Photo

Internal At3k Inline Clip

29 replies to this topic

#1 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

easy mod with great results. The clip is from the top barrel of the longshot front gun. Had to trim down the T coupler and elbow to make it fit inside. Holds about 5 to 6 darts(I use long darts). no ranges yet and barrel pictured was just for testing.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

also note the 3k's have black internals now, the old ones were white

Edited by jerm78, 30 November 2008 - 02:49 AM.

#2 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

Why would you add a inline clip to a gun that had a turret?

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#3 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

Ooooooooooh!

Now that's nice!
Nice work! Now I wish I had gone out on Friday and gotten a couple.

Questions:
What did you use at the back end of the clip as a plug?
And why do you have a speed loader on there if it has a clip?

I'll say it again because I like it so much.

Nice work!
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

That's badass. Great idea dude. I would have never thought of that. Although, I've had some issues with that RSCB clip. I presonally prefer the inline, but that's great thinking.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

Exactly. An auto rotating turret, to boot.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:34 PM

No place for air to leak out unlike the turret and it gets ranges like its singled

Edited by jerm78, 29 November 2008 - 10:36 PM.

#7 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

Nice! And as far as the RSCB vs. Turret question, an RSCB clip is much faster and easier to reload than a turret, especially a front-loading turret. I'm not too crazy over the 3K, partially due to the turret's rotation mech/pump handle; this is a very practical alternative.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#8 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

I like it. But as someone else asked I too am curious as to how you plugged the back of the clip.

#9 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

I made a cap for the end and epoxied it on

#10 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:07 AM

Can someone explain to me how these clips work? I see no reason to extend the barrel back into the gun.

#11 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:21 AM

Full writeup.

http://nerfhaven.com/mods/ss_rscb/
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#12 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:36 AM

So every time you pump the gun face down a dart falls into the barrel?

#13 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

Pretty much. It's a fantastic system.

#14 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

Because the AT3K's turret sucks foamy balls. Seriously.

I have to say I love this. It's very nice work, and it has inspired me to start experimenting with some inline clips.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#15 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

Exactly. An auto rotating turret, to boot.

IMHO, the AT3k turret adds little value to the gun. Auto-advancing turrets are a neat trick, but honestly are no faster than manually-advanced turrets. Turrets give you a nice burst ROF, but you still have to re-load all the damn barrels, so your sustained ROF is not much better than a singled gun. Turrets are nice for indoor wars, however, since burst ROF is a bigger deal - but then, you get more shots out of an RSCB clip, so... the advantages of turrets go away.

I'm very happy someone made an internal clip for the AT3k - the gun has ample empty internal volume begging to be stuffed with awesome. Bravo, sir!

While on the topic - I'm very curious to hear what the ranges are like. I would think that the dead space in an RSCB clip would kill the range (I would expect a well-sealed turret to get better ranges).

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 13 November 2011 - 12:46 AM.

#16 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:41 PM

So you load the darts in the front of the gun by removing the barrel? Wouldn't it be easier to have a fixed barrel and just have a removable cap at the back?

Still pretty cool. I might try this on one of my 2Ks if there is enough room for it.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

#17 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

I may actually try this now that I have six Airtech 3k's. I’ll let you know how it goes if I do, indeed try it

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#18 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

Argh.... Thunder stealer. I'm doing pretty much the same thing on a 2k. Nice use of otherwise useless longshot parts and keeping it so fresh and so clean clean.

Is the gun pump plugged?
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#19 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

that is nearly perfect...
I agree with everyone else about rear loading (well except gay guys)..

A pump replacement and a little more creativity with component placement and that is the ultimate nerf weapon IMHO...

Don

Edit: If you flipped the pump so it exited in the rear of the gun, you would naturally point down and load while pumping.

damn, I can;t quit thinking about this...... the clip could be extended all the way into a shoulder stock.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 30 November 2008 - 04:54 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#20 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

damn, I can;t quit thinking about this...... the clip could be extended all the way into a shoulder stock.

I had the same thought. But wouldn't the extra dead space hurt range if the darts were in the back?Posted Image
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#21 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:39 PM

I had the same thought. But wouldn't the extra dead space hurt range if the darts were in the back?Posted Image

The gun is tipped forward before firing. The darts won't fire if they are at the back of the clip.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

#22 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

The longer the inline clip, the more dead space. An inline clip that extended into a stock would decrease the range of the at3k so much it would be ineffective.

It would be best to experiment with different PVC (or other material) lengths to find the right combination of range and rof.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#23 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:34 PM

Koolio dude, Amazing Idea for getting rid of the turret, (I hate turrets,{check my name})
But your stefans are huge!!!!
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#24 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

The longer the inline clip, the more dead space. An inline clip that extended into a stock would decrease the range of the at3k so much it would be ineffective.

yea I thought of that too.... but there are so many possibilities for a speedlaoder type setup in the stock..

well, I had an idea that needed a at3k turret and now I have a reason to try it with this new mod.

Don

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 30 November 2008 - 08:59 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#25 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

Just add a ball valve between the end of the mag and the mag extension/stock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users