dry.

It really depends on what you're glueing. If you're gluing brass to plastic or something like that use plumber's goop. If you're gluing plastic to plastic and it really needs to be strong maybe use epoxy.

#175483 Marvelous Titan Difficulties

Posted by nerfer34 on 06 September 2008 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

Very nice work. It looks menacing.

But I have to agree, I don't like the trigger location. But whatever floats your boat.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final, final product!